Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1570677X1630106X

Interesting. Guess it really is genetic after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em all

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I guess now you have two types of fat jeans, op.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
That explains why OP's mom is so fat

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

lmao

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I'm not a scientist, but I think that if you burn more calories than you eat you'll lose weight.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

The Dennis System posted:

I'm not a scientist, but I think that if you burn more calories than you eat you'll lose weight.

It's not that simple

Youre fat you should be on my side here

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

Carmant posted:

It's not that simple

hes not any more

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Sid Vicious posted:

hes not any more

He will be fat again at some point thanks to genetics.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Carmant posted:

It's not that simple

I'm not though?

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
If you have "fat genes" you will be fat..

if you eat like a ten year old and are lazy.

If you eat more calories than you burn you gain weight
If you burn more calories than you eat you will lose weight

You cannot get magic fat, nobody can suck weight out of thin air.

This is an accurate study that will be instantly used by lazy greedy people as the "reason" they are fat.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

504 posted:

If you have "fat genes" you will be fat..

if you eat like a ten year old and are lazy.

If you eat more calories than you burn you gain weight
If you burn more calories than you eat you will lose weight

You cannot get magic fat, nobody can suck weight out of thin air.

This is an accurate study that will be instantly used by lazy greedy people as the "reason" they are fat.

Fat people arent lazy, they probably actually have the same willpower as normal ppl, its just that they have a higher drive to eat. So for you or me being skinny we're not working harder than the fat people.. or exercising more self control.. its just that we dont have the genetic desire to eat that much

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

:slick:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk i could sit here eating french pastries all loving day long bro

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i knew a dude whose last name was kitchenmaster and he was fat so im gonna have to say that it is combination of genetics and behavior

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

I eat lots and don't gain weight. It's not that loving hard. Fats must just be doing something wrong

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

VectorSigma posted:

i knew a dude whose last name was kitchenmaster and he was fat so im gonna have to say that it is combination of genetics and behavior

he never had a chance

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im f*t

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
eat the fats

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Been known for awhile take a look at set point theory and use of glp-1 agonists.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I don't understand why they just dont eat boiled chicken for every meal and work out three times a day until they aren't fat mutants.

I hate them.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Moridin920 posted:

he never had a chance

he was dumb, too. i showed him a grave marker with the name Küchenmeister and joked that it might be a relative, and he said that wasn't his name.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

:vince:

Lmfao. Goddamn

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Carmant posted:

Fat people arent lazy, they probably actually have the same willpower as normal ppl, its just that they have a higher drive to eat. So for you or me being skinny we're not working harder than the fat people.. or exercising more self control.. its just that we dont have the genetic desire to eat that much

I fully agree with you about the drive but not the willpower, I have a farcical appetite. Last night for dinner I ate 5 pork chops and kumara (sweet potatoes). This was meant to cover dinner that night and dinner tonight as im working late, but I ate the whole drat thing in one sitting. Two plates of dinner is normal for me, I cant buy extra of something at the supermarket when its on sale because ill just eat the whole lot.

I also work a job that keeps me on my feet 6/8 hours a day and lift weights while deliberately avoiding as much crap food as I can.

What I don't do is eat every piece of poo poo that crosses my path and do nothing but play video games why telling everyone "Cant do anything about it, its genetics"

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Carmant posted:

Hey I want you to know I've been on a diet for a month now and my loving desire to drink a milkshake is all consuming so don't tell me that higher drive to eat bullcrap.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Dave_Indeed posted:

I don't understand why they just dont eat boiled chicken for every meal and work out three times a day until they aren't fat mutants.

I hate them.

Thats very narrow minded

504 posted:

I fully agree with you about the drive but not the willpower, I have a farcical appetite. Last night for dinner I ate 5 pork chops and kumara (sweet potatoes). This was meant to cover dinner that night and dinner tonight as im working late, but I ate the whole drat thing in one sitting. Two plates of dinner is normal for me, I cant buy extra of something at the supermarket when its on sale because ill just eat the whole lot.

I also work a job that keeps me on my feet 6/8 hours a day and lift weights while deliberately avoiding as much crap food as I can.

What I don't do is eat every piece of poo poo that crosses my path and do nothing but play video games why telling everyone "Cant do anything about it, its genetics"

Have you ever been fat. If not then you probably dont actually have a big appetite you just think you do

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The fat genes reproduce, making double the genes so you get twice as fat. :science:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em all

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
is being a lovely poster genetic?

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

LemonAIDS posted:

I eat lots and don't gain weight. It's not that loving hard. Fats must just be doing something wrong

It's also what they're eating that's usually the problem (sugar)

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Carmant posted:

Have you ever been fat. If not then you probably dont actually have a big appetite you just think you do

Well as I said a two plate dinner is normal. Last nights dinner was 900g of pork and 2 dirty great root veges, I get constant comments from partners my family and workmates about the amount I eat and if I don't maintain my gym workouts I balloon like Val Kilmer.

I did a food diary for two weeks for a nutritionist once and he point blank said he didn't know how I wasn't the size of a house. I'm quite grateful I have a terrible job that makes me do 12 hour shifts and also conveniently limits my access to late night junk food.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

poopnanners posted:

is being a lovely poster genetic?

Youd have to ask.. your mother!

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I'm going to kill Carmant

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
life can be hard and addiction of every kind is very real and hard to break,
my only issue with the whole 'fat is genetic' thing is the blatant lying that goes on into the main fat argument, and that is that almost all fat people will eventually use the phrase "i tried every possible diet and work out to lose weight"

then you ask them like some 4th grade question about macro nutrition and they go I DONT KNOW HOW MANY CALORIES ARE IN A GRAM OF FAT IM NOT A SCIENTIST!!!

what the mean, cruel internet wants is fat honesty. just admit you haven't tried anything close to everything and you're less likely to be made fun of in gbs for lying

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
heres how i stay not-fat:

step on bathroom scale every morning, if my weight is over x, i eat less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Captain Yossarian posted:

I'm going to kill Carmant

That's weird.. are you a buttmad skinny person?

• Locked thread