Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
kurt cobain was def a poo poo, just a real big turd

im glad he did heroin a lot (i wish he did more) and im glad of him painting the wall with his headparts much like he painted the 90s with several coats of awful worthless garbled noises thus inspiring a million little poo poo mouths to start bands like puddle of mudd (mudd is a metaphor for poo poo) and pick up their own paintbrushes and smear twatsnot across the radio waves and iTunes etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
if he was still alive I'd tell him to go kill himself tbh

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

also op mental illness and drug addiction are not logical things, I know it's natural to try to make sense of things like "he had so much going for him, why would he throw it away on intravenously shooting the heroin??" and "he had a baby and a dumb slutty wife who while annoying was probably fun and good at loving, and also he was a millionaire famous man who shat out awful derivative turds that were eagerly devoured by idiot kids who handed him fistfuls of money for the privilege to eat his pixie ripoff turds, why would he kill himself??

but ultimately his thoughts and actions were, by nature of being a depressed drug addict, totally irrational and not grounded in reality

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Smash it Smash hit posted:

name more talented pop musicians during the era

lmfao

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Entropic posted:

say what you want about Courtney Love, but Live Through This was legit one of the best albums to come out of the whole grunge thing.

was that the one that "they" say che guevara secretly wrote for courtney but she pretended she wrote it

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Smash it Smash hit posted:

you guys ever think kurt poo poo and peed in a blender and shot it into his veins? maybe that was his secret to being a great musician ?

ummm i was raised to believe his secret to being a great musician was killing himself before people realized he was not a great musician???

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Moon Atari posted:

i'm talking about extending into the next few decades of pop music, where kids grow up seeing the nirvana shirt sold in every store and know about that band their dad likes (or doesn't like outside of a couple of songs), where the guy killed himself big time. im actually hoping kanye will eventually off himself and we can be done with highly influential artistic suicides through kanye deliberately or unintentionally ruining it forever with a 'once as tragedy, twice as farce' style finale.

lmao :golfclap:

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

mdm posted:

kanye believe how crazy this thread is about the dead man

mind blowing, right?

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

I let burnt cobain use my pad to get high and he tied off in my living room and right when he was about to inject the needle he pointed it at me and sprayed it all over me and it was piss

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

burt cobain did a yoda impression and told me "cum rear end, you are!" and I was like "drat"

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

I once caught him using my drink as a toilet :(

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

burt cobain named his head "harm" and then reduced it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

A Strange Aeon posted:

Mods???

He's telling Kurt Cobain to kill himself

Look at how much more beloved and respected he was afterwards, clearly it's good avice from a friend to a pal

• Locked thread