Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Applewhite posted:

I'm working on a game where you throw eggs at bees to win coins.

What can I do with the coins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
im working on a game based on the color brown

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

dad gay. so what posted:

That's a well trodden genre.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

OctoberBlues posted:

What can I do with the coins?

I don't understand the question.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Applewhite posted:

I don't understand the question.

In that case I would like to preorder 7 copies of the game.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

notZaar posted:

That's a well trodden genre.

its about teenage suicide

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

dad gay. so what posted:

Nice, we really do have too many teens nowadays.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

dad gay. so what posted:

I think I might have played that game.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

a hole-y ghost posted:

I think I might have played that game.

its called "red alert"

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I'm developing an FPS where you play as a big booty cyborg who explores an empty house and gradually the story of the house's occupants and their relationship to you is revealed through notes, possessions and diary entries. Every part of the house is fully destroyable and there are a variety of weapons including a freeze ray and a gun which shoots paintballs full of acid.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

I'm developing an FPS where you play as a big booty cyborg who explores an empty house and gradually the story of the house's occupants and their relationship to you is revealed through notes, possessions and diary entries. Every part of the house is fully destroyable and there are a variety of weapons including a freeze ray and a gun which shoots paintballs full of acid.

this is pretty much my poo poo, please tell me this will be released soon

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

dad gay. so what posted:

this is pretty much my poo poo, please tell me this will be released soon

It's called "the empty house massacre"
You can pre-order it for $69.69 and you'll get the golden cyborg skin DLC and also a pre order exclusive gun called "the Disappointer" which is actually the only way to finish the game.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Pls contribute to my kickstarter. I'm developing a procedurally generated roguelike where the character, gameplay mechanics, physics, terrain, enemies and graphics are all randomly generated. You might end up flying a go-kart through the galaxy shooting cheese at dinosaurs, or you could play as a dinosaur who shoots galaxies while exploring a giant go-kart in your flying cheese.

Anything is possible and it's all random.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

Pls contribute to my kickstarter. I'm developing a procedurally generated roguelike where the character, gameplay mechanics, physics, terrain, enemies and graphics are all randomly generated. You might end up flying a go-kart through the galaxy shooting cheese at dinosaurs, or you could play as a dinosaur who shoots galaxies while exploring a giant go-kart in your flying cheese.

Anything is possible and it's all random.

OMG please let me have a beta

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
ium working on a tanning booth simulator right now but i can help if you need some codes

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

dad gay. so what posted:

OMG please let me have a beta

It's still in Pre-alpha right now but it's not going to change much between now and release. I'm having a blast right now. My character is a galaxy who rides a dinosaur around and shoots go karts at cheese. Also: the dinosaur can FLY!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

OctoberBlues posted:

this is all I ask for op, not that hard

Does Handiness track how much they like wanking?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

It's still in Pre-alpha right now but it's not going to change much between now and release. I'm having a blast right now. My character is a galaxy who rides a dinosaur around and shoots go karts at cheese. Also: the dinosaur can FLY!

sounds like there are lots of options in game generator. im sold

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
are there any ethics involved in this gmae? Ethics in gaming is p much my favorite thing so it is important for me to know

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

are there any ethics involved in this gmae? Ethics in gaming is p much my favorite thing so it is important for me to know

you have to be chaotic good

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
or neutral grey

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Just add spaceships and deeds to houses and you'll have idiots lined up for miles to sign up, and badly coded netcode.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
can someone make a game where the soundtrack is mostly a group of people telling jokes, laughing, and generally enjoying life so when I play it I can turn the volume way up and make my neighbors think I have friends? thanks

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

CharlestonJew posted:

can someone make a game where the soundtrack is mostly a group of people telling jokes, laughing, and generally enjoying life so when I play it I can turn the volume way up and make my neighbors think I have friends? thanks

here you go

http://feeds.feedburner.com/uhhyeahdude/podcast

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

dad gay. so what posted:

call your game "the bridget jones diarreahs"

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

dad gay. so what posted:

or neutral grey

neutral gay

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Nooner posted:

somewhat related, im wondering if ethnics is involved in this games? ethnics in gaming is p much MY favourite thing and i think many others so you should put in the summary whether ethnics are in the game yet or no

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
More backstory:

After a couple weeks it seemed like they were making headway against the rats when something happened that I will never forget. They stopped taking the punch cards at Subway where you get 10 punches and you get a free foot long. And also that same day one of the hazmat workers comes out of the zipper flap and he's staggering around kinda weird, all stiff like and his buddy is like "Hey Frank you alright pal?" and Frank sorta lifts a hand up and waves and I was pulled out of my depression about the subway punch card thing just a little bit at that point because they go up to frank and look through the face plate and his whole helmet is just filled with rats and somebody screams and everybody recoils back away from him and the suit starts coming apart at the seams and its just rats... rats everywhere. turns out the were puppeteering Franks suit from the inside the whole time. Which is just as well because if Frank had still been there I'm sure he would have been just as devastated as we all were about Subway's heel turn.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

dad gay. so what posted:

ALSO, as was already stated, this is way played out. maybe explore the colour blue, an often overlooked colour in gaming

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

8 track betamax posted:

More backstory:

After a couple weeks it seemed like they were making headway against the rats when something happened that I will never forget. They stopped taking the punch cards at Subway where you get 10 punches and you get a free foot long. And also that same day one of the hazmat workers comes out of the zipper flap and he's staggering around kinda weird, all stiff like and his buddy is like "Hey Frank you alright pal?" and Frank sorta lifts a hand up and waves and I was pulled out of my depression about the subway punch card thing just a little bit at that point because they go up to frank and look through the face plate and his whole helmet is just filled with rats and somebody screams and everybody recoils back away from him and the suit starts coming apart at the seams and its just rats... rats everywhere. turns out the were puppeteering Franks suit from the inside the whole time. Which is just as well because if Frank had still been there I'm sure he would have been just as devastated as we all were about Subway's heel turn.
Hmm I like it but it's a little derivative. Not ready for front page article yet.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
will there be stealth I hate stealth

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I liek playing video game on my XBOX ONE

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

mdm posted:

will there be stealth I hate stealth

does rat puppeteering count as stealth?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

CharlestonJew posted:

probably not because that sounds awesome

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
So that was the day I said to myself, "This world is so mixed up, doesn't make any sense any more. Subway's gone to pieces. This job is getting me no where fast...." I said these things inside of my mind, not out lout. This is something I can do, I can think thoughts internally, and then I can express them inwardly, only barely moving my lips. Others around me are completely unaware of the inner dialogue unfolding right next to them, unless they are really close to my mouth which people rarely are.

"Wouldn't it be nice to escape into a cyber world where Patches was still alive, where subway still accepted my punch card, where this job didn't have constant interruptions of rats and hazmat suits and zipper tarps, where things still made sense..... I will make that world."

This game is a direct result of that internal conversation I held with myself on that faithful day. As God's word says:

Matthew 6:20

Be anxious for nothing and lay not up treasure for yourself on earth where moth and rat will corrupt, but lay up your treasure in heaven where thieves cannot break in and destroy

Which incidentally is the ultimate goal of the game, to be born again and then die and go live with God for ever in heaven.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

CharlestonJew posted:

I am sorry about the confusion but everything I have been recounting is simply the backstory of how I got the idea to make the game and does not reflect any actual game play elements of the game itself. I will get into gameplay soon but I wanted to give everyone ITT a "peak behind the curtains" of the creation of this game.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Fast forward a few years.....BAM there I am, sitting alone in my apartment, ready to make something of myself. I had saved up a couple hundred bucks from a side job at the car wash and I was feeling on top of the world, ready to take the bull in the balls as the old saying goes. Ring ring....its the phone, ringing like an electronic bat out of some sort of e-hell....ring ring "Ok ok keep your shirt on" I say, out lout this time, and I reach over and snatch the offensive phone up out of its cradle. It was one of those "see-through" phones where you can see all the innards and circuits on the inside because the plastic is "see-through"

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
It was my mom asking me when I was going to pay her back the 500 dollars she loaned me.

"Mom, once my game gets off the ground, 500 dollars will be nothing to us anymore it will be like toilet paper. Because we will have something worth so much more than money...we will have the friendship of the whole world"

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

8 track betamax posted:

It was my mom asking me when I was going to pay her back the 500 dollars she loaned me.

"Mom, once my game gets off the ground, 500 dollars will be nothing to us anymore it will be like toilet paper. Because we will have something worth so much more than money...we will have the friendship of the whole world"
you should tell her you can't put a price on art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hi OP will your game have crafting mechanics? I only play games with crafting mechanics.

• Locked thread