Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
dune
sting
spice
View Results

• Locked thread
Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The first Dune book and even the Lynch movie were pretty good, but the books after that were all awful and Paul going blind and becoming a wandering psycho and having an immortal worm son were so stupid I can't comprehend it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

dune go breakin' my heart

Ennui March
Jun 25, 2003
I give it two thumbs up.
I like the part where captain pikard tries to stab dale cooper in the ballsack.

cool jihad.

Borneo Jimmy
Feb 27, 2007

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg4OCeSTL08

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Arrakis

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Desert planet.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Ork of Fiction posted:

Desert planet.

Arrakis.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Desert planet.

Vyro Ingo
May 20, 2013
The first three books are amazing..then 'God Emporer of Dune' is a totally different writing style that didnt really grab me.

Would still rate Cpt Picard / Sting Dune over James McAvoy Dune

LONG LIVE THE FIGHTERS!!!!!!!

Vyro Ingo fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Aug 26, 2016

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
It's basically Lawrence of Arabia in space.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

yow! that's a spicy mulligatawny

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

jazzyhattrick posted:

I heard about a group called the "spice girls" how come their lips aren't stained like other spice users. Furthermore none of them seem to have any Bene Gesserit training. Is this supposed to be ironic in some way.

You're thinking of Mentats. Their lips are stained with sapho juice.
The mark of a hardcore spice user is "blue within blue" eyes (blue sclera and irises) which the Spice Girls did have.

epileptic_ev
Aug 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
u should try to break my arm in public tuff guy

in front of sneekys would be good with ur bitch there

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

if u change around the letters in dune it says nude

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Vyro Ingo posted:

The first three books are amazing..then dune messiah is a totally different writing style that didnt really grab me.

Would still rate Cpt Picard / Sting Dune over James McAvoy Dune

LONG LIVE THE FIGHTERS!!!!!!!

Dune Messiah is the second book... IDIOT!!!

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

Frank Miller's Dune starring Ron Perlman, soundtrack by Weezer

epileptic_ev
Aug 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
didnt i offer u free therapy already. ur purely a sociopath. im a dead man. and i only care about my family in this instance but i sure as gently caress dont want to die either. so please go away. you and i do not work for both scientific and social reasons. i am probably better off with ur sister and olga. you need to detox from the internet imo and get real help. i can write these things out in more detail but ive given u like 50k worth of good advice already. i get ur struggling emotionally but look at the life uve lived ppl would kill for that life. u are a disgrace if ur insecure still

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

epileptic_ev posted:

didnt i offer u free therapy already. ur purely a sociopath. im a dead man. and i only care about my family in this instance but i sure as gently caress dont want to die either. so please go away. you and i do not work for both scientific and social reasons. i am probably better off with ur sister and olga. you need to detox from the internet imo and get real help. i can write these things out in more detail but ive given u like 50k worth of good advice already. i get ur struggling emotionally but look at the life uve lived ppl would kill for that life. u are a disgrace if ur insecure still

same

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Jodo's Dune is one of the saddest movies ever

epileptic_ev
Aug 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
idk how u have so much ego but suit urself im already dead and ur a proven liar over and over and over and over

and over

and one more time

for fuin

Vyro Ingo
May 20, 2013

Dreddout posted:

Dune Messiah is the second book... IDIOT!!!

It would appear im blind as the bookshelf is 5ft away...ment god emporer..post fixed

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

Applewhite posted:

You're thinking of Mentats. Their lips are stained with sapho juice.
The mark of a hardcore spice user is "blue within blue" eyes (blue sclera and irises) which the Spice Girls did have.

Applewhite I'm glad you posted this so I didn't have to correct them and out myself as a nerd who literally named his cats Leto and Ghanima

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
i never saw the movie or read any of the books so im going to have to rely on the good will of goons to get me through this trying time

epileptic_ev
Aug 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
y dont u just marry yakman like i told u to idiot

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
this is the hardcover that I have of the first Dune book. It stays in a drawer in my desk at work. If this fuckman hurricane hits us this weekend / next week I'll be at work for seventy two hours as part of the "ride our team".

Getting paid to read Dune, life is good.

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

wyntyr posted:

this is the hardcover that I have of the first Dune book. It stays in a drawer in my desk at work. If this fuckman hurricane hits us this weekend / next week I'll be at work for seventy two hours as part of the "ride our team".

Getting paid to read Dune, life is good.

never heard of it

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

epileptic_ev posted:

y dont u just marry yakman like i told u to idiot

I'm going to come to your house and gently caress your mother

piiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssss

I still need to read dune

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

That Robot posted:

I still need to read dune

ive never even heard of it :confused:

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

just ray posted:

ive never even heard of it :confused:

It's basically Laurence of Arabia in space.

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

Ork of Fiction posted:

It's basically Laurence of Arabia in space.

never heard of that either, sorry

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
or space or really anything really, thank you for your time

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

just ray posted:

never heard of that either, sorry

Lawrence of Arabia is the true tale of an English laddy who went amongst the Mohammedans to learn their ways and establish alliances w/ them. He partook of their lifestyle as a desert raider, pillaging small encampments, kidnapping and raping women and killing anyone who stood against them, and in doing so realized that every moment of his life before this time was wasted. Truly, a man is only alive as long as he can kill and rape as he pleases. Eventually, he went back to Jolly Oled England, where he died miserable and rapeless.

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

Ork of Fiction posted:

Lawrence of Arabia is the true tale of an English laddy who went amongst the Mohammedans to learn their ways and establish alliances w/ them. He partook of their lifestyle as a desert raider, pillaging small encampments, kidnapping and raping women and killing anyone who stood against them, and in doing so realized that every moment of his life before this time was wasted. Truly, a man is only alive as long as he can kill and rape as he pleases. Eventually, he went back to Jolly Oled England, where he died miserable and rapeless.

sounds like my kind of guy, huzzh

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I piss on dunes

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
this dune guy must have been a real rear end in a top hat to get sting so fuckin pissed

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Did you get a Qdoba coupon ray? I'm trying to collect as many as I can for free knockout tacos.

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx

OctoberBlues posted:

Did you get a Qdoba coupon ray? I'm trying to collect as many as I can for free knockout tacos.

i dont eat at that shithole

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
today i had brewery bar ii which actulayy is a shithole but noel the cook makes the best green chile in town and you dont even know how to order so i feel like im talking to some kind of helpless baby

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
you might as well eat a fart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

just ray posted:

i dont eat at that shithole

It's a coupon for a free taco! No purchase necessary! I've collected seven of them from the trash you fuckman!

• Locked thread