Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
I forgot how to do math.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

it didnt forget how to do you baby

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
If you can;t do math how can we be sure you're 29??

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Eh, gonna gently caress a kid into some chick, because that is the college way.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
What's the point of math? I can see if you don't have a calculator handy how it might be useful, but if I want to know an answer I just pull out the ol' trusty calculator. :smug:

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

quote:

The pressure gauge on a tank registers the gauge pressure, which is the difference between the interior pressure and exterior pressure. When the tank is full of oxygen (O2), it contains 9.00 kg of the gas at a gauge pressure of 44.0 atm. Determine the mass of oxygen that has been withdrawn from the tank when the pressure reading is 31.2 atm. Assume the temperature of the tank remains constant.

Do this question for me and I'll give you a blowjob.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
6.38kg

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
Oh yay general chem. :rolleyes:

Good luck

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah dog that's a really easy proportion problem lol

code:
9kg            X
_____    =   ______

44atm        31.2atm
solve for X

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Aug 26, 2016

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I went back for a Master's degree at 30. Good luck. Just don't expect to be the Old that mentors the youngs. You're going to feel so unbelievably out of touch with them.

frogge fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Aug 26, 2016

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
Okay smarty pants how about this one:

At 29°C, an aluminum ring has an inner diameter of 6.000 0 cm and a brass rod has a diameter of 6.060 0 cm. If only the ring is warmed, what temperature must it reach so that it will just slip over the rod?

I've solved this one already. The correct answer gets a dick suck.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Well I don't want my dick sucked no sir

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

SweetKarma posted:

Do this question for me and I'll give you a blowjob.

lol. Answer is 69.69

Takane
Aug 24, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

SweetKarma posted:

Okay smarty pants how about this one:

At 29°C, an aluminum ring has an inner diameter of 6.000 0 cm and a brass rod has a diameter of 6.060 0 cm. If only the ring is warmed, what temperature must it reach so that it will just slip over the rod?

I've solved this one already. The correct answer gets a dick suck.

The rod is my dick and the ring is OP's mom.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
The answer is 2068.97 degrees C. But Aluminum has a melting point of 660 degrees C. So the ring would melt before it could pass over the rod.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

SweetKarma posted:

The answer is 2068.97 degrees C. But Aluminum has a melting point of 660 degrees C. So the ring would melt before it could pass over the rod.
i bet you could build the strongest bridge ever out of the least material possible at -200 degrees c

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

numberoneposter posted:

i bet you could build the strongest bridge ever out of the least material possible at -200 degrees c

I only deal with aluminum rings and brass rods. Sorry.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

SweetKarma posted:

write that down along with "this question is loving pointless"

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Is it 420???

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

SweetKarma posted:

I only deal with aluminum rings and brass rods. Sorry.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

symbolic posted:

write that down along with "this question is loving pointless"

I can't write it down. All of my assignments are digital. I log into a website and enter the answers into a field and I'm graded immediately.

Back in my day a professor wrote the assignments on the chalk board and graded them with red ink.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
how does it feel to poo poo the bed of life

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
ask me anything: i am in my late 20s and literally hit a rule that says i cannot get student grants at my community college anymore because ive been doing it for too many credits in a row for 3 years straight

edit

to be honest i figuratively hit the rule

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
I am 28 and going to school for Chinese. I got a "gentleman's B" in algebra but that's all the math I have to take haha gently caress 您uuuuuuu

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Iron Prince posted:

I am 28 and going to school for Chinese. I got a "gentleman's B" in algebra but that's all the math I have to take haha gently caress 您uuuuuuu

if you're going to school for chinese i hope you picked cornell and don't mind being hate hosed

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
LOL OP did you not get enough liberal-marxist indoctrination the first time around? Basic chemistry dude

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Iron Prince posted:

I don't have to take math. I completed the Calculus III requirement 10 years ago. I just have to get through second year physics.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

extra stout posted:

if you're going to school for chinese i hope you picked cornell and don't mind being hate hosed

im taking Chinese classes at a local school in hopes of transferring out to somewhere that matters. Yes I routinely cry myself to sleep.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

SweetKarma posted:

I don't have to take math. I completed the Calculus III requirement 10 years ago. I just have to get through second year physics.

im not suggesting you actually join one but would you mind sharing some of the school clubs available???

also use the word retard on campus and tell us what happens

or quote kramers melt down in the cafeteria

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I'm 29 too. I think my credits have expired. I've already attempted to go back to school twice and they just didn't take. I can't finish a degree.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Iron Prince posted:

im taking Chinese classes at a local school in hopes of transferring out to somewhere that matters. Yes I routinely cry myself to sleep.

may you have the luck of the cat, ghost person.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
I'm taking a physics course that requires knowledge of math that I haven't seen for 10 years. It's intimidating.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

better keep posting

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

SweetKarma posted:

I can't write it down. All of my assignments are digital. I log into a website and enter the answers into a field and I'm graded immediately.

Back in my day a professor wrote the assignments on the chalk board and graded them with red ink.
gently caress, i'm old :eng99:

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Charles Bukowski posted:

I'm 29 too. I think my credits have expired. I've already attempted to go back to school twice and they just didn't take. I can't finish a degree.

I started college in 2006 and my credits have never expired. Talk to a counselor.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

all my stuff is history, phil, eng, so my credits will never expire unless we suddenly decide someone else won WWII

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

SweetKarma posted:

I forgot how to do math.

What are you going to school for? I went back older than you and math is the worst part. Linear algebra is a loving headache as an example. If you only have to do calc then it won't be too bad.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

SweetKarma posted:

I'm taking a physics course that requires knowledge of math that I haven't seen for 10 years. It's intimidating.

According to the person at the enrollment office...

"First year Physics are designed to eliminate people." "No one" (and I loving am quoting her) Passes on the first try.

Just loving think about that. 100% failure rate, no matter how smart or knowledgeable an applicant. Flat out telling the entire world to, in a nutshell, Go gently caress Yourself.

How is it a loving incentive to attend this "institution"?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i wish i would have transfered into FA photography while i was still in school getting good marks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

abstract algebra is my white whale

• Locked thread