Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I remember...Luisfe, I think? LPing this and just quitting out of frustration (or finishing it? I may have quit reading out of boredom, myself). Tedium is difficulty, in its own special way, so I don't know if the statement at the start of the thread is especially accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
The overarching theme of this game might as well be "I know I'm supposed to, but I can't take this seriously."

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Eridanus certainly has the best theme, at least.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

This bullshit is where the game lost me completely. If you keep breaking the rules of the setting, what's the point? The characters aren't good enough to salvage this trainwreck.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Getting mildly invested in a dungeon? Interested to see what the other two bosses are gonna become?

Nope, time to backtrack and meet up with the exaggerated libertarians.

God, this game is dumb.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I completely forgot grus existed

Obviously, I remembered there was a sector starting with G, but I literally remember nothing about it

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Zelenin's new outfit is loving horrible

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

mandatory lesbian posted:

murder is correct, but since you have a law protag it'd make more sense to brainwash them

also, thanks for doing the worst path first, assuming the alignment holds

This exactly

The pragmatic and intelligent answer is to kill the exceedingly non-loyal force brainwashed by a likely-unaligned former friend, because they're liable to become enemies whether brainwashed or not

But you already have the law alignment so for the sake of not wasting your time, might as well do that one now

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Oh now I remember grus

I'm so sorry

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Oh look, an extended bad ending.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

SMT Mara is the best thing about the entire series

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Tallgeese posted:

I point out that we already have an example of what happens to people affected by the hymn, and they don't exactly seem unhappy with it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I expected you to understand that what I was saying via pithy quote was that psychologically breaking someone to the point that they're happy is considered a bad thing because "happiness" is not intrinsically good, but I think you're just an idiot

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Tallgeese posted:

I recall that the general idea of hell involves suffering. I don't see that on display - seems to be quite the opposite.

If there's no one left alive, is anyone suffering?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I really like how Irving just wants to mess with weird poo poo, no matter the route.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

mandatory lesbian posted:

it's more making GBS threads on the jewish idea of god

It does a really poor job of it, speaking as a jew

That's mostly because I don't think japanese media gets judaism at all

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Oh cool you killed god again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Bad game, good lp

• Locked thread