Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Kuato posted:

I went to Maine once for work, I saw the following thing upon getting off my flight in Bangor.

Dude was going pretty fast too. So Maine is OK I guess.

This owns and so do you for capturing and sharing it thankyou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I ince saw a guy riding a motorcycle with a medium sized dog curled up on the gas tank but i did not get a photo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cumslut1895 posted:

your entire state is a fictional setting for steven king novels

I'm sad that Maine hasn't been wiped out yet by Stephen King monsters

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I am trying to place where that pic was taken and all I can think of is near the intersection of State st and Broadway but I don't think that is correct. However, at the intersection of State st and Broadway there is a terrific Thai place, Thai 2 Go, that looks like a run down shack but the food is so friggin good, go there if you are ever in the area and don't be a pussy and ask for the 5+ spicy

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Kuato posted:

I went to Maine once for work, I saw the following thing upon getting off my flight in Bangor.

Dude was going pretty fast too. So Maine is OK I guess.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

etalian posted:

I'm sad that Maine hasn't been wiped out yet by Stephen King monsters

If you look closely you can see the lovecraftian elder god of rural poverty & declining population.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
haven't watched the j'hn oliver HBO show in a lil bits, so maybe it got really bad?

Or is "what a fuckin' hack" just the usual sort of oh no, this guy isn't funny like everyone else overwhelming agrees, and dammit I'm gonna make sure ppl know this and stop laughing at his jokes

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

EX250 Type R posted:

I work within the realm of law enforcement in Maine and lepage isn't really wrong in that people from RI, MA, CT, and NY do bring drugs into the state (because how else are they going to get here) but the white girl thing is obviously terrible. A guy I went to high school with was murdered a few years ago in a triple homicide by a guy that goes by "Money" so those nicknames are not really far fetched or anything.

What are the most common nicknames?

What are the weirdest nicknames you've seen?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

allagash is a top-notch brewery, is it the best in portland?

Gatekeeper posted:

haven't watched the j'hn oliver HBO show in a lil bits, so maybe it got really bad?

Or is "what a fuckin' hack" just the usual sort of oh no, this guy isn't funny like everyone else overwhelming agrees, and dammit I'm gonna make sure ppl know this and stop laughing at his jokes
i can only speak for myself, but i think john doing what jon stewart did in his last couple of years and letting humor take a back seat to outrage. that sucks when the entire reason he has this show was because he did a great job as a substitute Daily Show host- better than jon in that era imo. plus his "jokes" are mostly pop culture references and he has the same canned reactions to people saying something stupid

so long story short, yeah, he's not funny anymore

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Any more candid dogs on walks shots?

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

lol i thought maine was supposed to not be full of retarded hicks was I wrong

Maine is the south of the north

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Don't gently caress with this governor

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Helical Nightmares posted:

What are the most common nicknames?

What are the weirdest nicknames you've seen?

I don't interact with alleged or convicted criminals so off the top of my head I don't have much. I can tell you that I worked in a county jail for 8 months before seeing a black inmate, but times have changed and there is usually 2 or 3 of them at any given time these days.

I was hit on by a drunk pre-op trans sexual american indian prostitute once but I don't remember her name (just her male name) and she signed all of her booking paperwork "Hitler" in giant scribbled letters

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

EX250 Type R posted:

I was hit on by a drunk pre-op trans sexual american indian prostitute once but I don't remember her name (just her male name) and she signed all of her booking paperwork "Hitler" in giant scribbled letters

she sounds cool as hell, i want to hang out with Hitler

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

OMGVBFLOL posted:

she unfortunately jumped off the joshua chamberlain bridge in 2010 and her body was never recovered.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

EX250 Type R posted:

she unfortunately jumped off the joshua chamberlain bridge in 2010 and her body was never recovered.

some fires just burn too drat bright to last

\/ \/ lol \/ \/

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

EX250 Type R posted:

Haha, classic Hitler.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
he's like a burly french canadian 21st century version of bill the butcher with poo poo for brains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M3Q-jPBVbw

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

OMGVBFLOL posted:

when i was a teenager we all did lots of drugs in this apartment, and the guy at the citgo next to it wore a nametag that said "Hitler" for like a year.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So how badly funded is USM these days?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

This owns and so do you for capturing and sharing it thankyou

There was a few badass photo ops where I didnt have a camera or my phone ready before this (summer of '13), so I learned my lesson. Mostly of the cool dog leaning out the car window variety.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Gatekeeper posted:

I watch his videos on YouTube when they pop up because they cover some interesting topics and do so in a way that's neither tasteless MSM-style pandering to the status quo nor Tumblriffic literally shaking outrage for the sake of outrage., but I don't remember ever genuinely laughing at anything he's said on his new show. He showed on the Daily Show he has the potential to be funny, but people don't want funny when they can get pavlovian Game of Thrones references. "Huh huh, I recognize the name of that character! Eheheheheheh."

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Grouchio posted:

So how badly funded is USM these days?

I'll let you know. I start there this week

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Moon Atari posted:

State governor is current incarnation of shapeless force of mystical evil. Can only be defeated through anticlimactic final battle. Preteen gangbang optional, though recommended. Consult convenient magical retard for more advice.

Convenient Magical Retard is a good chat name.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Gatekeeper posted:

Educated Englishman yells at camera. Many laughs are provided by this endless entertainment opportunity programme.

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Maine is a cesspool of stupidity that proves the Northeast is just as backwards and garbage-tier as anywhere else in the US. They deserve 1000 LePage's for even voting him into office once.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

poorlifedecision posted:

Maine is a cesspool of stupidity that proves the Northeast is just as backwards and garbage-tier as anywhere else in the US. They deserve 1000 LePage's for even voting him into office once.

[citation needed]

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

EX250 Type R posted:

I work within the realm of law enforcement in Maine and lepage isn't really wrong in that people from RI, MA, CT, and NY do bring drugs into the state (because how else are they going to get here) but the white girl thing is obviously terrible. A guy I went to high school with was murdered a few years ago in a triple homicide by a guy that goes by "Money" so those nicknames are not really far fetched or anything.

sounds like youre friend .... shoul have just said "no" :grin:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Red Suit posted:

I'll let you know. I start there this week
See you there.

BTW how lovely was LePage's apology yesterday?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Nooner posted:

sounds like youre friend .... shoul have just said "no" :grin:

More like he should have Ogunquit. :laugh:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i heard that lepage suggested he might resign soon. even he's getting sick of his own bullshit

KomodoWagon posted:

He showed on the Daily Show he has the potential to be funny, but people don't want funny when they can get pavlovian Game of Thrones references. "Huh huh, I recognize the name of that character! Eheheheheheh."
this is my main problem with JO. he's much, much funnier than his show would have you believe. also "Drumpf" is the Democrats' version of "Barack Hussein Obama"

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Y-Hat posted:

i heard that lepage suggested he might resign soon. even he's getting sick of his own bullshit

this is my main problem with JO. he's much, much funnier than his show would have you believe. also "Drumpf" is the Democrats' version of "Barack Hussein Obama"

IMO, propping up the lesser of two evils until it can catch up in The Race to be the Biggest Piece of poo poo on the Planet is actually not good at all. People like JO are the reason that there are no good choices. I hope his dick falls off.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Y-Hat posted:

Wait really? Where did you hear this?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

lol there's a word filter that corrects JO's stupid term for Trump. good job lowtax or whoever is responsible for creating them

Grouchio posted:

Wait really? Where did you hear this?
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/30/politics/paul-lepage-considering-resignation-after-voicemail/

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Y-Hat posted:

lol there's a word filter that corrects JO's stupid term for Trump. good job lowtax or whoever is responsible for creating them

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/30/politics/paul-lepage-considering-resignation-after-voicemail/

He better loving resign.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
what's so bad about john oliver lol

i only watch the main segments on youtube i guess so maybe im missing something

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

EX250 Type R posted:

Some things Maine is known for:

Blueberries

lol you confused maine w/ mississippi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol you confused maine w/ mississippi

sorry you arent familiar with maine blueberries???

• Locked thread