Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Can you feature my video of me ending a match with 76 kills? I need people to know how good I am.

rage-saq posted:

If you wanted a second coming of CRPG then this will not disappoint. A+ would internet swords again and accidentally (mostly) tk.

Also, gently caress peasants.

Are you FLK Saq?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Nalin posted:

Yes, we are using FLJK currently (Feudal Like Joffrey K).

SAQ TKed the gently caress out of me. I probably called him poo poo a few times, I'm WEEDBABYGOKU420 and this is my video.

https://www.twitch.tv/eggplantwizard_/v/84410854

The first couple minutes are a bit rough and include me alt tabbing while waiting for a round to end because I couldn't spawn. Its probably best to skip to about 1/3rd in. And unfortunately the in game text is so small you can't read any of it in the video.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Aug 25, 2016

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I set up a Steam Group, for I don't know what purpose.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/goonsandmen/

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

kikkelivelho posted:

Is there a list somewhere on what features and content the early access version includes? I really like the combat when I played the alpha but if they still only have that king of the hill mode then I think I'll wait.

They still only have conquest and duel.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

You may as well take the drop box link/section out as its Steam EA only. Maybe include links for Humble or GMG to save a few bucks.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I dunno man for me it's pretty easy to top the score board, but if you're not used to games like this it takes some training. Unfortunately the training mode with bots is gone right now. The easiest way to block is just to follow the hands, what's where the strike will come from.

Most of the weapons are good, especially the starting axe. One handed animations are crazy OP right now, and the shields are still getting free blocks. The shields can even block and still complete their attack under certain conditions. The two handed club is the worst starting weapon for sure. The small axe will two hit most everyone and the pole axe is capable of one hit kills. Two handed weapons currently have the worst animations, but all of the hand and a half swords are messed up and doing one handed mode, which is crazy over powered.

Right now I think movement and attack speed are the best stat dumps.

The thing that is annoying me the most right now is I'm an east coaster and I want to play with my West Coast buddies but it keeps putting us on different servers.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

https://www.twitch.tv/eggplantwizard_/v/85710867

One hands swords are probably overpowered. Sorry for the alt tabbing stuff towards the end.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

You can get away with a lot on the OKAM forums. I make awful posts their constantly. I told some guy who was asking for shield buffs that he was poo poo at both crpg and OKAM, and that he had no concept of balance.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I think movement speed is more useful than attack speed. With good foot work you can make your attack hit sooner than your opponents. You can also control group fights more, get ganks, and have a better chance to run down archers. You can even move away from a swing to take less damage. However, you'll probably end up with both since they made subsequent levels of stat investment cost more.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Bondematt posted:

Ah thanks.

Also I now have the Glaive, and my ability to TK everyone around has increased tenfold. I swear that swings starts at your back and goes ten feet to your side.

For the long pole arms its best to fight on the edges of the battle, hopefully away from teammates. Actually it's probably best to always fight on the edges of battle, but then you may not be helping with the objective.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I went 90-20 earlier today using a long sword. Got it on video. I really need to up this quality...

https://www.twitch.tv/eggplantwizard_/v/86272385

Now I've been using a 1 handed sword with no shield. It's a bit more challenging, but its definitely viable.

Edit: According to this thread, there will be 4 kingdoms in the Epic when it starts on Wednesday. My current plan is to join "Dynasty," and hopefully other goons will do the same. Even if we aren't directly in the same clans or whatever, we should be able to help eachother out if we're in the same Kingdom.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Aug 29, 2016

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Skoll posted:

I think we're going to wait and see exactly what the pros and cons are to each faction before joining one just because one other guy plans to.

I don't think there are any pros or cons of any of the factions, I think they are literally just names right now.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

rage-saq posted:

What are all the faction names? I missed where they were discussed

http://forum.ofkingsandmen.net/index.php?topic=1150.0

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

BurtLington posted:

I dunno, I think all the spergs are gonna join Empire.

Yes I have a feeling that is what all of the 16 year old Kylo Rens of the world will do.

Blacktoll posted:

A good and valid opinion. Maybe the best route is to pick the smallest faction. I'm gonna call my army (if possible) "Peasant Rebellion" and field the lowest quality troops possible.

I don't think anyone really knows what to expect and it will be a learning experience for everyone. That said the first 2 lines of the epic breakdown that chadz wrote was they will start with the most important thing which is big battles and then add every bring else in afterwards, so I wouldn't be surprised if we all got free and well armed armies for free this season.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Trip report: Cocked hat thrusting sword, hilarious to say, not actually that good.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Yea, I'm still going Duck Dynasty because it will probably get the least horrible distribution of nerds. Anyone is welcome to join me.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Junkie Disease posted:

Sold stranger, I wanna kill Kylo Ren not be Kylo's friend.

Word. I'm WEEDBABYGOKU420 on Steam/OKAM and I have a discord here: https://discord.gg/q2xFCYd

Some of the other goons who were my crpg buddies and other crpg buddies will be joining me.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Freakazoid_ posted:

I wanted to get into cRPG/strategus but by the time I was interested it seemed goons abandoned it due to terrible balance decisions.

Are there any assurances they aren't going to repeat the same mistakes? Archery being bad and two-handers being good sounds awfully familiar.

Honestly two handed isn't as good as everyone is making it out to be. Currently the head armor armor values are abysmally low because layering isn't in yet and on top of that there is a head damage multiplier. One hand and pole arm animations mostly start at head level and can hook the head with the starting frames of the animation for massive damage. Two handed animations begin at waist level, and their damage levels are lower than pole arms. I think the biggest issue is all of the better players from crpg naturally gravitate towards two handers because they were the best. On the flip side to that all of the Native Warband, who mostly played campaign or mods, usually go with shielders, get their shield stun locked because they aren't blocking properly and get killed. Then they complain about it. I think shielders are actually the strongest class right now, but you have to block properly. I always see Hospitaller Dan using a sword and shield and absolutely dominating. I have dominated the server with any weapon class, they all feel pretty good to me but there are definitely good and bad weapons in each. Anyway, this is coming from a guy who played crpg for years, even after pretty much all the goons left and I was at least good enough to have something nerfed because of me.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Popete posted:

As someone who payed $22 for this. I demand they work on Epic until a blood clot forces them to have their hand amputated.

I need my $16.14 back.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Popete posted:

So whats the deal with armour? Should I wear a piece in every layer? Is there a weight component that will slow me down?

It seems that it doesn't weigh you down all that much. I have 107.5% movement speed and there are some people I can't catch while in relatively heavy armor. I don't imagine most people most people have more movement speed than me, so armor definitely affects movement speed. But, overall it seems worth it to go heavy.

People in Knightly Coat of Plates are hard to kill, unless you headshot them.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I guess my twitch video in the OP got deleted because twitch will only save so many past broadcasts, no matter how many views they had. This isn't the same video, but its a good one to replace it with, now stored on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCjqkItFL8A

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Honestly, the more I hear about Epic the more I'm ready to be disappointed. First of all, funneling all battles into a 4 hour window is too restrictive. The US has 3 major time zones, so it can be really inconvenient. For me I go to the gym almost every night usually for 2-2.5 hours, with travel, showering and making/eating food, that can end up being almost 4 hours. I understand and actually recommended the battle time funneling for Strategus after the EUs kept attaching on the NA server at like 2pm EST, but 4 hours is too little, 8 would probably be better. We have no idea what player count looks like but if OKAM is larger than crpg, 4 hours wouldn't be long enough for battles anyway. The next thing is 2 commands per day. That's fine and all, but the general understanding is no one is going to make the early morning command from their computer and game client. We would need a web interface or smart phone app. Currently in the hex map, having six players on one tile will block all other players, including your own kingdom. If the devs want 5000 people playing, the rule needs to change because that's 1250 players spawning on the same role, per kingdom.

The worst part yet is we still don't really know what to expect or even when it will launch.

Also I missed the NA dueling tournament but I'm pretty appalled that shields and the war scythe were allowed.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

This game's population is leaving pretty quickly. I don't think I've seen more than 40v40 in a while.

On the plus side, I'm famous.
http://forum.ofkingsandmen.net/index.php?topic=1805.0

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Nalin posted:

Wow why's that guy gotta be so rude to you?

Today I've been having fun tag-team trolling dudes with Skoll on the official forums. Lots of thin skins there.

I still enjoy the game, but without 75v75 battles, the rate of XP you get has drastically dropped. It's becoming a chore to unlock things now. And I've just hit my first thrusting sword :suicide:

I unlocked the knightly lobed sword yesterday... It's worse than the boat sword. Congrats you wasted your time using awful weapons!

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Nalin posted:

I mean, do I just let the XP go to waste and use a decent 1H sword, or do I use these lovely thrusting swords to unlock more terrible thrusting swords? What a dilemma.

It's why I suggested allowing earlier tier equipment let you gain XP for stuff further down the line when I was stuck using the Godenaks in the axe tree. I would have loved to use the Small Axe or Hatchet the entire time to unlock the Flanged Mace.

I dunno, but using the thrusting swords made me have a worse KDR and therefore the game less fun for me.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Nalin posted:

Thrusting swords have all their damage in stabbing, and you will often just stab through people for no damage. It is stupid.

Yes, so avoid wasting 300k+ of grinding awful weapons just to unlock a weapon worse than what you already have. Unless you want to ruin your enjoyment.

Anyway they rolled out a new patch hopefully giving us more head armor as well as vote kicks and some balances, but the servers are having issues.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

4:20 chadz confirmed stoner

quote:

chadz - Today at 4:20 PM
@everyone CHANGELOG - 1.5.0

-skirmish: beta version
-skirmish map "Refuge", "Outlook", "Encampment"
-conquest map "lowlands" added
-conquest map "castle" temporarily removed
-fixed scrollwheel exploit
-added animation on weapon switch
-muting players in chat
-voting for kick/ban/mute (click on player in scoreboard)
-improved stability

-added world details to the epic
-the epic fog of war
-the epic inverted mouse buttons
-the epic necessary infrastructure changes for the upcoming release

They finally put in real head armor values, so all of the archers are crying because they won't get 1 shot headshots now.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Skoll posted:

Their patch notes still suck...

And I don't understand all the archer hate from this poo poo rear end community. It's not easy being good with one so they actively punish the people who are because "zomg someone who can aim killed me, can't have that.".

Being one shot killed at the beginning of the round from someone you can't see because the map design is really bad is pretty discouraging especially in the round where you only get one spawn.

Or an archer instant pulls his axe because he heard you come up on him, does the overly fast 180 swing on you for half health and then follows up with the second swing that kills you or runs away and kites you. I don't think it's not understandable at all, but the kiting thing was a huge issue in crpg. In this day and age if you can exploit something, it will be exploited. IE the JackBaldy saga.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Sep 15, 2016

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

You also can't swap flag caps for exp anymore. Oh well.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Skoll posted:

I like how we spend weeks telling them their grind is a loving problem.. So they respond by making it even shittier.

Well to be fair, when they made that adjustment they started giving you 100 per round even if you lost. They also shortened cap time which makes conquest much more competitive.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Colonial Air Force posted:

Isn't the real issue with the grind that many of the low tier poo poo is better than the high tier poo poo?

The armor is essentially linear, but yea the weapon trees are a mess. Some are like 7 items deep in the 1h category and all the two hand and pole arms are like 4 items deep at most. The progression is all kids of random, so sometimes better are weapons are gated behind worse weapons but its often backwards as well. They don't seem to have a vision for what each weapon should be, its almost like they made models for no reason.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Nalin posted:

One nice thing is that they've been doing practically daily updates in this thread:
http://forum.ofkingsandmen.net/index.php?topic=1783.0

Looks like parties is almost completed, which is nice.

So we can form a group of 5 to fight the other 5 guys still playing?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Basically they tried to enable features that would put the basic combat on par with Warband but they either didn't work or caused a lot of issues. They seem to be addressing all kinds of things that aren't fixing combat and yet still won't add depth or fun to the game. Also they haven't patched in over a month, so there is no population. Their solution to this was setting up new nightly opt-in beta builds to further split what's left of the population just to show they are in fact working on things. However, nothing they've done is worthy of a real patch, even though all of EA should be considered a beta anyway and there's nothing they can break that will hurt the population any more.

What I'm saying is, if you're thinking of buying this, don't, you'll have no one to play with. If you've already bought it, try to get a refund.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

They haven't updated anything in 6 weeks, outside of their nightly test builds. I haven't tried any of them yet because there's no one playing. But you have to understand that this dev team was trying to start to balance weapon stats while having helmets that had barely any armor value because they still had arbitrary place holder values. I yelled at them to change the helmets before adjusting any more weapons because if anything hit your head you could die in one hit anyway. Mind you this was after they attempted to adjust the three most OP weapons, which they did with an incredibly soft touch, so they're still OP and kill you in the same amount of hits. So they actually have helmets reasonable armor in the last patch and haven't done anything since.

I actually believe that they wrote their damage formulae without actually understanding the math behind them. I mean, in open alpha, the version they launched before a big European gaming convention, they messed up something and the value of armor you were wearing was actually applied to your opponent. Naked dudes were wrecking everyone. Took them a couple of weeks to catch this and fix it.

Now, they keep posting stuff they are working on but haven't implemented yet. It's mostly things like new dirt textures and tree meshes...

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

So most of what they did is a straight up improvement. However, they redid the stats system, and gave everyone a ton of points. I have a ton of movement speed and a little health, I just run around and gank everyone.

I think the end result is we get the same amount of total points as before, but since you just start with so little in each stat, you can make super specialized builds, like in CRPG.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

So they toned down some of the stats, mostly Movement speed, but also reduced the Skill points so you can't max everything out. Characters had their stats uninvested.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Popete posted:

Hmmmm, seems like making endless minor stat tweaks and adding new hats is not a good substitute for actual game play content.

I'm very happy I quickly realized this game was nothing more than a M&B Warlords clone with less substance and got my Steam refund.

I mean they constantly hosed up adding new items to their mod. New items they didn't have to create, just assign stats to and apparently name the files correctly.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

So the website has named the new lead developer for this game and conversely he has started posting on the OKAM forums. Looks like we're off to a good start!

http://forum.ofkingsandmen.net/index.php?topic=783.0

And here's the rest of his post history:

http://forum.ofkingsandmen.net/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=252

Edit: Actually, this is a lot less funny now that I realized they're old posts..

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Feb 10, 2017

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Glenn Quebec posted:

Lmao look at this sick update for this garbage fire game:

Added a team chat (default T).
Added a sprint toggle option (Game Options - Controls)
Added an opponents amount option in Practice.
Added an option to spawn automatically on Conquest and Duel.
Changed a number of votes needed for a public vote.
Added grasslands map.

Hell yeah team chat. What's it been 6 months?

It's pretty amazing that the original devs were so delusional that they couldn't understand that most of these should be day one features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

It's pretty much dead. Occasionally I'll get an invite to an "event" which means people spamming Steam in an effort to actually get people on.

So basically the same as OKAM.

• Locked thread