Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Colin Kaepernick is

*bad at football
*won't stand for 'Murica
*fails the paper bag test
*100% right

People have opinions about this and we need to hear them in a separate but equal thread that in no way exists to take this unreadable garbage out of the N/V thread so it can easily be gassed in a few days.

Also this is basically the NFC West chat thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chromatic officially has free rein for dog picture posting in this thread

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
No racist Photoshops please

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I Stand With Colin.

Erm, or Sit, I guess...

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
So let me get this straight. Colin Whatshisface refuses to stand for the National Anthem...
a song that thousands of men and women have died protecting...and gets nothing. But the Dallas Cowboys petition the league to wear a sticker on their helmets honoring the 5 fallen police officers that their city is STILL reeling from, and are denied.
It's no secret how much I despise the NFL, but it's baffling how they've gotten so big that people just don't care anymore. They could go shoot a guy in the middle of Fifth Avenue, and they wouldn't lose any viewers.
All I can say is that they better not have the balls to say they support the troops anymore, because this is the ultimate hypocrisy.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/CamInman/status/770008780197224448?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

You think he'd be nicer to a fellow hater of American soldiers though:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
best rendition of the anthem imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73ZsDdK0sTI

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
the only song I'll die protecting is tupac + big L Deadly Combination

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Black Lives Matter spins a false narrative about police violence and Kaepernick is a desperate loser on the way out of town being coddled by the media. Sad. His conclusions are based on bad facts. There is NOT an epidemic of white racist police murdering unarmed black men. Police are more likely to use deadly force against a threatening white person than a black one. These bad facts are not simple error, either, they are part of a campaign of deceit. It's not someone dumb who thinks the earth is flat, its someone famous telling kids the earth is flat. Bad facts are always offensive because the truth is an absolute good.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Kalli posted:

Trump not buttoning his jacket bothers me a lot more.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

kittenmittons posted:

if you button a Jos A Bank suit too often the button falls off

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

kittenmittons posted:

ted cruz looks like he's touching his nipple

e: what the gently caress kind of filter is that

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

African AIDS cum posted:

Black Lives Matter spins a false narrative about police violence and Kaepernick is a desperate loser on the way out of town being coddled by the media. Sad. His conclusions are based on bad facts. There is NOT an epidemic of white racist police murdering unarmed black men. Police are more likely to use deadly force against a threatening white person than a black one. These bad facts are not simple error, either, they are part of a campaign of deceit. It's not someone dumb who thinks the earth is flat, its someone famous telling kids the earth is flat. Bad facts are always offensive because the truth is an absolute good.

see mine was a quote from someone else

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

Please source your quotes so we can help mine for comedy gold

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

if you button a Jos A Bank suit too often the button falls off

That's why I got mine from JC Penny

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

see mine was a quote from someone else

Sounds like you just admitted to posting in bad faith.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Am I supposed to stand up during the national anthem if I am at home watching the game?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kalli posted:

Why is Cruz's hand inside the jacket

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
probably seen pictures of famous generals doing it and got confused

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Freedom of expression mother fuckers do you get it?

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

African AIDS cum posted:

Sounds like you just admitted to posting in bad faith.

Jeez look at the two trolls go at each other like rabid animals

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
And what's Rubio even looking at

That picture inspires so many questions

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Celebrities and rich people love slacktivism, they get to feel good about themselves by making people "aware" of an issue without spending any of their millions or giving up their free time

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

https://theintercept.com/2016/08/28/colin-kaepernick-is-righter-than-you-know-the-national-anthem-is-a-celebration-of-slavery/

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Chip Kelly supports Kaepernick's decision to sit so much he's allowing him to sit all 4 quarters too.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

this link is actually kinda wrong in interpreting that hidden stanza. I read a really good piece on it somewhere but I forgot where it is or the major points

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

let's all sing the anthem while we touch our wieners

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I'm sick of the NFL being a playground for hyperpolitical powerless people desperately searching for a sense of personal agency. Goodell enabled these people. Keep this politics crap out of my sports.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
it wasn't Goodell you dumbass it was Obama

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/tonystewart/status/770377330325909506

https://twitter.com/philatticus/status/770378508174372864

hahahahaha

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Lmao

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Hahaha, wow.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Do it ironically posted:

Celebrities and rich people love slacktivism, they get to feel good about themselves by making people "aware" of an issue without spending any of their millions or giving up their free time

This is hardly unique to celebrities or millionaires

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Pron on VHS posted:

it wasn't Goodell you dumbass it was Obama

I actually blame all the thousands of bleacher report type "bloggers" that spend all day on twitter and have mixed its toxic groupthink with their own delusions of grandeur. Whatever the case its bad. Now the good thing is Kaepernick is an awful quarterback on a bad team.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

beautiful

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I always thought the national anthem at sporting events was weird as hell. There is nothing about sports that makes me feel particularly nationalistic, especially against two American teams.

Like international play, do the national anthem. Why the gently caress do we do it before literally every domestic sporting event? Its weird.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

African AIDS cum posted:

I actually blame all the thousands of bleacher report type "bloggers" that spend all day on twitter and have mixed its toxic groupthink with their own delusions of grandeur. Whatever the case its bad. Now the good thing is Kaepernick is an awful quarterback on a bad team.

thats crazy, you should take action

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I always thought the national anthem at sporting events was weird as hell. There is nothing about sports that makes me feel particularly nationalistic, especially against two American teams.

Like international play, do the national anthem. Why the gently caress do we do it before literally every domestic sporting event? Its weird.

To remind us of the greatness of freedom of this country. Like when ushers at Yankee Stadium made someone piss himself because they wouldn't let him go to the bathroom during God Bless America

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Intruder posted:

This is hardly unique to celebrities or millionaires

True, but they don't have the platform that a celebrity or sports star would, and I'm fine with standing up against police brutality and Black rights, but unless you're actually going to do something to help, it's extremely hollow and self indulgent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Mel Mudkiper posted:

:same:

I feel the same about the pledge in schools too. Like we have to do it as a magic incantation to ward off Communism

• Locked thread