Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Thoguh posted:

I tried looking on youtube to see if anybody rehosted it after it got pulled, but I can't find it anywhere. Did it ever get shown before Beckman got canned?

Check out the comments - two people commented (back when it was posted) that Illinois was missing. Big Ten Network knew! :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/SolidVerbal/status/770296427654352896

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

A Chizik defense against a UGA team that can really tote the mail? Hmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQSy7mui7CM

A few things stand out to me upon watching this: 1) I miss Chris Conley a whole lot, 2) Aaron Murray had a meaner pump fake than I remember, and I think Murray was a greater QB than the most vocal of the fanbase thought of him at the time (hindsights a bitch, isn't it), 3) That 2012 team would have whooped Notre Dame's rear end just like Bama did

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kirk's palpable annoyance at being forced to do this is wonderful.

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

charlie strong's goals for this year: not lose to cal. make it to bowl game. not get shut out for a third year in a row

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Speaking of coach gifs, here's a real weird one I made from this article about the "Big Red Machine".

Why aren't you moving your face, Mike?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Seaniqua posted:

Why aren't you moving your face, Mike?

Is he still living in a hotel or whatever it was?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

iirc, they bought a house in Lincoln then his wife was allergic to it or something? I have no idea, I don't think he's going to have a very long stay

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TheGreyGhost posted:

I''ll cross post what I put in the prediction thread about it.

He had some confrontations with teachers in high school and was been total poo poo about going to class last year for the most part.

Per my friends on campus, the rumor is basically that Torrance hooked up with his tutor and sent out a (consensual) snapchat picture of her rear end. She wanted to date him, and he turned her down. She turned him in for harassment then, and the administration hit him with the academic suspension since she was a tutor, and that supersedes AD or team disciplinary actions since he isn't allowed to take classes now this semester.

Normally, I'm inclined not to believe rumors, but Urban came out breathing fire about this today and publicly disagreed with the decision. If it's suspect enough that Urban is publicly commenting, I'm going to assume that there's some level of he said/she said or hearsay present, since Urbz doesn't seem stupid enough to risk that level of bad press by openly calling out the university like that without a drat good argument. If Torrance actually did harass her, then the uni made the right call, and gently caress Urban for whining about the decision being taken away from him. But that said, if the admin just did that on hearsay or he said/she said, I have to shake my head a bit, because it's just another idiotic story the MRAs of the world will point to and claim that sexual assault isn't real or an epidemic on campuses right now.

That said, totally won't be shocked if he just cheated on a test or something stupid like that since he barely was academically eligible at the last grade check.

I heard a similar thing, except that the pic was consensual but not on the idea that it would be posted to snapchat.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Jalen Hurts isn't on the QB 2-deep for Alabama whatajt the gently caress

Nick Saban's losing it

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
News: ISU's first depth chart today includes a starting DE that was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma last February and spent last season undergoing chemo.

Views: ISU isn't gonna win anyway, might as well contract out a couple of spots to the make a wish foundation.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Thoguh posted:

News: ISU's first depth chart today includes a starting DE that was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma last February and spent last season undergoing chemo.

Views: ISU isn't gonna win anyway, might as well contract out a couple of spots to the make a wish foundation.

Alternate view: congrats on your very own Mario Lemiuex or Eric Berry.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
RIP Third Down for What

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

RIP Third Down for What

Oh no :rolleyes:

It was cool for like half of the first season they did it, then it was tiring. That stadium shouldn't require a pump up song to get loud on 3rd down although I'll admit my experience tells me it wouldn't without it.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

RIP Third Down for What

Should have stopped doing it after that first season. It was cool and all but they should have come up with something else last year.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

A few things stand out to me upon watching this: 1) I miss Chris Conley a whole lot, 2) Aaron Murray had a meaner pump fake than I remember, and I think Murray was a greater QB than the most vocal of the fanbase thought of him at the time (hindsights a bitch, isn't it), 3) That 2012 team would have whooped Notre Dame's rear end just like Bama did

Murray would've crawled over broken glass to win a game for the Dawgs. Often thanks to Grantham's D and various skill position injuries, he kinda had to.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

RIP Third Down for What

Oh no. However are you going to make the visiting teams and fans want to drown themselves in the river now?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Warbird posted:

Oh no. However are you going to make the visiting teams and fans want to drown themselves in the river now?

Pfff you act like we haven't had Rocky Top for years

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Murray would've crawled over broken glass to win a game for the Dawgs. Often thanks to Grantham's D and various skill position injuries, he kinda had to.

One of my favorite Murray moments was during the 2013 Tennessee game with 30 seconds to go in the 3rd and he just busts out a 57 yard run out of loving nowhere. I don't even think it was a designed play, I just think he saw a huge gap and booked.

E: This play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgPvViY9yHA

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'm not saying I enjoy the song, I was just relaying that its not going to be played anymore. Which is good.

also lol,

quote:

Spurrier details the adversity he faced during the 2014 season at South Carolina. After losing 45-42 against Tennessee on Nov. 1, he left his postgame press conference without answering a single question and had problems sleeping and remembering the code for his locker and phone numbers later that week.

South Carolina’s team psychologist diagnosed him with “accute stress disorder” and prescribed him sleeping pills, according to Spurrier.

From Spurrier's upcoming book. I find enjoyment that the Vols wrecked his mind.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

KKKLIP ART posted:

One of my favorite Murray moments was during the 2013 Tennessee game with 30 seconds to go in the 3rd and he just busts out a 57 yard run out of loving nowhere. I don't even think it was a designed play, I just think he saw a huge gap and booked.

E: This play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgPvViY9yHA

That game still hurts a bit. But that's a hell of a run out of a guy you'd never expect it from.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Donovan McNabb has been hired to do studio analysis for beIN Sports, which, yes, is going to show college football now.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

CaptainYesterday posted:

Donovan McNabb has been hired to do studio analysis for beIN Sports, which, yes, is going to show college football now.

MAGESTERIAL!!!!!!!!!

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

pillsburysoldier posted:

Ohio State suspends WR Torrance Gibson for the fall

Gibson was the guy that had two Tennessee fans who lived in Florida and who he meet on Twitter drive him up to Knoxville for an unofficial visit, and ended up staying for like a week. Rumor was he never planned for a ride back. Tennessee ended up refusing his commitment (they wouldn't take him as a QB which now I see he is playing WR at Ohio State?).

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

nate fisher posted:

Gibson was the guy that had two Tennessee fans who lived in Florida and who he meet on Twitter drive him up to Knoxville for an unofficial visit, and ended up staying for like a week. Rumor was he never planned for a ride back. Tennessee ended up refusing his commitment (they wouldn't take him as a QB which now I see he is playing WR at Ohio State?).

Planning to do a reverse Braxton Miller

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

Warbird posted:

I don't know, Baylor's is pretty good too.

it's time to move past "dumpster fire" as a term for a bad sports program. I will happily suggest alternatives.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
cum container

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
VD vase

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Grode Jar

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
The University of Akron Football Program

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Low energy

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

___ is a mess

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Detroit_Dogg posted:

The University of Akron Football Program

:vince:

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

Pimp Cauldron posted:

it's time to move past "dumpster fire" as a term for a bad sports program. I will happily suggest alternatives.

You're right, comparing Baylor to a dumpster fire is really unfair to dumpster fires across the nation

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I think Tulane is going to be good enough to make a bad bowl this season. Hopefully, reality doesn't prove me wrong.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Greyson Lambert getting 1st team snaps for UGA :getin: :getin: :getin:

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

pillsburysoldier posted:

Greyson Lambert getting 1st team snaps for UGA :getin: :getin: :getin:

brb betting against Georgia for the opener

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Is there a goon pick'em this year?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Raku posted:

Michigan has a high ranking because their schedule is a 2-game cakewalk with no quality opponents, and if they weren't ranked highly there would be a very good chance no Big 10 school got in the playoffs should Ohio State not go undefeated this year. Particularly now that everyone's suspicions about Iowa were confirmed.

Plus the media has to constantly push their narratives and one of them is treating Jim Harbaugh like he's accomplished something.

Ohio State will make the playoffs as a one loss team if it's Oklahoma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

RumbleFish posted:

Rico McWilliams, a probable starter at CB, just left the team. :psyduck: He'd missed a lot of practice lately to be with family in Baton Rouge after the flooding, so I'm guessing he just wants to be home, which is totally understandable. A bit of an inauspicious start to game week for us, though.

He had a tee time.

• Locked thread