Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Hello and welcome to Super SMASH Soldiers, a Mafia variant game!

Signup Thread Link: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3787632
Opposing Thread Link: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788071

The Basics
This game will consist of two separate twenty-player threads, for a total of forty players. Each thread will be a standard game of mafia. There are no third parties. There are two teams, a RED TEAM and a BLUE TEAM. The objective of the game is to kill the ruler of the opposing team's thread. In addition to normal mafia, each night phase will consist of a round of Smash between the two teams. There is a scum team in each thread that is aligned with the opposing team. Rulers should try to avoid putting scum in their brawl rosters, or bad things may happen!

Players will have a number of abilities that will be labeled as HOME or BRAWL abilities. HOME abilities can only be used when you are not involved in the brawl that night, and BRAWL abilities can only be used while involved in the brawl. Reading of the opposing thread is allowed and encouraged.

All standard Mafia rules are in play. Don't be a dick, please.

:siren: Lynches Community KOs are by MAJORITY, which means that a No-KO is possible! If one thread No-KOs, the other thread's ruler gets to pick one person from the thread to KO. :siren:

Rulers
Each thread will have a ruler in the form of either Master Hand or Crazy Hand. These rulers are mod confirmed town, and may not be targeted by the scum team for the night KO. In addition, the ruler of each team will know the scum team that is infiltrating the enemy army. This means Crazy Hand, the Red team ruler, will know who the Red team members are among Master Hand's Blue team. Rulers are also responsible for picking the stage of the next match, the combatants who enter each match, and a variety of other decisions that may or may not come into play as the matches progress. Rulers may not enter combat until they cannot field enough combatants, or they have an ability or stage that allows them to do so.

Brawling

Activity Flow
"DAY PHASE: Players may vote and use any HOME abilities that indicate they can be used during the day. By the end of the DAY phase, rulers must submit their brawl rosters to the mod. Brawling will consist of four members from each team. In addition, the loser of the previous brawl will choose the stage for the brawl. The DAY phase ends when both threads have performed a lynch Community KO or the deadline is up. The Community KO flips will be posted at the end of this phase.

PRELIMINARY PHASE: After each DAY, there will be a PRELIMINARY phase where the brawl rosters and stage are posted. The thread will remain open during this time. During the PRELIMINARY phase, only Preliminary phase abilities may be used. This phase will be relatively short.

BRAWL PHASE: Once this phase begins, teams are finalized and the BRAWL begins. The thread will be closed during this phase. During the BRAWL phase, players may use HOME or BRAWL abilities depending on whether they are in the brawl or not. All players using abilities must submit their ability and any applicable targets to the mod, who will then work with the other mod to finalize brawl results, damage, and death. Any player who does not submit an action will not act at all."

Damage & Health
In Smash Bros, damage is done in percentages(%). As they take damage, players are more likely to be KO'd by abilities that hit them. In addition, some abilities have modifiers that increase or reduce the likelihood of death. These modifiers, in order of strength, are: slightly, greatly, significantly, vastly. There are also abilities than cannot KO, as well as moves that are instant KOs.

All players start at 0% health, and gain % as they take damage. % can go up to 999%, and KOs are generally guaranteed around the 110% damage range. While it normally takes multiple combat instances to reach a high enough % to be KO'd, Smash is a wild game and death may also happen at low percentages. :siren: At no time are you allowed to use a number to detail your current % in the thread! :siren: You may use qualifier such as hurt, very hurt, healthy, etc. to describe your status to your team. Each thread gets ONE warning for this before bad things start happening!

Rulers cannot be instantly KO'd, and have set HP Values. When a ruler takes enough damage, they are killed instantly.

Stages
In the following post, the possible stages will be listed, with stages that are no longer available to be chosen removed from the list of stages, and new ones rotated in. Each stage will only be usable once. The ruler of the thread who lost the most members in the previous combat is allowed to choose the stage each night. If losses were equal, the decider is picked at random.

1. CapitalistPig
  2. CCKeane
  3. dongsbot 9000
  4. Dugong
  5. GulagDolls
  6. Infinitum
  7. Iron Chef Ramen
  8. JakeP
  9. JimsonTheBetrayer
  10. Li Dawny
  11. Little Mac
  12. Mayor Glowku
  13. Moatillata
  14. PBS Newshour
  15. Pinterest Mom
  16. Samfucius
  17. SirSamVimes
  18. Spiros
  19. Tremendous Taste
  20. Truth Quark

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
STAGES

Wii Fit Studio
Any player in combat may opt to take this combat to meditate, foregoing any ability usage but healing 50% and taking only half damage this fight.

Magicant
Each team must send an additional combatant, who does triple damage but dies at the end of combat.

Final Destination
During the preliminary phase, each ruler may choose to enter the brawl when this stage is selected, regardless of their team size.

Super Mario Maker
A third party gets to decide what the condition of this map is. Creativity is power!

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Sep 13, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GulagDolls, Blue Team-Aligned (TOWN) Falco, has been KOed on Day 1!

The day continues.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Moatillata posted:

How was the date kash?

v good and back i go

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Little Mac posted:

Falco is not top tier in SSB4 so maybe it was 4 the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD_imYhNoQ4

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Votes in OP

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Pls don't do that and break votefinder

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Li Dawny posted:

YOU'RE NOT MY MOD!

:yeah:

KASHUNO posted:

Remember that each thread's ruler must submit a roster of FOUR brawlers before the Day Phase ends!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Votecount for Day 1

Samfucius (5): PBS Newshour, Truth Quark, Pinterest Mom, JakeP, Infinitum
JimsonTheBetrayer (3): PBS Newshour, PBS Newshour, Pinterest Mom, dongsbot 9000, JakeP, Pinterest Mom, JakeP, Samfucius, Spiros
Spiros (2): Samfucius, Truth Quark, SirSamVimes, SirSamVimes, Truth Quark, JimsonTheBetrayer, Samfucius, Dugong, Dugong, Dugong
Tremendous Taste (2): JakeP, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, Mayor Glowku, CapitalistPig, JakeP
Mayor Glowku (1): dongsbot 9000, SirSamVimes, dongsbot 9000, Samfucius, Samfucius
Infinitum (1): Truth Quark, dongsbot 9000, Truth Quark, dongsbot 9000, Iron Chef Ramen
Iron Chef Ramen (1): CCKeane, Infinitum, Infinitum
PBS Newshour (1): Infinitum, Tremendous Taste, Spiros, Tremendous Taste, Infinitum, Tremendous Taste, Spiros
SirSamVimes (0): Pinterest Mom, Pinterest Mom
CapitalistPig (0): dongsbot 9000, Li Dawny, dongsbot 9000, Li Dawny
JakeP (0): Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste
Dugong (0): Li Dawny, Li Dawny
Pinterest Mom (0): Samfucius, Samfucius

Not Voting (3): Li Dawny, Little Mac, Moatillata

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 29th, 2016 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 46 minutes.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
bummer guys.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dongsbot 9000, Blue Team-Aligned (TOWN) Wii Fit Trainer, has been KOed on Day 1!

BRAWL

Tonight's Brawl, chosen by MASTER HAND/Li Dawny, will take place on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYkf1euNFZI

GREEN HILL ZONE
All combatants may take two actions. Actions may be repeated. Please submit the actions in the following format
[first action]
[second action]

CCKeane, Mayor Glowku, Moatillata, PBS Newshour

VS

Bowmore, Chic Trombone, EccoRaven, King Burgundy

The Preliminary Phase has begun! If you have an action that states it can be used during the Preliminary Phase, you may use it now. You may also submit night actions early if so desired, but you run the risk of the situation changing.

The Preliminary Phase will last approximately 12 hours, until 9 AM Eastern time. The thread will remain open during this time - you may freely post.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

IRON CHEF RAMEN has joined the fray~

CCKeane, Mayor Glowku, Moatillata, PBS Newshour, Iron Chef Ramen

VS

Bowmore, Chic Trombone, EccoRaven, King Burgundy

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Samfucius posted:

Do we get role flips?

Negative

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

THE RULES ARE CLEAR, FINISH HER

you're better than this. Do it again and we will have problems.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tithin has joined the fray~

VS

Bowmore, Chic Trombone, EccoRaven, King Burgundy, Tithin

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Aug 30, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Atomic Soda has joined the fray~

VS

Bowmore, Chic Trombone, EccoRaven, King Burgundy, Tithin, Atomic Soda

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Aug 30, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
nvm

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm on the train this morning b u t

A smash ball on the field!

The first brawler to type ##grab gets POWERED UP this brawl

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
CCKEANE is POWERED UP!!!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Work busy, IT NIGHT 1

There is a formal post coming

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Night 1 begins. You have ~12 hours from this post (until 9 PM Eastern) to submit an action. If you are in the BRAWL, you may submit BRAWL actions. (Remember formatting due to the special stage effect!) If you are not in the BRAWL, you may submit a HOME action.

:siren:Stage:
Green Hill Zone
All combatants get two actions. Actions can be repeated.
Please submit the actions in the following format
[first action]
[second action]

Final Brawl Roster:

RED TEAM: Bowmore, Chic Trombone, EccoRaven, King Burgundy, tithin, Atomic Soda

VS

BLUE TEAM: CCKeane, Mayor Glowku, Moatillata, PBS Newshour, Iron Chef Ramen

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Infinitum has been replaced with Anomalous Amalgam

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Little Mac, Blue Team-Aligned (TOWN) Little Mac, was KOed Night 1!

BATTLE RESULTS

King Burgundy, Blue Team-Aligned (SCUM) Wario, was KOed
Tithin, Blue Team-Aligned (SCUM) Capt Falcon, was KOed
Mayor Glowku, Blue Team-Aligned (TOWN) Ryu, was KOed
PBS Newshour, Blue Team-Aligned (TOWN) Pikachu, was KOed

CCKeane, Red Team-Aligned (SCUM) Villager, was KOed
Chic Trombone, Red Team-Aligned(TOWN) Sonic, was KOed

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Aug 31, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Go hog wild??? I can't open the other thread at this time so waiting on podima for that

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
P.S. To the dead, I've been helping my new roommate move in and haven't had a chance to send the dead doc link. I will do so in the AM

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

I took care of this poo poo 4 u :sad:

Tbf I would've had time to get it out if you weren't drunk in the doc trying to "help" :wink:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

I have never played a smash bros game ever.

gently caress you.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Iron Chef Ramen, Blue Team-Aligned (TOWN) Bowser Jr., has been KOed on Day 1!

BRAWL

Tonight's Brawl, chosen by CRAZY HAND/Absurd Revolver, will take place on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTqj_hZpz88

GOLDEN PLAINS (my personal fave stage in smash and music)
Each hand will secretly choose one player to make invincible for the upcoming combat. The invincible targets are not informed.

Anomalous Amalgam, CapitalistPig, Dugong, JakeP

VS

Atomic Soda, Bowmore, EccoRaven, RetroFuturist

The Preliminary Phase has begun! If you have an action that states it can be used during the Preliminary Phase, you may use it now. You may also submit night actions early if so desired, but you run the risk of the situation changing.

The Preliminary Phase will last approximately 12 hours, until 9 AM Eastern time. The thread will remain open during this time - you may freely post.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Night 2 begins. You have ~12 hours from this post (9PM EST) to submit an action. If you are in the BRAWL, you may submit BRAWL actions. If you are not in the BRAWL, you may submit a HOME action.

BRAWL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTqj_hZpz88

GOLDEN PLAINS (my personal fave stage in smash and music)
Each hand will secretly choose one player to make invincible for the upcoming combat. The invincible targets are not informed.

Anomalous Amalgam, CapitalistPig, Dugong, JakeP

VS

Atomic Soda, Bowmore, EccoRaven, RetroFuturist

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I have been made aware my PMs are full. You now have the ability to send me PMs again.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Spiros, Blue Team-Aligned (TOWN) Mario , was KOed Night 2!

BATTLE RESULTS

:siren:NO CONTEST:siren:

DAY THREE BEGINS NOW

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:siren: A new stage has been added to the rotation :siren:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Manual Vote Count, Lurkers Edition
Players needed to KO: 7

Jimson - 4 - CapitalistPig, Truth Quark, Samfucius, JakeP

CapitalistPig - 4 - Dugong, Pinterest Mom, JimsonTheBetrayer, Li Dawny
SirSamVimes - 2 - Moatillata, Anomalous Amalgam

Moatillata - 1 - SirSamVimes

Players not voting: Tremendous Taste

Deadline: Monday September 5th, 9:00 PM EDT

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Sep 6, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:siren: it is 7 to lunch not 6 sorry

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Cpig is -1

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
cpig pls edit and blank that post

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:h::h::h::h::h:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig, Blue Team-Aligned (TOWN) Rosalina & Luma, has been KOed on Day 3!

BRAWL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=empSI5CPq6w

WRECKING CREW
Each hand will secretly choose one player NOT IN THE BRAWL on their side to deal 30% to. The target is not publicly announced.

:siren:
Anomalous Amalgam, JimsonTheBetrayer, PinterestMom, Truth Quark

VS

Atomic Soda, EccoRaven, Flerp, Iajanus

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Night 3 begins. You have ~12 hours from this post (9PM EST) to submit an action. If you are in the BRAWL, you may submit BRAWL actions. If you are not in the BRAWL, you may submit a HOME action.

BRAWL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=empSI5CPq6w

WRECKING CREW
Each hand will secretly choose one player NOT IN THE BRAWL on their side to deal 30% to. The target is not publicly announced.

Anomalous Amalgam, JimsonTheBetrayer, PinterestMom, Truth Quark

VS

Atomic Soda, EccoRaven, Flerp, Iajanus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP, Blue Team-Aligned (TOWN) Palutena , was KOed Night 3!

BATTLE RESULTS

Pinterest Mom, Red Team-Aligned(SCUM) Sheik, was KOed Night 3:

DAY FOUR BEGINS NOW. Tonight's stage will be chosen by Li Dawny

:siren:Please do not post until you see the red thread open.:siren:

• Locked thread