Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Hello my beautiful subjects....and despicable traders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

loving phone, traitor*

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I assumed when it auto-filled it knew what I was trying to say.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I have one request, feel free to disregard it as I have no right to make demands on how you all play, but I would super appreciate it if we could play this game without personal attacks on eachother. Not pointing fingers, but some of us can get a little...overly aggressive, and I'd like this to be a small scale experiment on if we really have to be mean to play Mafia.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

I mean sure but also maybe you didn't draft the right players

I have a lot of people I don't really know in here, and I'm excited to learn about them. I'm not saying we have to be nice and polite all of the time, but there's no reason to bring kids/SO's/personal issues into Mafia. That's all I'm asking. And I can't force it, all I can do is 'disappointed mom look'.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Why would you do that PMom?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Truth Quark posted:

What PBS' thing a real action or ... ?

Well fake actions are (usually) against the rules, so I assume so.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

What the eff PBS?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Why did we shoot the bird? Was he attack an child?

PBS is refusing to answer.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

This is going past annoying and heading for infuriating. Can we please have an answer?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

PBS Newshour posted:

vigs make me incredibly anxious and i try to use them quickly so i don't have to think about them and gulag said the thing so i thought i would kill him!!

I don't even know what to say to this.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

It falls in line with PBS reasoning.

That doesn't make it less crappy of reasoning.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Should have waited for Li Dawny to comment on whether to thunderbolt his rear end tho

Hey yo LiD, I can potentially KO someone if the Stage is Green Hill Zone

Good to know. Thank you.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

You may be dying soon Infi, if so I'm sorry.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Well that'd suck cause I'm a healer

I'm keeping up on both threads and it seems like Birdstrike is planning on murderlating you.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

PBS Newshour posted:

also didn't someone in this thread already claim vt, not everyone has home ablities probably while everyone has brawl ablities

PMom claimed VT, but I don't know if everyone has an ability...I can try and ask Kash when he returns from his date, but there's no guarantee that he'll answer.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Okay, whatever 'cannon' he's talking about apparently broke, so...

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Li Dawny posted:

Okay, whatever 'cannon' he's talking about apparently broke, so...

That totally says 'catapult'.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm guessing birbstrike is making a joke about the last soldiers game where someone claimed a catapult ability (that didn't actually exist)

I didn't know this was a thing, thanks for letting me know. I'll keep an eye on it. Infi! You have a job should you choose to accept it. I sleep through the Aussie day, and I don't know how active the red thread is going to be (during my) overnight. I still plan to read it, but if you could put together a summery before 0800 EST I'd super appreciate it. Not mandatory, but I'd really like it.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Moatillata posted:

Are you going to issue us an SOP lil D? What at the laws of this land

There aren't many laws. Love thy neighbor, don't do stupid crap, be vague/limited with your claims (100% guarantee AR is keeping up on this thread), mention your plans before you act them out (but I'll forgive as I always do if you had a good reason), and don't make me feel like I want to strangle people.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Okay, it is pasta my bread time. Goodnight dears, either sleep well or (for those on different schedules) have a good day.

SirSamVimes posted:

should probably add "don't lurk" to that

Yeah, and this. I won't defend a lurker.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Morning guys.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

This turned into a giant cluster real fast. I'm not sure about lynching PBS because that's seems like a really dumb move for scum to make, but that's WIFOM as hell, so I don't really know what to think.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Hey lildondon. If I convince my wife to be down with a 4some are you and AR down?

Depends, what kinks do you have? We'd have to flush out a safe word, and I'm not comfortable losing more than a pint of blood at one time...

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I really don't think the PBS lynch is a good idea. It won't give us any information and it's more likely that she's town than scum.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Tremendous Taste posted:

1 - capps rolls scum
2- capps says/does something scummy d1/2
3- people argue it's too scummy to be scum
4- I vote capps and yell otherwise until lurkers vote capps and everyone else relents in disgust
5- capps flips scum

this has happened like 4 times in the past year or two

Well we have two days until the deadline and turboing is never a town play.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Moatillata posted:

Lil D are you gonna go the way of the Starks and be the hammer on all of your exec--- KOs? Because that would b p :black101:

I wouldn't say that, I'm just really...meticulous with my votes(had to think of a word other than methodical).

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I don't like meta arguments because how someone plays is based on so much more than alignment. Two days ago I was playing like a giant oval office because I was overly emotional and stressed out, today I'm playing completely differently because the things that stressed me out are (somewhat) resolved.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Samfucius posted:

Oh poo poo whaddup

Also the other thread is boring garbage right now

AR's trying to get them motivated, but the down side to having (most of) the Austrailian population is that they're not around much during (our) daytime and at night...they seem less than focused.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Spiros posted:

I'm sure I could find it through votefinder but I don't remember offhand, sorry

Btw peoplefolk this is my apex posting for the whole game, after today I won't be on a computer at all and gently caress mafia phone poo poo

I play exclusively from my phone so pardon my hatred of this bull poo poo excuse to lurk.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Spiros posted:

I'm just telling you what's going to happen, what you do with that is up to you

Why would you sign up for a game you're not going to play?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Little Mac posted:

Cloud is only playable in Smash4.

I would gladly turbo Diqnol because that would be funny. I think we should only kill fun and established players.

Which means I'll die somewhere near the end of the game.

There is no town reason to turbo.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

People do things for fun.

That doesn't make it smart.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

There is also no town reason to dayvig at the start of day 1, especially in a soldiers game where immediately losing a player places us at a disadvantage relative to the red team.

Little Mac isn't talking about turboing PBS though, he's talking about Spiros. I understand the reasoning, because wtf dude, but still.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

sure, but being a scold to people who aren't playing strictly to maximise their chances to win isn't going to help anyone win the game

I'm not trying to scold, and I'm sorry if it came off that way, I just kinda remember Little Mac being new(ish, unless I'm wrong and if so, apologies) and wanted to point it out.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Okay, apparently Little Mac isn't new I've just never seen them in my three months of playing. My bad.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Tremendous Taste posted:

Turboing can be pro town, especially in situations with motivated large scumteams or players like myself who can weasel out of solid lynches

But without the scum hunting part it's basically just a random numbers game.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Honestly we should just lynch Spiros.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Tremendous Taste posted:

I don't see scum diqnol motivation here at all

That's not the point. The point is he is going to be gone for the rest of the game and is completely useless in the brawls if he's not around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Spiros posted:

I'm sure I could find it through votefinder but I don't remember offhand, sorry

Btw peoplefolk this is my apex posting for the whole game, after today I won't be on a computer at all and gently caress mafia phone poo poo

This pretty much says "I'm not posting anymore" to me.

• Locked thread