Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You killed the best person itt wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Why did you waste your vig on a good poster when you had no read

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote capps

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

more than she deserves

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I think this matches capps' scum style pretty easily, but tbh I don't really care if she's not. We're immediately at a disadvantage both from losing a town player and from wasting a vig that could have made a real difference later in a game that hinges on having just that one more player to send into battle

It was *at best* a stupid, careless anti-town move, and in that scenario I don't think we're losing much relative to the benefit of it being the former scenario

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

well yes obviously, but she isn't

what I'm trying to say is that the *risk* of her being a shotless vig that we mislynch isn't enough to stop me from wanting to lynch her from scummy behavior

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Truth Quark posted:

Meta reads are bad

the face of autism

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

1 - capps rolls scum
2- capps says/does something scummy d1/2
3- people argue it's too scummy to be scum
4- I vote capps and yell otherwise until lurkers vote capps and everyone else relents in disgust
5- capps flips scum

this has happened like 4 times in the past year or two

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I think it even happened this drat month

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Li Dawny posted:

Well we have two days until the deadline and turboing is never a town play.

there are three votes on our leader.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Spiros posted:

I won't be moving my vote from Capps barring a very compelling reason.

the fact that we agree isn't compelling enough?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Moatillata posted:

Counterpoint. Capps did the exact same thing in another game I was in with her this month - scummy weird behavior viged town and then she flipped town.

Going by ~~meta~~ poor decisions are null tell for her

your meta read, perhaps. I'm not as bad at it

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i want to be clear that wasn't a joke

i can't case anyone worth a poo poo but I'm pretty decent at discerning motive and pattern recognition

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

gulag is a strong town player if you actually read their posts

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

*runs the first tenth of a mile*

WHOA GOTTA PACE MYSELF HOLD ON

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Truth Quark posted:

Just keep stroking your own dick there Taste, you'll get there eventually.

I better take a five minute break between strokes, I don't want to cum too soon

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Diqnol you may not be the anime gently caress pillow of old but you're a drat aight better than this contingent

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Truth Quark posted:

Someone page me when there's an argument that doesn't involve years of playing with the same three people tia

Murdering a town player for no reason is scummy

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Simple meta based on small sample size will fail you

A more comprehensive meta based on knowledge of personality, tendencies, dozens of games worth of history is different

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Alternatively, being able to read more than just literally

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Turboing can be pro town, especially in situations with motivated large scumteams or players like myself who can weasel out of solid lynches

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don't see that here

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:eyepop:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Try reading that again, Jake. It didn't say what you thought it did.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

I think this matches capps' scum style pretty easily, but tbh I don't really care if she's not. We're immediately at a disadvantage both from losing a town player and from wasting a vig that could have made a real difference later in a game that hinges on having just that one more player to send into battle

It was *at best* a stupid, careless anti-town move, and in that scenario I don't think we're losing much relative to the benefit of it being the former scenario

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Followed by a full day of saying Capps is scum, which started the whole meta argument. Are you not reading?

Disagree with me as you please but your vote is founded on things I never said. In truth, I said quite the opposite

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

JakeP posted:

I would vote either of them at this point, but taste is trying to twist it into something it isnt, and its been a gradual evolution to get there. He started off by saying "At the worst its a stupid anti-town move!" and now he has evolved that to "It is scummy!" Dude is just trying to feign scum hunting by going after someone who made a faux pas, and usually the people doing that are more likely scum than the player who just goes and kills someone immediately.

Bonding mine obviously.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You haven't really been paying attention if you're town, and your poo poo is weak if you're scum, so I'm not inclined to give you the time of day

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don't see scum diqnol motivation here at all

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Li Dawny posted:

That's not the point. The point is he is going to be gone for the rest of the game and is completely useless in the brawls if he's not around.

Didn't he only say he'd post less?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Truth Quark posted:

Motivation for what, exactly? The only thing he's accused of is posting like he has a checklist of town things to do. I've been more satisfied with his more recent posting but the early posts still rub me the wrong way.

He's argued pretty heavily against Capps and not a whole lot else.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah cpig's move was pretty dumb, glowku

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Anyone else not reading the thread need to weigh in

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

JakeP posted:

I like how taste tries to dismiss anyone whose opinion differs from him as not reading the thread.

I apologize, you must have just read really really sloppily to confuse my position for the opposite.

I also assume glowku knows exactly who is being discussed, rather than see "Capps" and latch on to cap pig is innocent!!! for a nothing vote

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

JakeP posted:

I never confused your position for the opposite? I never said anywhere that I thought you were in the PBS is town camp learn to read dick rag

Taste: best case scenario Capps is bad town

Jake: taste said worst case scenario Capps is bad town, and now he says Capps is scum what a change!!!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's literally the exact opposite word

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's weird that when I explicitly mention your error you're nowhere to be found both times

You gonna address it when you come back this time?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bad

What do you people think of Jake not owning up to being an idiot

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Jake, address why I said "Capps is X," you changed what I said to "Capps is not X" in order to justify your vote, and have since refused to back down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You either intentionally misrepresented me or didn't actually read carefully and I want you to own up to which it was.

• Locked thread