Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I will play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'll join it twice tbh

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'd be fine with Monday.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I woke up at 1pm, what a dumb decision

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Only scum sleep that late!

##vote BottleKnight

even on this, the sabbath labor day, the jewish american day of rest?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

On a day like today, there's only one thing to do.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I am a big fan of SCUMM.

and lucasarts in general.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Thread I stayed up until 4 in the morning playing the indie game Inside in one sitting and it was creepy as gently caress.

Like holy poo poo.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

These votes on TMM are too low content for me to determine which ones of them are scummy

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

flerp posted:

im thinking the same thing but im not voting bcause were lovers (thanks mod)

flerped again

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Asiina posted:

None of them.

##vote asiina

I understand an unwillingness to engage with D1 but I don't like it when someone tunnels a person just to get them out, pretty much regardless of alignment.

I don't know if you're scum for it, but it's the worst thing I've seen in the game so far.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Asiina posted:

Yes, my vote based on someone scum claiming is a personal vendetta.

GJ

I don't believe that your conclusion that all 3 votes on TMM are not scummy is independent of your dislike for TMM.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Apocron posted:

I think it's logical to take a weak reason to lynch someone on day 1. Maybe if he turns out to be town then people can analyse in retrospect that people jumped on a bandwagon to hide that they are scum. However what I don't get is people trying to analyse people taking an easy justification to vote on D1 and trying to argue that they are scum on D1. That strikes me as scum attempting to seem righteous in the days to come if Madman does turn out to be town. Even if madman did turn out to be scum it could also be trying to deflect votes from him.

This literally hasn't happened. Your tone is incredibly self-conscious and defensive. You yourself even admit that it's an easy justification, which I would argue is a lazy justification. I didn't find the votes themselves particularly scummy, but this umprompted defense post is very scummy.

##vote apocron

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Oh hey sagan, not sure if we ever played together or if I just read games you were in. But I think we played in at least one game together??

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Oh yeah, XCOM, how the hell was that over a year ago

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

TMM did not scumclaim. He even referenced the synx gambit, which isn't even a gambit. It was jokephase, and not even good jokephase. The best thing to come of it is Apocron thinking that it's such a slam dunk scumclaim that he's willing to call anyone who doubts its infallibility scum.

Apocron posted:

Thank you Asiina.

Imagine I went back and edited my post so this was my response to being called scum twice for explaining my reasoning which somehow counts as being overly defensive and scummy.

Your reasoning is bad. That in itself isn't a big deal. I don't mind that it's bad, but your tone and overall response is scummy.

I would look at the fact that three people are still voting TMM for saying "I am scum" at the beginning of D1 and link the same image

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kashuno posted:

I'd vote TMM because d1 scum claims are stupid bad.BK looks like he knows TMM isn't scum tho or worse is covering for his scumbro doing weird things...

I need to go see when TMM scum claimed

No, I don't. I objectively don't. TMM could be pizza-aligned, all I know is that jumping on this dumb non-starter is moronic.

You and Apocron pretending out of thin air that I'm defending TMM and know he isn't scum is weird. The best credit I can give these TMM votes (and votes like it) are that they are trying to discourage future D1 behavior where people say they're scum, but people make jokes like this regularly and they present no bearing on alignment. So, instead, I'm voting based on something that has helped me actually determine someone's alignment and people should vote with me.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

go on

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

oh you did go on.

well what an amazing success record there kashuno

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Also that's a good point about how yes, TMM could absolutely be scum who posted "I am scum." in jokephase of this game. But that's a lovely case and it always will be. I would've been just as bewildered by that case in my game.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

You call out lurkers D1 in every single game Madman. You really like that content, regardless of alignment.

You're right, though. All 3 of those people should replace out if they don't want to play.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

Quality over quantity. I may not post a lot, but every one is gold. Anyways Jimson is probably pinging me most right now, but I keep wavering on apo

Why is Jimson pinging you

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kashuno posted:

I actually didn't look at how many players we have.

Hmmmmmm I feel like if we just lynch lurkers we will lose tho

As Ecco would say, if lynching lurkers loses town the game, the town was going to lose anyways.

But I learned my lurking strats from Somber. Ignore lurkers (because lurking is alignment-neutral) and vent about how frustrating they are because they are frustrating. Tell them not to sign up for games they aren't going to play, etc.

If Vimes comes in here and says the words wow or legion I'm gonna laugh.

Retro Futurist posted:

##vote apo if it's him than SSV is the other and we have an easy win

what's the link here, I think I missed it?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

TMMadman posted:

I think the later votes on Apocorn are kind of scummy and I don't really feel like voting him.

It's possible he's scum, but it's probably more likely it's just awkwardness from still being new.

You didn't feel like voting for him before the scummy votes either, as you didn't state an opinion on him at all, not once, until your "With only a few hours left in the day..." lurker lynch vote.

Considering going after lurkers is also alignment-neutral I'm not really sold on your "At least I'm playing the game" claim TMM...

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Asiina posted:

I don't want to vote Apo.

I like my vote but will switch to SSV if I absolutely have to in order to avoid a no lynch.

Kashuno posted:

i will not switch my vote goodnight.

Not feeling good about the refusal to vote for someone, even to avoid a nolynch. I'd vote SSV if it came down to it, or even TMM because he's giving me vibes now, but I find it sorta weird that neither of you would be willing to do the same.

TMMadman posted:

Well, I don't know about you, but I'd rather play with people who are actually posting instead of someone who hasn't posted anything since the 5th. I know SSV is somewhere Down Under, but his last post was:

And that was well over 48 hours ago. There's just no reason to keep that person around. They are either lurking scum or they are going to be totally useless in the upcoming days.

I said earlier that I was a little leary of Apo, but I was still giving him the benefit of being a new person. So I'm sticking to that for the time being. I'd rather let an awkward new person stay alive on D1, even if they are a little scummy, than someone who isn't posting at all. Especially in such a small game. That person who isn't posting is just dead weight.

Yeah but we learn a lot more from this lynch. Let someone else replace vimes. Your argument isn't good enough for me to want to ecco gambit D1 when we will still have hiipfire with like 3 game posts after lynching vimes. Sure, we can't rely on the mod for everything, but in this case either have him get replaced or we can berate him afterwards for signing up for games and disappearing.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

TMMadman posted:

We're just going to have to chalk this up to a disagreement in how we prefer to play the game. I don't want to rely on the mod to make a replacement when I can just vote them out. Replacements are their own tough challenge for both them and the people left in the game. Sometimes they just get turbo'd because they replaced in for someone who has been scummy/lurking and sometimes it's almost impossible to get them lynched.

It's just frustrating because town gets hosed because we learn almost nothing from this lynch. It's like there's only one thing D1 is good for and we have decided to not care and laugh maniacally.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

##vote ssv

Not trying to no lynch!!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

oh good, weird cops

I'm going to ignore the claims for the most part because it just has us get up our own rear end instead of playing mafia.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kashuno posted:

I don't know if they would pull a gamble like this in such a small game tbh. There probs only 2-3 scum MAX so that's a huge risk for little reward

I love how you earnestly reply here to Jimson making up a wildly stupid scenario due to his tunnel on TMM and then in your next post

Kashuno posted:

Really weird assumption

hahaha

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I didn't like TMM leading the lurker charge yesterday. His argument was "Why rely on the mod when we don't have to?" which is a stupid argument because why should the town have to suffer because of a lurker when we don't have to? It's scummy because in what is probably going to be a short game, focusing on lurkers (and now, being able to focus on night actions) allows him to artificially not focus on actual reads.

Plus, he's posted poo poo like this

TMMadman posted:

BK is a little scummy, but again he's playing the game.

TMMadman posted:

I think the later votes on Apocorn are kind of scummy and I don't really feel like voting him.

TMMadman posted:

I'd rather let an awkward new person stay alive on D1, even if they are a little scummy, than someone who isn't posting at all.

"little scummy," "kind of scummy," TMM isn't actually hunting scum in this game.

TMMadman posted:

Maybe instead of relying on night results, you should play mafia instead.

:ironicat:

##vote TMM

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Testing a cop is fine too, but it's secondary. Especially since Opop lost it. Tbh I don't really care about Opop's cop claim at all, Kash's is weird tho

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Still find Apo scummy. Especially since he's only posted once today and deadline is tonight. Doesn't seem to be a popular lynch though. Don't have a ton of other reads atm, people need to post more.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I just caught up on the last 40 posts but when I read Kash's post I just assumed he thought Asiina was playing scummy despite the result. I wouldn't really trust a cop result in an 11 person game with 2 claimed cops until tested anyways. The gambit's stupid though.

Kash what's up with your stupid gambit.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

flerp posted:

wtf does this even mean? no one called out ur contradiction except tmm i dont understand this because the only way i can read this is "everyone else is scum" which while im not mafia expert isnt really how these games are designed. i just, i dont get it. its complete bullshit and we both know it and the only reason why youre keeping this up is because ur scum hoping that if you keep up this act long enough other people will begrudingly accept it.

he literally explained this, it's because of scummy bandwagon votes by GT and Jimson

He says the gambit allowed him to see these bandwagon votes, but they were pretty obviously contentless votes even without Kash's dumb gambit.

I really don't understand this post flerp. You shitpost a lot, I get that, but this post seems intentionally obtuse.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I don't like Kash's "Don't you agree that you're the lynch" post because it's also very stupid but Kash is not a stupid player. I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. I'd like to see more results from him tbh, with 2 claimed cops and one claiming he lost his cop I don't want to lynch a person I don't really have much of a scum read on otherwise.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

flerp posted:

i get that part but i dont get the connection between tmm points out contradiction and people voting for the person w/ a scum result means those people are scum. like yeah those votes r bad but bad votes do not always mean that their from scum. it hurts them but otherwise id say their suspect but not likely scum and that in no way helps clear tmm which kash is suggesting

also im sry im trying to try here but i do have that issue where i cant my thoughts fully across sometimes

Ohh, see, this makes a lot more sense. Sorry for being rude.

Yeah I suppose a scum teammate could be bussing TMM (GT seems the most likely here, Jimson has been tunneling TMM) or many other likely scenarios. It definitely doesn't clear TMM at all, and he's still the right lynch. I disagree with Kashuno but I don't think disagreeing with someone's reads makes them scum. As in, I don't think Kash is making up that read about TMM, I think he truly believes that in the context of his gambit.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

votefinder is back but not accurate, kash is not in the count and it's still d1

if you could fix all of that somber i'd appreciate it

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Apocron posted:

Am i right that our main options for lynch are:

TMM: Confirm cop
Kash: Contradicted himself

Any other credible targets?

I don't know, are there? Job of the town is to hunt the scum, pal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Apocron posted:

I just read everything and those are the two main things that stood out to me. Just asking if I missed anything. I think we vote TMM to confirm cop and then we can watch Kash if he's being so suss.

##vote apocron

• Locked thread