Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Im thinking about a little solo holiday in miami. I will want to test my sexy british accent out at a few clubs on some HB6-7s while im there. Is it like nyc, all walkable, or will i need to drive about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

congrats on contracting zika OP

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
It's America, so a lot of places won't even have sidewalks. You want to walk on the side of the street like some vagrant and get shot by police ???

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
You'll want a car unless you want to cab around everywhere because the city is quite sprawling and doesn't have the transit build up of new york.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
hot miami tip:

dont go to miami

hell, don't go to florida. anything below the 35th parallel

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
You're probably gonna die if you go there, one way or another. Rental car will also be your casket FYI

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
hit up south beach some sexy ladies there

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
say hi to jon pop while you're down that way

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

opus111 posted:

Im thinking about a little solo holiday in miami. I will want to test my sexy british accent out at a few clubs on some HB6-7s while im there. Is it like nyc, all walkable, or will i need to drive about?
Hard Drive

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

opus111 posted:

Oh cool you're coming to america. I'll see you here I love you! :wave:

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Darth123123 posted:

hit up south beach some sexy ladies there

South beach is my plan. It looks so good.

El Boot
Mar 18, 2009

Thank Dog It's Friday

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

I looked on wikipedia and apparently theres a cycling initiative. Can you cycle along one of those bridge roads or will a rpidhead knock me down?

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive
Do not cycle

Everyone ubers everywhere. 95% of everything happens on either South Beach (touristy, $$$), Brickell (local, corporate, $$) or Wynwood (artsy, local, $$, Zika). Each is a 5 minute car ride from the other, and once in one of them you can walk around to most everything.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

opus111 posted:

I looked on wikipedia and apparently theres a cycling initiative. Can you cycle along one of those bridge roads or will a rpidhead knock me down?

Don't try this. Sure death is certain but not immediately. You still have many good years left in you if you are somewhat lucky and careful. Don't be a fool.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
have fun hooking up with a trans op

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

transit, that is. because you'll be needing transit to get around.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Miami? More like You'reami. :smuggo:

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

opus111 posted:

we have plenty of nice coastal area where you run less of a risk of getting stabbed and eaten by a hilljack.

the hilljacks in north/south carolina are very nice and their beaches are pretty.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Don't British people burst into flames when exposed to the sun?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

scott zoloft posted:

we have plenty of nice coastal area where you run less of a risk of getting stabbed and eaten by a hilljack.

the hilljacks in north/south carolina are very nice and their beaches are pretty.

No thorny plants in the woods either.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

physeter posted:

Do not cycle

Everyone ubers everywhere. 95% of everything happens on either South Beach (touristy, $$$), Brickell (local, corporate, $$) or Wynwood (artsy, local, $$, Zika). Each is a 5 minute car ride from the other, and once in one of them you can walk around to most everything.

Thanks for the info :cool:

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Don't British people burst into flames when exposed to the sun?

Pretty much, yeah.i'll have to go full burka.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Why do all the Brits want to go to Florida. People eat other peoples faces there. It's full of old people dying.

They don't even do MTV Spring Break there anymore. There is no reason. Go to some tropical island where the Brits still run everything. It'd probably be a lot cheaper too, considering.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I've lived in FL most of my life and have never seen any of the weird poo poo that gets a lot of attention. Of course I don't live in hosed up places like Fort Peirce (where most of the strangest stories come from). Miami is poo poo, drive straight through it and visit the Keys. You'd probably enjoy the wast coast more, like Siesta Key in Sarasota and you'd probably have more fun in Ybor City in Tampa than Miami.

I've run amok in Miami and had a bit of fun but not as much as The Keys or other places.

Want to try out that English accent? Go to Gainesville or Tallahassee and wow the college girls, you'll get laid your first night.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
why would i go to florida OP

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"hm yes out of all of the United States I think I will go to FLORIDA"

lmao

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
as soon as you step out of the airport and a wave of oppressive humidity hits you you'll think "gently caress GBS was right"

LurkBot
Jan 4, 2007
Something has gone horribly wrong.

Philthy posted:

Why do all the Brits want to go to Florida. People eat other peoples faces there. It's full of old people dying.

Survivor bias. Brits who go to nice regions don't willingly go back to Britain.

El Boot
Mar 18, 2009

Thank Dog It's Friday
All you need to know, really:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDl_4ekxlys

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
You need to rent a car. The public transit sucks.

GewuerzKahn
Jan 7, 2014

My opposable nipples are hurting me.
Just use Uber and visit a stripclub. Don't use public transit.
And talk with the driver about butts and tits while driving to the stripclub.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Philthy posted:

They don't even do MTV Spring Break there anymore. There is no reason. Go to some tropical island where the Brits still run everything. It'd probably be a lot cheaper too, considering.

Because we dont get proper beaches and stucco front art deco pastel beachfront houses with crockett and tubbs runni g about outside.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Moridin920 posted:

as soon as you step out of the airport and a wave of oppressive humidity hits you you'll think "gently caress GBS was right"

As a recent visitor to Florida, can confirm

Frank Serpico
Aug 8, 2005

Oh man, it's total gridlock!!
Only if you want the authentic "Miami Tourist Carjacking Experience™".

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Frank Serpico posted:

Only if you want the authentic "Miami Tourist Carjacking Experience™".

It's the best way to meet Rick Ross

Frank Serpico
Aug 8, 2005

Oh man, it's total gridlock!!

Booblord Zagats posted:

It's the best way to meet Rick Ross

Would that be Rick Ross or Freeway Rick Ross?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
yeah probably. rent a five liter mustang like i did and get the full vanilla ice experience

thomawesome
Jul 19, 2009
Come to Tampa/St. Pete. Orlando and Miami suck. Ybor City, Seminole Heights, and even downtown have a ton to do now. Also don't walk or ride a bike in Tampa either because you will get killed by a car or a crack head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
Jesus Christ Miami is a horrible place and a horrible city to drive in. Get rid of that idea immediately.

You want to go to Miami Beach. That's where everything good that you think is in Miami actually is. All the art deco hotels and poo poo are on Miami Beach. All of the nightlife is on Miami Beach. The loving beach is on Miami Beach. None of those things are in Miami.

The loving Dolphins aren't even in Miami.

Miami Beach is not Miami. Different city, different demographic, different corruption, different drugs, different everything. What you want to do is book your hotel in Miami Beach, fly into Miami International, get into a cab and go directly to your hotel. Enjoy the rest of your vacation and don't get into a car again until you have to go back to the airport.

• Locked thread