Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

For nigh upon seven centuries, Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor Cornelius Dukovich has dedicated every fiber of his being to hunting down a heinous sorcerer whose maelific rituals had ushered in an age of darkness and dissent to the sector that was once under his protection. Small as it was, the sector once contained numerous paradise and shrine worlds, and now, under the iron fist of a chaos warband headed by the villainous wizard, has become one of the most dangerous regions on the fringes of Imperial space.

Shamed and ostracized for his constant failures and inability to track down the sorcerer and his band, Dukovich's sanity has long been damaged by his endless hunt; now paranoid and delusional about the very scope and importance of his hunt, the Inquisitor lets nothing stand in the path between him and what is, to him, his righteous redemption and vengeance. Some would argue the majority of the sector's fall can be attributed to Dukovich's tireless hunt, but few do for fear of his precognitive abilities and the 'excommunication' that would follow.

Time and again, he has sacrificed all he owns and commands in the pursuit of this villain, rebuilding when his efforts are discovered to be for naught, only to spend it all in one devastating blow after another upon the purported heretics and apostates of his sector. You are but one of the latest and likely last of his group of acolytes, purchased with the final scrap of the good will he had with his peers and drawn from all over the Imperium. You are his final hope, and if his visions are true, the only prayer his devastated sector has.

Now, it seems that the sorcerer has made a mistake, and your team is moving in for the kill..

-------

Welcome to some good ol' Dark Heresy 1e! This game is going to start out as a short, simple one shot to establish a villain before moving into an Ascension game against more sinister powers.

I am looking for FIVE acolytes to take part in the last mission of a desperate inquisitor; if he fails this time, then there's no redemption or vengeance for him, and you lot are sent back to the inquisitors you came from.

You will get 13,000 XP to build your acolyte. You may or may not come from Dukovich's home sector, but give me a description of the world you grew up on, how you came to the Inquisition's attention, and why your inquisitior selected you for this assignment. If you came from Dukovich's sector, give some insight of what you think of the Inquisitor and his efforts as you perceive them, as well as how you came to his or another Inquisitor's attention. What events set you apart from your peers? Are you doing this on faith and duty alone, or is this atonement for crimes?

For your stats, roll 10#2d10 and discard the lowest set, and assign as you please. If you take an alternate rank, make sure to make note of it. You will not be ascending YET; this will be a base DH1 character, so don't apply any ascension packages or anything to them yet. There'll be more XP later for that.

The recruit will be open until September 10th, and if you have questions or need help, you can find me and other knowledgeable players in the #acolyte channel on Synirc.

Let's rock!

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Aug 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

[TRANSCRIPT FROM CONFESSIONAL BOOTH #3, ORDER OF OUR MARTYRED LADY, CALIXIS MISSION, PRIMARY SECTOR ABBEY]

Sister Superior Erzsébet Vandimion: Forgive me, Confessor-Servitor Alpha-Gimmel, for I have proven wanting in the eyes of the Emperor. It has been about seven hours since my last confession, and I accuse myself of the sin of pride.

Confessor-Servitor Alpha-Gimmel: IN WHAT WAYS HAVE YOU FELT THAT YOU HAVE BEEN GUILTY OF...SIN....OF....PRIDE?!

EV: I have felt what I believe to be an undue amount of satisfaction in my personal performance in my previous mission on the planet Regulus. After purging a foul den of the heretical cult, the Beautiful Lords, discovered thanks to the local Arbite precinct and assaulted effectively and with a strange amount of subtlety thanks to the wise tactical acumen of Canonness Wacchus, I’d noticed a distinct quill left on an unused lectern, not where any of the present burnt cultists lay dying in ruined pieces. I felt it was distinctive, and decided to pick it up, wary of taint

A: KEYWORD “TAINT,” CONTEXT: OBJECT, 87% LIKELIHOOD! TAINTED OBJECTS AREM DANGEROUS TO THE SOUL! SUSPECT TAINTED OBJECTS MUST BE, TESTED THREEFOLD! ONE: VERBAL THREAT, TWO: PRESENTATION OF HOLY ICON! THREE: APPLICATION OF FORCE! FAILURE TO DO SO CONSTITUTES CLASS TWELVE PROTO-HERETICAL BE—

EV: I KNOW! Father Alpha-Gimmel! I know! I’m not a novice, I am steeled against the wiles of the warp. I put it to the test. I screamed at the quill to stand down in the name of the Emperor of Mankind, I then touched my chaplet to it, and nothing happened. And then I threw it to the ground. And sure enough, it passed the test. It was just a quill! A very nice quill with a vybreth feather, and an integrated inkwell and reactive nub. And I noticed the nub had the symbol of a local noble house, and I shared my findings and suspicions with with the Canoness. And then after reviewing maps of the nearest municipality, by the grace of the Emperor Himself, a plan sprang to my mind.

A-ג: VERY GOOD MY CHILD, IT IS GOOD, TO SHARE SUSPICIONS WITH, YOUR, SUPERIOR! A SUSPICIOUS MIND IS A HEALTHY MIND!

EV: Exactly! And I wouldn’t question a Divinely inspired plan! since after all—

EV: To question is to doubt.
A-ג—simultaneously:TO QUESTION IS TO DOUBT! PLEASE TRY TO HAVE LESS DOUBT, AND MORE ZEAL!

A-ג: VERY GOOD, PARISHIONER! YOU ARE AWARDED…THREE…RECAF INDULGENCE TICKETS, PLEASE RETRIEVE THEM ON YOUR WAY OUT OF THE CONFESSIONAL BOOTH

EV: Your kindness and understanding is limitless, Alpha-Gimmel. Anyway, I took the convent to the town square outside of this noble's villa, and began to perform a carol, the Song of St. Huk III Of the Venom-Flats, and gathered a crowd of some four hundred souls. And, in keeping with sector customs, the Lord of manner came out to greet us and give us a small consideration for the church, that they may fall into our and the Emperor’s good graces. And THAT is where I took his quill from my sleeve pocket, and when he looked at it with surprised recognition, I shrived the fiend with my inferno pistol. And sure enough, in addition to boiling brain matter, we all felt the sting of a psychic death shriek.

I told the crowd what the meaning of this was, and what had transpired, and sure enough, I had awakened the fires of faith within their souls, and the entire villa complex was reduced to ash. A majority of the dead within had sufficiently high levels of suspiciousness to be deemed excommunicatus or, otherwise with sin.

A-ג: SO, YOU HAVE… KILLED HERETICS WITH, ACCEPTABLE INNOCENT CASUALTY MARGINS? BE PROUD, CHILD. SERVING THE EMPEROR IS SERVING MANKIND. IT IS BETTER TO DIE FOR THE EMPEROR THAN TO LIVE FOR YOURSELF.

EV: But that is the problem, Confessor Gimmel! Is it not pride which leads to the worst of downfalls? Did my actions save the world from the grip of The Beautiful Lords, an insidious cult with its fingers in the planetary nobility? Very possibly! But I truly worthy to be called a hero, to be put on track for promotion? To be granted favored seating in Mass. The Canoness has been implying she wants to recruit me for some special, secret task. These awards and opportunities are given to me, and I do feel like I deserve them, but should I feel that?………Father Gimmel? Why do you speak not? Are you in deep thought? Oh, I see, your cogitator is caught on your hair, from your old days as textile weaver Gerald, some of the strands the plasma-loom didn’t shear off along with…Do you need some help? I am not trained in the ways of the Machine God but…if I could just cut—

A-ג: THO—THO—THO—THHHHHHH——THOUGHTOFTHEDAY: TO QUESTION IS TO D-D-DOUBT! PLEASE TRY TO HAVE LESS DOUBT, AND MORE ZEAL!

EV: …By St. Katherine, you’re right! Just as I do not question the Emperor’s wisdom, I must not question his bounties. My mind is at ease, Confessor. Thank you. Now please Confessor, I ask for absolution, for almost losing my way.

A-ג: …PENA—INDULGENCE!—MORTIFIC—MOR—RECAF!

EV:Um, how about for penance I just spill half of my recaf onto my bare lap, okay? I’ll go fetch the engineer. Farewell Father Alpha-Gimmel. And thank you, you are an inspiration to me.

[TRANSCRIPT ENDS]

pre:
Name: Erzsébet Vandimion
Homeworld: Schola Progenium
Family Past: Slaughtered by Rebels
Career: Battle Sister->Palatine (once ascended)
Alternate Rank: Seraphim

Divination: 79: “The only true fear is of dying with your duty not 	.” +2 Wounds.

WS:     38 (20+13)(+5 adv)
BS:     63 (20+18)(+20 adv)(+5 armor)
S:      40 (20+10)(+10 armor)
T:      31 (20+11)
Agi:    40 (20+10)(+10 adv)
Int:    29 (20+09)
Per:    30 (20+10)
WP:     50 (20+15)(+15 adv)
Fel:    51 (20+16)(+15 adv)

18, 16, 15, 13, 11, 10, 10, 10, 9 

Wounds: 20/20 (11)(+7 sound constitution)(+2 divination)
Fate: 2/2
Insanity: 0
Corruption: 0

Movement: Half-4/Full-8/Charge-12/Run-24

Influence: 

Skills:
Literacy (Int)
Speak Language (High Gothic)
Speak Language (Low Gothic)
Common Lore (Ecclesiarchy)
Common Lore (Imperial Creed)
Forbidden Lore (Heresy)
Performer (Singer)+10
Awareness+10
Trade (copyist)
Intimidate
Dodge+10
Command
Pilot (Jump Pack)
Climb

Talents:
Basic Weapon Training (Bolt, Las)
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive, Chain)
Pistol Weapon Training (Bolt, Flame, Melta, Las)
Hatred (Heretics)
Pure Faith
Flagellant
Sound Constitution x7
Faith Talent x5
Mighty Shot
Quick Draw
Litany of Hate
Charm
Fearless
Miraculous Survival
Tests of Faith
Ambidextrous
Two-Weapon Wielder (Balistic)
Rapid Reload
Resistance (Psychic Powers)
Dual shot
Peer (Ecclesiarchy)
Gunslinger
Leap up

Faith Talents:
(6 total. can change which)
Emperor’s Sign:
Emperor’s Mercy:
Emperor’s Wrath:
-Wrath of the Righteous
-Divine Guidance
-The Passion
-Righteous Frenzy
-Religious Hysteria

Traits:
Schola Education:
Common Lore (Administratum, Ecclesiarchy, Imperial Creed, Imperium, War)
and Scholastic Lore (Philosophy) are Basic Skills.

Sheltered Upbringing:
–10 penalty on all Charm, Command, Deceive and Scrutiny Tests with lower class 
(cultists, traitors, narco-addicts, gutter scum, mutants etc.)

Tempered Will
Very Hard (-30) WP tests are -20 Instead

Equipment: 
Godwyn De’az Bolter +2 mags
Godwyn-De’az Storm Bolter +2 mags
Sororitas Power Armour
Shield Robes
Chaplet Ecclesiasticus (re-roll Charm Tests on Clergy)
Ring of Suffrage(has large golden T)(charm) 
Copy of Rule of the Sororitas
Scoriada (-10 T test to take no wounds from Flagellation)
Writing Kit
Auto-quill
4 candles

Wealth: 50 Thrones
Monthly Income: none (50T replenished at Church bases)

Acquisition: 
50: Auto-quill

Requisition:
Godwyn-De’az Storm Bolter
Seraphim Inferno Pistol x2

Armor:
Sororitas Power Armour:  7 Arms/legs/head, 8 body
Shield Robes (when out of power armor): 3 arms/legs/head

Weapons:
Name: Godwyn-De’az Bolter
Class: Basic  Dmg: 1d10+5   Type:  X     Pen: 4
Range:  90m   RoF: S/2/-    Clip: 30     Rld: Full
Special: Reliable, Tearing,

Name: Godwyn-De’az Storm Bolter
Class:  Basic  Dmg: 1d10+5    Type: X      Pen: 4
Range:  90    RoF:  S/2/4    Clip: 60      Rld: full
Special: Reliable, Tearing, Storm

Name: Seraphim Inferno Pistol
Class:  Pistol  Dmg: 2d10+2    Type: E     Pen: 10
Range:  10m    RoF:  S/-/-    Clip: 6      Rld: Full
Special: Reliable, Special*
*(If paired and fired with Dual Shot, +1d10 dmg and x2 pen)	

Name: Scoriada
Class:  Melee  Dmg: 0+SB    Type: E     Pen: 2
Range:  —      RoF:  -        Clip: -         Rld: -
Special: Primitive, Flexible

Total Exp Spent: 13,000/13,000
Exp Remaining: 0

1. - 4. Militant        0-3000 (3000/3000)
------------------------------
250: Weapon Skill (simple)
750: Agility (Simple-intermediate)
850: Willpower (simple-trained)
850: Fellowship (simple-trained)
200: Ambidextrous
100: Trade (Copyist)
000: Take Seraphim Alt. Rank 5
000: Pilot (Jump Pack)

5.  Seraphim         3000-6000 (3000/3000)
1400: Sound Constitution x7
1600: Ballistic Skill (simple-expert)

6.    6000-8000 (2000/2000)
1800: Faith Talent x5
100: FL (Heresy)
200: Pistol Weapon Training (flame)
200: Pistol Weapon Training (melta)

7.            8000-10,000 (2000/2000)
100: Pistol Weapon Training (Bolt)
100: Climb
100: Awareness
200: Awareness +10
100: Perform: (singer) +10
100: Dodge
100: Intimidate
200: Mighty Shot
100: Quick Draw
200: Rapid Reload
200: Command
300: Litany of Hate
200: Flagellant

8. Battle Sister  10,000-15,000 (3000/5000)
200: Charm
200: Fearless 
400: Miraculous Survival
300: Tests of Faith
300: Resistance (Psychic Powers)
300: Peer (Ecclesiarchy)
100: Dodge +10
100: Two Weapon Fighting (ballistic weapons)
300: Gunslinger
300: Dual shot
300: Gunslinger
200: Leap up
Characteristics: http://orokos.com/roll/430775
Wounds: http://orokos.com/roll/430776
Fate: http://orokos.com/roll/430777
Insanity: http://orokos.com/roll/430825
Corruption: http://orokos.com/roll/430828
Divination: http://orokos.com/roll/430832

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Sep 10, 2016

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Making a Mechanicus Secutor

*edit* How much money do we start with, or how many months of money?

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Aug 27, 2016

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Julio Kierkegaard XII

Seen here with other members of Inquisitor Corde's retinue. Which one is he? Depends on the day.

Who am I? Well, that depends on how you look at things. Truth is subjective, after all. From one point of view, I am Julio Kierkegaard XII of House Kierkegaard, the governing house of Osskius. It's really nothing special, just your basic hive world. The main exports are processed promethium and Imperial Guardsmen. Still, 98 planetary regiments since the founding, all of them highly decorated, you have to admit that's not bad. It's hardly Cadia, but the Osskius Incinerators are held in high regard. I'd say life was comfortable there, but it really wasn't. I mean, obviously the nobles are better off than the poor bastards mining promethium on the moons or working downhive, but the amount of backstabbing and political maneuvering that goes on in those spires is just absurd. I've been to other hive worlds, and none of them have anything on Osskius. We went through 8 different heads of House in one year, because they kept getting assassinated. That was a very bad year, granted, but on average anyone in a significant office lives about 10 years at most.

Luckily, I was 58th in line for anything that matters, so I didn't have to be constantly on my guard. I wasn't idle, of course, everyone pulls their weight. My duty was... well, the truth of the matter is that even the most loyal and upstanding noble house has to do some stunningly shady things to stay in power. For the good of the people, of course, because Emperor knows the House Roi idiots would run the planet straight into the ground within a decade if they ever got elected. So yes, I was technically what Imperial law would call a "smuggler." Keeping the House Militia well-equipped and buying personal shield generators for everyone who matters isn't cheap, especially not when 90% of official House funds have to be spent on hiring assassins and counter-assassins. I ran whatever was profitable. Drugs, guns, explosives, the odd bit of xenotech. My heart almost stopped when the Inquisition came calling.

But Inquisitor Corde wasn't after us, although he knew drat well what we were doing. He was looking into House Ulmari, and getting stonewalled at every turn. I was his way in: work on his behalf and he assured us that none of our shady dealings would be punished or made public. Ulmari was never very important, and we all knew they'd been acting odd. Their representatives hadn't been showing up consistently to Senate sessions, and when they did they were clearly... not entirely sober. Long story short: pleasure cult. I've always had a talent for lying, charming and an odd bit of theft, so it wasn't very hard for me to get Inquisition operatives inside the walls. And when it was all said and done, once they finished burning the place to the ground to wipe away all the unholy sigils, Corde kept his word and ignored our comparatively minor violations of Imperial law. On one condition: I had to work for him. Permanently.

As it turns out, I had a talent for his line of work. After a few years, I was getting pretty drat good at it, especially infiltrating organizations and pulling them apart from the inside. Got to the point where Corde saw me as a vital part of his team. It would have been perfect if not for the dreams. Dreams where I'm not Julio Kierkegaard XII, but instead I'm Rorke Hade, a Mechanicus menial. A menial with a striking resemblance to a noble on a distant world, especially after a little plastic surgery. A noble unimportant enough that no one would notice if he vanished for a little while and came back acting a little weird, but also a noble with a secret position in his House that would've been a perfect place for an agent. Someone who can make sure a noble house thrives so long as it maintains a good relationship with the Adeptus Mechanicus, but who could be induced to make a few "mistakes" that would utterly ruin that same noble house, if necessary. Do you see what I'm getting at? Like I said, truth is subjective, and I'm only Julio from a certain point of view. From another point of view, I'm Rorke Hade, and Julio's been dead for over ten years.

In that case, why should I care about "my" House back on Osskius? The real Julio's dead, I owe them nothing. If I walked away from all this right now and they all got killed for my crimes, that wouldn't be my problem. The problem is that I wouldn't even know what to do with myself. I have no idea what it's like to be the same person for more than a year, and if I'm going to keep changing my identity, I might as well do it for the Inquisition. At least then I can tell myself I'm doing something worthwhile. Besides, I suspect my implanted memories failed because the Mechanicus couldn't perform regularly scheduled maintenance on me once I had an Inquisitor looking out for me. The cogs don't like loose ends, so I need to stay under the Rosette so they'll be less likely to try something. I'd kill myself before I let them reprogram me again.

So, who am I? Well, you tell me, because none of my talents are mine, and I'm not sure any of my memories are either. I'm not a natural talent at infilitration. I was literally programmed to do this; I'm a decidedly unnatural talent. I've been working for the Inquisition for over a decade, and I've spent most of my time lying. And since even my past is a lie, well, I'm not sure where the lies end and I begin. So the way I see it is that every role I've ever played for the Inquisition is equally valid. I'm One-Eye Drake, underhive ganger. I'm Arbitrator Quint and you're under arrest, scum. I'm Goli Verquist, Administratum Adept 19th Rank. They call me Hoss, friendo, you up for a stiff drink and a game of Emperor's Tarot? I'm Ward Olipher, and you can trust me, fellow Chaos cultists, just tell me where the meeting is. I'm Enginseer Po, I'm Commissar Keeler, I'm the drunk passed out in the corner who's going to sit up and unload an autopistol into your guts when you let your guard down. I'm a loving astropath who doesn't even need a goddamn name because I'm just window dressing for a trap. I spent a month as Sister Maria Dominia of the Sacred Order of Our Martyred Lady. Don't give me that look, I cut a striking figure in power armour. I've done this a hundred times and I can recite the entire life history of every single one of those people, none of whom ever existed outside of me. They're all just as real as I am, when you think about it.

The only thing I know for sure is that truth is subjective. I've been told that Inquisitor Dukovich is insane. He probably is, but like everything else, crazy is just a point of view. Inquisitor Corde apparently owed him a favor from something they did together a long time ago, and Dukovich was looking for a master of infiltration. I fit the bill. But despite what he says, I don't think my Inquisitor gives a drat about Dukovich. Funny thing about us professional liars, it's hard to lie to us. No, Corde just knows that where Dukovich goes, madness and destruction follow. I think he wants to see me deal with something terrible, something far, far worse than what I've seen in his service so far. He's testing me. Why? I have my suspicions, but it doesn't matter. I can worry about the future when it arrives. So do I care what Dukovich actually wants me to do? Not in the slightest. There's only one thing that matters: who does he want me to be?

I took Mimic as an elite advance; the classes that get it naturally pay 100 xp for it, so I just marked myself down as spending 200 on it. If you want me to pay more, just say so.

pre:
Name: Julio Kierkegaard XII
Homeworld: Noble Born
Career Path: Scum->Charlatan->Inquisitor (Once Ascended)
Background: Impostor
Elite Advances: Cistron
Divination: The Pain of the Bullet is Ecstasy Compared to Damnation (+1 Toughness)

Characteristics:
WS:   27 (20 +7)
BS:   49 (20 +14 +15 Advance)
S:    28 (20 +8)
T:    42 (20 +11 +10 Advance +1 Divination)
Ag:   41 (20 +11 +10)
Int:  37 (20 +7 +10 Advance)
Per:  43 (20 +18 +5 Advance)
WP:   37 (15 +12 +10 Advance)
Fel:  62 (25 +17 +20 Advance)

Wounds: 13 (1 +4 SC)
Fate Points: 1
Insanity: 8 (+8 Cistron)

Skills:

Awareness +20
Barter
Blather +20
Carouse
Charm +20
Ciphers (Acolyte)
Common Lore (Imperium)
Concealment
Contortionist
Deceive +20
Disguise +20
Drive (Ground Vehicle)
Dodge +20
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Gamble
Inquiry +10
Intimidate
Literacy
Lip Reading
Medicae
Navigate (Surface)
Pilot (Civilian Craft)
Secret Tongue (Tech)
Search
Security
Scrutiny
Shadowing
Silent Move
Sleight of Hand +10
Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic)
Tech-Use

Talents:

Air of Authority
Ambidextrous
Basic Weapon Training (SP)
Catfall
Deadeye Shot
Gunslinger
Hatred (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Heightened Senses (Sight)
Hip Shooting
Independent Targeting
Marksman
Master Orator
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
Mighty Shot
Mimic
Nerves of Steel
Peer (Administratum, Ecclesiarchy, Government, Military, Nobility, Underworld)
Pistol Training (Bolt, Plasma, SP)
Quick Draw
Rapid Reaction
Rapid Reload
Sharpshooter
Step Aside
Talented (Charm, Deceive)
Total Recall
Two Weapon Wielder (Ballistic)
Unremarkable

Traits/Cybernetics:

Easy to Control: -10 WP to resist mind control and interrogation
Etiquette: +10 Charm/Deceive/Scrutiny with high authority and in formal situations
Hunted
Supremely Connected
Vendetta
Wealth

GC Malfian Dermaguise
GC Cybernetic Arm
-GC Concealed Weapon Bionic (Kronos, 6 Reloads)

Gear:

Bolt Pistols w/ RDLS, Fire Selectors (x2)
-48 Standard Shells
-32 Inferno Shells
Spectre w/ RDLS, Silencer
-300 Man-Stopper Bullets
-16 Inferno Shotgun Shells
-20 Cryptus Shotgun Shells
Autogun (1 Clip)
Autopistol (1 Clip)
Club
Knife
GC Magistratum Carapace w/ Hexagrammatic Wards
Full Hardened Body Glove
Quilted Vest
PC Clothing
Multikey
Vox-Pickup
Micro-Bead
Cameleoline Cloak
Medikit
Auspex
Combi-Tool
Grapnel
Magnoculars
Recoil Gloves
Gun-Skull (Compact Mark III Sunfury, 6 Reloads)

Wealth+Class: 252, Noble

Acquisitions: Starting 30400 ((500+50*9)*32)

GC Bolt Pistols x2-1500
RDLS x2-100
Fire Selectors x2-50
GC Spectre-1125
RDLS-50
Silencer-10
GC Magistratum Carapace w/ Hexagrammatic Wards-5800
Full Hardened Body Glove-900
Multikey-150
Man-Stopper Bullets x300-250
Inferno Shotgun Shells x16-288
Cryptus Shotgun Shells x20-200
Bolt Shells x48-512
Inferno Bolt Shells x32-576
Vox-Pickup-100
Micro-Bead-20
Cameleoline Cloak-500
Gun-Skull-2000
Mark III Sunfury (Skull)-3000
Compact-50
Plasma Flasks X6-108
GC Malfian Dermaguise-3300
Medikit-150
Auspex-145
Combi-Tool-200
Grapnel-30
Magnoculars-55
GC Cybernetic Arm-3000
Kronos-5000
Plasma Flasks (Pistol) x6-144
GC Concealed Weapon Bionic-750
Recoil Glove-85

Advances: EXP unspent ---

Dreg-500/500

Impostor-400
Dodge-100

Outcast-500/500

Concealment-100
Inquiry-100
Deceive +10-200
Peer (Underworld)-100

Outlaw-1000/1000

Unremarkable-100
Quick Draw-100
Sleight of Hand-100
Security-100
Gamble-100
Search-100
Rapid Reload-200
Drive (Ground Vehicle)-100
Navigate (Surface)-100

Renegade-1000/1000

Carouse-100
Silent Move-100
Rapid Reaction-100
Nerves of Steel-200
Deadeye Shot-100
Heightened Senses (Sight)-100
Awareness+10-100
BS +5-100
Catfall-100

Rogue-3000/3000

Fel +5 (1-4)-1600
Awareness +20-100
Barter-100
Pistol Training (Bolt)-100
Intimidate-200
Scrutiny-200
BS +5 (2)-250
Agi +5 (1-2)-350
Marksman-100

Fixer-2000/2000

BS +5 (3)-500
Cistron (Elite Advance)-300
Charm +10-100
Mighty Shot-100
Two-Weapon Wielder (Ballistic)-200
Gunslinger-200
Hip Shooting-200
Peer (Military)-200
Total Recall-100
Shadowing-100, 1d5 Insanity

Shark-2000/2000

WP +5-100
Int +5-100
Blather +10-100
Charm +20-100
Deceive +10-100
Disguise +10-100
Lip Reading-100
Sleight of Hand +10-100
Step Aside-200
Peer (Administratum)-200
Peer (Ecclesiarchy)-200
Sound Constitution (x2)-200
Ciphers (Acolyte)-100
Medicae-200
Pilot (Civilian Craft)-100

Charlatan 3000/3000

Inquiry +10-100
Sharpshooter-100
Pistol Training (Plasma)-100
Contortionist-100, 1d5 Insanity
Blather +20-100
Deceive +20-100
Disguise +20-100
Dodge +10-100
Dodge +20-100
Air of Authority-100
Tech-Use-100, 1d5 Insanity
Independent Targeting-200
Master Orator-200
WP +5 (2)-250
Int +5 (2)-250
T +5 (1-2)-350
Per +5-250
Sound Constitution (x2)-200
Mimic (Elite Advance)-200
Characteristics: 10#2d10 11 8 17 7 7 11 13 12 14 6
Wounds: 1
Fate: 3
Insanity: 6
More Insanity: 2
Divination: 13

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Sep 6, 2016

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Magos-Myrmidon Estas Spall of the Ordo Reductor

Few outsiders truly realize how separate the Adeptus Mechanicus are from the rest of the Imperium. They are not simply the religious savants who oversee technology, they are a Empire itself that resides inside the greater Imperium. They have their own armies, a religion that is largely left alone by the Ecclesiarchy, and secret organizations that operate outside the normal Imperial channels.

This sub-Empire survives by making itself essential to the greater order of the Imperium, by defending it's prerogatives ruthlessly and by letting no challenge to it's rules stand. It guards the technological knowledge of the Imperium with a bloody hand. Those who seek to develop new technology, or work with ancient lost technology, need to do so with a member of the Mechanicus standing at their side, lest they be labled a Tech-Heretek.

Estas Spall is a Secutor of the Ordo Reductor, one of the militant orders that composes the armies of the Adeptus Mechanicus. Grown from the combined genetics of two respected Enginseers of the Titan Legion on Forge Falux, his life has been given over to the destruction of the enemies of the Mechanicus; to hunt down the rogue elements that use forbidden or alien technologies and to destroy them ruthlessly.

As many of the Tech-Hereteks are also enemies of the Inquisition, his job has regularly put him in contact with members of the Inquisitorial Ordos, causing him to lend his skills and weaponry to this larger organization. Sometimes favors are traded, with an Acolyte cell hitting one of his targets in exchange for his assistance with dealing with a non Tech-Heretek at an Inquisitors behest.

This time, Inquisitor Dukovich has called in his favor, to hunt down a sorcerer.

pre:
Name: Magos-Myrmidon Estas Spall of the Ordo Reductor
Homeworld: Forge World
Career Path: Tech Priest -> Magos
Background: The Divine Light of Sollex
Divination: The Gun Is Mightier Than The Sword

Characteristics:
WS:   53 = 15 + 18 + 20
BS:   52 = 20 + 19 + 10 + 03 (Divination)
S:    48 = 20 + 13 + 05 + 10 (Machinator Array)
T:    60 = 20 + 15 + 15 + 10 (Machinator Array)
Ag:   24 = 20 + 09 + 00 - 05 (Machinator Array)
Int:  46 = 25 + 11 + 10
Per:  36 = 20 + 11 + 05
WP:   46 = 20 + 13 + 10 + 03 (Fit For Purpose)
Fel:  20 = 20 + 10 + 00 - 10 (Background and Machinator Array)

Wounds: 19
Fate Points: 3
Insanity: 6

Skills:

Awareness (Per)
Ciphers(Secret Society - Sollex) (Int)
Demolition (Int)
Drive (Ground Vehicles)
Drive (Hover Vehicles)
Literacy (Int)
Navigation (Stellar)
Pilot (Military Craft)
Pilot (Spacecraft)
Secret Tongue (Tech) (Int)
Tech-Use +20 (Int)
Trade(Scrimshawer) (Ag)

Common Lore (Machine Cult) (Int)
Forbidden Lore (Archeotech) (Int)
Scholastic Lore(Tactica Imperialis)
Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int)

Talents:

Autosanguine
Armor of Contempt
Blademaster
Bulging Biceps
Chem-Geld
Combat Master
Crack Shot
Crippling Strike
Die Hard
Electro Graft Use
Energy Cache
Fearless
Hatred(Tech-Heretics)
Independent Targeting
Iron Jaw
Jaded
Lightning Attack
Lumen Shield
Maglev Grace
Mechadendrite Use (Gun)
Nerves of Steel
Swift Attack
Technical Knock
Total Recall
Quick Draw
Unshakeable Faith

Melee Weapon Training (Primitive, Shock)
Basic Weapon Training (Las, SP)
Pistol Training (Las)
Heavy Weapons Training (SP)
Exotic Weapon Training (Intregrated Melee Weapons)
Exotic Weapon Training (Integrated Ranged Weapons)

Traits:

Machine (4)
Mechanicus Implants
Fit For Purpose (+3 willpower)
Stranger to the Cult
Credo Omnissiah
Divine Light of Sollex (+10 to Tech-Use when working with or on laser and holo devices)

Gear:

Metal staff, las pistol and 1 charge pack,
las carbine and 1 charge pack, knife, flak vest, glow lamp,
data-slate, Mechanicus robes and vestments (Good Quality
Clothing), 1d10 spare parts (power cells, wires, chronometer
etc), vial of Sacred Machine Oil

Starting Wealth+Class: 8320, Tech-Priest

Acquisitions:
Heavy Catalytic Mass Driver (Lathe Worlds) - 2800
Coil-Whip (Lathe Worlds) - 600
Ballistic Mechadendrite - 600
Good Lathe-Laspistol - 450
Mk III Sunfury Plasma Rifle - 3000
 -Integrated Weapon Components - 200
Enforcer Light Carapace - 575

Note: Integrated plasma weapons double clip size and lose Recharge

Advances: EXP unspent ---

Technographer 500/500
Divine Light of Sollex Background - 300
Sound Constitution x2 - 200

Mech-Wright 500/500
Toughness (Simple) - 100
Iron Jaw - 100
Quick Draw - 100
Perception Simple - 100
Chem-Geld - 100

Electro-Priest 1000/1000
Tech-Use +10 - 100
BS Simple - 250
WS Simple - 250
Crack Shot - 100
Nerves of Steel - 100
The Flesh Is Weak (1) - 100
Willpower Simple - 100

Engineer 1000/1000
Heavy Weapons Training (SP) - 100
Total Recall - 100
Awareness - 200
WS Intermediate - 500
Pilot (Military Craft) - 100

Tech-Priest 3000/3000
Forbidden Lore (Archeotech) - 100
Tech-Use +20 - 100
Blademaster - 100
Combat Master - 100
Independent Targeting - 100
Swift Attack - 100
Pilot (Spacecraft) - 100
Maglev Grace - 200
Mechadendrite Use (Gun) - 200
Sound Constitution x2 - 400
Exotic Weapon Training (Integrated Melee Weapons) - 400
Exotic Weapon Training (Integrated Ranged Weapons) - 400
The Flesh Is Weak (2) - 100
Drive (Ground Vehicle) - 100
Navigation (Stellar) - 100
Drive (Hover Vehicle) - 100

Technomancer 2000/2000
Autosanguine - 100
Armor of Contempt - 100
Fearless - 100
Jaded - 100
Int Simple - 100
WS Trained - 750
BS Intermediate - 500
Toughness Intermediate - 250

Mechanicus Secutor (replaced Cyber-Seer) 2000/2000
Machinator Array - 500
Bulging Biceps - 200
Strength Simple - 500
The Flesh Is Weak (3) - 200
Die Hard - 300
Lumen Shield (Lathe Worlds pg 57) - 200
Energy Cache - 100

Magos 3000/5000 - 3000 available
Lightning Attack - 100
The Flesh Is Weak (4) - 300
Basic Weapon Training (SP) - 100
Melee Weapon Training (Shock) - 200
WS Expert - 1000
Crippling Strike - 100
Toughness Trained - 500
Int Intermediate - 250
Will Intermediate - 250

Stats: 10#2d10 13 6 10 11 11 9 19 13 18 15
Starting Wounds: 1d5+7 11 Wounds
Fate Roll: 1d10 10 - 3 Fate Points
Divination: 1d100 59
Insanity: 1d5+1 6
Starting Money: 150+1d10+32*(150+(15*7)) 8320

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Sep 3, 2016

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

FireSight posted:

How much money do we start with, or how many months of money?

Let's say at least nine months of your highest rank's salary. That should be a fair amount of money to kit out; you guys should be seasoned acolytes but I think with that much only like the nobles will have a full suit of power armor and all that other stuff.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Aug 27, 2016

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Davith Waelon

A pict recording shows a darkened room with a single metal table and a chair. Chained to that table is a man who appears to be in his thirties wearing nice clothing. His hands are bandaged and he has a black eye.

"so the deal is I tell you how I was able to manipulate the Administratum for nearly 20 years, and in return you won't summarily execute me? Kind of a poo poo deal, but fine, I'll bite. I was able to manipulate the Administratum because I could. Though I guess you want me to start from the beginning huh? Fine. Mine is a tale of the revolving door between the public sector and the private sector.

I was born on a Rogue Trader's ship, the Hackath Dynasty, that plied their trade in the Kronus Expanse. They had a fleet really, and I was born on a cargo ship, called Claudia's Hammock which carried cargo. I didn't spend time on the Rogue Trader's ship, at least not yet. So on cargo ships you either are crew, a stevedore, or the people overseeing the two. I was a stevedore, or at least born to them. I just so happened to be really good at the logistics side of loading and unloading cargo, especially when it came to all the Administratum paperwork. Well I caught someone's attention who thought, 'hey this kid is good with Administratum stuff, let's have him go learn more!'

You know how they did that? They went to Port Wander, which is this big rear end station in Imperial Space on the border, and just had me sign up to join the Administratum. So I did. I was supposed to sit there and do my job, and learn all the ins and outs of the Administratum; the taxes, the forms, the protocol, all of it. I also was expected to use my position to push through anything I saw from the Hacketh Dynasty. Nothing illegal, just put their papers on the tops of the stack and all that.

At this time I had no idea what the Dynasty was doing."

Subject begins coughing and points at his throat. A glass of water is presented. Subject drinks from water and then continues.

"Okay, so this whole thing goes on for about 5 years. After it became clear I was really knowledgeable about the Administratum, someone from the Main Ship itself, The Moonless Gale came to me and said it was time to serve my Dynasty again. So I put in my notice with the Port Wander Administratum, and then went back to the fleet. So they made me a Bonded Emissary. The next six years was spent traveling the entire sector, putting out the House's fires with the Administratum. Whenever a world levied an unfair tax, goods were being held due to improper paperwork, or anything like that, I was dispatched to correct the issues, grease wheels, that sort of thing. And I was drat good at it, because I had done it; I had been in the shoes of those Administratum Adepts. Toiling away each day, reading the same forms for hours a day, doing something because your predecessor's predecessor read something the right way. So most of the time I show up, give them an example of how they are reading the regulations wrong, and they would relent.

At this time I had an inkling that the Dynasty was doing something wrong. I had suspicions they were trading in less than agreeable goods, but they were Rogue Traders, they get a certain degree of latitude."

Subject drinks more of the water. He pulls a lho stick from a gold packet, but someone off pict tells him he cannot smoke.

"So here I was, 29, and it was time for the door to revolve again. So here I was, someone with government and private sector experience. Then it turns out that the Rogue Trader Affairs Division of the Administratum on the capital needed some new blood, and I was perfect for the job. I was placed rather high in rank, and was put in charge of overseeing processing of a large number of all the documents for all the Rogue Traders operating in the Calixis Sector. This is where the outright corruption happened. I would regularly receive word of different shipments across the sector for the Hackath Dynasty. My job was to falsify documents. Sometimes it would be to change shipment type, other time it was to fudge the numbers of various loads, even change origin and departure information. I knew I was making whole ships worth of cargo disappear. And I was able to do it because I was too damned good at the job. No one higher up on the chain of review was smart enough to know what I was doing. Sure, they were much more intelligent than me, but they didn't have that practical experience. They never worked on both sides, and knew what had to be done, or falsified.

At this point I knew the Dynasty was doing some crooked poo poo, and even though I didn't know what, I was already too deep into it. How do you say know to the folks you've lived with and grown up with. That's your problem with Rogue Traders; they have this mystical cult around them because of their reputation, and people buy it. Oh I knew I was breaking the law, but poo poo, it was a Rogue Trader, they get to work outside the bounds of the law!

Well I guess I was wrong about that. Wasn't until you goons busted in my office and started asking about Halo devices and maledictums that I finally saw what it was the Rogue Traders were doing. So that is where we find ourselves. I know I broke enough laws that you could empty a full clip of bolt rounds into my skull. But why do that? If I was able to do what I did, there could be others out there like me doing the same work for other Rogue Traders, or Chartarists, or any other number of organizations. Unlike your folks at the top of the Administratum, I know exactly how to game the system and not get caught.

So you could kill me, or throw me in a penal world, or turn me into a servitor or whatever you were going to do. Or you could give me one of them fancy rosettes you have, and have me help you find other assholes, who you can then put a bolt round in. I'm already used to working under cover for organizations with nearly no limits. so this should be a walk in the park."

Pictcording ends. File contains an addendum, indicating offer was accepted.

pre:
Name: Davith Waelon
Homeworld: Void Born
Career Path: Adept->Bonded emmisary (rank 4) ->Desperado when we ascend 
Background: Void Commercia (200 exp)
Divination: "kill the alien before it can speak its lies" agility +2

Characteristics:
WS: 20=(20+5)-5[background]  
BS:  45=(20+10)+15[advance] 
S:    24=(15+9)
T:    24=(20+9)-5[background]
Ag:    43=(20+11) +2[divination]+10[advance]
Int:  56=(20+16)+20[advance]
Per:  41=(20+11)+10[advance]
WP:   37=(25+12)
Fel:  49=(20+14)+15[advance]

Wounds: 9
Insanity: 

Skills:
Barter +20
Blather +10
Deceive +20
Disguise
dodge
Charm +10
Evaluate+10
inquiry +10
Logic
Scrutiny
Pilot (spacecraft, civilian craft)
Trade (copyist)
Tech use +20
medicae
common lore (imperium +10,administratum +20,mercantile, tech)
Forbidden Lore (cults +20, heresy +20, archeotech +10)
Scholastic lore (mercantile +10, bureaucracy +10, heraldry +10)
Secret tongue (rogue trader dynasty, administratum)
Speak language (ship Dialect, low gothic, high gothic)
Navigation (stellar)
Literacy

Talents:
ambidextrous
Pistol training (sp, las, bolt)
Light sleeper
Sprint
Peer (administratum, nobility)
quick draw
rapid reload 
step aside
Resistance (psychic powers)
Talented (deceive, barter)

Traits:
Charmed: when use fate point roll 1d10, on a 9 the fate point is not spent.
Ill-omened: -5 on fellowship test to interact with non-void born
void accustomed: immune to space travel sickness. zero and low gravity are not difficult terrain
unnatural intelligence

Gear:
Stub revolver w/6 bullets
Admin robes
auto quill
chrono
data-slate
backpack

Monthly Income:180 
Starting Wealth: 5760
Remaining wealth: 6

Acquisitions:
2x common quality Mauler class bolt pistol: 750 
-40 bolt rounds 600
-2 red dot laser sights 100
2x common quality Mark IV command Laspistol: 300
-6 charge packs 60
-2 hotshot packs 30
-2 overcharge pack 24
- red dot laser sights 100
2x common quality encarmine pistols 180
-300 bullets 10
-5 clips manstoppers 100
Common quality armored body glove 1300
re-breather 50
Photovisor 100
medkit 100
Disguise kit 150
combitool 200
common quality cybernetic hand (left) 1000
Scribe tines. 600

Advances: EXP unspent 50

Archivist-500/500
Void Commercia 200
Pistol training (las) 200
Pilot (civilian craft) 100

scriviner-/500
Peer (administratum) 200
Blather 200
Forbidden lore (cults) 100

Scribe-1000/1000
logic 100
Ambidextrous 300
Common lore administratum 100
Common lore (administratum) +10 100
Secret tongue (administratum) 100
Blather +10 200
Forbidden lore (cults) +10 100

Bonded Emissary elite rank-1000/1000
quick draw 200
Deceive 100
deceive +10 100
Deceive +20 200
Disguise 100
Scholastic lore (heraldry) 100
Talented (deceive) 100
Talented (barter) 100

Scholar-3000/3000
Common lore (administratum) +20 100
Scholastic lore (bureaucracy) 100
Scholastic lore bureaucracy +10) 100
Dodge 100
Agility simple 250
agility intermediate 500
Intelligence simple 100
intelligence intermediate 250
intelligence trained 500
intelligence expert 500 
step aside 200 
pistol training bolt 200
speak language (high gothic) 100

Comptroller-/2000
Fellowship simple 250
Fellowship intermediate 500
fellowship 750
BS simple 250
barter +10 100
Charm +10 100
resistance (psychic powers) 50

Logister Comptroller-1950/2000
Resistance psychic powers 50 (cont)
BS intermediate 500
BS trained 750 
Perception simple 100
Perception intermediate 250
Evaluate +10 100
inquiry 100
inquiry +10 100
Medicae 50

Sage Logister 2950/3000
Medicae 50 (cont)
Scholastic lore (mercantile) 100
barter +20 200
Rapid reload 200 
peer nobility 100
FL cults +20 100
tech use 200
tech use +10 200
tech use +20  200
forbidden lore heresy 100
forbidden lore heresy +10 100
forbidden lore heresy +20 100
Forbidden lore archeotech 300
forbidden lore archeotech +10 300
Scholastic Lore heraldry +10 100
Scholastic lore mercantile +10 100
unnatural intelligence 500

stats: 10#2d10 10 5 5 9 14 11 12 16 9 11
fate points: 1d10 9
starting wounds: 1d5+6 9
divination: 1d100 18

Werix fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Aug 30, 2016

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Life in the Guard is simple. Not easy, but simple. You listen to your CO and do what he tells you. The only thing is there tends to be a whole lot of people trying to stop you from doing what he said to do. One of the reasons that Volkmere became a scout was because it gave him time away from most people. No more sergeant yelling at you for the most minor of infractions, usually nobody shooting at you and trying to send you to the Emperor's embrace. No, generally you had nothing but open skies (on the worlds where there was a sky to see) and fresh (relatively speaking) air. Some light recon, a shot taken from long range without anyone the wiser for it, and he'd slip away back to camp. Or maybe he'd take an extra day or two, claiming he was laying low while the enemy tried to find him. It wasn't dereliction of duty, really. Just a bit of unofficial R&R.

His eventual discharge found him on a hive world similar enough to home, but a little further upspire than where he was born. It wasn't the highborn quarters by a long shot, but neither was it the rotting ruin of the underhive. Joining the PDF wasn't a particularly appealing notion. Volkmere had enough of that in the service. A few private gigs here and there kept him fed and housed but it just didn't have the same appeal. The hive was massive but there was no sky to see. Even the distant ceilings of his level wouldn't cut it. A quick mercenary license application found him a job tracking down contraband runners on Dxun.

It was kind of funny how they turned out not to be bootleggers. Volkmere's first job had put him closer to the archenemy of mankind than any of the battles he'd fought in the Guard. The smugglers were bringing in trinkets and scriptures that hurt the eye to look upon. There, among the dozen dead and wounded, he was stunned and bag placed over his head. Waking up in manacles he found himself facing an inquisitor. He asked Christian what he knew of these heretics and was told, truthfully, not much. They ran contraband and there was a bounty out for their capture or death. It wasn't until looking at the goods that he knew they were more than that, but what they were Volkmere couldn't say.

Apparently that was a good enough answer for the inquisitor 'for now', as he said, but the acolytes wouldn't be able to get him back to claim the bounty anytime soon. It would have to be the long way for a trip home. That's alright. Volkmere would pitch in and do his part until they got him there.

pre:
Name: Christian Volkmere
Homeworld: Hive World
Career Path: Guardsman
Background: 
Elite Advances: 
Divination: “There are no civilians in the battle for survival.” Divination: 1d100 45

Characteristics: Stats: 10#2d10 6 15 19 9 15 9 11 10 11 9

WS:   49 = 20 + 15 +15 Advance
BS:   54 = 20 + 19 +15 Advance
S:    45 = 20 + 10 +15 Advance
T:    42 = 15 + 15 +2 Divination +10 Advance
Ag:   40 = 20 + 11 +10 Advance
Int:  34 = 20 +  9 +5 Advance
Per:  41 = 20 + 11 +10 Advance
WP:   29 = 20 +  9
Fel:  34 = 25 +  9

Wounds: 15/15
FP     : 1/1

Skills:

Awareness +20
Climb
Concealment +10
Demolition
Disguise
Drive (Ground Vehicle)
Dodge +10
Inquiry
Intimidate +10
Literacy
Navigate (Surface) +20
Pilot (Military Craft)
Secret Tongue (Military)
Security +10
Shadowing
Silent Move +10
Speak Language (Hive Dialect)
Swim
Tech-Use
Tracking

Talents:

Basic Weapon Training (Las, SP)
Crack Shot
Deadeye Shot
Exotic Weapon Training (Needle Rifle)
Hard Target
Leap Up
Lightning Attack
Lightning Reflexes
Melee Weapon Training (Chain, Power, Primitive)
Mighty Shot
Pistol Training (Las, SP)
Quick Draw
Rapid Reload
Sharpshooter
Swift Attack
Takedown
Thrown Weapon Training

Traits:

Accustomed to Crowds
Caves of Steel
Hivebound
Wary

Gear:

Best Mono Sword
Best Mono Bolo Knife
Carnodon pistol w/ 30 Manstopper
Las Pistol w/ 3 clip
Lasgun w/ 3 clip
Knife
Good Guard flak armor
1 week rations
Mercenary license

Starting Wealth+Class: 3040 - Guardsman

Acquisitions:

Long-las                   100
 - Red Dot sight            50
 - Whisper bolt discharger  80

Upgrade Sword -> Best      135
Upgrade Sword -> Mono       40
2 long las clips            30
2 laspistol clips           20
Camo cloak                 500
Infravision goggles        275
Microbead                   20
Bolo Knife                 540
Carnodon pistol            200
30 Manstopper rounds        25
Multikey                   150
Flak armor -> Good         600
Combi-tool                 200
3 Smoke grenades            15
2 Photon Flash grenades    120

45 Thrones

XP:                13000/13000

Conscript                0-499
Awareness                  100
Thrown Weapon Training     100
Sound Consitution          100
Sound Consitution          100
Drive (Ground Vehicle)     100

Guard                  500-999
Dodge                      100
Quick Draw                 100
Agility +5                 250
Inquiry                    200

Armsman              1000-1999
Rapid Reload               100
Swift Attack               200
Literacy                   300
WS +5                      100
BS +5                      100
Intimidate                 100

Sergeant             2000-2999
Inquiry +10                200
Strength +5                100
Toughness +5               250
Takedown                   100
Intimidate +10             100
Pilot (Military Craft)     100
Secret Tongue (Military)   100
Demolition                 100

Veteran              3000-5999
Dodge +10                  100
Agility +5                 500
Hard Target                100
Search                     200
WS +5                      250
BS +5                      250
Strength +5                250
Toughness +5               500
Perception +5              250
Perception +5              500
Melee Training (Chain)     100

Scout                6000-7999
Awareness +10              100
Deadeye Shot               100
Concealment                200
Security                   200
Silent Move                200
Heightened Senses (Sight)  200
Leap Up                    200
Melee Training (Power)     200
Navigate (Surface)         100
Navigate (Surface) +10     100
Navigate (Surface) +20     100
Climb                      200
Pistol Weapon (SP)         100

Marksman             8000-9999
Mighty Shot                100
Concealment +10            200
Security +10               200
Lightning Reflexes         200
Sharpshooter               200
Shadowing                  300
Disguise                   300
BS +5                      500

Sniper             10000-14999
Awareness +20              100
Silent Move +10            200
Tracking                   300
Crack Shot                 300
Exotic Training (Needle R) 300
Lightning Attack           300
Int +5                     500
WS +5                      500
Str +5                     500

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Sep 3, 2016

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

John Dyne posted:

Let's say at least nine months of your highest rank's salary. That should be a fair amount of money to kit out; you guys should be seasoned acolytes but I think with that much only like the nobles will have a full suit of power armor and all that other stuff.

I do want to point out that on page 29 there is a box that says that for higher level characters you are supposed to get one month's salary for every 400 exp, so that is like 32 months worth.

Not saying 9 isn't fair, but just putting into perspective what the book thinks we should have.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Werix posted:

I do want to point out that on page 29 there is a box that says that for higher level characters you are supposed to get one month's salary for every 400 exp, so that is like 32 months worth.

Not saying 9 isn't fair, but just putting into perspective what the book thinks we should have.

I missed this part, so yes. Change it to 32 months.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Polonia Samsara

Within the gleaming iridium edged spires of Lucian IV ("where the hymns are modulated, and democracy happens at just under the speed of light!") it is common practice to raise the children of citizens in a more communal setting. This serves several important purposes: it keeps them out of their parent's hair while they do important things, inculcates them with the basics of a citizen's education, and ensures there's a qualified responder on had when one of the ministorum novitates starts levitating her toys. That last one doesn't come up quite as often as you think, but it did when Polonia was in kindergarden. She's notably circumspect about her sanctioning experience, even around other psykers; if there's anything that the masters of the Black Ships are good at, it's doing whatever it takes to get bewildered children with an eye for circuit design to become productive members of society.

Polonia Samsara (technically, Provost Psykana Motus Polonia Samsara) is a rarity among inquisitorial operatives: a former operative. Having spent a considerable length of time risking her life in service to inquisitor Magdelene Forsythe, Polonia left active field duty with a glowing recommendation of "not dead or crazy" to take up a teaching position at the Scholastica Psykana Universis Gothica. She spends most of her time studying for her Primaris certification testing in between molding traumatized young sactionites into slightly less traumatized, slightly older sanctionites -- they like you to have some teaching hours. That's all out the window now, since her ladyship the inquisitor has displayed her usual disregard for other people's plans and summoned her "favorite ablative brain-shield" to participate in some expression of the labyrintine structure of inquisitorial honor debts.

Something about a cult on the other side of the galaxy? It's probably nothing.

pre:
Name          : Polonia Samsara
Homeworld     : The Electro-Theo Democracy of Lucius IV (Imperial World)
Career        : Imperial Psyker
Divination    : "Only in death does duty end."
Background    : Living Nightmare 

characteristics, http://orokos.com/roll/430960
divination: 1d100 36
fate: 1d10 10
wounds: 1d5 3
sactioning insanity: 1d5 3
background insanity: 1d10 7

WS:  31 = 20 + 11 +  
BS:  32 = 20 + 12 +  
S:   27 = 20 + 07 +  
T:   34 = 20 + 14 +  
Agi: 33 = 20 + 13 +  
Int: 51 = 20 + 16 + 15 
Per: 53 = 20 + 18 + 15 
WP:  66 = 28 + 18 + 20
Fel: 34 = 20 + 14 +  

Wounds    : 15
Move      : 3/6/9/18
Fate      : 3/3
Insanity  : 10

Skills: 
 Common Lore (Imperial Creed, Imperium, War)
 Speak Language (Low Gothic, High Gothic) (Int)
 Psyniscience +20 (Per)  
 Trade (Soothsayer) (Fel) 
 Literacy (Int)
 FL (inquisition, cults, daemonology, heresy, xenos, psykers, warp)  
 psyniscience +20   
 SL (Philosophy)    
 scrutiny +10               
 invocation +20      
 dodge +10   
 tech use +10 
 chem use +10 
 medicae 
 logic
 awareness +10 
 perforn (singer)
 evaluate
 secret tongue (acolyte)

Talents: 
 Psy Rating 1 (2 Minor Powers)
 Melee Weapon Training (Primitive), Pistol Weapon Training (SP)
 Resistance (Psychic Powers, Fear)
 Psy Rating 2 (3 Minor Powers)
 Psy Rating 3 (3 Minor Powers, Telekinetics Discipline, Precision Telekinesis)
 Psy Rating 4 (Biomancy Discipline, Close Wounds )
 Psy Rating 5 (3 Minor Powers, Psychic Blade, Psychic Crush, Force Bolt)
 Psy Rating 6 (Divination Discipline, Glimpse)
 Discipline focus (Telekinetics, Biomancy, Divination)
 Mental Fortress
 Strong Minded
 Air of Authority
 Master Orator
 Dark Soul
 Armor of Contempt
 Peer (Inquisition, Government)
 power well 2
 jaded 
 TWW ballistic  
 favored by the warp
 corpus conversion   

Powers: +8 (+10 for focused, TK/Bio/Div)
 Minor Powers:
  Knack
  Sense Presence
  Spasm
  Weapon Jinx
  Trusting Aura
  Suggestion
  Space Slip
  Precognition
  Fearful aura
  Float
  Lucky
  Haywire
  Endure Flames
  Chameleon
  Call Item

Telekinetics (Mastered, reduce PT by 5):
  Precision TK
  Force Barrage
  Push
  TK Shield
  Catch Projectiles
  Psychic Blade
  Psychic Crush
  Force Bolt
  TK Storm
  Fling

Biomancy: 
  Close Wounds
  Shape Flesh
  Flesh Like Steel  

Divination:
  Glimpse
  Preternatural Awareness

Traits: 
 Blessed Ignorance (-5 to F. Lore)
 Hagiography(Common Lore (Imperial Creed, Imperium, War)))
 Liturgical Familiarity (Literacy (Int), Speak Language (High Gothic))
 Superior Origins (WP +3)
 Sanctioned Psyker (Unlovely Memories, 1d5 insanity)
 Unreadable Mind

Gear:
 psykana mercy blade
 book of Imperial saints (see psy focus)
 sanctioning brand (Scholastica Psykana seal on back of hand)
 psy-focus (acunningly crafted pendant-sized Lucian transistor-library, 
     which repeats various catchetisms into the mind whenver held by bare skin)

Acquisitions: (32 Months = 3808 thrones )
 Official Scholastica Psykana Robes        100
	(GC Clothing)
 Magistratum Combat Carapace               1100
 Mesh Combat Cloak (for discretion)        350
	scholastica psykana lumen-heraldry     70
 good micro bead                           60
 best saber                                150
	mono upgrade                           40
 2x Carnodon Hand Cannons                  400
 20 rlds of expander bullets               60
 50 regular reloads                        10
 2x encarmine autopistols                  180
 30 regular reloads                        24
 10 reloads of man-stoppers                200
 a number of disappointingly- 
	formulaic penthrift dreadfuls          5

1131 thrones leftover

Advances: 13000/13000

Sanctionite 0-500
 living nightmare (background) 300
 simple WP                     100
 simple PER                    100

Neonate 500-1000
 intermediate WP               250
 intermediate per              250

Aspirant 1000-2000
 trained WP                    500
 psy rating 2                  200
 Forbidden Lore (warp)         100
 simple int                    100

Scholar Materium 2000-3000
 expert WP                     750
 intermediate int              250

Scholar Medicae 3000-6000
 psy rating 3                  200
 psy rating 4                  200
 psychic power force barrage   100
 psychic power shape flesh     100
 dodge                         100
 awareness                     100
 sound constitution X2         400
 awareness +10                 100 
 power well 1                  200
 logic                         100
 medicae                       100
 chem use                      100
 chem use +10                  100
 invocation +10                100
 tech use                      100
 tech use +10                  100
 jaded                         100
 scrutiny                      100
 forbidden lore (psykers)      100
 evaluate                      100
 forbidden lore (psykers) +10  100
 psyniscience +10              100
 TWW ballistic                 100
 secret tounge (acolyte)       100

Scholar Arcanum 6000-8000
 power well 2                  200
 favored by the warp           200
 corpus conversion             200
 discipline focus (TK)         200
 dodge +10                     100
 invocation +10                100
 psychic power push            100
 psychic power TK shield       100
 FL (the warp) +10             100
 psy power catch projectiles   100
 FL (heresy)                   300
 FL (xenos)                    100
 invocation +20                100
 FL (psykers) +20              100

Scholar Obscurus 8000-10000 
 Psy rating 5                  200
 Resistance (fear)             100
 Discipline focus (Biomancy)   200
 Mental fortress               200
 FL (Daemonology)              300
 psyniscience +20              100
 SL (Philosophy)               100
 scrutiny +10                  100
 dark soul                     200
 psychic power TK Storm        100
 psychic power Fling           100
 trained per                   500

Scholar Empyrean 10000-15000 (3000/5000)
 spillover from trained per    200
 psy rating 6                  200
 armor of contempt             100
 discipline focus (divination) 100
 trained int                   500
 sound constitution            200
 power flesh like iron         100
 power preternatural awareness 100
 minor psy power X4            400 
 nerves of steel               100
 FL (inquisition)              200
 FL (cults)                    200
 air of authority              100
 master orator                 100
 peer (inquisition)            200
 peer (government)             100
 perform (singer)              100

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Sep 5, 2016

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
I have been told on Internet Relay Chat I need to inform Dyne that I am working on a character for his Dark Heresy: Ascension game.

(lolololol Sormus applying to dynegame, expect a lovely comedy character)

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Sormus posted:

(lolololol Sormus applying to dynegame, expect a lovely comedy character)

Don't you get it? Thats what we WANT.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Valencia Atalia Conquista de Lucinda

An outgoing

Ambitious and cunning, Valencia Atalia Conquista de Lucinda is far from an ordinary techpriest. Her extensive augmentations are cloaked by flesh; her outgoing personality and love of life's pleasures are genuine, if at times exaggerated. The crimson-clad woman is a skilled negotiator, but unhesitating when it seems violence will be a more effective solution.

Born the third child of a powerful noble house from the plant Rolaria, Valencia carries ambition close to her heart. As a teen, she demonstrated an affinity for tinkering with technology, disassembling and combining toys and household apparatii into new devices. Her parents were concerned, especially when a Techpriest took notice. Fortunately, the Mechanicum agent saw potential in the young girl's aptitude, not heresy, and so she was taken to Mars.

Valencia's skills as a keeper of technological secrets grew quickly, but she never quite fit in. Unlike her peers, the noblewoman had no desire to give up her humanity in pursuit of holy machine, preserving her emotions and proclivities. That is not to say she did not embrace augmentation; her body is extensively modified. But she kept her form within human bounds, even as she improved herself.

The Mechanicus does not like to waste its resources, and it found a place for Valencia's odditites. With her subtle prompting, she became a Factor, working as a go-between between the ascended priests of the Forge Worlds and the leaders of conventional humanity. Valencia was pleased with the result. Vat grown flesh let her indulge vanity, while keeping the augmented abilities she loved a deadly surprise.

But it was not enough. She grew bored adjudicating contracts, but had no clear path forward, for her bias towards external life made her unsuited for AdMech promotion. Fortune, or perhap's the Emperor's will, paved the way. Valencia found herself in a position to aid the Inquisition in tracking down a vile Heretek, and here she found another purpose.

Calling in a favor she'd collected during her time as a a Factor, Valencia got herself assigned to the Inquisition full time. She worked case after case for an assortment of Inquisitors, slowly developing a reputation for effectiveness. When rumors of the last-chance mission reached her, she cashed in another favor to get herself assigned. After all, a prestigious man's last shot at glory offered quite an opportunity for personal gain.

Helping the Imperium was nice, too, of course, but Valencia saw quite the opportunity to rise in standing...As a child, she demonstrated an affinity for tinkering with technology, disassembling and combining toys and household apparatii into new devices. Her parents were concerned, especially when a Techpriest took notice. Fortunately, the Mechanicum agent saw potential in the young girl's aptitude, not heresy, and so she was taken to Mars.

Valencia's skills as a keeper of technological secrets grew quickly, but she never quite fit in. Unlike her peers, the noblewoman had no desire to give up her humanity in pursuit of holy machine, preserving her emotions and proclivities. That is not to say she did not embrace augmentation; her body is extensively modified. But she kept her form within human bounds, even as she improved herself.

The Mechanicus does not like to waste its resources, and it found a place for Valencia's odditites. With her subtle prompting, she became a Factor, working as a go-between between the ascended priests of the Forge Worlds and the leaders of conventional humanity. Valencia was pleased with the result. Vat grown flesh let her indulge vanity, while keeping the augmented abilities she loved a deadly surprise.

But it was not enough. She grew bored adjudicating contracts, but had no clear path forward, for her bias towards external life made her unsuited for AdMech promotion. Fortune, or perhap's the Emperor's will, paved the way. Valencia found herself in a position to aid the Inquisition in tracking down a vile Heretek, and here she found another purpose.

Calling in a favor she'd collected during her time as a a Factor, Valencia got herself assigned to the Inquisition full time. She worked case after case for an assortment of Inquisitors, slowly developing a reputation for effectiveness. When rumors of the last-chance mission reached her, she cashed in another favor to get herself assigned. After all, a prestigious man's last shot at glory offered quite an opportunity for personal gain.

Helping the Imperium was nice, too, of course, but Valencia saw quite the opportunity to rise in standing...

[I will go Inquisitor or Interrogator, depending what else is in the party]

pre:
origin: noble born
Career: Tech Priest w/ Magos swapped for Factor of the Lathe

Stats:
Weapon Skill 20 +8 +5 +5 +5=      43
Ballistic Skill 20 +7 +5=         32
Strength 20+10+5+10[gear]=        45
Toughness 20 +12+5+5=             42
Agility 20+15=                    35
Intelligence 20 +16 +5+5=         46
Perception 20 +6=                 26
Willpower 15 +18 +5+5+5=          48
Fellowship 25 +10 +5 +5 +5 +5=    55

15 Wounds

3 fate points

Skills
Charm +10
Common Lore (Tech)
Deceive +10
Diplomacy +10
Disguise
Drive: Ground Vehicle
Evaluate
Inquiry +10
Interrogation +10
Logic +10
Literacy (int) +10
Medicae +10
Scrutiny
Secret Tongue (Tech) (int)
Security
Speak Language (High Gothic) (int)
Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int) +10
Tech-Use +20 (int)
Trade (Copyist) (int)

Traits:
Etiquette: You gain a +10 bonus on Charm, Deceive and Scrutiny Tests when dealing with high authority and in formal situations.
Vendetta
Mechanicus Implants
Fabricated Flesh

Talents: 
Melee Weapon Training (primitive)
Basic Weapon Training (Las)
Pistol Training (las)
Eletro Graft Use
Peer (Nobility)
Peer (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Sound Constitution [4]
Luminen Charge
Luminen Shock
Luminen Blast
Luminen Shield
Luminen Surge
Luminen Flare
Luminen Barrier
The Flesh Is Weak [4]
Autosanguine
Electrical Succour
Mimic
Two Weapon Wielder [melee]
Ferric Lure
Ferric Summons
Ambidextrous
Melee Weapon Training (power)
Energy Cache
Maglev Grace
Maglev Trancendence
Fearless
Blademaster
Combat Master
Swift Attack
Prosanguine

Implants and Cybernetics:
Enhanced Potentia Coil
Good Bionic Arm
Good Bionic Arm 
Good bionic Legs
Good Concealed Bionic Power Sword (weapon counts as Best) (in left arm)
Good Concealed Bionic Power Sword (weapon counts as Best) (in right arm)

Gear:
Dragon Scale (8 armor all over, includes photo-visor, respirator, and +10 Strength)
Metal staff
knife
glow lamp
data-slate
Mechanicus robes and vestments (Good Quality
Clothing)
1d10 spare parts (power cells, wires, chronometers
etc)
vial of Sacred Machine Oil

13000/13000 exp
Advances:

0 Technographer 
Skill: Common Lore  (Tech) [100]
Skill: Logic [100]
Talent: Sound Constitution [100]
Intelligence +5 [100]
Willpower +5 [100]

500 Mech-Wright
Talent: Luminen Charge [100]
Talent: Luminen Shock  [200]
Skill: Security [100]
Talent: The Flesh is Weak [100]

1000 Electro-Priest
Talent: Luminen Blast [200]
Talent: Sound Constutition [100]
Tech-Use +10 [100]
Logic +10 [100]
Skill: Toughness +5 [100]
Skill: Evaluate [100]
Talent: Mimic [100]
Talent: Eletrical Succour [100]
Talent: Sound Constitution [100]

2000 Engiseer
Talent: The Flesh is Weak [100]
Talent: Luminen Shield [200]
Talent: Luminen Surge [200]
Skill: Tech-Use +10 [100]
Talent: Two-Weapon Wielder [melee] 200
Talent: Ferric Lure [100] 
Talent: Abidextrous [100]

3000 Tech-Priest
Talent: Energy Cache [100]
Talent: Melee Weapon Training (power) [200]
Talent: Maglev Grace [200]
Weapon Skill +5 [250]
Weapon Skill +5 [500]
Weapon Skill +5 [750]
Strength +5 [500]
Intelligence +5 [250]
Willpower +5 [250]

6000 Technomancer
Talent: Luminen Flare [300]
Talent: Luminen Barrier [400]
WIllpower +5 [500]
Talent: The Flesh is Weak [200]
Talent: Autosanguine [100]
Talent: Fearless [100]
Talent:  Sound Constitution [100]
Deceive [200]
Interrogation [100]

8000 Cyber-Seer
Maglev Transcendence [200]
Deceive +10 [200]
Talent: Blademaster [100]
Talent: Combat Master [100]
Talent: Swift Attack [100]
Talent: Ferric Summons [200]
Interrogation +10 [200]
Ballistic Skill +5 [250]
Toghness +5 [250]
Skill: Drive (ground vehicle) [100]
Talent: Prosanguine [100]
Skill: Medicae [100]
Medicae +10 [100]

10000 Factor of the Lathe
Talent: The Flesh is Weak [300]
Trait: Fabricated Flesh [0]
FEllowship +5 [100]
Fellowship +5 [250]
Fellowship +5 [500]
FEllowship +5 [750]
Skill: Charm [100]
SKill: Charm +10 [200]
Skill: Scrutiny [200]
Skill: Disguise [100]
Skill: Diplomacy [100]
Skill: Diplomacy +10 [200]
Skill: Inquiry [100]
Skill: Inquiry +10 [100]

Esser-Z fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 8, 2016

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Zacharias

A young woman steps onto the threshold of the gambling den and scrapes the muck from her boots as best she can. It makes little difference, as the stairs descending to the den are just as slick with filth as the street. She slowly descends, clutching the railing for fear of slipping. Reaching the bottom, she gingerly pushes open the door and steps through. Inside the den is thick with the stench of lho, with a faint note of something more exotic. The heavy air distorts the light and casts irregular shadows across the patrons, who eye the young intruder suspiciously. She ignores them as best she can as she searches for her target.

The elderly man playing cards, his brow wrinkled in concentration, doesn't look up at the young woman when she stops at his table. She clears her throat and one of the man's companions laughs. "Hey Enos, looks like ya got an admirer."
"I'm busy," the man responds, not taking his eyes off his cards.
"Zacharias Enos," the woman says, "I have a message from an old friend."
"I said I'm busy. I'm down twelve hundred thrones and I gotta win 'em back before I get too drunk to play. Why don't you wait over there?" Enos jerks his head toward a bar in the corner.
"Dukovich said you were a charmer," the woman replies with a smirk.
He places his cards on the table and smiles thinly. "Dukovich. That bastard," he murmurs. "Ok, guess it's time to cut my losses," he announces to the table.
"Enos, c'mon! Surely ya got a few more thrones for me to win before ya go," cackles his companion.
There is a sudden flash of metal from Enos' robes and with a snap, a long silver rod is suddenly lodged in the companion's eye socket. A psychic scream rips through the minds of the den's patrons, tearing at their sanity. The woman collapses to the floor, stunned.

A leathery hand reaches down to the woman, and she gingerly takes it. "Rogue psyker, been cheating and stealing my money all night," Enos says as he helps her to her feet. He grabs a handful of thrones from the table and heads for the door. "We better get going, no doubt this is an end-of-the-Imperium deal. Always are with Dukovich."

pre:
Name: Zacharias Holmgeirr Enos
Homeworld: Maccabeus Quintus (Imperial World)
Career: Confessor (Cleric) -> Exorcist -> Heirophant
Divination: There Is No Substitute for Zeal - +2 Toughness and Willpower

Characteristics:
WS   43  (20 + 13 + 10 (Advances))
BS   26  (20 + 6)
S    44  (20 + 14 + 10 (Advances))
T    40  (20 + 16 + 2 (Divination) - 3 (Barren World) + 5 (Advances))
Ag   42  (20 + 12 + 10 (Advances))
Int  33  (20 + 8 + 5 (Advances))
Per  27  (20 + 7)
WP   55  (20 + 18 + 2 (Divination) + 15 (Advances))
Fel  30  (20 + 5 + 5 (Advances))

Wounds: 18
Fate: 3
CP: 
IP: 

Skills:
Awareness +20
Common Lore (Imperial Creed)
Dodge +10
Forbidden Lore (Daemonology +20, Psykers +20)
Interrogation +10
Literacy
Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic)

Talents:
Basic Weapon Training (Primitive)
Combat Master
Crushing Blow
Disarm
Disturbing Voice
Fearless
Hard Target
Hatred (Daemons)
Into the Jaws of Hell
Iron Discipline
Iron Jaw
Litany of Hate
Master Orator
Melee Weapon Training (Power, Primitive)
Nerves of Steel
Orthoproxy
Pistol Training (Bolt, Flame, SP)
Quick Draw
Pure Faith
Resistance (Cold, Fear, Psychic Powers)
Speed Reading
Sprint
Strong Minded
Swift Attack
True Grit
Unshakeable Faith

Traits:
Barren World - –5 to Perception Tests for sight, -3 Toughness, gain Resistance (Cold)
Blessed Ignorance - -5 to Forbidden Lore tests
Hagiography - Common Lore (Imperial Creed, Imperium, War) are Basic Skills
Liturgical Familiarity - Literacy and Speak Language (High Gothic) are Basic Skills

Faith Powers:
Armour of Contempt
Aura of Faith
Burden of Guilt
Daemon Trap
Divine Guidance
Divine Symbol
Hand of the Emperor
Holy Radiance
Might of the Emperor
The Passion
Repel Daemon
Seal of Purity
Soul Decay
Wrath of the Righteous

Gear:
Stub revolver and 6 bullets
Excruciator kit
Aquila necklace
Charm (skull)
4 Candles
Backpack
Shield robes

Sanctified Best Craftsmanship Great Hammer - 1,200
Catechist Pattern Stake-Crossbow - 750
4 Stakes - 200
Sacristan Bolt Pistol - 380
Enforcer Light Carapace - 575
Amasec - 50

Thrones: 45

Experience: 100 / 13,000

Advances:
 Confessor
WS +5                             250
WS +10                            500
 Initiate
S +5                              250
 Priest
S +10                             500
T +5                              250
Ag +5                             250
 Black Priest of Maccabeus
Ag +10                            500
Int +5                            250
WP +5                             100
WP +10                            250
 Cleric
Awareness                         100
Disturbing Voice                  200
Pure Faith                        200
Burden of Guilt                   200
Holy Radiance                     200
Soul Decay                        200 
Repel Daemon                      200
Sound Constitution                100
Awareness +10                     100
Dodge                             100
Disarm                            100
Sprint                            100
Hard Target                       200
Quick Draw                        200
Forbidden Lore (Daemonology)      100
Forbidden Lore (Daemonology) +10  100
Hatred (Daemons)                  100
Unshakeable Faith                 100
 Exorcist
Pistol Training (Bolt)            200
Pistol Training (Flame)           200
Forbidden Lore (Psykers)          100
Iron Jaw                          100
Nerves of Steel                   100
True Grit                         100
Crushing Blow                     200
Swift Attack                      300
Dodge +10                         100
Forbidden Lore (Psykers) +10      100
Interrogation +10                 100
Resistance (Psychic Powers)       100
Melee Weapon Training (Power)     100
Resistance (Fear)                 200
 Arch Exorcist
Speak Language (High Gothic)      100
Sound Costitution                 100
Armour of Contempt                200
Wrath of the Righteous            200
Strong Minded                     200
Forbidden Lore (Daemonology) +20  200
Fearless                          400
Hand of the Emperor               200
Divine Guidance                   200
 Redemptionist
The Passion                       200
Fel +5                            100
Master Orator                     100
Might of the Emperor              200
Awareness +20                     100
Forbidden Lore (Psykers) +20      100
Interrogation +20                 100
Combat Master                     100
Iron Discipline                   100
Into the Jaws of Hell             100
Litany of Hate                    100
Orthoproxy                        200
Speed Reading                     200
Daemon Trap                       200
Divine Symbol                     200
Aura of Faith                     300
Seal of Purity                    200
WP +15                            500

Characteristics: 10#2d10 18 16 14 13 12 8 7 6 5 4
Wounds: 1d5+8 13
Fate: 1d10 1
Divination: 1d100 98

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Sep 10, 2016

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

*Bio upcoming pending Dyne's approval of GKs*

pre:
Name: Brother Baldricus Raphael Brassica 
History: The Hunt Continues
Specialisation: Strike Squad 
Heraldry: Sword & Skull 

Characteristics:
WS:   51 = 30+13+5+3
BS:   40 = 30+10
S:    43 = 30+13
T:    44 = 30+14
Ag:   37 = 30+7
Int:  40 = 30+10
Per:  38 = 30+8
WP:   48 = 30+10+5+3
Fel:  36 = 30+6

Wounds: 20
Fate Points: 5

Skills:
Awareness, 
Ciphers (Grey Knight),
Climb, 
Dodge, 
Common Lore (Adeptus Astartes, Imperium, War), 
Concealment, 
Drive (Ground Vehicles), 
Forbidden Lore (Daemonology, Inquisition), 
Intimidate, 
Invocation, 
Literacy,
Navigation (Surface), 
Psyniscience, 
Scholastic Lore (Codex Astartes), 
Silent Move, Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic), 
Tracking

Command (Strike Squad)

Talents:
Ambidextrous, 
And They Shall Know No Fear, 
Astartes Weapons Training, 
Brotherhood of Psykers,
Bulging Biceps, 
Daemon Hunter, 
Hatred (Daemons), 
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight), 
Nerves of Steel, 
Psy Rating 2, 
Quick Draw, 
Resistance (Psychic Powers), 
True Grit, 
Warp Bane.

Swift Attack (Strike Squad)

Traits/Cybernetics:
Angel Of Death 
Rapid Assault

Psyker Witchcraft:
Divine Shot
Catch Projectiles

Gear:
Grey Knight Power Armour  Body: 10, All other: 8 
Astartes Storm Bolter     Basic 100m S/2/4 1d10+9X Pen. 5 Clip: 60 Rld: 2Full | Storm, Tearing
Nemesis Force Sword       Melee            1d10+2E Pen. 2                     | Power Field, Sanctified, Balanced
copy of the Liber Daemonica

Advances: Chargen 12k/13k 1000 unspent

Rank 1 
Wall of Steel 500
Step Aside 500

Slap SquatThrust

Choice excerpts From Chief Justice Adamantium Hardpec's report pertaining to Arbite Slap SquatThrust, Flex System, Hive City Gunshow-3A posted:

.. UTTER disregard to civilian life and COMPLETE ignorance to social norms..
.. DEVASTATING consequences to natural wildlife .. eventually leading into TOTAL collapse of biosphere in aquaponic garden XIV-123Theta
.. NONCHALANT attitude towards long-lasting damage caused to the Sub-Hive..

Report from Sub-Hive Tech Cult liaison posted:

Primarily based on your lifelong Frankenstein Radio Controls,
especially your Eyesight TV sight-and-sound recorded by your brain,
your moon-brain of the Computer God activates your Frankenstein threshold
Brain-wash Radio - lifelong inculcating conformist propaganda. Even frightening you and mixing you up and the usual
"Don't worry about it" for your setbacks, mistakes - even when you receivedeadly injuries!

The Mechanicum would like to apologize for the malfunction of Liaison-Unit 5436-Omicron. He has not been himself since the incident with the lathe incident.

Sergeant Thickjaw
: "You're a loose cannon, SlapThrust! I can't have you running around the System willy-nilly breaking spines! It's just not respectable."
SlapThrust: "I get results, Hack! It's not my fault that sometimes the only way to deal with a bad situation is to use a little force!"
Sergeant Thickjaw: "One more mistake and you're out, SlapThrust. I'll have your guns and shield!"
SlapThrust: "You can't blame me for what happened at Hab-Wing. That servitor was clearly reaching for its gun"
Thickjaw: "THAT SERVITOR was serving a drink to an old Priest. A priest that was 3 days from retirement! You wasted them both!"
SlapThrust: "Talk about saving the tithepayers money."
Thickjaw: "THATS IT. I'm sending you on an away-mission to the Inquisition. I'm hoping they either execute or hire you so that our force will finally be rid of your renegade methods!"
pre:
Slap SquatThrust
Homeworld: Hive World
Career Path: Arbites -> Legate Investigator -> Proctor -> Ascending into Judge

WS BS S T Ag Int Per WP Fel
42 40 45 37 30 46 31 32 41

Movement: 3/6/9/18

Wounds: 20
Corruption Points:0
Insanity Points: 0
Fate Points: 2

Skills:
Awareness, 
Ciphers (War Cant, Inquisition, Acolyte, Underworld), 
Common Lore (Adeptus Arbites +10, Administratum, Imperium, Underworld, War), 
Dodge, 
Forbidden Lore 
(Heresy, Mutants, Cults, Psykers), 
Inquiry, Interrogation, 
Intimidate, 
Literacy, 
Scholastic Lore (Bureaucracy, Judgement, Philosophy), 
Scrutiny, 
Secret Tongue (Acolyte), 

Talents: 
Basic Weapon Training (SP), 
Pistol Weapon Training (SP, Bolt), 
Heavy Weapon Training (SP), 
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive, Shock), 
Quick Draw, 
Peer (Adeptus Arbites, Military, Inquisition), 
Leap up, 
Sprint, 
Bulging Biceps, 
Crack Shot, 
Mighty Shot

Traits: 
Accustomed to crowds, 
Hivebound, 
Wary

Armour: 
Enforcer Light Carapace               5ap Arms, Body, Legs
Carapace Helm                         4ap Head

Weapons: 
Heavy Stubber (+600 bullets)
Bolt Pistol   (+16 bolts)
Best-Quality Shock Maul

Acquisitions: 3866 Thrones.
Common-Quality Heavy Stubber                  750
Common-Quality bolt Pistol                    500
Best-Quality Shock Maul                      1500
Common-Quality Enforcer Light Carapace        575
Common- Quality carapace Helm                 250
600 Bullets                                    30
16 Bolt shells                   REST OF MY MONEY

Spent Exp: 13k / 13k
Agility			+5	500
Awareness                       100
Ballistic Skill	+5		100
Ballistic Skill	+5		250
Ballistic Skill	+5		500
Bulging Biceps			100

Ciphers
 -Inquisition			200
 -Acolyte			200
 -Underworld			100
 -War Cant                      200

Common Lore
 -Administratum			100
 -Underworld			100
 -War				200

Crack Shot			300
Dodge				100
Fellowship		+5	250
Fellowship		+5	500

Forbidden Lore
 -Heresy			100
 -Mutants			100
 -Cults				100
 -Psykers			100

Heavy Training 
 -SP				200

Intelligence	+5		100
Intelligence	+5		250
Intelligence	+5		500
Interrogation			100
Intimidate			100
Leap Up				100
Melee Training
 -Shock				100
Mighty Shot			300

Peer 
 -Arbites			100
 -Military			200
 -Inquisition			200

Perception		+5	250
Pistol Training 
 -Bolt				100
 -SP				100

Scholastic Lore 
 -Bureaucracy			200
 -Judgement			100
 -Philosophy			200

Scrutiny			100

Secret Tongue
 -Military			200
 -Acolyte			200

Sound Constitution		100
Sound Constitution		100
Sound Constitution		100
Sound Constitution		100
Sound Constitution		100
Sound Constitution		200
Sound Constitution		300
Sound Constitution		300
Sound Constitution		300
Sound Constitution		300
Sound Constitution		300
Sprint				200
Strength		+5	500
Strength		+5	750
Toughness		+5	100
Toughness		+5	250
Weapon Skill	+5		250
Weapon skill	+5		500
Willpower		+5 	250

Sormus fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Sep 12, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
This space is going to be reserved for the worlds worst assassin with laughably bad stats:

Stats: http://orokos.com/roll/434188 = 3, 3, 4, 7, 7, 7, 9, 10 13, 18

Divination: http://orokos.com/roll/434190 A Wise man learns from the death of others: +3 int

Wounds: http://orokos.com/roll/434191 = 13

Fate: http://orokos.com/roll/434192 = 3

Starting Money = (120 + (12*8) * 32 = 6912

---

quote:

Excerpts from Inquisitorial Record Alpha 346-77651GAMMA
Please note that dissemination of classified inquisitorial documents is considered treason of the highest order and will be met with punishment befitting such a crime.

Personnel Report - Balthazar Jones - Codename "Blue Fang"

...Certainly a rare specimen. Came to Ordos attention during pacification action against [INFORMATION REDACTED] in which he proved to be a valuable asset. Has successfully completed 18 assignments with 74 confirmed kills, 36 of which came from infamous Highgarden incident, (See attached after action report). Subject underwent memory sterilization process after Highgarden to eliminate any unpleasant memories hindering further action. Subject possesses Pariah gene, but not in a potency suitable to Culexis Temple training or equipment.

---

... [Our] psych evaluation has noted that subject's memory sterilization is potentially unstable but hasn't been sent to more extensive treatment. Was due to be debriefed and sent to treatment before intervention from Inquisitor Cornelius Dukovich citing need of immediate anti-psyker tools but lacking in the resources or influence to requisition a Culexis operative. Dukovich has been forwarded the subject's trigger sequences and informed of potential hiccups in the memory sterilization in the form of [INFORMATION REDACTED]...

Everybody hates me. Not just the psychics (though I hold a special place in their heart) but everyone who comes into contact with me. I guess you could say I'm not a 'people person', as it were. Something about my charmin' smile and winning personality brings out the worst in people. What it means is I'm not good at parties (though I'm not particularly good outside of them either) At best most people will fuggoff and leave you alone, but then there's some that just can't leave well enough alone. Call them what you will - bullies, thugs, hooligans - I call them practice. I'm very good at what I do you see, and I have to keep my skills sharp somehow. Usually it's just better for me to not be seen. Children wind up crying when they see me, brings a little too much attention my way.

For all the damage and confusion I leave in my wake, you'd think to wonder about yours truly. Do yourself a favor and don't ask me how I came to be who I am. Mostly because I'm not so sure myself. I'm a man with no past, no future, and only a bloody and unsure present, so yeah, you might guess that I'm a bit bitter. The men in the lab coats tell me it's best not to think about it. It probably doesn't help that sometimes if I get a screw loose I wind up hearing the screams of children. The doctors give me some pills to help with that.

I guess Inquisitor Dukovich is my next handler. I met him once before, in a joint operation against a Slaneeshi pleasure cult that was importing Eldar artifacts. The leader of the cult though he could dress up like a howling banshee and get the best of me because of his fancy swords. He thought wrong, fancy equipment doesn't surpass raw physical skill and training, and I think he realized that right about the time I separated his head from his shoulders. The inquisitor himself at that time seemed almost as unpleasant to be around as yours truly. All work and no play and all that jazz. Not that it matters, to every handler I've met I'm just a blunt instrument used to smash the new heretical cult of the week to pieces - I'm not their friend and they make good and sure to let me know. I guess one boss is the same as another. The more poo poo changes, the more it stays the same.

pre:
Name: Balthizar Jones
Home World: Mind Cleansed
Career: Assassin
Background Package: Untouchable
Divination: A Wise man learns from the death of others: +3 int

Wounds: 14 = 13 +1 (sound constitution)
Insanity: 7

Characteristics:
WS:   58 = 20+18 +20(advance)
BS:   34 = 20+4 +10(advance)
S:    30 = 20+10
T:    34 = 20+9 +5(advance)
Ag:   53 = 20+13 +20 (advance)
Int:  35 = 20+7 +3(divination) +5(advance)
Per:  32 = 20+7 +5(Advance)
WP:   37 = 25+7 +5(Advance)
Fel:  8 = 15+3 - 10(Untouchable)

Skills:
Deceive 
Speak (Low Gothic)
Acrobatics +20 
Awareness +20 
Ciphers (Acolyte) 
Climb +20 
Concealment +20 
Contortionist +20
Dodge +20 
Interrogation 
Intimidate +20
Scrutiny
Search +10 
Security +20 
Shadowing +20 
Silent Move +20 
Swim +10 
Tracking +20 

Talents:
Jaded
Pistol training (SP, Las)
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive, Chain)
Ambidextrous
Thrown weapon training
Basic Weapon Training (sp, Launcher)
Assassin Strike 
Battle Rage 
Berserk Charge 
Blademaster 
Blind Fighting 
Catfall 
Combat Master
Crippling Strike
Disarm 
Double Team 
Fearless 
Frenzy 
Furious Assault 
Hard Target
Heightened Senses (Hearing)
Leap Up 
Lightning Attack 
Lightning Reflexes 
Precise Blow 
Quick Draw 
Rapid Reaction 
Rapid Reload 
Sound Constitution (Rank 1)
Sprint 
Step Aside 
Sure Strike 
Swift attack 

Equpiment: (6905/6914 thrones)
Good Quality Magistratum Combat Carapace (3300)
+Good Quality Respirator, Gas Mask, Photo Visor, microbead in helmet
+Gives +10 to intimidate checks
+AP 5 all, ap 6 first attack of any round.

Lathe Greatsword (2570)
+(Melee | 2d10+3 R | Pen 5 | Unwieldly, Razor Sharp, Best quality, Immune to power field shatter) 

Gorge Pattern Grenade Launcher (300)
+ Red Dot Laser Sight (50)
+ (Basic | Special damage | S/-/- | Range 60 | Clip 1 | Reload Full | Reliable)
+ Blind Grenade X5 (125)
+ Hallucenogen Grenade X4 (200)
+ Photon Flash Grenade X3 (180)

Multikey (150)
Grapnel (30)

Experience 13000 / 13000

Untouchable Background - 400

Rank 1 - Sell Steel 0-500
Climb [100]
Silent Move [100]
Swim [100]
Catfall [100]
Heightened Senses (Sight) [100]

Rank 2 - Shadesman 500-999
Acrobatics [100]
Berserk Charge [100]
Shadowing [100]
Furious Assault [100]
Security [100]

Rank 3 - Nighthawk 1000-1999
Swift attack [200]
Basic Weapon Training (launcher) [200]
Rapid Reload [100]
Climb +10 [100]
Concealment [100]
Dodge +10 [100]
Silent Move +10 [100]
Swim +20 [100]

Rank 4 - Secluse 2000-2999
Acrobatics +10 [100]
Awareness +10 [100]
Scrutiny [100]
Search [100]
Lightning Reflexes [100]
Quick Draw [100]
Security +10 [100]
Tracking  [100]
Agility Advance 1 [100]
Weapon Skill Advance 1 [100]

Rank 5 - Assassin 3000-5999
Dodge +20 [100]
Contortionist [100]
Interrogation [100]
Search +10 [100]
Security +20 [100]
Tracking +10 [100]
Leap Up [100]
Melee Weapon Training (chain) [100]
Shadowing +10 [100]
Lightning Attack [200]
Rapid Reaction [100]
Blademaster [200]
Agility Advance 2 (250)
Weapon Skill Advance 2 (250)
Ballistic Skill Advance 1 (100)
Perception Advance 1 (250)
Toughness Advance 1 (250)
Weapon Skill Advance 3 (500)

Rank 6 - Death Adept 6000-7999
Step Aside [200]
Frenzy [200]
Blind Fighting [200]
Assassin Strike [100]
Double Team [100]
Climb +20 [100]
Concealment +10 [100]
Contortionist +10 [100]
Silent Move +20 [100]
Sprint [200]
Intimidate +10 [100]
Agility Advance 3 [500]

Rank 7 - Nihilator 8000-9999
Hard Target [200]
Combat Master[200]
Crippling Strike[200]
Awareness +20 [100]
Shadowing +20 [100]
Contortionist +20[100]
Disarm [100]
Weapon Skill Advance 4 (750)
Ballistic Skill Advance 2 (250)

Rank 8 - Imperator-Mortis 10000-12600
Fearless [300]
Battle Rage [200]
Concealment +20 [100]
Acrobatics +20 [100]
Agility Advance 4 (500)
Intelligence Advance 1 (250)
Willpower Advance 1 (250)
Sure Strike [200]
Precise Blow [200]
Ciphers (Acolyte) [100]
Heightened Senses (Hearing) [100]
Intimidate +20 [200]
Sound Constitution (Rank 1) [100]
Tracking +20 [100]

Starting Insanity: http://orokos.com/roll/434198 = 7
Edit: First bit of backstory in as well as exp buys. Will clean up and add purchases when I get the chance.
Edit 2: EXP and purchases are in. It would probably be in you all's best interest to maybe have Gas Masks or Rebreathers if/when I break out the party grenades.
Edit 3: Backstory and character sheet is finalized and ready for consideration.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Sep 9, 2016

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Yeah, no Grey Knights or Space Marines as of yet. If you want to be one, we can arrange for your character to die in the intro or during the interim and come up with a way to have a marine, but for this part you guys are just acolytes.

The threat isn't big enough for an Astartes response.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
Justicar Loire Merovech

A rare view of Loire in uniform.

pre:
Career: Arbites->Interrogator
Homeworld: Imperial World
Insanity: 1
Divination: “Men must die so that Man endures.”
Background: Calixian-Pattern Killings

Stats:
WS:	32=20+12
BS	51=20+11+20
ST	30=20+10
TO	35=20+7+3+5
AG	32=20+12
IT	61=20+16+5+20
PR	36=20+16
WP	60=20+17+3+20
FL	46=20+16+5+5

Skills:
Awareness
Blather
Carouse
Charm +20
Ciphers (Underworld)
Common Lore (Adeptus Arbites) (Int)
Common Lore (Imperial Creed) (Int)
Common Lore (Imperium) (Int)+10
Common Lore (Underworld)+10
Common Lore (War) (Int)
Concealment+10
Deceive
Dodge+10
Forbidden Lore (Cults)+10
Forbidden Lore (Heresy)+10
Inquiry+10 (Fel)
Interrogation +20
Intimidate +10
Literacy+20 (Int)
Scholastic Lore (Occult)+10
Scholastic Lore (Philosphy)
Search
Shadowing
Silent Move+10
Speak Language (High Gothic)+10 (Int)
Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int)

Talents:
Air of Authority
Armour of Contempt
Arms Master
Basic Weapons Training (SP)
Cult Briefing
Decadence
Die Hard
Disarm
Flagellant
Forbidden Lore (Psykers)
Lightning Reflexes
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
Peer (Nobility)
Quick Draw
Resistance (Fear)
Resistance (Psychic Powers)
StreetFighting
Strongminded
Takedown
Talented: Inquiry

Gear:
Shotgun and 12 shells
club
brass knuckles
knife
mesh vest
uniform (Good Quality Clothing)
3 doses of stimm
injector
Arbitrator ID
chrono
pack of lho-sticks

Insanity: 1d5 1

50 XP remaining
Holy poo poo I wrote way too many words: so TLDR Loire is a deep cover culthunter.

Loire Merovech had quite possibly been the shittiest trainee at the Schola. Remarkably talented, she burnt out within six months, rapidly descending into heavy drinking and unsanctioned partying. So it didn't surprise anyone that, upon graduation, she'd been shuffled off to the Divisio Immoralis. The idiot she got partnered with to investigate cult activity was more interested in investigating the local bars and brothels, and then taking out his frustrations on random locals with his baton, leaving her to accomplish the mission on her own. Ditching the uniform, she found she had much better luck obtaining information as a "civilian". Within a week she'd made contact. After three months, she walked a willing cell leader into the Arbites headquarters to turn himself in. In exchange for the lives of every other cult member he knew of, he got to live out his life in a penal legion. Quite the deal! And that first mission set the tone for the rest of her brief career with the Divisio Immoralis. Go undercover to low level cult meetings, get people to turn themselves in. It wasn't long before her the Calixis Sector's Chasteners noticed her ability to obtain confessions and dragged her out of the Divisio to serve in a more reputable part of the Arbites. And while she certainly learned and employed a great deal of "enhanced interrogation", she did break from her colleagues with the controversial belief that torture isn't necessary in every case, and merely asking nicely and smiling prettily will suffice for the average citizen. Borderline heresy!
Talk about her extreme methods and beliefs must have leaked their way up the foodchain, because after a few short years an Inquisitor named Amal Xan decided to permanently borrow her for unspecified reasons. She was given quick and dirty induction into his cabal of "Cult Stalkers" who basically did what she did in the divisio, only on a much larger scale. Her missions began with infiltrating the pleasure cults of the nobility to root out the chaos cult at the top.

Getting to bash in the sniveling fops faces before dragging them to base to begin peeling off their finger nails was the icing on the cake of six months of posh living, fancy parties, and disgusting octogenarian infested orgies. A few years of that and then Inquisitor Amal decided to have her branch out. She joined up with an underhive revolution to overthrow the decadent Spires to get to the suspected war cults at the root of it. By the time they were all squashed out she was major revolutionary leader in her own right.

They built a statue of her in the capital after the revolution succeeded and swore fealty (and increased tithes!) to the Imperium. To honor her cover identity's "martyrdom". She hung a picture of it in her quarters.

After that she was immediately sent off to her current mission. Apparently a cult dedicated to a supposedly living goddess named "Deva" had sprung up on a medieval world. The persistent stories of miracles lead Amal to suspect a powerful psyker or chaos sorcerer was behind it. A few weeks of training to help blend in with the locals and she was sent off to the planet Yanya to find out what and where this Deva was. It turned out to be harder than she expected. While induction into the faith happened almost immediately, as the cult was hardly a secret and extremely evangelical, it didn't get any farther than the local congregation in the planetary capital for over a year. No matter how many hours she put into soup kitchens and bandaging up filthy lepers in the name of Deva, her requests to visit the goddess' hidden palace were always denied. Finally, after eighteen months, the local priest died and a new one had to be selected from the congregation. And guess which lucky inquisitorial spy had so impressed the old dead fart that he'd recommended her as a replacement? Loire fuckin Merovech. Of course someone who had never seen the Goddess couldn't properly minister to her flock, so she was blindfolded, drugged, and carted off to the seaside palace of the Divine.

What she found there was... a god. Or might as well have been. Most psykers, when they used their powers, tore at the shreds of reality, crudely shoving their power into where it didn't belong. Deva merely imposed her vision of what should be on reality and it happened. No bleeding ground. No daemons screaming in from the warp. No lightning storms. One time she plucked the moon out of the sky and it was the actual loving moon. She constantly rebuilt her palace to match her mood. She summoned a swimming pool full of wine as a joke.

Loire's first "sermon" consisted of Deva sheepishly telling her prostrated worshippers to go do generically good things like feed the poor, and then thinking a two hundred foot tall tower into the middle of the ocean and retreating there. After stumbling away muttering about divine revelations like the rest of the fools on the beach, she contacted Amal to inform him of the Alpha psyker moping in a seatower and to request an evac before the inevitable exterminatus. Instead the glory seeking rear end in a top hat ordered her to stay there, and try to convince it to return it's worshippers to the Emperor and then surrender willingly. And boy howdy doesn't he just have all the faith in the world in Loire's abilities. Salty bastard. And after everything she'd done for him too? gently caress him.

But the first part wasn't actually too hard. While only the most sycophantic true believers usually made it this far, Loire had an advantage. She knew that the girl wasn't a god. Godlike in power, but still a mopey psyker who wasn't too keen on being a deity. So the next day when the other disciples were asking inane questions about "the purpose of life" and "eternal happiness" Loire threw out a question she'd stolen from a lovely (and heretical) pulp romance she'd read about a Living Saint and a lowly Sergeant. "Is it lonely being Divine?" Ugh. She felt dirty. But another two days of sappy questions and comments and Deva requested her private audience, where she proceeded to break down and whine about how awful it was that nobody understood her, and that she had no friends, only worshippers. "Oh how dreadful." But from there Loire's rise in the church hierarchy, such as it existed, was meteoric. Instead of sleeping in the dirt with the rest of the grovelers she got a room in the palace with the rest of what she came to think of as Deva's "Handlers". The first thing she did was have those idiots sidelined. Then she thought of how to actually achieve the mission and, ya know, live. Deva was perfectly willing to accept the explanation that her powers came from the God-Emperor. I mean where else would it come from she said. But she'd already had that conversation and her protestations had merely been incorporated into her myth among the higher church officials. So Loire says, how about you actually play the part but slowly introduce the idea to her followers. And so that's what they did, over the course of six years.

And on the last morning of those years, Deva, the innocent looking blood marked lamb she'd incorporated into her presentation in her lap, began to go through the now familiar routine of ministering outside the palace. And looking at her now, the day in one hand, and the night in another, sitting atop the universe...

Yeah, Loire could see how someone with no knowledge of psykers or associated terms like "Alpha-Plus" might come to the conclusion that she was God. But all that was coming to an end today. Which made the "Holy Handmaiden" (Something had to be done before Holy Consort made its way back to the Inquisition. They might decide she belonged on a blackship too) begin to worry as to how exactly she was going to go about bringing Deva in. A psyker of Deva's extraordinary ability was something to be handled delicately, as an indelicate handling would result in a few billion casualties and some disintegrated Titan maniples. And successfully turning her into an Imperial asset was....still hilariously unlikely. Even now. Loire wasn't delusional, if she was lucky Deva might get to live out her life in some Inquisitorial research facility with an exterminatus on standby, but she was probably gonna be fed to the Culexus whether Loire succeeded in the Inquisitors mission or not. He'd still get all the praise though.
Deva, speaking with a thousand harmonious voices, was droning on: "You people honor me with your lips, but your hearts are far from me. You worship me in vain, your prayers are mere human vanity." People were sobbing and shaking their heads, crying out to her that they loved her. One brave idiot approached and asked, "What do you mean? Explain how we have failed!"
Ok now comes the part about about Deva merely being a conduit of the Emperors divine power and love and oh why is the loving lamb talking-

"Dullard thou art! Don’t you see that you have offered nothing? What use are words?" Maybe Deva was doing it? She'd created a flock of songbirds and then made them tapdance across the bedroom before. But Deva looked just as dumbfounded as Loire as to why her pet lamb had decided to begin screaming abuse at her followers. Oh no

"You must offer all of yourself. Not just your soul, but your possessions, your body, your blood, your VERY LIFE!"
Oh fuuuck. Loire, realizing that she was probably committing indirect suicide, brought the pistol strapped to her thigh up to bear on the castigating daemonsheep and Deva behind it, squeezing her eyes shut as she pulled the trigger. She knew that actually seeing what happened next was a terrible idea. Things not meant for mortal minds and all that. The unearthly screaming and pulsing waves of wrong that followed confirmed that intuition, as she violently puked up her breakfast.
When she was finally able to stop heaving she realized it'd gone very quiet. A look up presented her a view of the planet she hadn't had since she arrived. "So. What now." There's a hole in her clothing where the bullet hit, but no wound. "Uhhh...What happened to the lamb." "It's eating them." Them is presumably the upper officials of the Church of Deva. Good riddance. They were apparently still outside the palace. Just on the moon. Huh. Well it wasn't a huge effort to convince Deva to turn herself into the Emperors protection to learn how to avoid having Greater Daemons infest her pets. Teleported them straight to Amals ship where Amal convinced her to step into a cryotube with her permission and explaining that I'd have to go away while she learned to become a proper psyker (which Loire assumed despite the Inquisitors protestations meant being ground into Emprah-chow). The planet got exterminatus'd to get rid of the whole "rampaging sheepdaemon" issue, and they all lived happily ever after. Wait no Amal whored Loire out to his desperate fuckup colleague within a month of her being back. Quite the honor he says. Proof of how highly regarded she is. gently caress. That. rear end in a top hat.

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Sep 10, 2016

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
Sorry guys, my terrible app killed the game.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
No, I actually had less time and internet access when I was out of town than expected, so that's on me.

I just got in after a six hour drive so I'm gonna have picks made tonight. So sorry for the delay guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Sorry for the delay. I was pretty much dead all day yesterday.

Dachsundofdoom - Julio Kierkegaard XII
Werix - Davith Waelon
Wiegieman - Polonia Samsara
MaliciousOnion - Zacharias Enos
Esser-Z - Valencia de Lucinda
Schizotek - Loire Merovech

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3789992 Thread is up.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Sep 13, 2016

• Locked thread