Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Once you finish the prelude, you can delete it and reinstall it to make a new due, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
It doesn't sound like it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You would probably have to make a whole new 2K Games profile I think. You could always make a new character in the full game

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Just wanted to mention since I know a bunch of you play on PC that it has been clarified that face scan will be available on PC

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

The Glumslinger posted:

Just wanted to mention since I know a bunch of you play on PC that it has been clarified that face scan will be available on PC

What about the badge bug for offline play that's been there for 2 years?

RockNRoll Jesus
Jan 3, 2008

FIND YOUR GOD FUCKING FLASH DRIVE
God drat it. Every year, every single year when I buy this game I tell myself that I'm gonna play it for years, actually have a career without simming a poo poo ton of stuff. But no, Fall comes around and I'm swooned by the hype and I just buy it again.

I've been playing 2k16 often lately so I shouldn't gently caress up the prelude too bad.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

They should've made it clear Prelude was a one play only deal, I wanted to make a different type and deleted my first guy and was met by the screen saying I could only continue in the full game. Kind of annoyed.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

RockNRoll Jesus posted:

God drat it. Every year, every single year TAE BITCHES ABOUT THIS GAME FOR PAGES AND PAGES AND PAGES AND PAGES AND PAGES

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

It's how I know the seasons are changing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm sorry for asking legit problems? Just today, I literally can't access my mycareer because of some 290a problem and I might've lost my year long save file because of it. It's terrible that I have to use cheatengine so I can get the access to buy badges, a problem that's been persistent for the past 2 years.

RockNRoll Jesus
Jan 3, 2008

Finished the prelude, now I can't go back to 2k16 solely because of the new basketball physics. Steals actually make sense. It's fun to take a swipe at some guy driving near you and watch everyone fall over themselves going for the ensuing loose ball.

Oh well, I gotta work all week anyway. Take my 60bux again 2K but I swear to God I'm gonna finish a MyCareer this time.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I really liked 2k15's myCareer story of an undrafted dude coming into the league. The off-court stuff about friends and family is tiring, I wish they cut down on that and gave you some different options and trajectories to play out an early career.

Seriously, doing the 15-day contracts and signing a 1-year contract is perfect from a gameplay standpoint.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Also the Undrafted thing solves the problem of whatever team you get drafted to still having the draft pick they would have normally picked at that spot

I like the idea of the Undrafted thing, or like you go through your college games, and then in a predraft workout you get injured. and have to sit out and reenter the draft next year.(with all created players and maybe story significant players)

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
It also neatly explains how you become a free agent at the end of the first season. The way last year's game explained that was really dumb, no team is going to cut their promising lottery pick just because they have a dumb friend that died. It'll be interesting how they manufacture the situation this year.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

tanglewood1420 posted:

It also neatly explains how you become a free agent at the end of the first season. The way last year's game explained that was really dumb, no team is going to cut their promising lottery pick just because they have a dumb friend that died. It'll be interesting how they manufacture the situation this year.

They might if they found out said player killed someone(Man gently caress the haters that story owned.)

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Dexo posted:

They might if they found out said player killed someone(Man gently caress the haters that story owned.)

Nice try, Spike

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Wait what? this is goddamn hilarious.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Uhhh that is new and i'm not just inexperienced with myleague, right? Rule changes is a loving cool addition.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

That is new and seems real cool.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

How much VC do I need to spend in bribes to get North Korea Rules adopted?

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Dexo posted:

Wait what? this is goddamn hilarious.

holy gently caress this is awesome; think they'll add it to MyGM too?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
It is in MyGM.

RockNRoll Jesus
Jan 3, 2008

It's in MyCareer too right?

I can't wait till this weekend. I'm gonna get off work on Friday and just fuckin ball it.

I tried that face scan poo poo for the Prelude and uh...I literally jumped when I saw how hideous it looked. It looked like loving Gollum. Wish I saved a screen shot but I was all about getting that face the gently caress off of my screen.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

RockNRoll Jesus posted:

It's in MyCareer too right?

I can't wait till this weekend. I'm gonna get off work on Friday and just fuckin ball it.

I tried that face scan poo poo for the Prelude and uh...I literally jumped when I saw how hideous it looked. It looked like loving Gollum. Wish I saved a screen shot but I was all about getting that face the gently caress off of my screen.
Yeah the face scanning accuracy is pretty good isn't it?

RockNRoll Jesus
Jan 3, 2008

tanglewood1420 posted:

Yeah the face scanning accuracy is pretty good isn't it?

Kind of funny, maybe my habit of running away from mirrors is somehow connected.

You know, FIFA 12 or some poo poo accomplished 'real face in the game' tech simply by taking three photos. I did it once and it worked.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah but uhh those faces didn't have to animate in nearly the same was as the ones now, nor are they even close to the level in terms of polygon count and animation rigging and stuff. The 3 picture method would have you coming off like a stroke victim in cutscenes probably.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
This is hilarious.
https://twitter.com/Steve_OS/status/774436203005349888?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Important question, during timeouts when the trampoline dunkers are doing their thing, do they ever mess up? I need missed stunt dunks

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Since this is out, what classic teams are in it? Are there new classic teams? Also, what international teams besides Team USA and Australia?

edit:
LOL Steve Nash removed from Classic Suns and '03 Mavs. http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-basketball/889015-so-no-steve-nash-nba-2k17.html
What is the loving point of having these teams without him in the game? This is as bad as when they had Kareem's teams without Kareem. They should have removed the '03 Mavs and put in the '11 Mavs at that point. I now understand why all the prerelease material has been quiet on classic teams this year.

No new classic teams and removing Nash is so lovely. Good thing they added a few all time college teams as paid DLC. I was expecting at least a classic Kobe/Gasol team added. So lame.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Sep 16, 2016

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

What's the deal with 2k marketing saying they've got the complete Dream Team for the first time ever? They literally had it 4 years ago.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

To be fair if someone doesn't want to be in the game they kinda can't put them in the game once they retire.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dexo posted:

To be fair if someone doesn't want to be in the game they kinda can't put them in the game once they retire.

Yea they also have that problem with another notable gap in the roster

It sucks, and it kinda makes it a 'well why even bother' thing, but you can't exactly press gang a guy into being in your game.

Also, game is good, made my dude a Glass Cleaner Center instead of what he was before and I'm loving it a lot more, also I'm a huge douchebag in a steampunk hat so that's funny.

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Sep 16, 2016

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dexo posted:

I get that. If you can't get extremely important players for the team that get people hyped to play as that team, remove the whole team and add a different classic team with players that you can get the rights for. Who wants to play as a 7 seconds or less Suns team without Nash? I should have realized it was strange they weren't hyping up new classic teams prior to release like in previous years. It's crazy that they sell a $100 edition of the game with #24 Kobe on the cover and there isn't even a classic team with #24 Kobe in the game.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 16, 2016

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I think this is a bigger problem now than when they first started making classic teams. That said, why they wouldn't just make a dorky looking white pg with his stats and a fake name instead didn't make much sense either.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lockback posted:

I think this is a bigger problem now than when they first started making classic teams. That said, why they wouldn't just make a dorky looking white pg with his stats and a fake name instead didn't make much sense either.

That'll get you sued too. Ask EA about that with it's NCAA games, and the Walter Payton estate.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea the guys have pretty tight ability to be all 'ok this is clearly MEANT to be me' and honestly I don't see that as a bad thing in the big picture. It sucks as a gamer, obviously, but I think it's a net good that you can't just use a guy's image and brand, or make some serial number filed off version of "Washeed Rallace" or something. If the guy doesn't want to be in the game that should be the end of it.

Though that does lead to the question of 'so why put that team in at all rather than focusing on getting some other ones', but that's a different issue.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea the guys have pretty tight ability to be all 'ok this is clearly MEANT to be me' and honestly I don't see that as a bad thing in the big picture. It sucks as a gamer, obviously, but I think it's a net good that you can't just use a guy's image and brand, or make some serial number filed off version of "Washeed Rallace" or something. If the guy doesn't want to be in the game that should be the end of it.

Though that does lead to the question of 'so why put that team in at all rather than focusing on getting some other ones', but that's a different issue.

Because they offer a system that allows you to download custom rosters and changes.

Wait like a week and someone will have all of those players added with realistic stats.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Oh poo poo, 2k17 is out? Wtf, why did I think it was a tuesday?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Because Tuesday is the usual day games are released

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBR
Apr 9, 2009
The release date is tuesday, 20.9. Pre orders are delivered for today.

• Locked thread