Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So the game has started I should probably read the rules now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am happy about this thread.

Also I am not a very good fightmans.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, I pretty much never play this game. I'm awful at it.

I'm decent at some of the more traditional ones like SF.

I meant in this here mafia game, but I'm also bad at smash IRL.

My friends and I would make up our own games like "suicide prevention" where someone would try to jump off the edge of the map and kill themselves and it was everyone else's job to keep them safe. A little dark, but it was fun.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I looked at the other thread and am happy to report it's already a shitshow.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Hey, do you still have me on ignore? Cause it's kind of hard to play with you that way.

Tentatively no.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
They're already down a player so they clearly suck.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah since you know who the scum team is, you should stay silent on the other thread. You wouldn't want to give them away.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I 100% agree with Madman about Ecco. Her PR is absolutely anti-town and it's ridiculous to argue otherwise. I also disagree with her characterization of MMT's vote too. Also also Madman wasn't the only person to announce that he was going to be away or had been away and busy, so why is he the only person she calls out?

Also I don't believe Ecco really believes this:

EccoRaven posted:

if people skip over my posts because they do not want to read posts then that is on them, it is not my job to spoonfeed the lazy and intellectual disinterested except insofar as I wish people to read my cases and to vote with them, but I have made the judgment that players who are unwilling to read my very clear posts simply because they are longer and explain my thoughts more fully are unlikely to be interested in playing mafia at all and so they are not the audience to whom I am trying to appeal but rather to those who wish to actually win the game by hunting for mafia and removing them from the game that is to say the town!

furthermore if players believe I am scum simply for posting in this fashion then they are making an unreasonable stance, which again is my point against you, TMMadman, known scum!

Being able to make a compelling argument that people will actually read is absolutely part of the game and there is no way that you don't think that intentionally making your posts a bigger pain in the rear end to read is alignment neutral.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Asiina, do I have to be suspicious of you for agreeing with me now? :v:

No it's only when KB and I agree with each other that he's scum. We good.

Retro Futurist posted:

Oh yeah, Ecco would never be arrogant and ivory tower

There's being arrogant and there's saying that it doesn't matter if people can understand your posts. I cannot recall a specific post, but I feel like this is not something Ecco out of this game would agree with.

EccoRaven posted:

could you explain why making posts longer makes them more likely to be posts made by scum and therefore my posting is more akin to a scum's posts and therefore I am likely scum as well? because it seems like to me from my perspective (which is the only perspective I can ever truly hold but I hope by this post I can convince you that my perspective is a reasonable one) if someone were scum they would want to avoid attention if at all possible and posting in this fashion is so different from the ordinary forms of posting that it stands out, that is it would encourage people to vote for me solely because they dislike the way I post (as has already happened in this game in which we are playing) which is not particularly helpful to town OR scum (which is thus alignment neutral).

C'mon, this is a weak argument. You're essentially saying if you were scum you'd be quiet and trying to fit in without drawing attention to yourself, which I do not believe for a second, especially from you.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Ecco isn't saying it's alignment neutral though, she's saying it makes her town. It is a pro-town move, which is complete nonsense.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Sorry I've been very busy the last two days and there are 500 unread posts. My ABB challenge just ended.

I see BK is at -1. I can vote if nobody is around to, but I have no idea why we're voting him.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Awesome.

This is probably sarcasm. If so, sorry.

There's no chance I can catch up in the next 15 minutes, but I promise I'll read it during night phase.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
No lynches are extremely bad though, right? Cause the opposing leader picks someone and guaranteed they'll pick town.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay, maybe sorry BK? I might want to vote for you but I don't know yet.

##vote BK

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

##vote BK

This is -1.

Tomm unvoted so it's -1 now.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Has the battle lines been announced? I'd like to once again say I'm a bad fightman.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Cool, cool.

Anyway very sorry. I saw the growing number of posts in my control panel and just didn't have time to deal with it and then it was 500 posts and I saw deadline was right now.

I promise I'll read overnight and do better tomorrow.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Man my fightman powers aren't nearly this cool.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
lol blue thread couldn't lynch Jimson.

loving Jimson!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011