Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Sid Vicious posted:

is this true because drat I loved young Frankenstein so much :(

Blazing Saddles too. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Vertical Lime posted:

mel brooks is gonna outlive all the people in his movies, isn't he
I listened to an interview with him on a podcast from this year and he's still sharp as a knife, too.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Big Mean Jerk posted:

i share a birthday with gene wilder

gently caress this dumbass year

if it's the one I'm thinking of, he's amazing at telling stories that normally wouldn't be interesting in the slightest

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/a-conversation-with-mel-brooks/

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Vastarien posted:

Him talking about the death of Gilda Radner is pretty fuckin sad, man.

Augh I thought I was done with feeling emotions.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/62cb45073aee4239a0195884c12d68cd/nephew-gene-wilder-star-mel-brooks-movies-dies-83 posted:

Wilder's nephew said Monday that the actor and writer died late Sunday at his home in Stamford, Connecticut, from complications from Alzheimer's disease.

Jordan Walker-Pearlman said in a statement that Wilder was diagnosed with the disease three years ago, but kept the condition private so as not to disappoint fans.

"He simply couldn't bear the idea of one less smile in the world," Walker-Pearlman said.
:smith:

• Locked thread