Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
:siren: The American Sports Network is a syndication package, like Raycom Sports. It is not an actual network. :siren:

With California and Hawaii kicking off the season, college football is back. Kind of. It's still another six day until there's more than one game a day. With that in mind, here's a thread to post in until the rest of college football kicks off.

AP PRESEASON TOP 25 (This week's opponent, channel game is on)
1. Alabama (vs. #20 Southern California, ABC)
2. Clemson (vs. Auburn, ESPN)
3. Oklahoma (vs. #15 Houston, ABC)
4. Florida State (vs. #11 Ole Miss, ESPN)
5. LSU (vs. Wisconsin, ABC)
6. Ohio State (vs. Bowling Green State, BTN)
7. Michigan (vs. Hawaii, ESPN)
8. Stanford (vs. Kansas State, FS1)
9. Tennessee (vs. Appalachian State, SEC Network)
10. Notre Dame (vs. Texas, ABC)
11. Ole Miss (vs. #4 Florida State, ESPN)
12. Michigan State (vs. Furman, BTN)
13. TCU (vs. South Dakota State, Fox Sports regional)
14. Washington (vs. Rutgers, Pac-12 Network)
15. Houston (vs. #3 Oklahoma, ABC)
16. UCLA (vs. Texas A&M, CBS)
17. Iowa (vs. Miami University, ESPNU)
18. Georgia (vs. #22 North Carolina, ESPN)
19. Louisville (vs. North Carolina-Charlotte, Raycom Sports/ESPN3)
20. Southern California (vs. Alabama, ABC)
21. Oklahoma State (vs. Southeastern Louisiana, Fox Sports regional)
22. North Carolina (vs. #18 Georgia, ESPN)
23. Baylor (vs. Northwestern State, Fox Sports regional)
24. Oregon (vs. California-Davis, Pac-12 Network)
25. Florida (vs, Massachusetts, SEC Network)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Hook'em but also bet all your money on ND -3.5

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRbhoR6eIM0

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

NCAA Week 1 GDT: Are You Not Entertained?

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
Yay Cal won its first game.

Defense looks horrible. Offense looks like it won't be fun to watch this year compared to Tony Franklin. Sad about that.

Anyway, YAy football's back!!

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I honestly forgot that South Carolina hired Muschamp and it fills me with glee.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Really annoyed that MSU opens with Furman, then has a bye week, then plays Notre Dame when I'm not going to be able to watch.

But uh, gently caress a Paladin I guess

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
I'll just relish what will likely be Tennessee's highest ranking all season.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Man there are some insane week one match ups and I can't wait.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

I'll just relish what will likely be Tennessee's highest ranking all season.

go hokies

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
i'm glad football is back.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Ugh, now that I'm living in Mountain time, I have to get up at 7am to watch gameday instead of 9...

But I guess that means my first beer will be 2 hours earlier too.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Scarf posted:

Ugh, now that I'm living in Mountain time, I have to get up at 7am to watch gameday instead of 9...

The upside though is games start at 10AM instead of having to wait until noon.

I'm still waiting for some FCS conference to start having 10AM eastern games so roll out of bed Saturday morning football isn't just a West coast thing.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 27, 2016

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Thoguh posted:

The upside though is games start at 10AM instead of having to wait until noon.

I'm still waiting for some FCS conference to start having 10AM eastern games so roll out of bed Saturday morning football instead just a West coast thing.

Also you can watch the late night pac-12 games and not stay up too late.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Football on the west coast would be really dope if I didn't cheer for a Big Ten team that regularly played at 9am. Even the Hawaii game is on at a reasonable hour

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
rrrrrrrggghhhh it's almost here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhvAcLW0mgs

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

Football on the west coast would be really dope if I didn't cheer for a Big Ten team that regularly played at 9am. Even the Hawaii game is on at a reasonable hour

That doesn't sound bad, I can go watch my team get brutally owned and then have entire rest of the day devoid of Northwestern football.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Miami just got worse.

Jermaine Grace(starting LB), and AQM(best d-lineman on team) kicked off the team over the rental car situation.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

could you hang 100 on auburn please tia

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dilber posted:

Miami just got worse.

Jermaine Grace(starting LB), and AQM(best d-lineman on team) kicked off the team over the rental car situation.

Lol

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Scionix posted:

could you hang 100 on auburn please tia

gently caress i wanna hang 100 on everyone. I hate close games when it comes to my own team.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Scarf posted:

gently caress i wanna hang 100 on everyone. I hate close games when it comes to my own team.

good news scarf.

ur playing auburn week 1

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Scionix posted:

good news scarf.

ur playing auburn week 1

I hope I'm gonna be eating a lot of pizza this season.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

FSU strength coach got a dui.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

It's florida.

The sun rises in the east, sets in the west, folks drive drunk.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Scarf posted:

Drink early, drink often is practically the unofficial Colorado state motto.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

That doesn't sound bad, I can go watch my team get brutally owned and then have entire rest of the day devoid of Northwestern football.

That part is rad but if you go out on Friday night getting up to watch an early kick sucks balls, especially now that I am old and get hangovers.

Shats Basoon
Jun 13, 2013

I think that my team is going to really put it together this year and I believe the rival squad is going to bad

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

pillsburysoldier posted:

Doesn't say much for their endurance program.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

MourningView posted:

That part is rad but if you go out on Friday night getting up to watch an early kick sucks balls, especially now that I am old and get hangovers.

You're not old, dude.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Go Huskies, gently caress Rutgers, God bless

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Scarf posted:

I miss Mountain time. 10AM starts are not bad and the late games are not too late. I hate that games start at 8 or 9 here because I'm often up until 1AM and have to work Sunday mornings frequently.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I dont follow college football much, but I've been slowly watching more and more games a year. A quick question, and I mean no offense, why is Michigan ranked so highly? I get they are well regarded due to a proven coach, but I thought they lacked the talent to compete nationally.My understanding is they have talented recruits in the pipeline or new to campus, but arent mature yet. I don't know but thats the impression I got from some friends who watch CFB. although they are mostly UF and FSU homers.

also the NFL has gamepass and poo poo, whats the best way to watch cfb without cable? I do have an xfinity login from my parents but idk how many games that actually gets.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Waroduce posted:

I dont follow college football much, but I've been slowly watching more and more games a year. A quick question, and I mean no offense, why is Michigan ranked so highly? I get they are well regarded due to a proven coach, but I thought they lacked the talent to compete nationally.My understanding is they have talented recruits in the pipeline or new to campus, but arent mature yet. I don't know but thats the impression I got from some friends who watch CFB. although they are mostly UF and FSU homers.

also the NFL has gamepass and poo poo, whats the best way to watch cfb without cable? I do have an xfinity login from my parents but idk how many games that actually gets.

Michigan was 9-3 last year and dominated a New Year's Day bowl game (though notably not a New Year's Six). They would've been 10-2 if not for a hilarious special teams mishap. They absolutely have the talent to compete nationally. Quarterback is their big question mark, but they have two excellent receivers, one of the best tight ends in the country and a spectacular defense.

Also it has no bearing on their preseason ranking, but outside of two major road games against their biggest rivals, their schedule is a joke.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Waroduce posted:

I dont follow college football much, but I've been slowly watching more and more games a year. A quick question, and I mean no offense, why is Michigan ranked so highly? I get they are well regarded due to a proven coach

Without being completely tuned into Michigan I'd say this is most of it. They're eventually probably going to be really good, and they were good enough to have beaten a really good Michigan State team last year if it wasn't for a freak play.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Michigan has a high ranking because their schedule is a 2-game cakewalk with no quality opponents, and if they weren't ranked highly there would be a very good chance no Big 10 school got in the playoffs should Ohio State not go undefeated this year. Particularly now that everyone's suspicions about Iowa were confirmed.

Plus the media has to constantly push their narratives and one of them is treating Jim Harbaugh like he's accomplished something.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Raku posted:

Michigan has a high ranking because their schedule is a 2-game cakewalk with no quality opponents, and if they weren't ranked highly there would be a very good chance no Big 10 school got in the playoffs should Ohio State not go undefeated this year. Particularly now that everyone's suspicions about Iowa were confirmed.

Plus the media has to constantly push their narratives and one of them is treating Jim Harbaugh like he's accomplished something.

I would say if Ohio State beats Oklahoma, and Sparty beats Notre Dame, then Michigan beats both of them going undefeated along the way, they have a legitimate argument. That said, I'm fairly convinced that we're destined for some type of 3-way tie shenanigans in the East this year, so I think the Big 10 is out of the playoff this year anyways.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Benne posted:

Go Huskies, gently caress Rutgers, God bless

Psyched to join the ranks of the Enemies of Rutgers Athletics tbh

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Waroduce posted:

There's no over-the-top service for college football. However, the Xfinity login info can get you WatchESPN, Fox Sports Go, NBC Sports, CBS Sports, BTN2Go, and Pac-12 Now.

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Aug 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CaptainYesterday posted:

There's no over-the-top service for college football. However, the Xfinity login info can get you WatchESPN, Fox Sports Go, NBC Sports, CBS Sports, BTN2Go, and Pac-12 Now.

Yeah I watch pretty much everything through my parents' xfinity account.

• Locked thread