Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Nobody else has made one yet and there is football in less than 12 hours so I'm gonna half effortpost this. College football is back. There are two games this weekend. An amuse bouche for what's to come over the next four months.

Friday:
Cal and Hawaii are down under in Sydney, Australia and will kick off at 10PM Eastern on ESPN. Presumably they will be playing by Aussie rules.

The Sydney Morning Herald desperately wants you to be hype about this

Saturday:
The FCS season will kick off with the NDSU Bison hosting Charleston Southern in the Fargodome at 7:30PM Eastern on ESPN.

Mullets will be petted, points will be scored.

Most importantly, gently caress a Panther, gently caress a Hawk, gently caress a Horned Frog, gently caress a San Jose Spartan, gently caress a Baylor, gently caress a Cowboy, gently caress a Longhorn, gently caress a BYE, gently caress a Wildcat, gently caress a Sooner, gently caress a Jayhawk, gently caress a Red Raider (with protection), and gently caress a Mountaineer. I hate all of you. God Bless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Yay, it's here!

Also, for anyone who doesn't know about it yet: http://lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

Is an excellent way to know what games are going to be on.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS

I. Thou shalt know what "over/under" and "the spread" mean
II. If thou art making a webpage, Make It http://www.fire[yourcoachhere].us
III. Honor the Saturday and don't make other plans
IV. Honor Thy PAWL
V. Thou Shall drink as much as possible at all times
VI. Thou Shall Not be BigHerm
VII. Thou Shall Never root for the Buckeyes
VIII. Thou Shall believe in the Miracle in Mississippi
IX. Thy National Anthem: Colonel Reb is Crying
X. Thou Shall Not take college football too seriously

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

CaptainYesterday posted:

X. Thou Shall Not take college football too seriously

You have me until this point.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

CaptainYesterday posted:

X. Thou can't take college football too seriously

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

CaptainYesterday posted:

V. Thou Shall drink as much as possible at all times
Wasn't this rule 12 before? I feel like there were more rules that no one cared about.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

kayakyakr posted:

You have me until this point.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Incoherence posted:

Wasn't this rule 12 before? I feel like there were more rules that no one cared about.

Rule 12 is the only rule I'm still aware of.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

kayakyakr posted:

Also, for anyone who doesn't know about it yet: http://lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

This site is the best. I get a real satisfaction googling "college football schedule" and scrolling past the ESPN links to click this instead. It's the most straight forward, no-nonsense, and comprehensive list of games and TV availability. I actually e-mailed the guy who runs it last year to thank him - he's doing the lord's work.

B.F. Hoodrich
May 16, 2006
welp
looks like SPORT'S back on the menu boys :getin:

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I'm rock hard

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

death is coming for ohio state and it comes at the hands of bowling green

buddhanc posted:

I'm rock hard

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

ALL RISE FOR YOUR NATIONAL ANTHEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n1KPQmdddY

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Thoguh posted:

Rule 12 is the only rule I'm still aware of.

I want to say "Reggie Ball is the worst quarterback of all time" was a rule eventually. Also that the Mike Valenti "MAKE PLAYS" rant after MSU-ND 2006 was mandatory listening.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
As long as Rule 12 is adapted into that list of Commandments I'm okay with it

Praise be to college football

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I'm so excited

college loving football is back

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Gonna HAIL XORT tonight with all the beer.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

rip wheez

go cougs, bitch

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Taking bets on how empty this stadium is going to be. Side pots on how long the people filming this try to frame the shots to make it look full before they just give up.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Incoherence posted:

The original rules have lost meaning over time. I've adapted a few that I know have been TFF standards for my Ten Commandments.

For the record, the traditional fifth commandment is Thou Shalt Not Kill, so I figured the most important law handed by Xort should be that one.

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
I can't wait and encourage teams to keep playing in stupid places so the season can start earlier each year.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
hell yeah

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
My body is ready

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Warbird posted:

Taking bets on how empty this stadium is going to be. Side pots on how long the people filming this try to frame the shots to make it look full before they just give up.

From what I've read they expect around 60,000 people there in a ~80,000 person stadium so it shouldn't be THAT bad. That is based on ticket sales though, so who knows how many people actually show up.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

DJExile posted:

rip wheez

go cougs, bitch

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Gonna enjoy some football this year, and try not to cry when USC gets crushed by Bama

We survived the offseason :unsmith:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Anything happen in the offseason?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

effectual posted:

Investigations into the Baylor rape case exposed their massive culture problem, destroyed their recruiting, and got Art Briles fired, the Big 12 is going to expand and is still considering who they're going to let in, Texas A&M melted down, and Ole Miss is in a lot of trouble with the NCAA.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

effectual posted:

Zaxby's has been ruined. I went there the other day to get a Zaxby's Club 7.80 after tax and they downsized the loving thing, don't get as many fries and didn't get a pickle. 20 piece of tenders used to be like 14 they are now 19.99 gently caress that I will never go back.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
The Nitty Gritty is a Madison institution. Food is ok, and the beer selection ain't the greatest. Also, it's too close to the Kohl Center to make getting timely service a possibility, and too far away from Camp Randall to pregame.

The reason the Gritty is beloved is because on your birthday from 11 AM to midnight, they give you a souvenir mug with a baloon tied to it. You take the mug to the special birthday spot at the bar and get free beer right away. You can fill the mug as much as you want, until your friends drag you somewhere else.

Today is my birthday. I want that birthday mug not just for the free beer, but to big-time anyone wanting to watch the Packers preseason game to change it to real live college football because IT'S MY BIRTHDAY.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Coco13 posted:

The Nitty Gritty is a Madison institution. Food is ok, and the beer selection ain't the greatest. Also, it's too close to the Kohl Center to make getting timely service a possibility, and too far away from Camp Randall to pregame.

The reason the Gritty is beloved is because on your birthday from 11 AM to midnight, they give you a souvenir mug with a baloon tied to it. You take the mug to the special birthday spot at the bar and get free beer right away. You can fill the mug as much as you want, until your friends drag you somewhere else.

Today is my birthday. I want that birthday mug not just for the free beer, but to big-time anyone wanting to watch the Packers preseason game to change it to real live college football because IT'S MY BIRTHDAY.

Football being back is a pretty sweet birthday present.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
FOOTBALL! :woop:

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
DAVID

ASH

BITCH

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scionix posted:

DAVID

ASH

BITCH

REST

IN

PEACE

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

For like 2 minutes I thought "Oh boy I really liked watching Josh Rosen play, I can't wait to see him tonight" and then I realized I'm a dummy :smith:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

pillsburysoldier posted:

For like 2 minutes I thought "Oh boy I really liked watching Josh Rosen play, I can't wait to see him tonight" and then I realized I'm a dummy :smith:

are you not pumped for the Davis Webb Experience

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

kayakyakr posted:

Yay, it's here!

Is an excellent way to know what games are going to be on.

LSU really is the best.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Winkie01 posted:

Zaxby's has been ruined. I went there the other day to get a Zaxby's Club 7.80 after tax and they downsized the loving thing, don't get as many fries and didn't get a pickle. 20 piece of tenders used to be like 14 they are now 19.99 gently caress that I will never go back.

I finally dined at a Zaxby's and enjoyed the Zax sauce.

I also made a pilgrimage to Spanky's in Savannah to partake in the fountainhead of the chicken finger. Pretty sure everyone, literally everyone, makes a better chicken finger. That hobo that got Cleveland to draft Manziel probably makes better ones.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

guys

college football starts in an hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.F. Hoodrich
May 16, 2006
welp

Alaois posted:

guys

college football starts in an hour