Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

It was from a few years ago. The thread title was something like "What cultural trend comes after irony?"

Someone responded with something like "authoritarian zealotry" — and given the current trend of wrongthink witch hunts, call-out culture, and pedantic picking at every nuance of the presentation of gender, sex, and race in the media, they were pretty precient.

What I'm saying is that that goon was a prophet and I want him/her/xir/fey honored appropriately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
what the op said, but unironically

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
And that Goons name was John Titor

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i tried reading the op but my eyes slid out of their sockets and rolled into a volcano. votong 2

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

GBS doesn't understand irony so we had no hope of figuring out what comes next.

Iakona
Jan 24, 2006

Enfield posted:

i tried reading the op but my eyes slid out of their sockets and rolled into a volcano. votong 2

Now they match your face at least.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

a hole-y ghost posted:

GBS doesn't understand irony so we had no hope of figuring out what comes next.

No, you must have misheard somebody. GBS doesn't understand ironing.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
irony -> authoritarian zealotry is more or less the evolution the forums went through a few years before it happened to society at large and if that trend continues then in 2-3 years when the current wave of bullshit dies down we're in for a period where nobody cares about anything and barely tries and the only universal truth that everyone can agree on is that franco is a stupid piece of poo poo

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Iakona posted:

wow thanks for hurting my feelings

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
OP is a retard

Iakona
Jan 24, 2006

im sorry enfield i actually enjoy reading your shitposts

epileptic_ev
Aug 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

epileptic_ev posted:

Martin Luther Kink
Oct 17, 2004
Barroom Hero

Iakona posted:

:eyepop:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

That was forums user "Peanut Butter Twix"

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

proof of concept posted:

irony -> authoritarian zealotry is more or less the evolution the forums went through a few years before it happened to society at large and if that trend continues then in 2-3 years when the current wave of bullshit dies down we're in for a period where nobody cares about anything and barely tries and the only universal truth that everyone can agree on is that franco is a stupid piece of poo poo

irony -> authoritarian zealotry > ?gbs 1.0?

pls enlighten me all seeing avant grade goon hive mind

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

lovely threads like this deserve dare's insane shitposts. if we could only harness him

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Dynastocles posted:

It was from a few years ago. The thread title was something like "What cultural trend comes after irony?"

Someone responded with something like "authoritarian zealotry" — and given the current trend of wrongthink witch hunts, call-out culture, and pedantic picking at every nuance of the presentation of gender, sex, and race in the media, they were pretty precient.

What I'm saying is that that goon was a prophet and I want him/her/xir/fey honored appropriately.
/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

proof of concept posted:

Future's looking brite. B)

• Locked thread