Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i'm talking about bare handed. you might have boots on if you're already wearing them.

they're coming at you all at once. how many dogs could you take out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Unless it's a really puny dog, like a toy chihuahua with leukemia, then maybe 1 or 1 1/2

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

a hole-y ghost posted:

Unless it's a really puny dog, like a toy chihuahua with leukemia, then maybe 1 or 1 1/2

i could probably take two of those, but it would be rough.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I had an old t-shirt I was going to throw out and decided to use it to play tug-of-war with my dog for fun.

She put me into a coffee table.

So zero I guess.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
3 probs assuming they're in pack behavior. More than that and you're going to get torn up by one before you can put one down for the count. If they're not on the same team its just luck of the draw depending on whether they decide to gently caress each other up or you first

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
10100 dogs.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
I mean I dont actually want to fight a dog. I love dogs. But if I had to, like for a charity to raise money for dogs

SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015
I don't want to beat up any dogs :(

I'll freakin destroy a bunch of kindergarteners though

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Like wild or domesticated?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Like wild or domesticated?

domesticated. and you are allowed to do stealth kills

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
i could stomp like 10 pugs

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mange Mite posted:

domesticated. and you are allowed to do stealth kills

Oh poo poo I'll sit there all day. Don't know what a stealth kill is? :shrug:

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
All of them. They don't call me Dog Fighting Randy just because of my jowls.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

satanic splash-back posted:

i'm talking about bare handed.

haha idiot i know marshall arts

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Parallax Scroll posted:

haha idiot i know marshall arts

I think Marshall Arts, would be a good name for a business that taught both Art, and karate, and was led by a sensei named Marshall.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What shoes do I have on?

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
What kinda dogs are we talking about here and can they go right to left as well, or only left to right?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Zero, but I could pet the Hell out of tons of dogs in a dog-petting contest

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
how many caucasian mountain dogs

quote:

The minimum height for males is 68 centimetres (27 in), with a desirable height between 72 and 75 centimetres (28 and 30 in). Males usually weigh between 60 kilograms (132 lb) and 100 kilograms (220 lb), while some large individuals may even reach 120 kg.[1]

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I want to think I could stomp in their spines but I'd probably fall over then I'm fuckin done

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Why would anyone want to beat up doggers?

http://i.imgur.com/KPwZkEu.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/WLdTl5c.gifv

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
2 dogs.

0 pit bulls.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Sorry but any adult could take any dog 1v1.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
50? I'm pretty fast, I think I could keep them chasing me until they were exhausted and then finish them off when they collapse. I'm also well hydrated and full right now, and it's hot so the dogsled dogs are hosed.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

I beat up a dog that attacked the dog I was walking but it was really weird because the mean dog would only attack the other dog, as soon as I separated them and had pinned the mean dog down it looked just like a regular old nice dog. Like it didn't acknowledge at all that I had pinned it down and was screaming at it, it was just panting lightly with that dumb "hi I'm a dog" look on his face but would get super aggressive at the other dog still.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dogmeat posted:

I beat up a dog that attacked the dog I was walking but it was really weird because the mean dog would only attack the other dog, as soon as I separated them and had pinned the mean dog down it looked just like a regular old nice dog. Like it didn't acknowledge at all that I had pinned it down and was screaming at it, it was just panting lightly with that dumb "hi I'm a dog" look on his face but would get super aggressive at the other dog still.

aggression towards other dogs doesn't necessarily mean it'll be aggressive to humans

they know the difference

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'd never hit a dog; they are mans best friends.

Unless it looked at me aggresively....then I would beat the ever loving gently caress out of it.

Dogs need to know who is boss or they turn into cats.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Moridin920 posted:

aggression towards other dogs doesn't necessarily mean it'll be aggressive to humans

they know the difference

Yeah it was pretty clear the mean dog knew enough not to gently caress with people. Kinda sad that a dumb loving dog has more discretion in the middle of a fight than many humans show.

Still, I'm white and the mean dog was a golden retriever and my dog was a black lab so I'm not going to rule out that it may have just been a lovely racist dog.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
I'm not Snake in Metal Gear 1, I don't go around punching dogs.

Dogs are cute and nice.

Gianthogweed fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 24, 2016

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
I used to work at a dog daycare center and would have to break up dog fights on the reg.

(this is probably going to read like a brag post, please don't observe it as such, I'm just talking about one of my old jobs.)

To set the stage, imagine a big warehouse room literally filled with over a hundred dogs at one time and being responsible for, not only cleaning up after all of them, but breaking up their near constant fights. A lot of people hear about this kind of job and say to themselves "Whee, dogs are fun!" but there's a lot more to it than just patting them on the head every half hour or so.

My coworkers would do horrifically awful things like scream and kick and punch the dogs for seemingly no reason all day long and I got the feeling I was the only one in the entire facility that understood how to properly interact with the animals (i.e. treat them like they have feelings). Here's a description of how I would handle the daily dog battles.

You have to start near the mouths (as dangerous as that may sound) and use your hands to pull their tangled jaws away from each other while being very careful to not get your fingers bitten. My most common trick would be to quickly tap on a shoulder as they were in a frenzied state to draw their attention away from one another and then grab them by the collar or hilt of the neck in the very next instant as they were snapping at my phantom advance.

The small dogs are incredibly easy to prevent from harming one another, just pick them both up at once and set one somewhere else and the fights over.

The mid size ones were moderately simple enough to handle, a stern voice and a gentle nudge away from the aggression would usually do the trick.

heres a video example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrFO4UkbATY

The problems arose with the larger more stout breeds (pit bulls and mastiffs etc.). When they start fighting, there's only a very small window of time to react before one will most likely tear the others throat out. The only thing I could do would be to simply grab both animals by their necks and hold them apart long enough for one of my coworkers to subdue either one. (I wouldn't recommend trying that if ever in a similar situation, as far as I could tell I was the only one that ever used that method. Not saying I was the only one capable of it, but I never understood why nobody else ever even attempted the technique. I wasn't even anything close to the biggest guy working there.) If a death grip had all ready been made on a body part, the safest solution would be a two fingered jab in the rib cage followed by one arm under the stomach, the other hand gripping the side of neck and a soft cradled landing of the animal to its side.

I was always quite adamant about never using excessive force. I got bit quite a few times (had to get stitches twice), but the dogs loved the poo poo out of me for not constantly verbally and physically abusing them and it made the job that much easier when I was working solo. Everyone else I worked with would just start wailing on them as if they were blood diamond slave children. You could barely call them men. The girls mostly just used spray bottles filled with water.

I grew to completely abhor everything about the occupation for the simple fact that all but a few of my co workers seemed to lack any modicum of work ethic. But the dogs were great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtBsVmDvj6E

I guess my point is that if I needed to, I could most likely slaughter an army of dogs with my bare hands. I just can't think of any reason why I would.

redm fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Aug 24, 2016

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Mate don't put your drat hands anywhere near the front half of a dog, get one person pulling each one away from the back then jam the flat bit at the end of an axe handle into the one holdings mouth and twist, its mouth pops open easy.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i could never harm a dog

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

Dogmeat posted:

Yeah it was pretty clear the mean dog knew enough not to gently caress with people. Kinda sad that a dumb loving dog has more discretion in the middle of a fight than many humans show.

Still, I'm white and the mean dog was a golden retriever and my dog was a black lab so I'm not going to rule out that it may have just been a lovely racist dog.

I had a piece of poo poo house mate one time that taught her dog to only bark and get aggressive at non-whites.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it would depend entirely on what kind of dogs are attacking but ill assume your avg largish sized attack dog so the answer would be like 1 or less

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Enfield posted:

i could never harm a dog

I have faith in you Enfield, one day you can if you really try.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Chromatic posted:

Why would anyone want to beat up doggers?

Me. loving assholes, I'm just trying to smoke weed in my car and now I got these fat bastards making the whole parking lot experience seriously uncool.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
I'm pretty sure I could just keep rolling over and crush as many dogs as you sent at me. Probably get dizzy or tired after like 15 minutes though, but that's still a lot of dogs.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

redm posted:

The only thing I could do would be to simply grab both animals by their necks and hold them apart long enough for one of my coworkers to subdue either one.

I have an Australian shepherd and a heeler that used to fight sometimes and this was the only way I could get them apart usually. It was extra lovely when no one else was home because I'd have to try to walk them over to the back door so I could shove one outside while still trying to hold them apart. They're not particularly big dogs but they are very strong, especially the shepherd. I only ever got bit once because my hand got in the way. It tore some of the muscle right below my pinky so I couldn't move it much for about a week but it was fine.

e: poo poo, uh, I could probably take two dogs if they're both wearing collars, I guess?

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Aug 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I've never been afraid of dogs thanks to :spergin:, and most of them that aren't barking behind a fence are cool with me.

Except rat dogs. Urgh.

• Locked thread