Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bald gnome error
Feb 9, 2011

canpakes posted:

Being sober owns. I'm not sick and I Remeber what happens last night. Owned

youre terrible so im not surprised you don't understand the fun of figuring out what you did in the past [x hours]

its like a beautiful scavenger hunt u make for urself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

We're just apes with an overdeveloped brain, our brains developed too fast and now we can't handle all this poo poo, gotta escape it all somehow.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
sobriety is great for pissbitches who can't handle their juice

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
no.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

im going to try a sobriety today

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Sobriety or Sanity? You can have only one.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
No.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

satanic splash-back posted:

im going to try a sobriety today

stay safe

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

OctoberBlues posted:

We're just apes with an overdeveloped brain, our brains developed too fast and now we can't handle all this poo poo, gotta escape it all somehow.

i'm an ape with an underdeveloped brain :colbert:

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
what the gently caress are you talking about OP? Hitler was an OG tweaker

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

thathonkey posted:

i'm an ape with an underdeveloped brain :colbert:
Don't make fun of Zika babies plz

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
On wednesday I got plastered on Vodka and orange juice and subsequently felt like poo poo all of yesterday.

Yesterday I (soberly) stayed up late talking with a girl and then went to bed because Donald Trump was done being entertaining for the night.

Sobriety is looking better atm.

That said smoke weed err'day.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Fututor Magnus posted:

A man can live his life never being sober, but is that a moral life. One wonders "how should I spend every 12 waking hours of every day"?

Some honourable men preferred sobriety, like Hitler

Individual Morality doesn't matter.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
This thread makes me want to get high as gently caress

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
ya it's pretty cool i mean you don't gotta be strict u nless you're an alcoholic but otherwise only drining like a couple beers a month is great :cheers:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i probably have like 2-3 drinks a week or less hth :cheers:

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
the thing I absolutely miss the most about being a teenager is being able to get super hammered and then just bounce out of bed the next morning 100% hangover-free like it never even happened

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

Gently KRS posted:

I'm talking about chemicals that make you sober, if I drink half a bottle of whiskey, while I'm eating your meal of tomatoes, pickles and beef jerky(i don't eat this dish as I'm not American) it doesn't cancel out the booze.

There's that anabuse poo poo, and some kind of narcon injection for heroin and whatnot.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
420 eat benzos like candy everyday

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:
I personally am enjoying my slow slide into alcoholism.

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

Nathilus posted:

It's acceptable. :geno:

Morally speaking it's pretty wrong but from the practical standpoint it's healthier, cheaper, and less embarrassing to maintain. Waking up feeling ok is pretty swell too, though that"s merely a side effect.

I'm sober and I wake up feeling awful, so there

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

Also, people who are sober because they once had a problem are basically the coolest type of people.

Being sober isn't good itself, it's being sober after not being sober that's really cools.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I can't remember my exact state of mind and emotions the first time I smoked a weed, or when i took pills for the first time, but I was in enough distress that i forsook my as of then straight edge attitude about any mind altering substance and threw it out the window to make myself feel better, and since then i've never been more than a phone call away from some drugs, but with sobriety stints, and sobriety is good sometimes but when my brain chemsitry goes sour it's actually p. dangerous and the more i think about it the more i realize i probably need professional help.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Gently KRS posted:

I'm talking about chemicals that make you sober, if I drink half a bottle of whiskey, while I'm eating your meal of tomatoes, pickles and beef jerky(i don't eat this dish as I'm not American) it doesn't cancel out the booze.

This is absolutely astonishingly dumb

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Guys I think 3 threads about alcohol on the first page might be overkill.

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe
Well, I've had enough for about 3 lifetimes so I'm not really missing it.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The best use of alcohol is in cooking.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Yeah, cooking my organs, amirite? :chef:

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

a dog from hell posted:

Guys I think 3 threads about alcohol on the first page might be overkill.

I'll tell YOU when ive had enough!!

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Youre 86'd bud, get your sorry rear end out of here!

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I used to care about things... but that was before the firebombings.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

hemophilia posted:

and the more i think about it the more i realize i probably need professional help.

goons.txt

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
the worst part about being constantly sober is that drug addicts will constantly try to guess what kind of trip you're on to avoid realizing that they are slowly killing themselves with the poisons they pump their brains full of every single day

for the record, I don't give a poo poo if people use drugs or drink and I don't consider my sobriety an important enough part of my personality to ever point it out unless the subject is brought up by someone else

also I smoke tobacco, but whatever I'm not trying to win the worlds most sober person on earth prize so gently caress it :pipe:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Sobriety is great and you don't need alcohol to have social interactions or "take the edge off" or anything else. It's been inside you all along!

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

redm posted:

the worst part about being constantly sober is that drug addicts will constantly try to guess what kind of trip you're on to avoid realizing that they are slowly killing themselves with the poisons they pump their brains full of every single day

When it comes to addicts this is definitely the point. I think you are projecting.

He Who Smelt It
Jun 14, 2012
What's the best breakfast drink gbs?
Personally I'm a fan of the classics, bloody mary and a screwdriver, then I'm on my way

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Sobriety is good for getting my tolerance down

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Gently KRS posted:

What's the best breakfast drink gbs?
Personally I'm a fan of the classics, bloody mary and a screwdriver, then I'm on my way

Domestic US beer is the best drink always but it's low ABV and will make you fat.

Goes down well at 2AM, 8AM, 11PM, whatever.

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
booze is for assholes not willing to put the effort into obtaining better drugs like weed or opiates.
Living in Calgary requires drugs to be tolerable, so gently caress sobriety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Millions of Crows posted:

booze is for assholes not willing to put the effort into obtaining better drugs like weed or opiates.
Living in Calgary requires drugs to be tolerable, so gently caress sobriety.

Weed is better for your body but absolutely not better for the ulterior motive: escapism.

I had problems with opiates for years so no argument there.

• Locked thread