Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
THeres definitly multiplayer but our game is so big the chances of running into another player are so infinitesimally small you might as well not try, but its possible!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
This was supposed to be my N0. 1 get high and fly through space while being amazed by the colors game ! But they had to gently caress that up with their dumb constant&annoying inventory management :argh:

Glad I didn't get it and I piss down the creators throat !

P.S. not surprised that the OP would make bad decisions considering his ethnic background

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
Preordering Streer Fighter V has taught me the most valuable life lesson I could have hoped for. Thank you Capcom.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I am 100% certain I will buy civ 6. I will not preorder it though, as I am not a jackass.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
No mam's, lad.

Because gamers are virgins.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Fallows posted:

THeres definitly multiplayer but our game is so big the chances of running into another player are so infinitesimally small you might as well not try, but its possible!!
2 guys tracked each other down so they could meet in game and see what happens but it turned out the game isnt really multiplayer and they couldnt see each other

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

im glad this game turned out lovely

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Geirskogul posted:

Oh, I really like the witcher 3, so maybe I'll get the expansions. I did not know that. I thought it was more like assassin's creed where there were permanently locked animus chapters that required real money, and some were tied to real life events that ended, making the game impossible to 100%.

gently caress you, Ubisoft. Thanks for poisoning the well.

you absolutely should get the witcher 3 dlc. both are amazing

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
first of all, its not literally the worst decision i ever made. that would be a hard choice to choose from, ITS CALLED EXAGGERATION.

second of all, i stand by that this game is piss

pisssssssssssssssss

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Decebal posted:

This was supposed to be my N0. 1 get high and fly through space while being amazed by the colors game ! But they had to gently caress that up with their dumb constant&annoying inventory management :argh:

Nah, ye can probably already download a hundred different inventory mods from steam workshops that will remove all limits. It's still not going to be fun.

There is simply no gameplay there, the whole game design is flawed all the way to the core. I'm a pants making GBS threads retard that knows nothing about nothing and even I know enough about game design to know that.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Why did anybody think this game was going to be good? It looks boring in every demo they showed.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Nooner posted:

I got some serious as gently caress opinions on video games... and its ...

THEY ARE loving GOOD AS HECK!!!!!!! :c00lbert:

Lol

You said it, Nooner! :classiclol:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
no man's piss poo poo

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Pon de Bundy posted:

first of all, its not literally the worst decision i ever made. that would be a hard choice to choose from, ITS CALLED EXAGGERATION.

second of all, i stand by that this game is piss

pisssssssssssssssss

Have you been living under a rock for three years or something? None of these Minecraft clones has ever been good.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I enjoy it an hour at a time. It's super chill so far. I'm on a planet that looks like the cascade range and I'm pretending I'm on the Oregon trail. There is no game and there is no point, but if you resign yourself to that, it's like watching an interactive lava lamp

Stuffguyman
Jun 3, 2007

Flesh Forge posted:

Why did anybody think this game was going to be good? It looks boring in every demo they showed.

Hey man, like, imagine a game that's like, so chill, that, get this... you don't even feel like playing it. :2bong:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Stuffguyman posted:

Hey man, like, imagine a game that's like, so chill, that, get this... you don't even feel like playing it. :2bong:

It's a 60 dollar aquarium

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
no mans sky sucks insane major rear end in a top hat from beginning, minute one, to the end, minute 5, in which you have seen the entirety of what the game can offer.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
I preordered it when the hype train was off the rails and there was talk of multiplayer space piracy and poo poo, but returned my preorder the day before it came out when the consensus was that it was boring trash.

Also, Fallout 4 wasn't bad. It wasn't great either, but like all Bethesda games it's all about mods.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
My biggest buyers regret will still always be Hellgate: London.

The premise for that game was just so great, and being such a Diablo addict at the time I blind bought it at release without even considering that it could be bad.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

I was banned from the Zaphod42 Safe Space NMS thread in Games, can someone tell him to come here so i can shove my piss and poo poo down this throat, which he will enjoy, since he loves no mans sky so much.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
I don't know why so many people are pissed about it. It's super chill and very casual. It's not a "play for 60 hours and then put it down because you beat it", thing.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I was banned from the Zaphod42 Safe Space NMS thread in Games, can someone tell him to come here so i can shove my piss and poo poo down this throat, which he will enjoy, since he loves no mans sky so much.

Scrub level posting Whatley!

Talking to Zaphod is a great way to get nowhere. You have to mock what he loves and then never respond to him in any way when he fires back. Drives him nuts.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

Scrub level posting Whatley!

Talking to Zaphod is a great way to get nowhere. You have to mock what he loves and then never respond to him in any way when he fires back. Drives him nuts.

fkkkkkkk, i have so much to learn

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

its like a twilight zone episode where the devil gives you magic jet that that will take you anywhere in the universe

but then you start flying to cool places and realize its all cardboard cutouts and everything is just entire planetary systems full of the same cutouts

and you sit there on a cardboard cutout of a dinosaur, eating cardboard and looking at the cardboard sun and all the cardboard planets and you just want to go where things are real again

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Rape Stink posted:

I preordered it when the hype train was off the rails and there was talk of multiplayer space piracy and poo poo, but returned my preorder the day before it came out when the consensus was that it was boring trash.

Also, Fallout 4 wasn't bad. It wasn't great either, but like all Bethesda games it's all about mods.

Honest question: why did you think an overworked Indy studio would spend insane amounts of resources to implement a multiplayer mode that would never be used?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

thathonkey posted:

are there any good new games or do they all suck

Stardew Valley is fun

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
How wude to criticize No Man's Sky! It's meesa favorite a game!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I had no man's sky in my GOG.com cart, finger hovering over the "purchase now" button when I actually read the reviews and learned the PC version was broken. I decided to wait until it was patched and in the meantime I learned that even when the game works it's boring and stupid.

I really dodged a bullet.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
I pre ordered XCOM 2 and it is pretty great. You should pre order only good games.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
When I first saw no man sky I figured it was going to fail to deliver on most of its promises and from what it looks like that's not too far off. Everything I've seen makes it look really shallow and repetitive. I mean, I wasn't really interested in it to begin with, but it seems like backlash against it is pretty common and deserved.

Although, I don't know why you'd believe someone promising such an ambitious project. I don't usually preorder stuff, or buy day one, but when I do it's stuff that I've been following or have an interest in. Also, the devs usually have to have some recent, concrete proof that they won't just churn out a piece of poo poo.

Also, echoing this sentiment:

opus111 posted:

Witcher3 dlc are legit insane good.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
lol the Games thread just got locked by a mod.

Always the sign of a quality title.

VVV e: It's a good game VVV

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I bought Kingdom: New Lands and am having the time of my life.

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Learn about this great man on mormon.org
I pre ordered warhammer total war and it was good.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

lmao zaphod gonna get banned.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

lmao zaphod gonna get banned.

Don't tease me.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

Don't tease me.

praying 2 god he is part of the incoming "Smackdown" by our sainted Mods of Games

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

lol the Games thread just got locked by a mod.

Always the sign of a quality title.

I saw people arguing in the thread about it and that Zaphod guy basically has said that people were expecting an "impossible game." If I recall correctly, the developers basically promised a hugely complex product. While the players' unrealistic expectations are part of the problem, so too are the devs promising so much and, apparently, failing to deliver.

Triggered posted:

I pre ordered warhammer total war and it was good.

I got a voucher on it and had some extra cash so I did too. It's pretty fun, but I would rather have a pike and shot era game than that. Draw inspiration from Shogun, poach some features from other games whenever possible, and maybe open up huge chunks of the globe. Also, the factions in warhammer total war could've used more units on release, but then there would be no DLC for it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Warhammer: Total War turned out to be a real good game but preordering it was still risky business!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Learn about this great man on mormon.org
Nah apart from Rome 2, i have pretty much enjoyed every total war game since shogun. I was worried it might be a bit broken on release but they would fix it eventually. Turned out to be one of their most successful releases.

• Locked thread