Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
That's totally realistic my gm is extremely charismatic and persuasive ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Finding good rosters will be a little easier this year.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianm...t/#27ce41a313b0
This version is looking more exciting.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Any mention that they fixed the bad defense ai

specifically where one perimeter player always abandons his guy and leaves him open to protect the paint

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yes tae thats all fixed. All of the things you hate every year.

Who are you even asking lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm Jimmy Two-Kay and I'm here to say, we've fixed defense in a major way

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

sexpig by night posted:

I'm Jimmy Two-Kay and I'm here to say, we've fixed defense in a major way

Forwarding that one to Ronnie tomorrow

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

2k usually puts out a video detailing all the new changes to gameplay, sometimes they brag about fixing the problem that everyone knew and made videos about (like rebounding was a problem for the longest time).

I'm actually curious how they'll solve the new issue of switching on defense while balancing the fact that in 2k17, the AI absolutely has no idea how to get around an off-ball screen. Lebron gets destroyed by Darren Collison every single time.

A feature I kinda miss is the ability to go to the GM and demand certain players be traded, which was back in 2k...14 I think?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

https://streamable.com/00lgt

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

I see nothing wrong, Scal's low awareness and basketball IQ meant he accidentially picked his own player causing George hill to trip back a bit as he had to get around his own player, which gave seperation and allowed Thompson the drive opening. :colbert:

But yeah that's the problem with 2k's collision system. outside of double team's it's only 1v1 collision.

That is loving hillarious(since it's not me, I would be pissed) tho , as it makes perfect sense what happened. Only player interaction is 1v1 so if another player enters the duel outside of specific double team animations the game picks whoever is closest to trigger the various dribble drive animations. and since Thompson was in a position where he would have a step on Scal who was closest to him it triggered the blow by animation.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
This owns https://twitter.com/SInow/status/893128359378661376

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Man I hope live is good

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I almost preordered 2K18 a little while ago until I remembered that EA is giving Live 18 another go. I'll wait until they come out and see which one shakes out to be better.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

That does indeed own. I was just thinking yesterday that if Live 18 did well maybe EA would put the WNBA in Live 19, but thought I was being too optimistic.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Well drat they've earned a redboxin at least

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I hope 2k does something similar. I want to go to MyPark with my female myplayer and dunk on nerds.

There's some streamer invitation where info is being tweeted out: https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comments/6rdosy/2k18_gameplay_dev_feedback_session_megathread/

Things so far
  • Vertical shot meter like in NBA Live, you can customize the colours
  • Baseline cheese results in 50/50 fouls or TOs
  • Speed boosting toned down a little bit

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I wish they'd include Big3

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CVagts posted:

I almost preordered 2K18 a little while ago until I remembered that EA is giving Live 18 another go. I'll wait until they come out and see which one shakes out to be better.

Same, Live demo drops sometime early this month so I'm gonna see if that feels better. There's a lot of promising hype but, ya know, hype. 2k REALLY needs a 'rival' in NBA games so even if Live isn't perfect I hope it's at least good enough and well reviewed enough to put them on their toes.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

All I want out of EA is another NBA Jam that is as good as On Fire Edition.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

NBA jam has always been hot trash

It's all the most exciting parts of basketball made boring

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

The Duggler posted:

NBA jam has always been hot trash

It's all the most exciting parts of basketball made boring

They were good for their time but the Street games are probably a better template to copy at this point

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/nba_2k18/b/playstation4/archive/2017/08/06/game-informer-nba-2k18-gameplay-preview.aspx

Some NBA 2k18 nuggets. Things that stuck out to me:
-Passes are determined by how long you hold the button. Tapping the pass is to the nearest player, holding it makes it a long pass.This basically stops a big from instant long passing for a turnover by accident?
-They're trying to finally stop having Isaiah Thomas stop post players like KAT because that was dumb
-You can tell people on defense to go over or under screens

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
http://www.operationsports.com/nba-2k18-video-developer-diary-art-behind-game/

First trailer, going into the work from our character artists to improve the look of the players and MyPlayers in game

Also, the demo was announced, it comes out Sept 8th

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
The responses y'all's posts get on twitter/IG seem like a special kind of stupid.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

zelah posted:

The responses y'all's posts get on twitter/IG seem like a special kind of stupid.

Take a look at the most popular YouTubers and streamers and you'll understand why

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Our fans are the best :swoon:

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

At least the harassment campaign against the 2ktv seems to have ended.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

zelah posted:

At least the harassment campaign against the 2ktv seems to have ended.

2ktv harassment campaign?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Spacebump posted:

2ktv harassment campaign?

Any time the woman would post anything or would be posted by 2k there was a lot of grossness that seems to have stemmed from a youtuber

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

zelah posted:

Any time the woman would post anything or would be posted by 2k there was a lot of grossness that seems to have stemmed from a youtuber

Creepy internet males are the worst.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I'll probably make a new thread for both NBA Live and 2k this week as the Live Demo's coming out. unless someone else wants to do it.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Dexo posted:

I'll probably make a new thread for both NBA Live and 2k this week as the Live Demo's coming out. unless someone else wants to do it.

Nah you got it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3829735

• Locked thread