Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Jose posted:

its raining so i won't be cutting the grass or drinking any gin today

condolences. i drank some gin yesterday, if that helps

sat through some short talk by a gin maker on gin recently. apparently basically all gin distilleries buy in really high-proof spirit and then water it down - distilled or spring water depending on maker - before infusing it with juniper etc. this surprised me because for some reason i thought everything was just sort of mashed up with juniper, fermented, and distilled direct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Flower wine rules.

Forward Toward
Aug 14, 2015

No Tank You. not today tanks. Tank you very much.

TANK TANK TANK

VRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I'm the wheelbarrow

etherealshaq
Mar 6, 2010

COME DOWN AND EAT CHICKEN WITH ME, BEAUTIFUL. IT'S SOOOOOOOOOO DARK
the only two gins you need are boodles and St. George terroir

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

i like tanqueray because its in that snoop dog song

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Make a French 75 you won't regret it.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Fagmaster posted:

ah yes, gin the new retard hipster wannabe sophisticate idiot drink.
I'm clad that there is some new variation to this after the "what whiskeys do you got? No not that, don't you have anything that my friends havent tasted yet?" period
still good money

This would have been a good post 5 years ago.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Biomute posted:

This would have been a good post 5 years ago.

no it wouldn't

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Klyith posted:

alcoholism

but in a charming british way! nobody ever told Churchill he needed an intervention.

what americans call a cause for an intervention, the british call for a cause for a bacon sandwich

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Whorelord posted:

what americans call a cause for an intervention, the british call for a bacon sandwich

Ha funny because it's true.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Ha funny because it's true.

i use the ambulances that pick me up after i've decided to sleep on a train platform (because of gin) as a free taxi

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
send me some norfolk gin mate

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

the guy who makes it sends us free bottles every time my charity puts an event on as a prize so I'll pretend we have one coming up

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Jose posted:

is generally always better than vodka.

gently caress. Off.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

The General posted:

Hendricks shaken with ice, and garnished with an olive brined in vermouth is the best martini.

lol at shaking gin

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
i don't get drunk often but when I do I trash myself very thoroughly using various hipster ciders and ales

so yeah I don't think you can get fruity tasting gin so it's just not my cup of tea

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

It tastes like Christmas jizz but I love it.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
i just don't get the appeal of hard liquor for the sake of itself

like tequila is nice, sure, but literally 60% of that experience is the lime. why you would guzzle vodka down when you can get drunk pretty well consuming something that actually tastes decent is beyond me

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
i guess I would be a big cocktail person if they didn't charge loving ten pounds for a Bloody Mary or whatever

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

The French Army! posted:

Make a French 75 you won't regret it.

Put st germain in it

Also get a Ramos gin fizz, King of cocktails, but only from somewhere that knows how to make it and has smth better than tanqueray

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Lichy posted:

like tequila is nice, sure, but literally 60% of that experience is the lime. why you would guzzle vodka down when you can get drunk pretty well consuming something that actually tastes decent is beyond me

when you need your thinky parts to hush for nap-naps for like a year because you're real sad, price becomes an issue

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

Lichy posted:

jesus christ are you a moron... it's loving math dipshit

1.5oz=12oz

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Lichy posted:

People delude themselves into "liking" hard liquor in order to seem sophisticated

Naylenas
Sep 11, 2003

I was out of my head so it was out of my hands

Like that other guy said, find some barrel aged ("old tom") gin.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Gin tastes like an old man took a long bath with some pine needles and then they drained the tub, took out the tub, and put it between two boxes to squeeze out the old man pine tree liquid that seeped into the tub and fermented that into gin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

AugmentedVision posted:

People delude themselves into "liking" hard liquor in order to seem sophisticated

Yeah. I just do a shot of cheap tequila to get the buzz going. Sipping booze is gross.

• Locked thread