Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
I just rewatched the Spike Lee classic "Do the Right Thing" and, after a wave of nostalgia, I am left with a lingering chill. I appreciate it more on this viewing than my first a decade ago. Anyone else watch it recently, or have any recommendations of similar themed films?

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muc7xqdHudI

Stolen poster:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Pity reply

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
Get back to work Mookie

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Watch Bamboozled immediately after Do the Right Thing to see what ten years of frustration and cynicism does to a filmmaker.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
This is the only Spike Lee movie I liked.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

It is good and probably the best of spike lee's joints. I'm not sure what else can be added to this discussion, except this [video type="youtu"]wdE2Eg-x4XM[/video]

Edit: timed video tag refuses to work and ive given up because the joke wasn't worth it

Moon Atari fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 26, 2016

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
spike lee is crap

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
what is a 'joint' exactly? can you smoke this movie?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

as an italian i am highly concerned about my windows

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
do the needful OP

Veshpo
May 23, 2016

It's really good, it kind of looks like it could exist in the same universe as Sesame Street.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Veshpo posted:

It's really good, it kind of looks like it could exist in the same universe as Sesame Street.

woah

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Lots of fun, but I did not like the violent ending

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Oh boy that's a poopy toilet

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
I retched a little

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Is that a scene from the movie?

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

exquisite tea posted:

Watch Bamboozled immediately after Do the Right Thing to see what ten years of frustration and cynicism does to a filmmaker.

I'll see if I can find it. Thanks.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Moon Atari posted:

It is good and probably the best of spike lee's joints. I'm not sure what else can be added to this discussion, except this [video type="youtu"]wdE2Eg-x4XM[/video]

Edit: timed video tag refuses to work and ive given up because the joke wasn't worth it

You need to paste as plain text. The auto-parse fucks it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Ben Smash posted:

Is that a scene from the movie?

Yeah Trainspotting

• Locked thread