Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Saw someone post in here about the Chauchat and gave it a try last night, it’s obscenely good on the hardcore servers I play on.

This game is my favorite still active battlefield, I just keep coming back to it. I wish the challenges were a little less obtuse as I’m level 77 and still haven’t unlocked a lot of stuff, but I have most of the cool guns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
Frontlines is really active this week for some reason, I saw two full EU servers last night and hopped into one. Even with the lag from freedomland, it was a loving blast. I've never played it much beyond unlocking some objectives or something once (maybe for modal yodel). What a great mode, feels like your actions actually contribute without it just being a complete grinding slog like some of the operations (it's Iron Walls this week though which is also good).

I now completely understand the reasoning behind the AL8 Marksman meta, that TTK is really important for Frontlines and the scope gives you the range to be competitive on the larger map size of frontlines, was having a blast with that and the Sjorgren Factory for tighter maps.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Nov 5, 2019

Chopstix
Nov 20, 2002

Played a bit more BF V and spent 10bux on Battlefront II and I can say that I am returning back to BF 1. Nothing beats mowing someone down with a calvary charge. Any goons still play or we got a server?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I play bf1 pretty often because it's neat

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Any DLC weapons I should be using? Haven’t played since before they all came out, game still a lotta fun

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The French guns are all great, the fedorov is awesome, all of the later machine guns are cool too

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive
The Burton is a way to randomly annoy pilots, or to die via reloading. I usually carry it if I am working with an AA emplacement, so that when the AA needs to cooldown I can spit out some hellfire.

But it shines when an airship behemoth comes on the map (just shred), or on Heligoland/Zeebruge, where you can really gently caress up those smaller airships. It's an extremely good use of a ticket to sit in a bunker, keeping an enemy airship out at sea, and effectively trapping 3-4 enemy team members away from the battle. Also, the incendiary rounds do a number on torpedo boats.

Anyone looking for a good conquest server check out TSC. The owners are active (it's game on usually around 7 pm EST), keep the hackers and riffraff out, and occasionally rebalance teams mid-match to keep it competitive and fun.

edit: whoa hello old thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

This is at best tangentially related, but I felt strangely compelled to share