Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

What's the deal with Kevin Casey? I find it hard to support SMILEN SAM because he has a face that just makes me want to see him get punched.

In addition to the classic video posted he is also just a roided out (tested positive at least once so this isnt just innuendo) idiot who gave himself a black belt and constantly self promotes but cant fight. His fights all suck rear end and when he doesnt bulldoze someone he gives up basically, including literally giving up on the stool in between rounds for no reason on TUF despite having won the round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Alvey is a cool guy

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Ratios and Tendency posted:

lol get a load of this guy not liking Smile'N Sam like some kind of jerk.

I kinda feel bad, it's nothing he's done I just hate his face.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Casey is also the son-in-law of Muhammad Ali and honored his deceased father-in-law by imitating a corpse for 3 rounds the day after Ali's death.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Digital Jedi posted:

The white guy will always make me laugh.

pretty sure thats Spencer Pratt from the show The Hills, who also rolls with the crowd of Gracies who give insecure celebrities BJJ belts in exchange for lots of money. So i guess all of them

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
oh neat didnt' know we were getting Washington vs Pratt tonight.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
to me kevin casey will always be the guy who debuted by looking insanely boring then getting knocked out by minowa, went away for a few years to regroup, then came back to look insanely boring then get knocked out by matt lindland

pepperchomp
Jan 27, 2007

chomp chomp chomp
Any Hawaii goons know where I can watch this live? It seems like FOX is just cuttin out after these prelims for family feud. And we gotta wait til 7 to watch em. Wtf kinda bullshit is this?!

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

that shoutout to condit diaz was actually prettt cool

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
It's pretty cool IMO that Fox has two active champions working the fill time between fights desk.

Also that was a pretty good cross-promotion I like the old west fonts for the names

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

manyak posted:

pretty sure thats Spencer Pratt from the show The Hills, who also rolls with the crowd of Gracies who give insecure celebrities BJJ belts in exchange for lots of money. So i guess all of them

Casey gave Pratt a purple belt shortly before he gave himself a black belt

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

God that yellow mat was so retarded

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Phobeste posted:

It's pretty cool IMO that Fox has two active champions working the fill time between fights desk.

Also that was a pretty good cross-promotion I like the old west fonts for the names

the fact that bisping, cormier, and cruz are all analysts is pretty cool

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I'll be stoked if Jlau can get this one back, the last fight was insane.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

pepperchomp posted:

Any Hawaii goons know where I can watch this live? It seems like FOX is just cuttin out after these prelims for family feud. And we gotta wait til 7 to watch em. Wtf kinda bullshit is this?!

UFC fight pass account and a VPN to Singapore.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

fatherdog posted:

lmao/

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the fact that bisping, cormier, and cruz are all analysts is pretty cool

I forget who said that Cruz was the ideal analyst because he absolutely doesn't give a poo poo about pissing off whoever he's talking to or about, but they were 100% right

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
What are the odds after all this hype for the next Silva-Rampage 2 we get Griffin-Bonnar 2

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
This is going to be so sick

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

Casey is also the son-in-law of Muhammad Ali and honored his deceased father-in-law by imitating a corpse for 3 rounds the day after Ali's death.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

to me kevin casey will always be the guy who debuted by looking insanely boring then getting knocked out by minowa, went away for a few years to regroup, then came back to look insanely boring then get knocked out by matt lindland

fatherdog posted:

Lol at all of this

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

fatherdog posted:

I forget who said that Cruz was the ideal analyst because he absolutely doesn't give a poo poo about pissing off whoever he's talking to or about, but they were 100% right
he just called a fight for Bec Rawlings to be polite and you could see a vein in his forehead bulge

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Miller's proportions are just all wrong.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Miller's proportions are just all wrong.

Dude's just got a big head

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I think this is Lauzon's first rematch.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Miller always looks like he's trying to 'push' his punches through, which is all wrong, but you can't argue with the results.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I remember Lauzon started off as a footlock artist but that was cool even for him.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
I missed alvey casey, how was it?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Lauzon became the first to stop Sanchez with strikes, and Miller, the 10'000th man to stop Takanori Gomi.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Jim Miller is bad, just like all of New Jersey.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Senordingdong posted:

Jim Miller is bad, just like all of New Jersey.

Kindly gently caress off

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Shumagorath posted:

I remember Lauzon started off as a footlock artist but that was cool even for him.

The first time I ever saw Lauzon was tapping dudes with kani basami in NAGA and I was an instant fan.

Jim lost that round but the last minute or so showed that he's got a definite advantage over Joe standing. Should be interesting.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Those body shots are so loud drat

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Dan Didio posted:

Lauzon became the first to stop Sanchez with strikes, and Miller, the 10'000th man to stop Takanori Gomi.

kinda sad BJ doesn't get that credit after he gave Diego a second mouth on his forehead

Fifthace
May 3, 2003

No.
I can't believe Joe is still doing that thing where he just stands still and shells up when guys throw at him

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I rewatched the Miller vs Diego Sanchez fight today and it was pretty good, but on that same UFC 196 prelims there was a Japanese guy who after his win shouted into the mic "I love you, my bitches" and left. And that was even better

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Eat Bum Zen posted:

I missed alvey casey, how was it?

Casey looked p. good for like 2 minutes and then slowly deflated over the rest of the fight until Alvey just kind of put him down

Fifthace
May 3, 2003

No.
love those elbows

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Lauzon is doing a pretty good job at picking off any punches coming in to the head but those body shots might add up

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
whatever Lauzon is paying his corner it's too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Miller looked like he hurt himself off that kick.

• Locked thread