Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
All of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
do i get my cat as combat assistance cause we could prob take out a few tag teaming that poo poo

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Since you said I can wear my boots my boots have guns strapped to them 24/7

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

Regrettable posted:

I have an Australian shepherd and a heeler that used to fight sometimes and this was the only way I could get them apart usually. It was extra lovely when no one else was home because I'd have to try to walk them over to the back door so I could shove one outside while still trying to hold them apart. They're not particularly big dogs but they are very strong, especially the shepherd. I only ever got bit once because my hand got in the way. It tore some of the muscle right below my pinky so I couldn't move it much for about a week but it was fine.

My brother has this combination of dogs and it's crazy how quick they go from sleeping in the same bed all cuddled up and cute to dragging each other around the house. The weirdest thing is that the instant someone breaks up the fight, they go to being best pals again. I've seen them get into a tussle, throw each other around, and then as soon as they can get together again, they're literally licking each other's wounds.

A Stupid Baby posted:

3 probs assuming they're in pack behavior. More than that and you're going to get torn up by one before you can put one down for the count. If they're not on the same team its just luck of the draw depending on whether they decide to gently caress each other up or you first

I was dogsitting the same two dogs once and they woke me up in the middle of the night to go outside. I assumed they had to go to the bathroom, but when I let them out, there was a good sized coyote in the yard, and they sprinted over, cornered him against the wall, and killed him in a matter of minutes. They blocked him off and feinted attacks until he jumped forward enough for the smaller one to grab his jaw in her mouth, and the bigger dog grabbed him by the neck, tried twice to snap it, and that didn't work, she just pulled his throat out. All of that happened in the time it took for me to grab the house, turn the water on, and run over to try and spray them.

Before seeing that, I'd always understood that some dogs can be dangerous (I sometimes jog in a fairly wooded city park and have strays take interest in me), but I'd never realized just how efficiently the can team up to attack. After that, I'd say the average person might have trouble fighting even two medium sized or larger dogs, and I'd be scared if I ran into three stray dogs while jogging.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Yeah, if a dog is legit pissed at you as in "I'm going to kill your rear end", those bites are no joke.

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
>use bag of holding

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

redm posted:

breaking up their near constant fights.

My coworkers would do horrifically awful things like scream and kick and punch the dogs for seemingly no reason all day long and I got the feeling I was the only one in the entire facility that understood how to properly interact with the animals (i.e. treat them like they have feelings).

hmm

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
if they're not trained probably two

if it's a trained attack dog I would probably kill it eventually but also maybe die from blood loss since it would tear big chunks out of my legs in all likelihood

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
am i amped on PCP in this scenario or no

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Iron Prince posted:

am i amped on PCP in this scenario or no

nah

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
remember that movie "White Dog"? it was about a racist white dog that eated black folks. pretty messed up imo

epileptic_ev
Aug 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

just ray posted:

>use bag of holding

#cast transmogrify roach

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

I'd walk towards them rapidly punching at dog face height and probably take out five before exhaustion claimed my life

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
What about improvised weapons? Like a large nearby rock?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

dads_work_files posted:

I'd walk towards them rapidly punching at dog face height and probably take out five before exhaustion claimed my life

if they get past your punch range hit jump and they will run under you and you can bounce on thier head they will start blinking and dissapear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epileptic_ev
Aug 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
y wuld u want to fight a dog u ppl r dumb

• Locked thread