Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
never had gin before and im gonna try some beefeater this weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drans
Sep 1, 2016
Ramrod XTreme

Jose posted:

anyone who mixes vodka with coke is a moron

Exactly this.

Gin's loving swole on a hot day with tonic lemon and nice. You can just bang it down

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

a good gin from a good post

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Alcohol is trash

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
I used to live in a very Dominican neighborhood in North Harlem. The old Dominican dudes would hang outside the liquor store where you were
Handed your purchase through a bulletproof lazy susan, and drink pints of cheap gin into which they poured table packets of iodized salt.

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)
bluecoat makes a barrel aged gin that's like... kind of bourbony too

the best of all possible worlds

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

I'm going to make me a Hendricks G+T right now.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Had 2 gins, switching to Tito's and tonic.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
On the scale of how much a liquor makes you mean, Gin is the clear winner.

drans
Sep 1, 2016
Ramrod XTreme

Withnail posted:

That's rum lad

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Jose posted:

tonic is also the superior vodka mixer and anyone who mixes vodka with coke is a moron

vodka is best mixed w/ either orange juice or red bull

vodka coke sounds disgusting. even moreso rhan vodka already is.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRzesfc0AMs

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Withnail posted:

i'm not sure if this is good or bad but you never see people get angry and smash/toss a gin and tonic on tv so i assume good

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Two gins and two vodkas down. Going to open up a bottle of Chianti.

e: out of beer.

Otterspace
Jul 13, 2006

This is not a good idea.
Agave>Juniper

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Otterspace posted:

Agave>Juniper

i like the taste of tequila but the smell makes me feel ill

gin also mixes well with orange juice and ginger beer and most things. its a top, top spirit suitable for all occasions but in particular when you want to sit in the garden in the sun after work

clitical hit
Nov 21, 2015

Vegas thanks you, and also urges you to come back and spend more money here. :agesilaus:

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
This summer I drank a bottle of Napue gin with my cousin one evening. Good stuff. I'm more of a Scotch person but that was possibly the best gin I've tasted.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Biomute posted:

Personally, I'm looking for something juniper-forward, but smoother and more refined than Beefeater so my go-to is:

Nice. I always have a bottle of Plymouth at home. Try the navy strength version if you can.

Gin is just the best.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

sometimes i buy 1.5l of gilbys gin, and way less tonic water than i need, and i have gin and tonics for about 5 days or so, but then i run out of tonic water and i end up taking gin shots or gin that's neat and that's really gross but i still like gin more than vodka or whiskey but if i could afford good tequila i would just buy that i think

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm sure nobody cares, but when i started living alone i was excited to be able to make gin and tonics whenever i wanted. then it turned out that tonic is kind of pricey and ice is a hassle so i just had straight gin and spent a couple of year marinating myself. now i still love it but can't drink it anymore because once i start i can't stop which isn't really great now that i have responsibilities. anyways, that's my story, thanks for listening.

if anyone is ever in vermont get the smuggler's notch 802 gin. it's the best imo, better than tanq 10 or whatever

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Mozi posted:

i'm sure nobody cares, but when i started living alone i was excited to be able to make gin and tonics whenever i wanted. then it turned out that tonic is kind of pricey and ice is a hassle so i just had straight gin and spent a couple of year marinating myself. now i still love it but can't drink it anymore because once i start i can't stop which isn't really great now that i have responsibilities. anyways, that's my story, thanks for listening.

if anyone is ever in vermont get the smuggler's notch 802 gin. it's the best imo, better than tanq 10 or whatever

I would like to introduce you to something that might change your life.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm going to drink a gin and tonic soon since i've finished work for the week. only gordon's because i wasn't after fancy gin so it was the cheapest available

if the weather is good tomorrow might have gone while cutting the grass

BluJay
Oct 1, 2004

I've got my eye on the finish line
I love gin, everyone should go drink gin. It mixes well with any kind of citrus, ginger, or lots of herbal stuff. I'm cheap and Trader Joe's has a very drinkable gin for $7. Gonna drink some more when I get home from work.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

OctoberBlues posted:

I would like to introduce you to something that might change your life.

ugh what a hassle

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

For those of you looking for an amazing yet inexpensive gin:

No joke, it makes better G&T than Sapphire, and here in Wisconsin you can get a 1.75l bottle for less than $20.

Another pro tip: The quality of tonic is way more important to a good G&T than the quality of gin.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Sep 3, 2016

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Infidel Castro posted:

For those of you looking for an amazing yet inexpensive gin:

No joke, it makes better G&T than Sapphire, and here in Wisconsin you can get a 1.75l bottle for less than $20.

Another pro tip: The quality of tonic is way more important to a good G&T than the quality of gin.

what this means that you do not actually like gin, because that is a pretty terrible gin.

which is fine! not everybody has to like everything, no shame in it. but the thing that makes gin is juniper and new amsterdam has about as much juniper as my left nut. so not terrible like "badly distilled" or "will give you a raging hangover", just not really gin.

OTOH it's fine as a floral & citrus flavored not-gin and it makes a good bloody mary (just enough botanicals to complement rather than clash, I wouldn't want to use a broker's or plymouth for that). and it's cheap! good as a mixer.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Gin is cool. I don't know a ton of different gins but most everything is good in a G&T. I like the herbal taste of Bombay Blue Sapphire so that's been my poison lately.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Klyith posted:

what this means that you do not actually like gin, because that is a pretty terrible gin.

which is fine! not everybody has to like everything, no shame in it. but the thing that makes gin is juniper and new amsterdam has about as much juniper as my left nut. so not terrible like "badly distilled" or "will give you a raging hangover", just not really gin.

OTOH it's fine as a floral & citrus flavored not-gin and it makes a good bloody mary (just enough botanicals to complement rather than clash, I wouldn't want to use a broker's or plymouth for that). and it's cheap! good as a mixer.

hmm wonder what this thread is all abou-

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

radiatinglines posted:

hmm wonder what this thread is all abou-

alcoholism

but in a charming british way! nobody ever told Churchill he needed an intervention.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
my buddy used to drink between 0.5-1L of lime twisted seagrams several days a week, he still might idk I moved

this is what this thread is about right

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Klyith posted:

I said it's a great mixing gin. If I'm having gin straight I go with Sapphire.

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS
Hendricks is my kinda Christmas tree, OP

gently caress vodka; Gin is the win!

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Leopold's is my favorite but I never see it anywhere so I usually just get Sapphire or Sapphire East.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the whether is not good today so i'll cut the grass and not drink anything alcoholic :thumbsup:

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

ah yes, gin the new retard hipster wannabe sophisticate idiot drink.
I'm clad that there is some new variation to this after the "what whiskeys do you got? No not that, don't you have anything that my friends havent tasted yet?" period
still good money

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
People say they don't like gin until you make them an Aviation and don't tell them what's in it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its raining so i won't be cutting the grass or drinking any gin today

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I don't drink that often but Bombay Sapphire tastes like colonialism and tolerated misery, which gin should.

Don't like Tanqueray much

• Locked thread