Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I quit mafia prematurely because my classes don't start for like 10 more days. Also I missed you all.

So what up bitches, who's ready to kick some rear end? Let me hear a hell yeah!

Anyhow my hot takes are diqnol might be scum since Keane ended up being scum. Also I don't like TQ or Moats posting.

Still catching up, but I think they're scum.

Also inf you played like a loving turd lol. Sleep easy tho fuccboi, the kang is back... At least momentarily.

##vote Spiros

Let's get this show on the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also I'll probably primarily post during the day. Right now is an exception because i got roped into moving a giant outdated TV and am phone posting away from home, but my evening's consist of daddy duties and with limited window of time I have after satisfying those duties. I will be playing legion as well. Just saying. Don't misconstrue this for lack of participation because I'm about to blow this game out the loving water, just letting you all know how it's going down.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tremendous Taste posted:

er, what's the diq keane link

Keane said he didn't think he was scum, diq said he wouldn't case him til d3 if they both made it. Seems like artificial thought from Spiros, and I don't think Keane was on anyone's radar and he could get away with making a statement absolving other scum as town as a genuine opinion.

That with the meta mechanical commentary by Spiros too. It's feigned content. Talking about the game and how it should be played instead of actually playing it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

I wish I had a dayvig right now because killing AA would be hilarious after all that.

Hilarious though it would be, I'm a radicool dude.

:smugwizard:

Also it would make me sad.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I love capps, but yeah that was dumb. Little wary of taste with how hard he leaned on capps, but eh... Jake seems genuine town to me.

My picks for scum so far:
Spiros > TQ > maybe taste?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also moat had a me too that popped out to me and didn't add much else later. I know IRL gets in the way, but I got classic yuming feels about it. Rest of you loving lurkers get your poo poo in gear.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I thought it was a day home ability by bacon bit. He kind of hinted at a very particular role, and I should add you to my list, but I like my initial suspicions enough right now.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Who dat scum tho?

I'm interested in this interaction between diq and pig. Does spiros have a result on him? Also it seemed like a pretty blatant flavor claim from dong yesterday in regards to having a result on pig and that didn't get much attention.

Outside of that, even with this interaction between pig and spiros... I kind of feel like diqnol is scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

if dong got some kind of result on me its false, same with Spiros.

I'd be more interested in dong explaining his flavor claim to clear this up. Like if dong admitted they were just loving around, I'd be inclined to back away from this train of thought and double down on spiros who I've up to this point, believed to be scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

Dongs died rip

Ah, I missed that and he was Wii Fit trainer so...

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
gently caress ughguhg

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Eh I think pig is genuine. I am curious about Spiros comment as well.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
And yeah tq prob scum too.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote TQ

Given everything, this feels best to me.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Spiros posted:

Explain the jump for me if you would? You seemed all in on me and then I say I didn't see pig do poo poo, pig switches off and you do too immediately?

I could still see you in all honesty. Only you didn't try to defend yourself against my pressing which is somewhat town indicative I've found. Also, since dong had no result and was town and you have no result and I believe pig is being genuine I've moved down my suspicion list to TQ whose post quality overall that I've read is seriously lacking. Again, I could still see you, but I'm easing off the idea. Sorry for brevity phone posting while running errands at lunch. Exhausted from 3 hours of sleep.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think Iron Chef Ramen is scum.

Hasn't really contributed anything. Went after infinitum in earnest for something that was clearly a joke. Inserted themselves into the brawl and came back alive. The overall tone of their posts shows no real thought going into trying to out scum.

##vote Iron Chef Ramen

Their history is a short read and you can make the connections from the points I've mentioned yourselves, but I think ICR is scum.

I am still a little skeptical of Spiros, but leaning towards town at this point. As far as TQ, while their posting strikes me as scummy, they do seem to show some genuine thought and do attempt to participate in discussions as they happened so I'm backing off of that as well, but yeah ICR.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

Did you read my post on ICR?

I think Keane's vote on him is bussing in this instance. At this point, I'd say I'm about 75% certain ICR is scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

Why are you trying to rush the day?

Posting a meme doesn't count as rushing, I don't think.

I don't know if this is genuine paranoia on your part or manufactured?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

Should I just preface jokes with some kind of joke symbol or emote?

Is there a smiley you'd like me to use to indicate that I am joking?

Yeah, that didn't really come across as a joke man. use like ~ ;) ;) *WIIINNNKK* ;) ;) ~ or something

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

Why are you trying to rush the day?

Would vote pig because I don't think he was in any way joking here. I think he was trying to manufacture suspicion.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
A thumbrection that's what gets me hot these days. Give me your best thumbrections.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

Whatever you say.

I am a beautiful princess, a super star and you can't bring me down.

Claiming lynchproof is it?

Li Dawny posted:

Also, who is opop? Is it RF?

Yep

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

Umm, no? Way to assume there buddy.

Sorry, I forgot my wiiiinnkk. That time I WAS joking. :)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

Would vote AA because I don't think he was in any way joking here. I think he was trying to manufacture suspicion.

lol forreal though, you're one of my favorites, Pig. Don't ever change.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Samfucius posted:

I understand this thought but the important part of the scum case on Jimson for me was how hard it was to get votes on him. He was a low-content poster who really rubbed people the wrong way, scum team should have been running a train voting for him, it's the easiest thing in the world to brush off. It's not iron-clad but it is drat compelling

Unless scum were lurking or M.I.A. at deadline.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Li Dawny posted:

Whoever I put into battle, I haven't made that decision yet, DO NOT attack RF. AR has made him invincible as part of the field we're playing on today.

Put me in LD. I'll do good by you.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Samfucius posted:

Which they absolutely were, but Jimson was viable long before that.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I just want to clarify incase ironicat isn't enough, but how could you know absolutely that scum were M.I.A. at deadline? That's the most blatant scumslip, Sam.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Samfucius posted:

Um what

It doesn't take a genius to make that assumption duderino

Well, genius, let me spell it out for you.

There are two possibilities and you have made one redundant with an absolute statement.

Possibility A: Jimson is scum and his scumbros weren't voting him intentionally. Not M.I.A. at deadline, intentionally not voting him out. Who wasn't voting him can still be asked and questioned, but this possibility is made redundant by the absolute assertion of...

Possibility B: Scum were actually missing at deadline and couldn't push the lynch on a town player which is what you're saying.

Samfucius posted:

If that really is the most blatant scum slip why aren't you voting me?

I wanted to see if anyone else found that suspect, validation is a good thing in a game of mafia.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Pinterest Mom posted:

I know AA isn't really the best dunk today because AR semi-cleared him, but we should still note that he voted TQ, didn't explain why (or respond when I asked him why he was voting TQ!) and then just moved on to casing ICR. That feels off to me.

Glad to know you never change with your tunneling. Also I did explain why I voted TQ when Spiros asked and I moved onto ICR because I was rereading and thought he looked worse as I pored over all of the posts yet again.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SirSamVimes posted:

hi everyone legion is good

This is a scum post. By not voting someone for a "blatant scumslip" you're already distancing yourself from the case/flip. ##vote aa

Well, it's not distancing from it. I do think it was a scumslip, but I also strongly believe ICR is scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Well, it's not distancing from it. I do think it was a scumslip, but I also strongly believe ICR is scum.

Imagine that, I think more than one person in our game is scum :tinfoil:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Li Dawny posted:

I am pretty drunk at this point, I'm sorry thread.

I love this.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Li Dawny posted:

AR says we're a package deal and you have to leave your wife for both of us.

I want in on this love boat. Let's just make a colony on an island somewhere.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think pig is scum. Will elaborate on this later. I need to go to the store, but I also don't want to stop playing WoW now that I have a moment of free time. Life choices man. Life loving choices. Working on a re-read, but feeling pig for scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also I'm sad none of you have commented on how loving ace my new avatar is. Please shower me with validation.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I have to eat Crow on my ICR push. My case was flimsy and speculative but I don't like how readily it was agreed with and it makes me doubt pig who went as far to call the case good. I accept the blame for icr's death, but with how pig me too'd onto my mostly poo poo case leaves me feeling like he's scum. Also makes me want to reexamine Moat who I originally felt was scummy.

##vote Pig

I don't think jimson is scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm working on a couple theories at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sorry I've been away most of the weekend: Dadding it. WoWing it.

However, I've decided to my narrow my focus down to a subset of player's who I've found to be most suspicious over the course of the game. From would-be innocuous posts to seemingly scumslipping there are a variety of reasons why I'm calling these players into question but you'll see that over the course of this wall of text.

SirSamVimes
Summary: A mostly innocuous post history, with only one real attempt at finding scum. The only case they've actually made effort in cobbling together is against Moatillata. Outside of that they've made some votes without context or reason and some baseless one line suppositions.

Remarks in question:
Meta justifications to lynch PBS for the vig Seems like a contribution, but this is a snipe.
A pretty weak vote on Spiros followed by an unvote at the behest of Li Dawny about 10 minutes later. A lack of conviction, leads me to believe it was artificial.
Unexplained vote on Glowku followed up by a double down with no explanation.

The rest of the post history is kind of empty except for the case on Moat which really kind of constructed itself.

Scummy Meter: 85%

Samfucius
Summary: A relatively more active player, but has made some questionable posts that lead me to doubt their credibility. Additionally, has had some key posts where they talk about the game, but aren't actually participating.

Remarks in question:
Confusion/outrage over softclaims Seems kind of pointless and bizarre, softclaim or no it seems like a weird thing to harp on.
Pure mechanics discussion
More mechanics discussion
I called him out about what I believe might have been a scumslip
The "they absolutely were" is a bit too on the nose for me. Could be WIFOM, but between the mechanics discussion and general aggro attitude I pick up reading his posts, I don't know. Part of me wants to dismiss it, but at the same time I don't know.

Scummy Meter: 65%

I still feel ways about Pig, Moat and TQ but overall I find those to be less substantial feelings at this time.

I think the best vote for the moment is SSV.

##vote SirSamVimes

• Locked thread