Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Gatekeeper posted:

ooh maybe woody Allen right in time for chanukah

You're doing it wrong, this would actually redeem 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
I hear some little kid shot him in the rear end.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

HEY BOOYS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkVl1zfM_G4

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I'm so loving jelous he can wear his gun belt around his actual waist, and not what his FUPA defines as his "waist".

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

VendaGoat posted:

I'm so loving jelous he can wear his gun belt around his actual waist, and not what his FUPA defines as his "waist".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMfBk_k_79g

also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KF6tRXpw00

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

I just made a post in another thread. It deals with your post.

It's a good post.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Silver Streak was better than Willy Wonka and Young Frankenstein combined.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I hope he gets a high five from Harambe in heaven.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

The Willy Wonka Boat scene had a definite meaning. :)

Yes, for you.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

OctoberBlues posted:

Yes, for you.

Your rowers, keep on rowing...

You earned it.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-N5jjexaZ0

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

zimboe posted:

I hear some little kid shot him in the rear end.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZLPJuy9oyQ

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

gene wilder i hope i still have fabulous hair like you when im an octogenerian

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
La Bolsa! Joan Wilder!

Oh poo poo..... I think I may have had too much to drink. :v:

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
It makes me really sad to hear this. In particular because my dad has advanced Alzheimer's, and I've watched his slow decent for years. It is such a lovely disease.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

genesplicer posted:

It makes me really sad to hear this. In particular because my dad has advanced Alzheimer's, and I've watched his slow decent for years. It is such a lovely disease.

My grandfather had Alzheimer's and passed away this past March. It really is the worst loving disease and it's awful when their memory starts to go. Sorry about your dad, man. :smith:

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Gene's shoes look super comfortable in that pic.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Not sure if this has been posted yet:

Gene Wilder on Truth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PUW2POEjX4

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

genesplicer posted:

:smith:

Yes.
Yes it is.

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOA7CcVOFIs

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Close.
but no :clint:

Funny name on that emoji.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Well, at least there is some positive...

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Did the people making those jokes even watch the movie

Charlie won the chocolate factory as soon as he won the contest. He didn't have to wait for Wonka to die

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

ethanol posted:

killed by muslims

I don't think so?

Anyone know if in the movie the four grandparents were like all making GBS threads in that bed together or what?

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

You're doing it wrong, this would actually redeem 2016

I deffo want his rear end dead and rotting af but I thought woodie Allen was still beloved by all despite being a huge creep and almost certainly a serial child rapist

Maybe it's just because I live in NYC that this seems to be the case :(

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
even the wokest robocoppers I know seem to always be like '...and Roman polabski? He wS just set up by an overdeveloped Lolita and her greedy criminal mom. amnesty NOW'

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
I mean even jimmy page was a pedophile I think and nobody seems to care. I think the separating art and artist thing is a good idea. Cosby only gets so much poo poo for his sex crimes cause he's black, cause I mean that's how terrible white people are; sex crimes don't even offend them when another white person does it and they secretly probably think it's good.

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

Secular Humanist posted:

I mean even jimmy page was a pedophile I think and nobody seems to care. I think the separating art and artist thing is a good idea. Cosby only gets so much poo poo for his sex crimes cause he's black, cause I mean that's how terrible white people are; sex crimes don't even offend them when another white person does it and they secretly probably think it's good.

idk I think part of what made Cosby's thing so bad was that he touted being a family man and basically tried to get all black people to follow his example. Then it turned out he'd been raping people since the sixties, flying in the face of his "fresh like a spring breeze" persona.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xanei.exe posted:

idk I think part of what made Cosby's thing so bad was that he touted being a family man and basically tried to get all black people to follow his example. Then it turned out he'd been raping people since the sixties, flying in the face of his "fresh like a spring breeze" persona.

That, and the Sandusky rule kicked in -- past a certain number of credible allegations, the odds would be that he'd be guilty of at least one of those. I mean, it wasn't like they all cropped up at once for Cosby.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Secular Humanist posted:

I think the separating art and artist thing is a good idea.

I don't think you can in this day and age, at least not while they're still alive, when they can still profit from your patronage with residual royalties and all.

I mean, Wagner was a huge anti-semitic poo poo head, but there's enough distance between now vs. when he died that I know a classical composition featuring his works would support the performing ensemble more than him or his ideals.

What I'm saying is that I ain't in any hurry to watch Chinatown.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Xanei.exe posted:

With the rap music and the hip hop... Jell-o pudding pops.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

I don't think you can in this day and age, at least not while they're still alive, when they can still profit from your patronage with residual royalties and all.

I mean, Wagner was a huge anti-semitic poo poo head, but there's enough distance between now vs. when he died that I know a classical composition featuring his works would support the performing ensemble more than him or his ideals.

What I'm saying is that I ain't in any hurry to watch Chinatown.

Yeah I mean I don't think any of us are really disagreeing; the artists in question are dirtballs as human beings but made some pretty good art. Any kind of direct monetary compensation for their art is kinda inappropriate while they can benefit from it personally, I suppose, but people poo poo all over the efforts of artists who aren't pedophiles by stealing their art all the time so I'm not even really sure what I'm advocating for now... don't rape, I guess?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Secular Humanist posted:

don't rape, I guess?

Controversial opinion you got their friend.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

VendaGoat posted:

Controversial opinion you got their friend.

Racism is wrong too :smug:

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Betty White better watch out.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crazyeyes posted:

Betty White better watch out.

Nah, I'm pretty sure she's a highlander. Somebody defeated Abe Vigoda, and it certainly wasn't Dick Clark.

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

Tim curry is next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

Norton posted:

Tim curry is next

Don't even joke about that :ohdear:

• Locked thread