Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Serious Frolicking posted:

video games will never be as good as you remember them from your childhood. just give up, lay down and die of natural causes.

Then why is Death Wish 3 still so much fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i feel like people who say that never have interesting hobbies themselves

they're usually just miserable work a holics

honk honk

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
hewwo I am pewdiepie and WHOA A WHOAH A WHOA A WHOA *does not at the videogame well at ALL*

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

I AM THE TOILET posted:

hewwo I am pewdiepie and WHOA A WHOAH A WHOA A WHOA *does not at the videogame well at ALL*

lmao

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
This videogame streamer has ¿¡^opinions!!!^¡¿ about Syria and the children who are dying there as we speak (plz donate to patreon)

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
yeah okay today I'm reviewing Lincoln logs and they look like lil turds which is an accurate description of how fun they is TRY A FREE SUBSCRIPTION TO AUDIBLE peace

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
this game is roguelike, procedurally generated, has zombies, has a doctor who license and also force feeds me brownies.
my sexual identity has been leveled up by idiots. 2 outta 10

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

CrashCat posted:

if turtles could kill with a single touch you bet public opinion would change

turtles can my man turtles can

it's called salmonella

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Pvt.Scott posted:

If only we could be half as handsome and talented as that guy.
this unironically, most people don't even know

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

turtles can my man turtles can

it's called salmonella
i mean instantly, salmonella takes some time

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Germstore posted:

Did the cake boss really drop a cake in the ocean?

Yeah it was awesome he yelled gently caress so loud.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
How come there's no video game about kissing your own dad on the mouth... makes you think

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

JiveHonky posted:

How come there's no video game about kissing your own dad on the mouth... makes you think

But...but shower with your dad is the closest thing to this.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Video games are fun. I personally enjoy them even if I don't play them frequently.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dad gay. so what posted:

its about child abductions

you mean ethics in child abductions

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Wicker Man posted:

But...but shower with your dad is the closest thing to this.

Shower with him only gets you halfway to the ballpark.(if you follow my meaning))

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

A Strange Aeon posted:

I didn't want to include who said it, since last time I did that, some guy was like "You're just trying to use the name of the person who said that to argue from authority, which makes your point rhetorical bullshit" or something.

I just think that arrangement of words is true and the whole "<x> is for children" argument is silly for the reasons argued in the quote.

Doesn't that kind of make you the childish person they were talking about, though?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A Strange Aeon posted:

I didn't want to include who said it, since last time I did that, some guy was like "You're just trying to use the name of the person who said that to argue from authority, which makes your point rhetorical bullshit" or something.

I just think that arrangement of words is true and the whole "<x> is for children" argument is silly for the reasons argued in the quote.

Your dick is for children.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I'm a Gamer.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i still dont know what the gently caress roguelike means

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

thathonkey posted:

How about you use some critical thinking and figure it out, n00blett.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
i used to binge on video games, but then again, i used to binge on alcohol, or anything else that let me blot out my own existence. so yeah basically just confirming "only mental illness people play video games a bunch in adult hood"

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
Video games are fun and I like to do fun things. There are however many other things in this world one could consider 'fun' and perhaps ones time would be better spent in these pursuits but then again maybe not. I like reading books and gardening as well as golf and fishing but notably none of those things can be done just sitting on my couch high as gently caress, well, except reading a book I guess.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I like playing Lufia 2's roguelike sidequest.

I tried playing NetHack and was like "gently caress this poo poo".

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

wide stance posted:

Books are the best however you can't be high or drunk.

:confused: Reading high is great?

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Assroids isn't all that fun as an adult

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

FIRST TIME posted:

I like playing Lufia 2's roguelike sidequest.

I tried playing NetHack and was like "gently caress this poo poo".

There's a significant investment of time involved but getting the hang of nethack is very worth it, you should give it another go. Or you could try Brogue which doesn't have as much poo poo to figure out and is quite a bit shorter.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Jim Barris posted:

There's a significant investment of time involved but getting the hang of nethack is very worth it, you should give it another go. Or you could try Brogue which doesn't have as much poo poo to figure out and is quite a bit shorter.

alternatively, you could not do any of whatever the gently caress this says

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

OMGVBFLOL posted:

alternatively, you could not do any of whatever the gently caress this says
Yes that is true. Nethack isn't for everyone. It's very complex and there's a lot of time and effort you have to invest just to understand basic gameplay mechanics. However the amount of freedom you posses to solve any given problem placed before you is simply unparalleled.If you can imagine a solution; it's possible. In one of my first games I got to the level where you fight medusa and I was able to wrap a towel I found around my face and run at her blind holding a mirror in front of me and it worked. She was turned to stone by her own gaze just like in the myth.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

i don't like the videogames but the videogames like me

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

JiveHonky posted:

Look at this "adult" that's never played dad kisser 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

thathonkey posted:

I could tell you but that wouldn't be very roguelike of me

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I don't play videogames; I engage with Interactive Media. :smug:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Applewhite posted:

I don't play videogames; I engage with Interactive Media. :smug:

that's code for hentai games. don't worry, your secret is safe with me.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I don't interact with media, I buy digital experiences :smug::smug:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Serious Frolicking posted:

that's code for hentai games. don't worry, your secret is safe with me.

Hentai games are lovely garbage and not a single one of them fails to disappoint. I'm seriously considering not buying them any more.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

mind the walrus posted:

I don't interact with media, I buy digital experiences :smug::smug:

that's code for...

my god man, someone call the cops on this sicko

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
My favorite video game is doing crosswords while taking a poo poo

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Gonna get home from class this afternoon, burn a bowl, and play some Diablo II.

Ya hate us cus you ain't us.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
playing video games as an adult owns instead of waiting for christmas or birthdays to get one or two games that might suck you get to buy whatever you want whenever you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I was up till about midnight trying not to drive fake racecars off a mountain and I regret nothing. I drove a bunch off the mountain it was cool. vroooom!

• Locked thread