Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Man this game is crashing a whole lot for me.
But when I do get into a stable game nothing stops me from accidentally team killing more people than I can kill on the enemy team, I guess I'm just not used to the way attacking works yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If in doubt, throw more men at it!
Game is a whole lot better once you get access to tier 2 armor / weapons, feel like I don't die instantly now.

Just like cRPG all over again, now wheres those throwing axes at?

Cowstomper
Oct 16, 2005

Dr. Video Games 0155 posted:

Game is a whole lot better once you get access to tier 2 armor / weapons, feel like I don't die instantly now.

Just like cRPG all over again, now wheres those throwing axes at?

Throwing weapons are on the far end of the dev roadmap.

Trampy Vampy
Mar 21, 2008

It don't mean a thing,
If it ain't got that swing.
Any favourite weapons yet for anyone? Of the starters, I think I like the 1h axe the best, mostly for its speed. The short reach is also kinda a bonus in clusterfuck situations. I started out with the polearm since I liked those best in M&B/Chivalry, but I can't get used to its timing in OKAM. The 2h swords seem like they might be good too.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Skoll posted:

With two handers and polearms, thats your parry. With shields its another block, and with bows it readies an arrow.

Ah thanks.

Also I now have the Glaive, and my ability to TK everyone around has increased tenfold. I swear that swings starts at your back and goes ten feet to your side.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Bondematt posted:

Ah thanks.

Also I now have the Glaive, and my ability to TK everyone around has increased tenfold. I swear that swings starts at your back and goes ten feet to your side.

For the long pole arms its best to fight on the edges of the battle, hopefully away from teammates. Actually it's probably best to always fight on the edges of battle, but then you may not be helping with the objective.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
PSA : Dont be afraid to fight multiple enemies. Getting right into the thick of it works better for you because everyone will glance off of each other and damage their team mates trying to hit you. Just weave and practice your footwork and you WILL be a royal pain in the rear end until someone finally takes you out.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
They really need to add a pike.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Skoll posted:

With two handers and polearms, thats your parry. With shields its another block, and with bows it readies an arrow.

Just to expand on this a bit, the RMB for the 2H sword is a parry counterattack. If you parry an attack with it properly, DO NOT PRESS LMB. You will automatically counterattack at an increased speed. With shields its another type of block, but I find that using LMB to block is a LOT more safer. RMB blocks seems to have... issues sometimes. It is best to just do your normal LMB block and let your shield protect you against attacks you fail to properly block.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I went 90-20 earlier today using a long sword. Got it on video. I really need to up this quality...

https://www.twitch.tv/eggplantwizard_/v/86272385

Now I've been using a 1 handed sword with no shield. It's a bit more challenging, but its definitely viable.

Edit: According to this thread, there will be 4 kingdoms in the Epic when it starts on Wednesday. My current plan is to join "Dynasty," and hopefully other goons will do the same. Even if we aren't directly in the same clans or whatever, we should be able to help eachother out if we're in the same Kingdom.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Aug 29, 2016

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

VulgarandStupid posted:

I went 90-20 earlier today using a long sword. Got it on video. I really need to up this quality...

https://www.twitch.tv/eggplantwizard_/v/86272385

Now I've been using a 1 handed sword with no shield. It's a bit more challenging, but its definitely viable.

Edit: According to this thread, there will be 4 kingdoms in the Epic when it starts on Wednesday. My current plan is to join "Dynasty," and hopefully other goons will do the same. Even if we aren't directly in the same clans or whatever, we should be able to help eachother out if we're in the same Kingdom.

Destiny it is! as #BabyinDryer

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

VulgarandStupid posted:

My current plan is to join "Dynasty," and hopefully other goons will do the same. Even if we aren't directly in the same clans or whatever, we should be able to help eachother out if we're in the same Kingdom.

I think we're going to wait and see exactly what the pros and cons are to each faction before joining one just because one other guy plans to.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Destiny has the coolest name it means like were supposed to. Mr.doesnt speak for me

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I mean if you two wanna hold each others dicks, go for it.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Skoll posted:

I mean if you two wanna hold each others dicks, go for it.

:fap: But I like holding each other dicks. Ya, gonna wait for it to actually release to see if there is any benefit to poo poo. Be smart, troll smart, goon hard.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I hope they never change the chat. Talking the most absurd wild poo poo on there brings me a lot of joy.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Blacktoll posted:

I hope they never change the chat. Talking the most absurd wild poo poo on there brings me a lot of joy.

The racism kind of gets on my nerves cause its non stop.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
This game looks like a worse version of Mount and Blade.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

SweetBro posted:

This game looks like a worse version of Mount and Blade.

GOOD NEWS its not!

Sgriosadair
Jan 4, 2013

SOINVLKSEQYTNVKDVI
PDENVOVMSLGVNVKOU
OIHGJHKHLVNOWOPJT

Junkie Disease posted:

GOOD NEWS its not!

Very true. It's better even with how little is currently in the game.

If you haven't watched their announcement trailer.. you should.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Dead Like Rev posted:

The racism kind of gets on my nerves cause its non stop.

Gotta let it wash over you. Take it for what it is (horrendous) and enjoy the perpetual meltdowns that occur.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

There's a streamer who plays on NA East called Oryg1n who gets super mad any time he dies, especially when he gets tk'd. Massive meltdowns.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

BurtLington posted:

There's a streamer who plays on NA East called Oryg1n who gets super mad any time he dies, especially when he gets tk'd. Massive meltdowns.

Yeah, I saw that dude. Never stops bitching. It's a wonder he can get a non-zero K/D with all the time he spends spamming chat.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Skoll posted:

I think we're going to wait and see exactly what the pros and cons are to each faction before joining one just because one other guy plans to.

I don't think there are any pros or cons of any of the factions, I think they are literally just names right now.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...
What are all the faction names? I missed where they were discussed

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

rage-saq posted:

What are all the faction names? I missed where they were discussed

http://forum.ofkingsandmen.net/index.php?topic=1150.0

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Yeah I didn't see them either, were they mentioned in their discord or something?

Edit: ok they all sound lame.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
No Caliphate? loving racists.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

^^^ Inshallah we will make it an Imperial Caliphate.

Well. Gotta be Imperial because that sounds p. cool compared to the rest.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Blacktoll posted:

^^^ Inshallah we will make it an Imperial Caliphate.

Well. Gotta be Imperial because that sounds p. cool compared to the rest.

I dunno, I think all the spergs are gonna join Empire.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

A good and valid opinion. Maybe the best route is to pick the smallest faction. I'm gonna call my army (if possible) "Peasant Rebellion" and field the lowest quality troops possible.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

BurtLington posted:

I dunno, I think all the spergs are gonna join Empire.

Yes I have a feeling that is what all of the 16 year old Kylo Rens of the world will do.

Blacktoll posted:

A good and valid opinion. Maybe the best route is to pick the smallest faction. I'm gonna call my army (if possible) "Peasant Rebellion" and field the lowest quality troops possible.

I don't think anyone really knows what to expect and it will be a learning experience for everyone. That said the first 2 lines of the epic breakdown that chadz wrote was they will start with the most important thing which is big battles and then add every bring else in afterwards, so I wouldn't be surprised if we all got free and well armed armies for free this season.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

You know if our equipment will carry over from the other game modes?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

War Scythe is great. Better than Glaive IMO, which has too slow an attack speed and almost too wide a swing if there is such a thing.

I can kill most people just circling them. The only ones I really have consistent issues with are other scythes and 2h swords. 2h sword almost seems better.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ruggan posted:

War Scythe is great. Better than Glaive IMO, which has too slow an attack speed and almost too wide a swing if there is such a thing.

I can kill most people just circling them. The only ones I really have consistent issues with are other scythes and 2h swords. 2h sword almost seems better.

Congrats, you have discovered the Pubbie Reaper.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Ruggan posted:

Funny, as a shameless 2h spammer, I usually struggle the most against polearm users.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

This is easily the best Running with a Blunt Object While Screaming Simulator I've ever played, and I've played Chivalry.

Needs longer, more varied screaming.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

Quicksilver6 posted:

This is easily the best Running with a Blunt Object While Screaming Simulator I've ever played, and I've played Chivalry.

Needs longer, more varied screaming.

There needs to be a multi branch progression tree for yelling, one for longer more elaborate yells and one for short intense yells with fast cooldown.
GOTY material here

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Trip report: Cocked hat thrusting sword, hilarious to say, not actually that good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

VulgarandStupid posted:

Trip report: Cocked hat thrusting sword, hilarious to say, not actually that good.

The crescent thrusting sword is more of the same. It's got decent reach for a 1h and is pretty fast and it murders peasants in padded armor pretty great but just sucks against anyone with armor.
After I unlocked the crescent I decided gently caress it and going to go down the hand and a half line.

• Locked thread