Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

TheRationalRedditor posted:

She looks like she stepped out of Toy Story, with that huge Buzz Lightyear jaw

It's funny you mention toys cuz what she totally reminds me of is one of those Monster High dolls my niece plays with. I also find her just as annoying as trying to open the packaging that the dolls come in

Trillhouse posted:

She gets half the screen time which I should be mad about but she's so ridiculously attractive I don't care.

I wish they'd put a little more effort into making it less obvious which bottom 3 contestant is going home this early in the season, even though this is Ink Master and the judging has been ultra predictable when it comes to Peck/Nunez/producer favorites for a lot of seasons already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Complaining about manipulation while piping up during the judging, heh. I guarantee the girls are gonna turn on each other, probably around the time the top ten merge.

Huh, I guess Julia's voice was fairly fake.

OmegaBR fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Sep 14, 2016

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

savinhill posted:

I wish they'd put a little more effort into making it less obvious which bottom 3 contestant is going home this early in the season, even though this is Ink Master and the judging has been ultra predictable when it comes to Peck/Nunez/producer favorites for a lot of seasons already.

To be fair I really thought that Nikki was going to get it in the peacock challenge. I know not finishing a tattoo is a cardinal sin, but like Nunez said, she literally didn't colour inside the lines!

Glad Dave got ousted, bummed that John did. I liked John more than Sirvone.

Also it's very satisfying, at least to me, when I get on IG and see a post by one of the first contestants that got out in the first ep, realizing I only followed them because they were on the show, then unfollowing them. Example: Elisheba.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

This season sucks.

The format is terrible, Dave is the only judge. And the girl alliance is super annoying.

OmegaBR posted:

Complaining about manipulation while piping up during the judging, heh. I guarantee the girls are gonna turn on each other, probably around the time the top ten merge.

Huh, I guess Julia's voice was fairly fake.

oh it was absolutely fake, that was known during her season. She's such a bitch. and I can't wait for Gia and the other girl with the grey hair to leave, they annoy the crap out of me.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
i liked all the elimination tattoos

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

I'd like to see a female Ink Master as much as the next person, but here you've got one who gave up on the challenge and practically demanding an easy canvas because she's in a bad mood about it.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

OmegaBR posted:

I'd like to see a female Ink Master as much as the next person, but here you've got one who gave up on the challenge and practically demanding an easy canvas because she's in a bad mood about it.

All the girls left are annoying as gently caress, except maybe Kelly. I can't stand Ryan and Gia. Mega bitches.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I'm watching this redemption ep and I don't see the dick in the skull. What am I missing?

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Epi Lepi posted:

I'm watching this redemption ep and I don't see the dick in the skull. What am I missing?

I think it was in the shadow at the bottom. I didn't really see it either.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

How the gently caress did that heart win over Kelly's wolf. :psyduck:

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
That flash challenge was ridiculous - ok, that's a given. But how the gently caress could they even film it? It was SO BAD. Boring, pointless, unthrilling, had nothing to do with anything, argh.

Also I hate when it means only one team tattoos per episode. This season really sucks.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

hepscat posted:

That flash challenge was ridiculous - ok, that's a given. But how the gently caress could they even film it? It was SO BAD. Boring, pointless, unthrilling, had nothing to do with anything, argh.

Also I hate when it means only one team tattoos per episode. This season really sucks.

Yeah, I was hoping the format would be like Top Shot, where it's a team setting but individual challenges, and it's up to the teams to work together to improve their strengths and have to remove their weakest members when they lose. Or maybe if Peck and Nunez reviewed their team members' designs to say "this is what the judges are looking for this week and what you need to fix before you start tattooing" so the quality of tattoos improved. But this is the worst format, it's just "normal Ink Master, except half the contestants sit on their hands each week"

Also, watercolor tattoos? What's next week, feathers/dandelions turning into bird silhouettes? And the flash challenge is to piss 6 feet in the air straight up without getting wet

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

The format sucks and no one is establishing themselves as someone I want to win. I don't care about any of them really. SketchyLawyer and I think Eric(?) are the only dudes I kind of like so far. The girls are all annoying except maaaaybe Kelly.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction
Kelly's tattoo was the bomb and she should have won. Nikki's heart was pretty good but that wolf was amazing.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

I think they made the right decision between the three of them, but from a pure technical standpoint, it would have been Gia. Those squares are unforgivable. Don't get me wrong, Boneface's wasn't pretty, but at least it's got a lot of imagery. Gia's was creative and all, but you can't be creative if you can't execute it.

I would really, sincerely like to like the girls, because a couple of them are obviously very talented (Ryan and Kelly specifically.) But boy oh boy, they're getting more annoying by the episode. Particularly Nikki, who acts like a 10 year old (even getting comforted during the critique that wasn't even hers.)

It's getting so blatant, I'm honestly starting to question if the producers set this up. The four of them attacking one person at once, the snickering during their critique, the piping up during their critique, and just all the whining. That's what really kills me, after every single response. There have been some cocky people on this show, but they act shocked that Gian was gunning for them when they've made no secret of the fact that they're a unit.

Ah well, I'm sure it'll all fall apart once they combine the teams and Kelly and/or Ryan will make it to the final.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I don't really get what they expect. Someone has to get the lovely canvases after all.

Also, how the gently caress is Nikki 24?? Boneface dropped a truth bomb there in my opinion.

Beller
Apr 9, 2009

Epi Lepi posted:

Boneface dropped a truth bomb there in my opinion.

I laughed really, really hard at that joke and the overlapping shrieking that followed.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Beller posted:

I laughed really, really hard at that joke and the overlapping shrieking that followed.

I loved the reactions from the other guys so much.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Epi Lepi posted:

Also, how the gently caress is Nikki 24?? Boneface dropped a truth bomb there in my opinion.

:owned:

Drugs are bad, mmmkay.

But seriously that was hilarious.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Nikki being in her early 20s in the only "shocking" revelation they'll ever actually have this season. Crusty & lumpy looks legit 48 years old, rofl

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

OmegaBR posted:

It's getting so blatant, I'm honestly starting to question if the producers set this up.

I always assume that any reality TV drama is being pushed by the producers and exaggerated by the editors.

SYFy's Face Off was such a nice breath of fresh air, such a shame they got such lovely contestants these last few seasons. :sigh:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Flyinglemur posted:

I loved the reactions from the other guys so much.

I identified really strongly with Mike's expression there.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Nikki really needs to follow Sketchy's tip and shut the gently caress up, jfc.

Who's everybody rooting for? Gian, Kelly and Sketchy are my favourites. Sketchy doesn't have the best tattoos but his demeanor is the best. Tito is also hilarious.

Ryan is obviously going to be a finalist, I'm thinking for final 5 it'll be Ryan, Gian, Kelly, Gia and... hmm... hopefully Sketchy!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Johnny Truant posted:

Nikki really needs to follow Sketchy's tip and shut the gently caress up, jfc.

Who's everybody rooting for? Gian, Kelly and Sketchy are my favourites. Sketchy doesn't have the best tattoos but his demeanor is the best. Tito is also hilarious.

Ryan is obviously going to be a finalist, I'm thinking for final 5 it'll be Ryan, Gian, Kelly, Gia and... hmm... hopefully Sketchy!

Yeah I'm with you on Gian and Sketchy. possibly Kelly too, she's the only girl who isn't super annoying.

I think Eric or Beavers could win it.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Kelly's wolf is the single most impressive thing someone's done so far, I'm pulling for her so far.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Gia, w/ vocal fry: "People are idiiiiiiotssss" *continues having half a black scratchy doily permanently stamped into forehead*

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Power of Pecota posted:

Kelly's wolf is the single most impressive thing someone's done so far, I'm pulling for her so far.

There was a ton of awesome details and design choices and techniques packed into that tattoo but the fact that the wolf's head was so lopsided really pulled it down for me. It felt like the wolf was supposed to be slightly turned away but then the eyes & nose were in direct alignment making it look like it was looking directly at you.

Just to highlight what I mean:

If you mirror the image it also highlights the perspective problems:

It's suuuuuper unfair of me to be so nitpicky about a tattoo which the artist was forced to complete in just 6 hours but I wouldn't even bother submitting any of the other tattoos to this level of scutiny

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
It can be looking directly at you without facing you directly forward. The nose is a bit janky, but the purple eye is clearly smaller and differently-angled.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

nah that wolf was super asymmetrical and not in a cool, intentional way. it was obvious during the show and even moreso when he does those mirror splits

right to bear karma
Feb 20, 2001

There's a Dr. Fist here to see you.
Hallelujah, I am actually watching Ink Master while it airs and can read the thread. This show is my favorite train wreck show.

Epi Lepi posted:

I had that exact same reaction when I started reading this thread after the previous episode and saw her age in the OP. Lo and behold, when I finished catching up tonight, thus spake Boneface. Sketchy turning away after that line was the best, I'm sure he was cracking up.

I'm rooting hard for Kelly. Nikki needs to go, she's dragging the chick unit down with her.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

That's literally the funniest and truest insult that's ever been filmed in the entirety of the show's retarded history. It completely devastated her the instant it entered the air, nikki's shocked, horrified reaction at hearing her most feared truth spoken aloud, and their entire alliance reacting like a fox-spooked chicken coop. It burned her so badly that her grudge bearing salt against boneface persisted for the entire rest of the episode in a really comically overt way, ahaha

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Nikki doesn't even know what New School is? Ho ho boy.

Her "handsome Squidward" Lincoln was definitely bad, but Tito deserved to go home (and I personally didn't think he was good enough to make it to the teams in the first place.) They really make her look like a dope though.

I think between them and Kevin, Nunez clearly has the inferior team to Peck's.

OmegaBR fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Oct 5, 2016

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
How the gently caress does a professional tattoo artist in this day and age not know anything about New School?? Especially when they're entered into a competition which will inevitably include that style at some point? Had she never watched Ink Master before turning up? :psyduck:

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

How the gently caress does a professional tattoo artist in this day and age not know anything about New School?? Especially when they're entered into a competition which will inevitably include that style at some point? Had she never watched Ink Master before turning up? :psyduck:

I end up watch a lot of competition shows like this with my wife. Chopped, Cutthroat Kitchen, Project Runway, Faceoff this kind of poo poo happens all the time and it always bothers me. I get it if the show is in it's first season or two, but if there's 7 or 8 seasons out and you get get accepted for a casting call WATCH A drat SEASON OR TWO and figure out how the game is played and have a drat plan for when those curveballs show up.

You KNOW they're gonna do Japanese, you KNOW they're gonna do New School, and American Trad, flip through a loving book and draw a few pieces of flash, they're gonna have an unconventional materials challenge, practice sewing loving garbage bags, you're gonna have to make dessert out of gizzards and a pineapple husk, see what the judges like and what tools you'll have at your disposal and try something in your own kitchen.

I'm pretty sure Nunez even said something along these lines in the first episode or two when they were still picking teams, something like You know there's going to be Japanese, look it up.

I really enjoyed Nikki's skull pick, it's like she couldn't have hosed it up any more.

:downswords: New school has got to have color! I'll give Sketchy the black guy also I won't ask where anyone wants the drat tattoo, it's not like it matters or anything!

Kelly :what:
Sketchy :whatup:

TheDon01 fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 5, 2016

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

With her gnarled, lumpy visage it's easy to forget from moment to moment that she's a stupid 24 year old who doesn't know anything instead of a grizzled late 40-something DMV clerk

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

How the gently caress did they decide that Nikki had the best flash challenge tattoo? Her tattoo was straight poo poo.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
Her getting to choose skulls probably seemed like it would make good TV, I guess? Eric's was a lot better.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

glasnost toyboy posted:

Her getting to choose skulls probably seemed like it would make good TV, I guess? Eric's was a lot better.

Yeah I know that's exactly what it is. Still loving garbage, can't wait till her big fuckin mouth gets ousted, she's gonna bitch and moan so much. She's like Boneface level imo, like how the gently caress did she get on the show in the first place?

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Wow, I really like all of the women and I love that they formed an alliance. But I'm only on episode 4. I hope they don't turn on each other :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Woooooow. I'm actually very surprised. I thought Mike was the obvious loser, and then they play the report card. I mean, I hate to defend Gia, especially after she should have been gone for those chest squares, but she didn't have the worst one today.

Also, shut up Nikki, drat. She got an earful tonight, but I'm waiting for the next few episodes when it's not funny anymore, and they really tear into someone for interrupting.

• Locked thread