Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
BAM. Slamming out code. Graphing out game theory.

This seat has imprints in it from my backside in the same way a dinosaurs footprint made a footprint in stone because of his massive weight and that print leaves a mark on this earth to this day. And that is how my game will leave a mark in history. Let me give you a little background on my creation process:

BAM. the year is 1988, I'm 5 years old. I start kindergarter. Christian School, A.C.E. curriculum. Learning scripture verses every day. The teacher tells us to pick out brown or green paper to cut out a frog for the wall. All the kids pick green......

I pick brown.

Extrapolate that out to today and it gives you a glimmer of insight into the mind behind this game. A mind that plays by its own rules and sees the world in a different fashion than literally everyone else. My mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Where's your Kickstarter and what tier do I have to donate to to get you to spit in my mouth?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Partial list of everyone who has doubted my abilities to create this dream game and who I have subsequently alienated:

Charles from my old job
Mom
Wife
Neighbor kids (bobby age 7, Gage age 12) real poo poo kids
Wife's mother.

I could go on, but I won't.

Too busy crafting a tidal wave of pair of dime shifting game play.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
What's your favorite scripture verse ?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Decebal posted:

What's your favorite scripture verse ?

1st Cor. 3:16
Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

a star war betamax fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Aug 29, 2016

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
That verse reminds my to keep pressing on and not stopping especially when it comes to finishing this game.

Another verse I like is

Ephesians 2:1-2

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience.

I like these so much because they keep me going as I work on the crafting system and incorporate roguelike aspects into my game. I paraphrased the first part of verse 1 as "dead made alive" and had it tattooed onto my chest.

a star war betamax fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Aug 29, 2016

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Game SUmmary:

:siren:DEAD MADE ALIVE:siren:

You wake up. You were dead, but no longer. Pull up from the ground, everything trembles around you. The world shifts into focus, a growling black swirling mass of color and light in black and white. "Where am I?" you howl into the darkness....no response. No one is there for you. Just like in real life. (this game makes you think as well as being fun)

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
Finally some good content

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
So you're a zombie or some kind of vampire ?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
heheh remember zybourne clock?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I too am working on a computer game it is about buttocks

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Gameplay aspects:

Limited inventory... You start with a backpack (school book size) because you start as a kid (5 years old) in school. Pack it full of whatever you want, the entire world is controlable. Want to bring a paper clip to school that you found digging around in the back yard looking for snake holes? Go ahead.

It occupies one inventory slot and weighs .1 UWU's (universal weight units)

(roughly one tenth of a pound)

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
computer games are poo poo sorry op

bikesonyx
Oct 9, 2014
OP is this a battle-gently caress adventure

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
First day at school was tough for me. First of all, like most youngsters, I was smaller than average for my age. I didn't want to be there, spent most the morning crying, pleading not to go. It's as if I knew, even at such a young age, that school was beneith me, that I was different. My mind had already surpassed the mean tasks of the class room. Reading, writting, arithmetic... basic tasks that I would have mastered on my own. But what did we learn of in class of the realms of higher thought, dreamlife, science fiction, game theory?? Alternate planes of existence? (ref: stranger things) The teacher would never dane to discuss such taboo topics and I was up to me to travel to the domains in my mind's eye.

Much like you, as a player, will travel to amazing worlds in my game "DEAD MADE ALIVE"

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Will there be Day 1 DLC and a Season Pass?

I am all over Season Passes and like to secure one asap for my favourite video games.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

spud posted:

Will there be Day 1 DLC and a Season Pass?

I am all over Season Passes and like to secure one asap for my favourite video games.

I don't know what either of those things are because the only game I play is DC:SS and lately Ive gotten into playing wolf 3d in dosbox

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Wait, PC game ?! Nobody plays on the PC anymore. Get on the consoles like regular, normal folk

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Flashforward:

Modern day. The idea to make this game hits me like a ton of bricks. I was working at a dead end job, (warehouse technician....I'm the one they call when the machines stop working. I go and call the 1-800 number written on the side. Talk to the tech support folks. Lock out tag out the machine. Back to break room. Fire up worm on the nokia) One day, a day that will live in infancy, coworker gets killed on the job. He was eating pain killers the way I eat doughnuts (high metabolism, food is like fuel to me) and he crawls up on top of a high shelf to get some shuteye. Falls asleep on his arm up there and it goes necrotic and I guess the dead arm juices started flowing into his heart because by the time we find him a week later he's half eaten by rats and you can make out all the scratch marks where he was trying to crawl away but his arm was just dead weight at that point and the rats were just tunneling into him nonstop like some sort of crazy school bus and the rats are the kids and I'm late for school and I'm about to piss my pants again.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

hey op, do you work on the Madden team? Because I have a lot of requests and no one will listen to me!

-We need mascot games.
-Allow us to use curses when naming people, example "Fuckboi Jim"
-You should be able to try to purposely injure players and get rewarded for it.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

8 track betamax posted:

BAM. Slamming out code. Graphing out game theory.

This seat has imprints in it from my backside in the same way a dinosaurs footprint made a footprint in stone because of his massive weight and that print leaves a mark on this earth to this day. And that is how my game will leave a mark in history. Let me give you a little background on my creation process:

BAM. the year is 1988, I'm 5 years old. I start kindergarter. Christian School, A.C.E. curriculum. Learning scripture verses every day. The teacher tells us to pick out brown or green paper to cut out a frog for the wall. All the kids pick green......

I pick brown.

Extrapolate that out to today and it gives you a glimmer of insight into the mind behind this game. A mind that plays by its own rules and sees the world in a different fashion than literally everyone else. My mind.

you chose poorly

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

OP I see what you're on to here and I'd like to help, sry i can't code or do art stuff, I'm more of an "ideas guy", but boy do I have some ideas here that will completely grow your mind

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
First question: is this a reboot of the long awaited (?) something awful: the lost king?

Second question: is there a cat?

Third: I don't know anything aboit coding, programming, drawing, website building, but can I have a job developing your game?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Doctor J Off posted:

First question: is this a reboot of the long awaited (?) something awful: the lost king?

Second question: is there a cat?

Third: I don't know anything aboit coding, programming, drawing, website building, but can I have a job developing your game?

First question response: No

Second question response: Yes. Pet's will be enabled in the game. There are over 2 different pets available, with the total number being 3.

PETS:

1. Patches the Cat. She was my cat when I was a child. She was a calico cat and very friendly, kind. One of my few friends. Watch out when equipping her! She gets eaten by a coyote in level 4.
2. Buddy the dog. He is a Labrador (black) his powers include jumping on things and eating the last cantaloupe in mom's garden and then he gets put to sleep!
3. Dixie the dog. If you follow the Buddy pet path, your parents equip you with a new pet to replace Buddy... Dixie the dog. She is a weener dog (dockson)

Third question: I am sorry but this is a one-man operation but feel free to give input and advice because i do not want to be a lone ranger on this.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Back to the backstory of how this game mindflashed into my mind:

So after they get his body down off the top shelf they close off that whole wing of the warehouse. Up goes the plastic tarps, up go the warning tape. Up go the zippered entry ways.... in go the haz-mate guys in full bio suits. Just little glass face basks all fogged up faces all hazy back in there. Eyes wild with fear.

These rats just kept multiplying. They'd fed like they had never fed before and now that don't want to stop. "gonna nip this one in the bud" one of the hazemat guys tells me. He's loading some sort of syringe into a shotgun thing as he says this and I don't have a clue what he's talking about but all this down time lets me get a really high score in worm.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Pro tip: Call the game The Game so it's impossible to find on Steam so you'll only get the most clever and discerning of customers

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Days go by, you can see the guys shuffling back and forth into the sealed off part of the warehouse. ZIIIP ZIIIPP ZIIIIP thats the sound the big zipper on the flap would make. Sometimes they'd bring out big barrels with "RATS" written on the side of them and I asked what was in them and they said rats

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Can there be branching paths with moral choices like jumping on a big yellow button to release the rates?

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Is this more of that Bob's Game bullshit?

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

I want dungeons and multiplayer.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
brown is my favorite color too

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

My powerful computer is programmed to design games. It has maximized graphics, it has professional physics. I am pressing all the keys, every button corresponds to an in-game action. Your avatar - a digital representation of the player within the game space - can pick up axes or guns, and they can interact with tables or applesauce cups. These are called game mechanics, and they will change the industry.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

this is all I ask for op, not that hard

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

ITT we're game developers

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

OctoberBlues posted:

this is all I ask for op, not that hard

not even a tight end

:cmon:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

hth posted:

not even a tight end

:cmon:

I can't get past the first name step, of course he would be #69 TE!!!

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost
I hear all the cool new videogames are on the webverse and have the word "craft" in them.
How much money should I send to your Kickstarter to obtain this feature?

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

im working on a video game where you try and stay inside a bar as long as possible. if you get kicked out or leave, you are forced to confront all the problems in your life and lose

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

8 track betamax posted:

Flashforward:

Modern day. The idea to make this game hits me like a ton of bricks. I was working at a dead end job, (warehouse technician....I'm the one they call when the machines stop working. I go and call the 1-800 number written on the side. Talk to the tech support folks. Lock out tag out the machine. Back to break room. Fire up worm on the nokia) One day, a day that will live in infancy, coworker gets killed on the job. He was eating pain killers the way I eat doughnuts (high metabolism, food is like fuel to me) and he crawls up on top of a high shelf to get some shuteye. Falls asleep on his arm up there and it goes necrotic and I guess the dead arm juices started flowing into his heart because by the time we find him a week later he's half eaten by rats and you can make out all the scratch marks where he was trying to crawl away but his arm was just dead weight at that point and the rats were just tunneling into him nonstop like some sort of crazy school bus and the rats are the kids and I'm late for school and I'm about to piss my pants again.

This made me laugh out loud and I'm still laughing about it now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I'm working on a game where you throw eggs at bees to win coins.

• Locked thread