Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

confirming that i am vanilla town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

is there a canonical song selection for each stage

green hill zone's should be Live and Learn ofc

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Li Dawny posted:

I have one request, feel free to disregard it as I have no right to make demands on how you all play, but I would super appreciate it if we could play this game without personal attacks on eachother. Not pointing fingers, but some of us can get a little...overly aggressive, and I'd like this to be a small scale experiment on if we really have to be mean to play Mafia.

I mean sure but also maybe you didn't draft the right players

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Samfucius posted:

oh yeah ##vote pmom

hmm?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I what?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

falco's a garbage character and i'm glad he's dead

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

also true

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

rules without an enforcement mechanism are just intellectual masturbation :angel:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

please enjoy kpop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwmSjveL3Lc

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

that's a garbage vote a :geno:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Samfucius posted:

That the gently caress kinda tone is this

He's right. Look at the list of players - scum pbs could have killed half a dozen people and said something like "playing with diqnol makes me sad" or whatever and nobody would have blinked an eye

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

We're not posting because you motivated us

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

People do things for fun.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Li Dawny posted:

That doesn't make it smart.

sure, but being a scold to people who aren't playing strictly to maximise their chances to win isn't going to help anyone win the game

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

lmao at ar's "i have in an envelope two scummy names", who does he think he's kidding

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

Anyone else not reading the thread need to weigh in

the call has been answered

SirSamVimes posted:

##vote spiros

Declaring you're going to be putting less effort into the game because people disagree with your D1 case seems like you're giving yourself an excuse to check out.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

You can call people name without involving me thanks

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

JakeP posted:

##vote taste

Diqnol and taste are so focused on this one thing (to the point diqnol says it would take something epic to get him to change his vote) that is the most null tell ever. loving town vig instantly shoots off his vig and hits town, WELL I NEVER!

I would vote either of them at this point, but taste is trying to twist it into something it isnt, and its been a gradual evolution to get there. He started off by saying "At the worst its a stupid anti-town move!" and now he has evolved that to "It is scummy!" Dude is just trying to feign scum hunting by going after someone who made a faux pas, and usually the people doing that are more likely scum than the player who just goes and kills someone immediately.

Right, ok, I think I see what Taste is saying.

Taste said both

Tremendous Taste posted:

It was *at best* a stupid, careless anti-town move, and in that scenario I don't think we're losing much relative to the benefit of it being the former scenario
and

Tremendous Taste posted:

Murdering a town player for no reason is scummy

but Jake is making an argument based on misreading that first Taste post, which, whatever - misreads happen

but when Taste points out that Jake didn't read the post correctly, Jake is just doubling down instead of going back and reevaluating. He doesn't care about Taste's actual post history, he's looking for a case to push.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

JakeP posted:

saying a best he is anti-town town is not calling him scum

It is though. It means "(Capps is probably scum but) at best she's anti-town."

Are you just uncomfortable with the idea that someone might be expressing uncertainty in mafia? This is weird.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Truth Quark posted:

Why is Jake suddenly the focus? This is not "hyper defensive" or whatever.

he's posting dishonest garbage is the reason he's the focus?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I don't understand why everyone is so quick to go on and speculate based on obvious fakeclaims

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Everyone has a brawl ability because we need to be able to participate in fights. People have said that they don't have home abilities.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

don't even care if he's scum tbh ##vote jimson

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh, right, deadline today so; I think I'm ok in combat?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Li Dawny posted:

First thing jumping out at me is PMom. Twice they posted about how they don't care that town is dead, or if they lynch someone who's town. Their only actual input is about Jake being scummy for defending his point of view, which is weird, and provided almost nothing in support. They regurgitated Taste's thoughts and left it at that, then voted Jimson with no rational whatsoever.

I guess I explained the Jake thing poorly? My problem with his posting isn't that he stuck to his guns, it's that he stuck to his guns after it was demonstrated that the point he was making was based on a misreading. I think he was invested in just Pushing A Case regardless of what it was

my rationale for voting Jimson is him coming in and reminding us of the incoherent garbage we can expect from him

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

JakeP posted:

it wasnt

It was a basic point of grammar where you took an expression to mean the opposite of its plain meaning

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Spiros posted:

Pmom - Don't trust the poster, can play a very good scum game. Too early to say, goes in the Keane bucket. Leaning town fwiw.
This is weird, I'm p. sure consensus is that I'm a garbage scum player.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Spiros posted:

I remember you wool eyesing me before, the impression has lasted the span of years.

What was the game where you paid me a weird compliment day 1 and ended up being scum, I can't remember which one it was

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

JakeP posted:

nah i reexplained it a page ago

JakeP posted:

taste you misunderstood my point at the time

you are making it like I said that you said "PBS is town" and then changed it to "PBS is scum"

but what I was saying is you started as saying "at best PBS is bad town" which you graduated to PBS is scum.

I was never saying it was a contradiction, I was just saying you elevated the alignment read to be more severe

Now I admit that is a weak read, but it was my feeling at the time

nope, you still don't understand what words mean

"at best PBS is bad town" is synonymous to "PBS is probably scum"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

What was the game where you paid me a weird compliment day 1 and ended up being scum, I can't remember which one it was

I may have gotten this confused with the time you called me out for claiming VT in Hiphopfia 1.5? I still have a vivid memory of you giving me a weird compliment and flipping scum one time but I may have made it up :shrug:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Samfucius posted:

This is a ballsy claim. "He's acting aloof-dismissive instead of ennui-dismissive" does not ring true to me at all.

I don't like this post at all

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

It's an attempt to reframe capps' point to make it look ridiculous

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:shrug: + dwi

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote sam

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

right
##vote samfucius

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Samfucius posted:

Have we even interacted since joke phase? Care to explain?

You're alternately awkward and disingenuous.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I have more of a scum read on sam and a "jesus gently caress it's jimson" read on jimson so I'm sticking with sam for now, but will switch obvi

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote jimson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

We probably want to focus our side's attack on someone other than tithin

Chic Trombone posted:

also: p sure tithin is scum. I have the approach power too and I seriously doubt two town on this side both have that ability. I was keeping it quiet because an extra combatant is a powerful thing (even though it's a trade off in that i'd have a lower combat ability as an extra person) to have but like i said there's noooo wayyyy two town in this thread can do that bc unbalanced

• Locked thread