Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Pancakes posted:

I'm pro-Cardinals biased and I still winced whenever I saw him do a takeout slide. Thankfully he never ruined anyone's season that I'm aware of but he's just such a big guy. It always looked so dangerous.

Yeah, to his credit, he's never broken legs and he seems to have taken to the new rules well. It's just something deeply ingrained in me at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
How in the gently caress are Frenchie and Pence on the most-hated list and yet Utley is on the most-loved?!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Inspector_666 posted:

How in the gently caress are Frenchie and Pence on the most-hated list and yet Utley is on the most-loved?!

Easy, pick one:

"Boo? gently caress you."

or

"World champions. World loving champions!"

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Inspector_666 posted:

It is possible that one or more of these people appears on both lists. :ninja:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Holliday was the only Cardinal on my hated list, despite the fact that I hate them more than any other team.

Also I'm pretty sure Utley is gonna show up higher on the most-hated list.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Holliday was the only Cardinal on my hated list, despite the fact that I hate them more than any other team.

Also I'm pretty sure Utley is gonna show up higher on the most-hated list.

I may be celebrating preemptively and Yadi will show up at number 1 but I think we benefit from the fact that a lot of our most despicable personal behavior has been from retired, traded or dead players, from LaRussa or from our psychotic, racist fans rather than our current roster.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Inspector_666 posted:

I single handedly dragged Utley to the most loved list because I love him and you jerks are all so mean to him just because he accidentally hurt a guy and felt real bad about it afterwards and he's tall and handsome and has nice hair and is good at baseball and bloo bloo bloo
:qqsay:
(Imagine I went to the trouble of finding the gif of that emote that grows real big)

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

The Nards Pan posted:

I single handedly dragged Utley to the most loved list because I love him and you jerks are all so mean to him just because he accidentally hurt a guy and felt real bad about it afterwards and he's tall and handsome and has nice hair and is good at baseball and bloo bloo bloo
(Imagine I went to the trouble of finding the gif of that emote that grows real big)

Bring on the haters.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

The Nards Pan posted:

Utley is not only not the handsomest Dodger (it's Kershaw :allears: ), he also was not the handsomest Phillie when he was on the Phillies (it was Cliff Lee). :colbert:

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

YeahTubaMike posted:

Utley is not only not the handsomest Dodger (it's Kershaw :allears: ), he also was not the handsomest Phillie when he was on the Phillies (it was Cliff Lee Hollywood). :colbert:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Padres fans also hate Holliday for the fact that he never touched home plate in the Wild Card tiebreaker game. But that's more the ump's fault.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

YeahTubaMike posted:

Utley is not only not the handsomest Dodger (it's Kershaw :allears: ), he also was not the handsomest Phillie when he was on the Phillies (it was Cliff Lee). :colbert:

Kershaw's continued growing of a horrible Amish neckbeard takes him right out of the running.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

The Nards Pan posted:

me posted:

Utley is not only not the handsomest Dodger (it's Kershaw ), he also was not the handsomest Phillie when he was on the Phillies (it was Cliff Lee Hollywood).

Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels were equally handsome in different ways. Then Hamels got traded to a team with Yu Darvish on it, and I promptly forgot he existed. :swoon:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

YeahTubaMike posted:

Utley is not only not the handsomest Dodger (it's Kershaw :allears: )
ummmmmm no sorry it's Corey Seager aka Chase Utley's son

iKickDogs
Aug 31, 2001

According to Baseball Reference's 2016 Top 12 by WAR: Dodgers Edition, the Dodgers are all pretty goofy looking, except for Andrew Toles, who has a certain mystery about him.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/LAD/2016.shtml

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

iKickDogs posted:

According to Baseball Reference's 2016 Top 12 by WAR: Dodgers Edition, the Dodgers are all pretty goofy looking, except for Andrew Toles, who has a certain mystery about him.

Toles already being in the top 12 despite having 75 PAs is very indicative of the 2016 Dodgers

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Poque posted:

Toles already being in the top 12 despite having 75 PAs is very indicative of the 2016 Dodgers
In that vein, Julio Urias has the 3rd highest fWAR among Dodgers starters this year

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bawfuls posted:

You're all spelling Joc Pederson weird.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Clayton Kershaw is not handsome

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Inspector_666 posted:

Kershaw's continued growing of a horrible Amish neckbeard takes him right out of the running.

Post a pic, I'm curious.

bawfuls posted:

Inspector_666 posted:

You're all spelling Joc Pederson weird.

straight up brolic posted:

All three of you are insane, although at least Corey Seager is cute in the same way that baby polar bears are.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

YeahTubaMike posted:

Post a pic, I'm curious.

I mean, he's got it seemingly 90% of the time.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Inspector_666 posted:

I mean, he's got it seemingly 90% of the time.

Ah I thought it was some new thing that was suddenly ruining him, but no. I stand by my taste in Dodgers.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
It was really egregious and awful when he won an award the other year.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

iKickDogs posted:

Changing this to BOS on a whim informed me that Mookie Betts has 7.9 WAR :staredog:

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I almost put Hendricks on my most hated list because he's a white ivy league guy who is (for the moment) an elite professional athlete.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

I almost put Hendricks on my most hated list because he's a white ivy league guy who is (for the moment) an elite professional athlete.

Yeah but his dad is a limo driver in the city, I don't think he grew up wealthy or anything.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

tadashi posted:

that makes him a minority, and that makes you a racist. :sad:

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

tadashi posted:

Cardinals have a Stanford guy and a Princeton guy. Neither of them are having the season that Hendricks is having, of course. Still, if you want to hate on someone for their school you can target Piscotty or Bowman and not feel like you're betraying your team.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
The school he went to is just another reason why I hate Jeff Samardzija :colbert:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Oversleeping + actually having to do work at work = late post. Sorry about that!

Most Hated #20, 17 pts: Carlos Gomez
Team: Texas Rangers
Debut: May 13, 2007

#1 votes: 0
#2 votes: 0
#3 votes: 0

What's to hate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqG5sixi7R0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9SqZ3r-jps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEtOPFbxVgE

The temperamental outfielder rubs a lot of people the wrong way. He's been involved in enough incidents to have rightfully gained a reputation as a hothead.

Current Rankings

Most Hated posted:

25. Joe Panik, Jered Weaver, Alejandro De Aza, Dansby Swanson, Matt Harvey
24. Josh Donaldson, Clay Buchholz
23. Jung-ho Kang, Eric Hosmer, Jeff Francoeur
22. Noah Syndergaard, Hunter Pence
21. Matt Holliday
20. Carlos Gomez

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Most Loved #20 (3-way tie), 19 pts: Justin Verlander, Felix Hernandez, Mookie Betts

Justin Verlander
Team: Detroit Tigers
Debut: July 4, 2005

#1 votes: 1
#2 votes: 0

What's to love? He is very good at pitching and engaged to a model while also not being Matt Harvey, so it's okay to like him.

Felix Hernandez
Team: Seattle Mariners
Debut: August 4, 2005

#1 votes: 0
#2 votes: 1

What's to love? He is a historically good pitcher, having thrown the first Mariners' first perfect game, beaten Randy Johnson's record for most strikeouts by a Mariner & Jamie Moyer's record for most wins as a Mariner, and Tom Seaver's 13-game streak of 7 innings pitched with fewer than 2 runs per game allowed (Hernandez's streak was 16 games). Is it any wonder he has his own cheer section in Safeco Field?

Mookie Betts
Team: Boston Red Sox
Debut: June 29, 2014

#1 votes: 1
#2 votes: 1

What's to love? THAT FACE. :swoon: Also, this stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DEWqkZemlc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7F5valNHaw

loving phenomenal. Even as a NYC baseball fan, I can't help but like him too.

Current Rankings

Most Loved posted:

25. Darwin Barney
24. Miguel Cabrera, Munenori Kawasaki, Corey Seager, Kyle Schwarber, Gary Sanchez
23. Troy Tulowitzki, David Ross
22. Chase Utley, Dae-ho Lee
21. Kyle Hendricks, Noah Syndergaard
20. Justin Verlander, Felix Hernandez, Mookie Betts

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Sep 13, 2016

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You people are the worst. Carlos Gomez is pure fun and he pissed of Brian McCann which makes him even cooler.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Poque posted:

that makes him a minority, and that makes you a racist. :sad:
hard to disagree with tbh

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Popete posted:

You people are the worst. Carlos Gomez is pure fun and he pissed of Brian McCann which makes him even cooler.

My first draft of his blurb was something like "Carlos Gomez rubs a lot of people the wrong way, but in his defense those people seem to be assholes".

Pissing off 2013-era Brian McCann should be Nobel Prize-worthy.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

justin verlander naked or half naked in dungarees boosts his likability

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I must say I'm not looking forward to Mookie Betts destroying the Blue Jays for the forseeable future and I almost put him on my most hated if not for him being so dang good

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

justin verlander naked or half naked in dungarees boosts his likability

I'm not seeing it, but it's well-established in this thread that my taste in men is slightly left of center.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Dog's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm not seeing it, but it's well-established in this thread that my taste in men is slightly left of center.
I just think it's a hilarious and unique brand of nude

• Locked thread