Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
spent two years jerkin it to every scrap of info that came out about spore pre-release, then played the game and lost my faith that there is good in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I got real addicted to that fantasy mod for civ 4, fall from heaven 2 and now vanilla civ 4 ia boring.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
"Free WoW demo, eh? What the hell, got nothing better to do right now."

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Bimmi posted:

"Free WoW demo, eh? What the hell, got nothing better to do right now."

the game was bad by the time this happened so all you wasted was 40 gigs of hd space you could then delete anyway

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

i equipped the boots of blinding speed

I'm always a Breton and always wearing them boots

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Purchased/played Mothership Zeta.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Pre-ordered Mass Effect 3 because I had loved the series so much. Mmmm that ending.

Haven't pre-ordered a game since and it's been okay. :cool:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
once i got drunk and had apparently written femslash about the pilot girl from DX:HR

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I paid full price for Empire: Total War

it was really bad. You tell your guys to shoot and the AI just shuffles in place because it's too dumb to fire the loving guns.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
I played Dota 2.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Mariana Horchata posted:

once i got drunk and had apparently written femslash about the pilot girl from DX:HR

Malik was the bomb though and slash about her = justice.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Zorodius posted:

I paid full price for Empire: Total War

it was really bad. You tell your guys to shoot and the AI just shuffles in place because it's too dumb to fire the loving guns.

At launch (and the following six months) the AI was not capable of transporting armies by sea. As in, it did not know how to load troops on boats, move the boats across water, and offload the troops there. It couldn't do it.

In a game specifically about global empires the AI could only send troops somewhere if they could walk.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

slit pouch is a great euphemism for a vagina

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

mdm posted:

slit pouch is a great euphemism for a vagina

it's silt, like dust/sand. also look at the play time.

client
Aug 19, 2010

my first thought was buying doom 3 on the day it came out, but i actually kind of had fun with that game by running around chainsawing everything like a retarded space leatherface

worst mistake was definitely hitman absolution which was so loving lovely that i didnt buy any new video games until the new doom (which owns)

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

frodnonnag posted:

What the christ. How.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Buying Red Dead Redemption.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

The Dennis System posted:

Buying Red Dead Redemption.

You dumb rear end in a top hat. :rolleyes:

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

frodnonnag posted:

oh man thats like over four years playing that gay rear end little orange gnome thing

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
aw that's too bad about my eyesight but slit pouch is way funnier

Christina Arugula
Aug 10, 2004
How do you like your lawn? Broiled or charred?
Ramrod XTreme

gently caress, I pre-ordered this piece of poo poo.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Fonzarelli posted:

oh man thats like over four years playing that gay rear end little orange gnome thing

almost 5 years.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
In almost every game there's a cutscene where the villain is powerless before the protagonist and I'm always saying "just shoot him, you rear end in a top hat. He's within reach of the detonator" and the protagonist decides to be a merciful idiot so now we have another boss fight for the dumbest reason: the hero with the muscles and the guns and the gently caress-you attitude is just a complete pussy about killing the unarmed, GOD I HATE THIS.

e. Crossposting from tvtropes

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Oblivion collectors edition

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I over extended my supply lines in literally every RTS I've ever played

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
DayZ Standalone. :smith:

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Three-Phase posted:

Im so very sorry.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Three-Phase posted:

Hey, it could have been Star Citizen. Or Doobie's Dog House.

You think any goons scored a triple threat by buying into all three parts of the trio???

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
It's one of the few games I've played that for the most part managed to get less and less fun as it kept getting updated.

The Mod was an awesome mess but it wasn't $30.

There were some good times. We were always spot-on with voice comms.

"Who's this?" "I'm by the tree." "Is that you?" "Wiggle! Wiggle now!"
BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG
"HOLD FIRE!" "STOP!" "GOON ON GOON!"

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 29, 2016

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Trying to explain Pokemon to my mom as a kid and then trying to explain Pokemon Go to my mom as an adult

"Oh okay, so this is the game where you made the Pinkachus fight, but it's on your phone."
UGH NO, MOM

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Orkin Mang posted:

7th guest can puzzle

I have no idea what "shy gypsy slyly tryly tryst by my crypt" even means, but I'll drat sure never forget it.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Mariana Horchata posted:

Pleb choice of Jensen's coworkers to write about.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

As someone who got roped into playing FF11 for a couple months because a couple nerdy friends were into it - Jesus loving Christ. I am so sorry.

Mine was definitely buying Master of Orion 3 at release. I was so horribly hyped for it, too.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Crow_Rodeo posted:

I over extended my supply lines in literally every RTS I've ever played

If I can't slowly turtle build my way to the enemy base or save up for a massive army, it's not an RTS :colbert:

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Oblivion collectors edition

I really wanted to get into oblivion, but gently caress that leveling system. Even then, the world feels bland and the only way to really be effective is learning how to break game mechanics.

Somehow getting an automatic save game as I am falling to my doom. Just need yakkity sax playing as I loop endlessly.

Cosmic Charlie
Apr 6, 2009

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue
I got pretty excited about this new turok game coming out for gamecube, I made it to the first tutorial area, boxed it up and tried to take it back.

The only thing worse was when I was at vodes house around when he got superman64. We were playing my copy of mario kart64 when he tried to step over the console, kicking the game and breaking the pins off in the console. Good times, good times.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

long before i played a real zelda game, i played Wand of Gamelon

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Mass Effect 3. Collector's Edition. :negative:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Was it just the ending that everyone hated about ME3 or was the whole game not good? I never actually got around to that one but I played the first two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
ever since the game came out ive been trying (unsuccessfully) to hack ff7 so that aeris lives

• Locked thread