Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Tennis Ball posted:

You're forgetting how the carnival people were all "they say we're freaks and bad people blah blah blah" but then all of them turned out to pretty much be bad people, sometimes even worse than the townsfolk who were being prejudiced against them. Its been like three years so I am having trouble remembering specific instances but I remember they all kill one person or something and then give a big speech, maybe.

If my memory serves, from the first episode they drug and rape that one girl for some reason but it's okay because she gets in a relationship with one of her rapists. Then some of them turn out to be murderers or genuinely lovely people. Elsa the main character starts murdering people. And then the show goes on to unironically portray them all as victims.

The only truly good one was Meep, who was too pure for this world.
God speed Meep, you were the best of us.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

MrSlam posted:

They should really get the guy who writes and directs these commercials to make the show instead

On the other hand, Suicide Squad was such a trainwreck because they hired the studio that made the trailer to edit the movie after the trailer scored so well with audiences...

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

10 Beers posted:

Counterpoint:

A. Evan Peters' performance in Hotel was amazing.

B. Most of the Hotel soundtrack was awesome.
The 'Hotel' soundtrack was one of the best that's ever been on any television or cable thing. OF ALL TIME

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

my fav hotel song was Hotline Bling

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
I kind of like this show but I always have the same complaints each season:

1) The writers never plan things out properly so by the end nothing makes sense or comes together in a coherent way.

2) The show sucks at atmosphere something fierce and as a result is almost never actually scary.

Granted I haven't seen season's 3 and 5 yet so maybe those are different? Still looking forward to season 6 regardless.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
This show is always terrible and yet I always enjoy it in an absolutely trash TV sort of way.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That is a frighteningly accurate bingo card. More frightening than the show tbh.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

It's less "see if it hits bingo" and more "see how many bingos it hits".

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bingo with a shotgun

Coming soon to this thread

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
One last guess: the ?6 is really 66, as in Route 66. The season is Badlands after all.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Missing "Evan Peters threesome with two girls", except that's probably saved for a later episode in the season.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
:getin:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
So it's Ghosthunters this season?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
Well this is already cheesy as hell.

ah. "My Roanoke Nightmare". if that helps.

e: which is in LA. ok. ok ok.

Polygynous fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Sep 15, 2016

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Oh poo poo, I forgot this was even on!

...And I'm confused. Is one couple the ghost-show reenactors and one the real people?

Anyway please let me win that car, mine just broke down. drat YOU MARANDA W FROM OKLAHOMA I VOTED FOR THAT ONE

Edit: Butt window!

Parasol Prophet fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Sep 15, 2016

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Well this is definitely an AHS house.

OH COME ON, no titles?!

Didn't win, but hey, I guessed the right teaser.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Roanoke zombie

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I am... surprisingly excited so far.

But no titles is a major bummer. That's half the fun of a new season!

RichardDunn
Oct 23, 2008
No cool opening titles gently caress this season i'm out

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Parasol Prophet posted:

I am... surprisingly excited so far.

Yeah terrible paranormal documentaries are my guilty pleasure so this season is already my kinda poo poo :allears:

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
Sara Paulson and Cuba Gooding Jr. as reenacting other actors is great.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
That sounded like a pig fainted :aaa:

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
I think this house might be haunted.

e: false alarm it's deliverance

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
RAINING TEEF

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

DarklyDreaming posted:

Yeah terrible paranormal documentaries are my guilty pleasure so this season is already my kinda poo poo :allears:

My mother is a ghost-hunting-show connoisseur, so they're always on in the background. I'm kind of loving it.

Teeth from above!

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.

I'm liking second row from the bottom before the end of this episode.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Creepy ghost twins

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
So.... Chaz Bono was one of the hillbillies.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

CannedMacabre posted:

I'm liking second row from the bottom before the end of this episode.

Quick glimpse of the husband's rear end, so that square came up.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Does she imbibe? :geno:

Rock Or Roll
Feb 18, 2013
I don't know why, but I want to watch this (and be disappointed again). Will this show be available on FXNOW in a day or so? I see nothing as of right now

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

OmegaBR posted:

Well this is definitely an AHS house.

Archways everywhere and a big spiral staircase, it checks out. But I really love the camera work they're doing in this one, so even if the plot sucks I'll have some great visuals.

DarklyDreaming posted:

Creepy ghost twins

I swear they almost looked like the nurse ghosts from season 1 but that doesn't make sense of course.

Also this is the scariest looking hot tub I've ever seen. Why would you go there at night? :gonk:

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.

WizardVan posted:

I don't know why, but I want to watch this (and be disappointed again). Will this show be available on FXNOW in a day or so? I see nothing as of right now

I like to save my up all my disappointment for the finale.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Boring patient lady!

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
Lol! "Yoga's not a job!"

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
You know, normally I would be annoyed at them stopping the plot to go on an unrelated flashback tangent, but I already like Lee better than anyone else introduced so far, so it's all good.

Rock Or Roll
Feb 18, 2013
Well I sort of answered my own question and found the live stream option 30 min into the show. Didn't that black lady play the boring housewife that visits the murderhouse for a therapy session?

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

This seems like a lot of unnecessary information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.

Parasol Prophet posted:

You know, normally I would be annoyed at them stopping the plot to go on an unrelated flashback tangent, but I already like Lee better than anyone else introduced so far, so it's all good.

Does she count for "Sassy black lady"?

• Locked thread