Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Gresham is absolutely not #10, that's insane.

Also Zeitler's option was already picked up, this is his fifth year.

No Irish Need Imply fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Aug 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jaguars:

:smithicide:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Jermaine Gresham may not be their worst pick in terms of on field production but he is their worst pick in my heart, which is where it counts.

E: And I mean honestly the dude's attitude was so bad (ALLEGEDLY) that the coaching staff basically wanted him gone because they thought he was milking injuries so he didn't have to play. Which is probably bullshit, yeah, but there's a reason dude's nickname was The Villain while he was here. Coulda been Dez.......

Bismack Billabongo fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Aug 28, 2016

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

R.D. Mangles posted:

the bears got outdrafted by the browns

they have the worst first round drafting of any team this century. it's incredible.the raiders were worse than the browns until the last few years

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Brannock posted:

Hall of Fame:
Aaron Rodgers (2005, #24 QB) Fellow NFC North fans, I want you to imagine for a brief moment a scenario where in 2008 the Packers decide to keep Favre for another three years and let Rodgers leave in free agency.
My dad is a Bears fan, so before the Panthers I was also a Bears fan. I was 5 when they won the Super Bowl so I don't remember much about that but I do know he hated that Green Bay got two HOF QBs in a row.

If GB let Rodgers go in free agency in 2008, here are the best QBs drafted in 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011 just because.

2008: Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco are drafted in the 1st Rd, but GB does not have any 1st Rd draft picks so waah waaah. Chad Henne is available in the second round, but GB picked Brian Bohme instead one pick before Henne went to the Dolphins..
2009: Matthew Stafford and Mark Sanchez :laffo: are drafted before GB gets a pick. GB has not picked 1st at any time since the 1970 merger, so they don't get a chance at Stafford, who was good.
2010: Sam Bradford and Tim Tebow are the gems of this draft. Bradford taken first so GB won't get him.
2011: Cam Newton leads the draft class of .... well Andy Dalton is good. Kaepernick had a great season and then not so much. Since GB has not had the #1 pick they do not get Newton (and Green Bay with old rear end Favre is better than the 1-15 Panthers with Clausen)

So actually if Favre sticks around there's not much QB talent outside of the #1 pick and GB won't get that because Favre would gunsling it enough to sniff the playoffs instead of tanking for #1. At best they get Dalton or Kaepernick, neither of which are near Rodgers.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Flikken posted:

10: 2012: (22) Brandon Weeden QB He's old, off the team in 2 years, is a back up on a Texas team now. Either Cowboys or Texans, who can remember???

He actually was on both teams last season. Is the only starting QB in Texans history to win a game in Indy :toot:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Okay, now rank the Lions' 2nd-round picks

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Mike Williams- Once got benched for Josh McCown. Reread that sentence.

I legitimately did not believe this but holy poo poo:

quote:

was the backup quarterback to Jon Kitna, and was occasionally used in as the Y (slot receiver),[29] passing Corey Bradford and Mike Williams on the depth chart as the third wide receiver.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Flikken posted:

11: 2012: (3) Trent Richardson RB he sucks, but we convinced the colts to give us another 1st for him soooooo, still a terrible pick.

13: 2014: (22) Johnny Manziel QB Too much to write, you all know anyway, oh yeah traded up for him.

Edit: I threw in 2014 because I cannot NOT mention Manziel/Gilbert when talking about Browns first rounds.

Reminder that the pick we got for Trent turned into Manziel.

The Browns' ability to waste everything is incredible.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
49ers

1. Patrick Willis (2007): One of the best ILBs in league history and all-around good dude
2. Joe Staley (2007): One of the better LTs in the league and also a good dude. 2007 was a good drafting year
3. Mike Iupati (2010): A run-blocking mauler and quickly became one of the better guards in the league
4. Aldon Smith (2011): A premier passrusher who is also a premier shithead
5. Eric Reid (2013): Please God protect this man's brain. One of my favorite players on the current team
6. Alex Smith (2005): I mean he's spent 11years in the league as a starting-level QB. That's got to account for something. Notably NOT Aaron Rodgers
7. Vernon Davis (2006): A stonehands pumpkin who became a great all-around TE and then reverted back into a pumpkin
8. Michael Crabtree (2009): A really good WR who could never play to expectations
9. Anthony Davis (2010): A decent RT who at times looked like a great RT. Was part of the mass exodus of starters last offseason but now back with the team
10. Manny Lawson (2006): Was a serviceable OLB on some real bad teams
11. Kentwan Balmer (2008): Wash
12. Rashaun Woods (2004): Got his rookie card as a gag gift in SAS Secret Santa a few years ago. Do not remember him outside of that
13. AJ Jenkins (2012): lol foh

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Adun posted:

I legitimately did not believe this but holy poo poo:

Mike Williams- Once got benched for Josh McCown.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

AsInHowe posted:

Okay, now rank the Lions' 2nd-round picks

Titus Young is legitimately near the top

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Let's rank fifth rounders next.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Atticus Finch posted:

Okay.

For real NFL players:

1) 2003 - C Dan Koppen - Solidly good center for a decade. Can't ask for more from a 5th rounder.
2) 2008 - ST Matt Slater - 5x Pro bowl gunner. YEAHHHH SON
3) 2011 - T Marcus Cannon - He kinda sucks, but is an acceptable swing tackle who isn't a tire fire

At least they could play in the league:

4) 2010 - P Zoltan Mesko - Was an average punter for like two years then had a lovely 3rd year and got cut.
5) 2005 - T Ryan O'Callahan - Was a backup who played sporadically for 2 years, then was a bad starter in KC for a year
6) 2011 - TE Lee Smith - Got cut, was a minus player for the Bills for 4 years.

Couldn't play in the league:

2009 - T George Bussey
2007 - T Clint Oldenburg
2005 - LB Ryan Claridge
2004 - WR PK Sam

Kalli fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Aug 30, 2016

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Teddy Lehman-Bad. Got a lot of tackles and was a white guy from Oklahoma so there's a lot of his jerseys floating around out there.

Shaun Cody- Awful.

Daniel Bullocks-Terrible

Drew Stanton-One of the best backups in the league. He's easily one of the best picks the Lions have made here, let that sink in.
Ikaika Alama-Francis- Putrid. A project defensive end that Rod Marinelli was totally going to turn into a killer pass rusher guys, no really just give it another season.
Gerald Alexander-Substandard safety who had to start as a rookie because the above Daniel Bullocks exploded.

Jordan Dizon- Abysmal. I got his autograph on a roster for a former coach of mine and he still displays in his house because he was so hilariously bad.

Louis Delmas- Lou Dawg was mega rad but also an idiot who prioritized big hits over anything resembling competent coverage.

No Picks- By far the best decision the Lions made in this time period.

Titus Young-....so good for a season, then went entirely loving insane. Still well into the top half of the picks the Lions have made.
Mikel Leshoure- Fat and slow and not good.

Ryan Broyles- 3 seasons, 32 catches, 2 touchdowns. Jesus Christ.

Darius Slay- Owns.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
So if we actually rank them:

Actual NFL Players
Darius Slay

A GIANT GAP
Drew Stanton
Louis Delmas

One Good Season and Insanity
Titus Young

Bad But Not The Worst I guess
Mikel Leshoure

Absolute Garbage But Started And Never Should Have
Teddy Lehman
Daniel Bullocks
Gerald Alexander
Shaun Cody

Couldn't Get Real Time With The Garbage rear end 2000s Detroit Lions
Ikaika Alama-Francis
Jordan Dizon

Ryan Broyles Circle of Hell
Ryan Broyles

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Don't forget Mikel Leshoure once got pulled over and tried to eat the weed he had on him before the cop got to his door.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Atticus Finch posted:

Richard Sherman
Kam Chancellor

Everyone else's picks.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I'll give it a shot. There's a lot of mediocre so the rankings are oddly difficult to come up with.

#1: Cameron Jordan, DE (2011). Our best defensive player by far. A couple of well earned pro bowls in his relatively short career and multiple good seasons after a mediocre start in his rookie year. No JJ Watt but a really good pick in a position we needed.

#2: Jammal Brown, OT (2005). Brown was a drat good tackle in his stay at New Orleans. The only reason we ever parted ways with him was his injury and Bushrod stepping up to be a solid replacement and cheaper.

#3: Will Smith, DE (2004). A good player who played for a long time. Had an amazing breakout year in our Superbowl season -- which was amusingly not his one pro bowl appearance. It's possible I should have him higher than Jordan based on how long he was with the team but eh. Spent a lot of that time overpaying him for his 2009 performance which he could never capture.

#4: Robert Meachem, WR (2007). This is where the quality starts thinning out and we're just at normal, good players. And that's what Meachem was for the Saints -- another in a list of solid wide outs for Brees.

#5: Reggie Bush, RB (2006). Same deal as Meachem, really, though paid more for his services. A pretty good offensive piece who suffered from being amazingly overhyped and not knowing to run forward instead of sideways half the time.

#6: Malcolm Jenkins, DB (2009). Jenkins was an average defensive back throughout his career. Played corner for a bit before moving to safety because he was too slow. Not a bust but didn't really live up to expectations. Would have a flashy play every year to get your hopes up that he might turn the corner but never did.

#7: Mark Ingram, RB (2011, might as well be 2012). Ingram is a respectable running back. After being a running joke for a couple years after his debut (rightfully so, who the gently caress mortgages a first round pick next year to reach on a running back) he's become a fixture of the team's running game. I just wish he could learn to pass block better. If he'd been drafted in the third round I don't think anyone would mind what he brings to the team.

#8: Kenny Vaccaro, SS (2013). The most recent addition, I still think it's a little early to judge him but he's been very inconsistent to bad since we drafted him. The bad Saints defense isn't all his fault, but he certainly hasn't helped much.

#9: Sedrick Ellis, DT (2008). When we drafted Ellis everyone thought he was going to be the amazing anchor of an improving defense. He is only notable in how utterly unimpactful he was.

#10: Patrick Robinson (2010). The only person on this entire list I cringe to think of. Was just awful every time he was on the field. One of the core pieces of/reasons for the Saints terrible defense in his brief time on the team.

Honestly, not that bad, not that good. Like the classic Saints 7-9 season, really. Maybe next year the list will look better with Cooks on it if he has a crazy season like we pray he will.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 30, 2016

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Shaun Cody was an above average NT in Houston and I looked him tremendously

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Richard Sherman
Kam Chancellor

Everyone else's picks.

that's just not fair

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

aperion posted:

that's just not fair

2013, 2014, and 2015 first round picks got us ___________

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

2013, 2014, and 2015 first round picks got us more 5th round picks

there you go

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Atticus Finch posted:

just cause this is fun for the ravens

Good Nfl Starters/Rotation Players/Probable Hofers Till They Leave Baltimore
2006 Dawan Landry
2010 Arthur Jones
2011 Pernell Mcphee
2013 Ricky Wagner

Borderline Nfl Players
2011 Chykie Brown
2012 Asa Jackson
2010 David Reed

White Tight Ends
2006 Quinn Sypniewski

idk these guys
2004 Roderick Green
2005 Justin Green
2009 Jason Phillips
2009 Davon Drew

Should Be Starting Over Joe Flacco
2007 Troy Smith

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Aug 30, 2016

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Pernell McPhee loving owns and I miss him

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Atticus Finch posted:

2004 LB Alex Lewis - serviceable special teamer IIRC
2005 QB Dan Orlovsky - Awful backup who has somehow returned to be our awful backup again
2006 OT Jonathan Scott - Who?
2007 LB Johnny Baldwin - Who? Also we traded five other 5th round selections this year and nine overall.
2008 WR Kenneth Moore - No memory of even this name
2008 FB Jerome Felton - was a fullback
2011 LB Doug Hogue - special teamer
2012 LB Tahir Whitehead - Actually great value. He was mostly on special teams at first but really stepped up when Stephen Tulloch died doing the Discount Double Check. He's still here.
2012 CB Chris Greenwood - Went to local D3 school Albion and was fast. Otherwise terrible.
2013 P Sam Martin - Usually decent but known for two horribly timed shanks including 10 YARD PUNT IN THE PLAYOFFS WHAT THE gently caress

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

New York Jets - Re-doing this since mcmagic left out Sheldon and Keller and added Dewayne Robertson who was 2003. Wilkerson will likely pass Brick when all is said and done. Vilma had a good career but it was mostly after Mangini dumped him because of scheme fit.

2007 Darrelle Revis
2006 Nick Mangold
2006 D'Brickashaw Ferguson
2011 Muhammad Wilkerson
2013 Sheldon Richardson
2004 Jonathan Vilma
2008 Dustin Keller
2009 Mark Sanchez
2012 Quinton Coples
2010 Kyle Wilson
2013 Dee Milliner
2008 Vernon Gholston

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

d'brickashaw still a top 5 nfl name ever

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Great White Hope posted:

Reminder that the pick we got for Trent turned into Manziel.

The Browns' ability to waste everything is incredible.

Ashes to ashes

poo poo to poo poo

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Ravens fans putting anything but Matt Elam at the bottom of their list is seriously triggering.

Sorry, but mark clayton cost way more games over two different coaching eras. Elam was bad then immediately buried after 1.5 seasons. 22 ovr vs 32 ovr etc etc

And no, that one Bengals game in 08 was a collective hallucination

Oberst fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Aug 30, 2016

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The only 5th rounder in Texans history to amount to anything is TJ "Bengals Killer" Yates

I guess James Casey fleeced the Eagles for a lot of money too

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I don't recognize some of the Bengals fifth rounders. Marsh Pussy better get in here.

gently caress TJ Yates.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

TJ Yates's inexplicable ownership of the Bengals is one of my favorite things ever

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah, haha... it is really great..

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Atticus Finch posted:

I don't recognize some of the Bengals fifth rounders. Marsh Pussy better get in here.

gently caress TJ Yates.

What do you think of one AJ McCarron?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

2012 Ryan Tannehill - Print the shirts.

2011 Mike Pouncey - Great center, still with the team. A+ would draft again.

2008 Jake Long - One of the best LT's for about four years, then the injuries started.

2004 Vernon Carey - Weird career, but started at multiple positions for Miami from 2004-2011.

2005 Ronnie Brown - Good running back, never lived up to the hype, wildcat owned.

2010 Jared Odrick - Adequate DL starter. Left after rookie deal.

2009 Vontae Davis - Decent CB who we traded too soon. Developed into one of the better CB's in Indy.

2007 Ted Ginn, Jr. - We drafted the entire Ginn family. Dude is still bouncing around the league and one time he singlehandedly beat the Jets.

2006 Jason Allen - A bad CB.

2013 Dion Jordan - Probably the worst first rounder in franchise history. Has contributed nothing, got suspended, will probably be out of the league after this year.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

korrandark posted:

What do you think of one AJ McCarron?
GOD gently caress AJ MCCARRON

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Ozu posted:

New York Jets - Re-doing this since mcmagic left out Sheldon and Keller and added Dewayne Robertson who was 2003. Wilkerson will likely pass Brick when all is said and done. Vilma had a good career but it was mostly after Mangini dumped him because of scheme fit.

2007 Darrelle Revis
2006 Nick Mangold
2006 D'Brickashaw Ferguson
2011 Muhammad Wilkerson
2013 Sheldon Richardson
2004 Jonathan Vilma
2008 Dustin Keller
2009 Mark Sanchez
2012 Quinton Coples
2010 Kyle Wilson
2013 Dee Milliner
2008 Vernon Gholston

Dang you beat me to including Sheldon (great pick) but I forgot about Keller, which is surprising as he was Sanchez's favourite safety valve. I wasn't too happy when he went to Miami and the Jets went through a rough spot at TE after he left.

This is probably fairly common across the league but the Jets have a pretty significant drop off in quality between their top 5-6 first-round picks and the rest. Darrelle through Sheldon are A++, Vilma was solid and Keller was a decent contributor. Things go off the cliff after that:
  • Mark 'Buttfumble' Sanchez needs no introduction
  • Coples had difficulty producing even with a great line in front of him
  • Kyle Wilson can't play outside and is no good in the slot
  • Milliner has been injured however he hasn't improved at all and even struggled against the Giants' second team in the most recent preseason game
  • Gholston is almost the dictionary definition of the word 'bust'

Bjork Bjowlob fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Aug 31, 2016

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ehud posted:

2012 Ryan Tannehill - Print the shirts.

2011 Mike Pouncey - Great center, still with the team. A+ would draft again.

2008 Jake Long - One of the best LT's for about four years, then the injuries started.

2004 Vernon Carey - Weird career, but started at multiple positions for Miami from 2004-2011.

2005 Ronnie Brown - Good running back, never lived up to the hype, wildcat owned.

2010 Jared Odrick - Adequate DL starter. Left after rookie deal.

2009 Vontae Davis - Decent CB who we traded too soon. Developed into one of the better CB's in Indy.

2007 Ted Ginn, Jr. - We drafted the entire Ginn family. Dude is still bouncing around the league and one time he singlehandedly beat the Jets.

2006 Jason Allen - A bad CB.

2013 Dion Jordan - Probably the worst first rounder in franchise history. Has contributed nothing, got suspended, will probably be out of the league after this year.

I pretty much agree, but Brown should be higher only because the debut of the wildcat against the Pats was the greatest thing ever and quickly debunked the mythos of Belichik.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Redskins:

Elite Tier:

1. 2004 - Sean Taylor

2. 2010 - Trent Williams

Really good tier:

3. 2011 - Ryan Kerrigan

Serviceable tier:

4. 2005 - Carlos Rogers

5. 2009 - Brian Orakpo

Regret tier:

6. 2005 - Jason Campbell

7. 2007 - LaRon Landry

8. 2012 - Robert Griffin III

9. 2013 - No first round pick (RG3)

gently caress you Vinny Cerratto tier:

8. 2006 - No first round pick(Jason Campbell)

9. 2008 - No first round pick (Devin Thomas, Fred Davis, Malcom Kelly) :gonk: :gonk:

• Locked thread