Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Are you constantly "on" irl? Are you always laying down sick burns, sardonic wit, nonsensical comments and smugness? Or do you turn it off or tone it down when you're offline (lol)?

For myself I'd say I'm pretty much very close to how I come across in my posts. But I know when to dial it down.

How about you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I learn how to talk to my coworkers from something awful. Boy, oh boy. I'm the office cutup.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Im lit af fam

Whatever that means.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
You know what they say,

Smoke weed every day.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
no i keep a p low profile irl and try to stay innoculous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve9Y-dl40sQ

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
im much less easy to get along with in real life

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NQlOfXyrUY

Teikanmi fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 28, 2016

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
in real what??

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm never "on" but I get drunk and think I'm the coolest

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
uh no, i don't think so. sometimes it' slike i'm playing NBA Jam though, and the announcer is like HE'S ON FIRE.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
on what? on fire? yes.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

redm posted:

on what? on fire? yes.

yeh ur really flaming lol

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i have worked in phrases like

same

and im glad of it

irl

and its made me cool as h*ck op

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
My entire day is one long string of high fives and sass.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

Orkin Mang posted:

yeh ur really flaming lol

i unironically wear pants with flames going up the legs like that character in tekken 3

yoshimitsu is my chinese zodiac sign

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

They wouldn't have been friends if they were all Chandlers. Sometimes you get to be Chandler, but sometimes you got to be Joey or even, dare I say it, Ross.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Turn your monitor on

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
A polite hello works as a greeting most days (or a sage nod when I'm feeling less talkative), and I keep to myself the rest of the time. It's very rare for anyone to talk to me at work... maybe I just look intimidating?

BTW put-downs don't belong in the workplace, and may get you a meeting with HR if you're not careful, OP.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Gotta get it on man

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Moon Atari posted:

They wouldn't have been friends if they were all Chandlers. Sometimes you get to be Chandler, but sometimes you got to be Joey or even, dare I say it, Ross.

i watched som friends a few months ago, and realized that joey and phoebe are far and away the best chars, not only the funniest but the two that aren't pathologically self obsessed

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
whenever someone says something real cool irl i like to write it down a piece of paper and hold it up as if I was emptyquoting it

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
I communicate exclusively by handing out pictures of radical dogs, meat sniffing clowns, and telling everyone about my homosexuality. Whenever someone even remotely suggest that I stop I throw a massive tantrum. So yeah I'm always on.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Yes

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

RedMage129 posted:

I communicate exclusively by handing out pictures of radical dogs, meat sniffing clowns, and telling everyone about my homosexuality. Whenever someone even remotely suggest that I stop I throw a massive tantrum. So yeah I'm always on.

shut up.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I'm a goon, I don't interact with other people.

I just grunt and jerk my dick.

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm basically the office "funny guy". The guys are always high fiving me. They actually think I made the Cucky pizzone meme but it was popular on SA and Reddit way before I brought it to them (they're a bit behind the times lol)

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

VendaGoat posted:

I just grunt and jerk my dick.

i relay messages to my superiors in this manner with morse code to keep myself safe from the reptilians

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Iron Prince posted:

whenever someone says something real cool irl i like to write it down a piece of paper and hold it up as if I was emptyquoting it

Me too, but a small chalkboard I carry around.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i just rehearse stock scripts and hope they jive with the context and vernacular. If they don't I turn my hat backwards to indicate coolness. And wait for my turn to talk because my talkin buddy is vomiting word salad of experience and all the flavors of a poetic and beautiful ride as I yell "fart" at a faster and faster cadence as to stroboscopically eclipse their utterance unto a blank soul, immersed in universal knowledge and doctrine. :shrug:

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Why yes, I am always on drugs

DoctorG0nzo
May 28, 2014
I'm boring poo poo irl just like on the internet

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I printed out mask-size copies of all my favorite emoticons so when someone says something crazy I just :psyduck:

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I was at a halloween party once where my buddies hot sister told me she couldn't take me seriously because I kept owning her while she was talking about her dumb pets... also she was dressed up as a princess while she was lecturing me on serious business. I pointed out the irony but by that point the roofies started working and it didn't matter. Alls well that ends well.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I don't talk to humans IRL. I'm a shut-in who works from home FYI.

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
I'm a juggalo

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
I'm always on OP's mom.

e: not like a sex thing she's just so big I can't find my way off. please send help.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
It's hard to get me to be not glib, drunk.

So GFY I guess? :shrug:

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

Im lit af fam

Whatever that means.

LIIIIIT fam! Uh, asuh dude!

• Locked thread