Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I remember pretty much disliking everyone in this game except Jann.

Who kicks rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Definitely bring Salinas, and also bring Jann. Tank-killers ahoy!

Hermes and Melville, by the way, are just more filler characters, they have different personalities and all, but there's really nothing especially interesting they bring to the table in the way of Potentials.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rosie, Salinas, Lynn, Aisha, Melville, Wavy, Jann, and Dallas will hold the line against the gargantuan Batomys.

Video - Desert Duel with Maximilian

Overcompensation is never convincing.

Updated Personnel Files

Isara Gunther

Largo Potter

Brigitte Stark

P2K Rince Dogg Maxxy Millyunz

Gen. Bles

New Glossary Files

Barious Ruins Antechamber

The War of the Valkyrur

Old Northern Script

The Valkyrur

Darcsens

Batomys

Valkyrur Common Knowledge

Valkyria Worship

The Lance and Shield

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
Jann's loving voice, jesus christ.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
This was the last mission I played. I dont even rememeber why I stopped.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

Jann'zzz loving voissse, jeezusss chrissssssssst.

Apep727
Jun 18, 2016
Okay, started watching this LP, I'm finally caught up, so I'll share some thoughts.

- Gameplay-wise, the game looks good. The mechanics don't look too complicated, and some of the scenarios seem challenging, but not unfair.

- Story and character-wise, this game is anime as f*ck. Maybe I'm too much a fan of dark, gritty stuff, but I don't think it's unfair to say that no one (from the characters to the writers) seems to be taking the whole "we're at war, fighting back an invasion" thing all that seriously. Yes, food shortages are an issue in war, but did we really need to include a discussion of the importance of eating vegetables? Yes, I get that the whole scene with Maximilian was supposed to set up plot stuff, but the whole time I was practically yelling, "just shoot him!"I get that Welkin and Squad 7 have made some major contributions to the war effort, but would the enemy command staff really take note of a single fairly low-ranking officer?

And speaking of which, while I get that this is a war, and we're fighting as the militia, but my god the ages on some of these soldiers. How desperate do you have to be to give command of a whole squad to a guy who hasn't finished college, let alone two? Is it because Welkin has a tank? Because that's a really, really stupid reason to give someone a command.

Sorry, I get that a lot of these things are just tropes of the genre, and they're not going to totally ruin the experience, but I just had to get this stuff off my chest.

Repster
Nov 29, 2014

Apep727 posted:

And speaking of which, while I get that this is a war, and we're fighting as the militia, but my god the ages on some of these soldiers. How desperate do you have to be to give command of a whole squad to a guy who hasn't finished college, let alone two? Is it because Welkin has a tank? Because that's a really, really stupid reason to give someone a command.

Welkin is the son of a War Hero. Welkin was also enrolled at the University of Randgriz. He did it for biology, but it's still a military facility,, and because of his high intellect, there's no way he was not involved in officer training.

THAT'S why he's given command, because he's actually DOES have the qualifications for the job.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Apep727 posted:

- Story and character-wise, this game is anime as f*ck.

Well, yes. You ain't seen nothing yet.

The glossary mentions that pretty much every level of Gallia's school system is a blood-soaked cog in the military-industrial machine partly dedicated to military training, in line with their mandatory service policy. So most Gallians are competent with a rifle at least, and as college students Welkin and Faldio have both completed officer training.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Also recall 2 things:

A: Gallia is basically a nation the size of Switzerland trying to hold off a nation the size of the Third Reich and the Soviet Union combined.
B: Welkin and Co. are a militia formation, not part of the regular army (which IS out there fighting and dying).

Even though the Empire is basically sending off a low-ranking noble son to invade an admittedly resource rich backwater, Gallia is still woefully undermanned. Basically, if you've got both hands, can stand up, see lightning and hear thunder, congratulations! You get to fight for your country!

Apep727 posted:

- Story and character-wise, this game is anime as f*ck.

Like people have said, you ain't seen nothing yet. That said, VC does include something from WW2 that I've only ever seen two other games include (and in one of them, they don't directly show it), and I appreciate it for doing so.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Apep727 posted:

- Story and character-wise, this game is anime as f*ck. Maybe I'm too much a fan of dark, gritty stuff, but I don't think it's unfair to say that no one (from the characters to the writers) seems to be taking the whole "we're at war, fighting back an invasion" thing all that seriously. Yes, food shortages are an issue in war, but did we really need to include a discussion of the importance of eating vegetables? Yes, I get that the whole scene with Maximilian was supposed to set up plot stuff, but the whole time I was practically yelling, "just shoot him!"I get that Welkin and Squad 7 have made some major contributions to the war effort, but would the enemy command staff really take note of a single fairly low-ranking officer?

Well, the game implies that Squad 7 is the best squad in the Gallian military right now, and the only ones making actual gains, so they've caught the enemy's attention, though that's pretty contrived and anime in its own right. And if his team's performance hadn't put a target on his back, it's pretty clear that finding those ruins was a good way to get Max mad at you. As for taking the way seriously, yeah, only a small handful of your soldiers have personalities or backstories that recognize there's a war going on and also that war is bad and leaves more victims in its wake than just those that fall in battle. Not to mention the characters that were clearly designed for creepy nerds to call their waifu or whatever (and they were successful, Dorothy was far and away the most popular character in Japan).

CommissarMega posted:

That said, VC does include something from WW2 that I've only ever seen two other games include (and in one of them, they don't directly show it), and I appreciate it for doing so.

I know what you mean, and Extra Credits actually praised VC for its treatment of that topic, and, for all the anime and other poo poo, I've gotta agree, it was pretty well-handled, though I'll admit I wasn't holding it to any great expectations.

EclecticTastes fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Oct 7, 2016

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

EclecticTastes posted:

Dorothy was far and away the most popular character in Japan.

Wasn't that Edy though? I thought that was why she got her own stupid DLC (thankfully it had Jann, so it wasn't a total loss). I for one would've wanted Jane's Imperial Murder Simulator instead, and if you've got more brain cells than teeth, you would too :colbert:

EclecticTastes posted:

I know what you mean, and Extra Credits actually praised VC for its treatment of that topic, and, for all the anime and other poo poo, I've gotta agree, it was pretty well-handled, though I'll admit I wasn't holding it to any great expectations.

Yeah, it really took me for a loop that VC was willing to do that, and in a properly respectful manner* at least by my standards. Mind you, I'm a Malaysian Muslim so I don't know how resonant/insulting it would be for, well, you know.

*On the whole, at least. If we go through the DLC I'll explain why I said that.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

Wasn't that Edy though? I thought that was why she got her own stupid DLC (thankfully it had Jann, so it wasn't a total loss). I for one would've wanted Jane's Imperial Murder Simulator instead, and if you've got more brain cells than teeth, you would too :colbert:

Oh, right, mixed up their names. The annoying one with pigtails.

Apep727
Jun 18, 2016

Repster posted:

Welkin is the son of a War Hero. Welkin was also enrolled at the University of Randgriz. He did it for biology, but it's still a military facility,, and because of his high intellect, there's no way he was not involved in officer training.

THAT'S why he's given command, because he's actually DOES have the qualifications for the job.

First, being related to a war hero (or any famous/powerful person) is a terrible reason to give out a command. Tactical ability isn't genetic - look at Kaiser Wilhelm II.

Second, Welkin may have been tapped for officer training, but that doesn't mean he was any good at it. And if he was, that raises the question of why he wasn't snagged by the army - don't tell me they wouldn't institute a draft*.

I'll acknowledge that Welkin might be very good at being in command, and his actions in the prologue probably should have earned him a commendation. And I'm not bothered by the idea of him getting promoted - I'm bothered that he went straight to regular/First Lieutenant, completely skipping Second Lieutenant. He's never been under the direct command of another officer while in the field. If just about every able-bodied person in Gallia can join the militia, where are the veterans? The re-enlisted officers? Did all the people with actual combat experience get promoted or decide to stay NCOs?

And really, my initial point was this - holy poo poo, everyone in this game is so drat young. And the only answer I can come up with for why that is is, "because anime."

(*Which also raises another question - where the hell is the army during all of this? I get that we're only seeing a small part of a whole front, but so far, it seems that only Squad 7 is actually managing to accomplish anything.)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Apep727 posted:

Second, Welkin may have been tapped for officer training, but that doesn't mean he was any good at it. And if he was, that raises the question of why he wasn't snagged by the army - don't tell me they wouldn't institute a draft*.

this is literally how Chapter 3 started

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Apep727 posted:

If just about every able-bodied person in Gallia can join the militia, where are the veterans? The re-enlisted officers? Did all the people with actual combat experience get promoted or decide to stay NCOs?

That's just it, any veteran's who's remotely able-bodied is in the regular army, while those way to old to fight like Colby are in the militia. It's a wonder we managed to snag Catherine (who's an EW I veteran) at all. And they have insituted a draft, which is why Welkin is leading Squad 7. Thing is, Gallia has a landed nobility, and those egotistic bastards will never let some commoner serve as an equal, especially if Darcsens are also to be included in said draft, which they have.

Apep727 posted:

*Which also raises another question - where the hell is the army during all of this? I get that we're only seeing a small part of a whole front, but so far, it seems that only Squad 7 is actually managing to accomplish anything.)

Regular army things I suppose- we only see Squad 7 accomplishing stuff because we're

A: Playing as them
B: Engaged in either small skirmishes or exploratory raids, while the regulars are engaged in line battles and trench warfare.
C: It IS anime.

As I recall, one of the DLCs also establishes the fact that the Empire basically launched a massively overwhelming assault on Gallia, trashing most of its front-line military. The third game (which occurs concurrently to this one) also reveals that Gallia's basically emptied out its prisons and formed penal legions. Basically, Gallia's really hurting for manpower and leadership, and so anyone who's even remotely qualified for whatever position has to fill said positions. The inclusion of Darcsens is supposed to be another indication of how desperate matters are. Hell, if anything knowing what I do of Gallia's military situation, I'm surprised Welkin hasn't been made a full general yet.

Apep727
Jun 18, 2016

Really Pants posted:

this is literally how Chapter 3 started

Okay, clarification: why didn't the army go, "oh, you're the son that big war hero, have had officer training, and have already demonstrated your capabilities in the field? Forget this militia nonsense - you're coming with us."

CommissarMega posted:

That's just it, any veteran's who's remotely able-bodied is in the regular army, while those way to old to fight like Colby are in the militia. It's a wonder we managed to snag Catherine (who's an EW I veteran) at all. And they have insituted a draft, which is why Welkin is leading Squad 7. Thing is, Gallia has a landed nobility, and those egotistic bastards will never let some commoner serve as an equal, especially if Darcsens are also to be included in said draft, which they have.

Okay, this is an argument I can actually buy. It's stupid, but it's exactly the kind of stupid I'd expect from a society in a steampunk-esque WWII expy game.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Video - Escape from Forest Snare

A once-in-a-lifetime chance encounter with soldiers of the Empire who are more than gloating one-note villains. #notallimps

New Recruits

Vyse Inglebard, Shocktrooper

Child of Nature: Paved roads feel strange and cold, leading to discomfort and lowered defense.
Born Leader: Having allies nearby sparks a sense of responsibility that leads to a natural boost in defensive ability.
First Aid Boost: The healing powers of Ragnaid (S) are occasionally increased.
Undodgeable Shot: Attacks have a set probability of being impossible for enemies to evade.

Marina Wulfstan, Sniper

Pollen Allergy: Heavy pollen allergies mean a steady drain of HP when standing near too much plant life.
Lone Wolf: Having allies nearby is a distraction that causes a drop in evasion ability.
Night Vision: Their keen sight is unimpeded by the darkness of night, letting them fire with increased accuracy.
Nest Master: Shooting from a position at the top of a ladder grants increased attack power.

Updated Personnel File

Melville Young

New Weaponry Files

ZM Kar B

ZM MP B

New Writing on the Wall

Militia Routs Imp Commander

New Lode in Gallian Southeast

New Special Order

For 2 CP, Sniper Support deals 100 damage to one enemy soldier you can see. The soldiers back in Barious all had 150 or 200 HP, and those numbers will only rise.

Do you have any idea just how much havoc Squad 7 can wreak with 2 CP?

I unlocked the North Kloden skirmish map at some point and never noticed. :downs:

1st Garrison is guarded by a light tank instead of a medium, and Radi Jaeger's elites are downgraded to standard brownshirts with a flamethrower-equipped medium tank. I'll grind the whole squad up to level 9.

Emile and Catherine gain Roof Hunter: Both evasion and attack power are enhanced when firing up at an elevated target.
Oscar and Marina gain Extra Shot: They can occasionally follow up an attack by loading one more round of ammunition.

Lancer level 8 gives you an order that's just like the Damage Boost you got from lancer level 7, except it costs 3 CP instead of 2. :geno:

Herbert, Ramsey, and Nadine gain Resist Counters: Damage taken from enemy counterattacks is lessened a set percentage of the time.
Karl and Homer gain Poison Tolerance: An acquired tolerance to toxins renders them immune to status ailments.
Dallas gains Demolition Man: Attacks using hand grenades have a set chance of dealing more damage than normal.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The pressure's on.

The Gallian base camp is facing a vicious Imperial assault. They won't be able to mount an effective counterattack until Welkin and Alicia can fight their way across the river. Without their fearless leader to take the blame, Squad 7 is lost.

Every recruit who has unlocked their potential is on leave. Choose six soldiers.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Really Pants posted:

Every recruit who has unlocked their potential is on leave. Choose six soldiers.

Uh, could we have a list of said on leave soldiers anyway? I'm kinda lost :shobon:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

CommissarMega posted:

Uh, could we have a list of said on leave soldiers anyway? I'm kinda lost :shobon:

These troops are currently on leave.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

:eyepop:

Talk about a good roll, the RNG likes you today. Vyse is fantastic, and only gets better once you unlock his potential. He's one of the top five Shocktroopers (along with Jane, Lynn, a tie between Alex and Salinas, and one fellow that hasn't joined us yet), and also he's Vyse from Skies of Arcadia so why the hell wouldn't you use him? As for Marina, she's hands-down the best Sniper in the game, capable of reducing her targeting reticle to just a tiny orange dot (in case you missed it, when a soldier misses, the stray bullet/rocket/shell will always fall somewhere within their reticle, so if you can fit the entire target within the reticle, it becomes impossible to actually miss).

Bring Vyse and Marina along on this mission.

By the way, another nice touch in the game I'm not sure anyone's pointed out, the Edelweiss counts as a Darcsen for Potentials like Darcsen Pride because Isara is driving.

EclecticTastes fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Oct 7, 2016

Apep727
Jun 18, 2016
As touching as that moment at the end was, I'm not going to act at all surprised when you continue to mow down enemy troops like so much wheat.

Also, I love that the Imperial officer was wearing a little half-cape. I don't know why, I just found that amusing.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Apep727 posted:

As touching as that moment at the end was, I'm not going to act at all surprised when you continue to mow down enemy troops like so much wheat.

Also, I love that the Imperial officer was wearing a little half-cape. I don't know why, I just found that amusing.

Welkin knows that if he tries to tone down the bloodthirst, Jane will murder him in his sleep.

CommissarMega posted:

I would buy the poo poo out of Jane's Imperial Murder Simulator.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Thanks man!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Welkin knows that if he tries to tone down the bloodthirst, Jane will murder him in his sleep.

Welkin also knows that if he doesn't sate the Blood Florist's thirst with a trickle of Imperials, the genocide she'd embark on would make us the baddies :v:

The Lord of Hats posted:

I would buy the poo poo out of Jane's Imperial Murder Simulator.

Damned straight.

Anyway, let's bring Vyse, Edy, Nina, Nils, Ramsey and Marina.

EclecticTastes posted:

By the way, another nice touch in the game I'm not sure anyone's pointed out, the Edelweiss counts as a Darcsen for Potentials like Darcsen Pride because Isara is driving.

I did now know this! Awesome! Unless you're a Darcsen hater, in which case I'd like to introduce you to Miss Turner :commissar:

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

I did now know this! Awesome! Unless you're a Darcsen hater, in which case I'd like to introduce you to Miss Turner :commissar:

I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but all of the Darcsen Haters are pretty bad in terms of their other Potentials, they're all among the worst of their respective classes, so outside of unlocking their last personal Potential for the sake of completion, there's no reason to use them. It feels like the devs felt they had to make some of the team racists, but then decided to compensate by making them suck.

EDIT: Oh, it seems I've been misinformed, could have sworn I saw it somewhere, but I was checking up on some numbers I was wondering about and found a note that the Edelweiss does not count as Darcsen, which feels a little unfair, but I guess it's because it counts as Welkin, who can appear on his own as a Scout.

EclecticTastes fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Oct 8, 2016

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Vyse, Theold, Rosina, Maria.

Some good, some racist, couple whoever you like. Speaking of racists, we haven't seen what happens when the enemy reaches a downed fighter first.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

Vyse, Theold, Rosina, Maria.

Some good, some racist, couple whoever you like. Speaking of racists, we haven't seen what happens when the enemy reaches a downed fighter first.

If a demonstration should prove necessary, I vote for Theold as the subject.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Edelweiss counting as Darcsen would be kind of redundant anyway.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Vyse, Edy, Nina, Theold, Rosina, and Marina are going to be dropped right in the poo poo.

Video - Reunion in the Forest

Technically this mission wasn't a snafu...only because nobody actually died.

Updated Personnel Files

Welkin Gunther

Faldio Landzaat

Eleanor Varrot

Edy Nelson

Nina Streiss

Theold Bohr

Rosina Selden

Gen. Gregor

New Weaponry File

ZM SG B

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face

same

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

same

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 9, 2016

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Video - A Midsummer Incident, Part 1

"I need to storm out of this highly public royal ceremony." "k"

New Recruits

Cherry Stijnen, Scout

Child of Nature: Paved roads feel strange and cold, leading to discomfort and lowered defense.
Chatty Cathy: Whenever a close friend is nearby, they just can't help but chitchat, a distraction that lowers their accuracy.
Fancies Men: Having men nearby makes them happy, leading to enhanced accuracy when firing.
Undodgeable Shot: Attacks have a set probability of being impossible for enemies to evade.
Skilled Assassin: If able to successfully land an attack without being noticed first, attack power and evasion both rise.

Cezary Regard, Sniper

Desert Bred: Standing on loose sand sharpens awareness, leading to improved evasion.
Darcsen Hater: Even just being around Darcsens makes them nauseous, leading to a decrease in defense.
Sniper Killer: Confidence that they can best any sniper grants a boost in attack abilities.
Perfect Dodge: Cat-like reflexes allow them to consistently dodge enemy counterattacks.
Backup Sniping: All attack parameters enjoy a boost when shooting with no one else nearby.

New Writing on the Wall

South, Central Forces Team Up

GOS to Be Cancelled

New Special Order

3 CP lets you deal 200 damage in a small radius around an enemy soldier you can see.

Unlike the Imperial Alliance's balloon mortars, Gallian fire support can strike immediately upon request. They also deal their full 200 even to lancers, which can be nice.

I'll have to start making space for some of these new add-ons soon.

Infantry upgrades are branching out as well.

Scouts and engineers can now be equipped with an A-type rifle for extra damage, an S-type for improved accuracy & range, or an X-type which will lower the defenses of any enemy soldier it hits.

Shocktroopers can finally carry some proper machine guns. The new Mags series is focused on stopping power, while the MAJ-X makes its targets deal less damage in turn.

Lancers get one straightforward upgrade in the Theimer line of anti-tank lance. It'll take another chapter or two to unlock that other branch.

Snipers can go for high damage, high accuracy & range, or reducing their targets' accuracy.

New Weaponry Files

Gallian-A

Gallian-S

Gallian-X

Mags MXX

MAJ-X

Theimer

Brondel

GSR-XX

Brondel X

This chapter gives you the Barious Desert skirmish, sans sandstorms.

I'll do a few runs to get the troops to level 10.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Nov 20, 2016

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I'm sure this is all a misunderstanding. Once the militia has fought their way through this Federation hit squad, secured the kidnapper's getaway car, and saved the Cardiff, we'll see that the ambassador and prime minister are totally innocent.

This operation will take place on the docks of the city at night.

City at night.

City at night.

CITY AT NIGHT

WAARGH

All lancers are currently on leave. The LPix screenshot tester is having some kind of trouble, so you get to have a drat Google Doc instead. Choose five soldiers.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Oct 9, 2016

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Vyse, Aika, Alicia, Dallas, Noce.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Bring Cezary so you can unlock his Potential and show everyone why he's actually the worst Sniper. Then pick four other people who haven't had their Potentials unlocked.

Cherry is okay, for those wondering. Nothing special, but definitely usable.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Alicia, Vyse, Aika, Noce, and Dallas must rescue the princess before she's in another castle.

Video - Kidnapping of Cordelia

Our obligation on this operation is Federation defenestration.

This chapter opens up the last section of Headquarters.

Now that Welkin has helped save Cordelia, he has carte blanche to go bug her whenever he wants.

Video - The Audience Hall

The princess hands out medals. Getting ten medals unlocks something good; otherwise they're utterly pointless.

The main book will now have a Decorations tab where you can bask in the warm glow of egotism.

Here's the shiny Gallian Medal of Honor you get for clearing Chapter 9.

The Lance of Gallia is awarded for taking out any ace unit. It's the Gallian Militia's participation ribbon.

The Crimson Heart is shamelessly stolen from a soldier who was wounded in action.

The Audience Hall does have a far better function which I hope to show very soon, but that all depends on how well I can manage to do.

New Personnel Files

Cordelia gi Randgriz

Maurits von Borg

Jean Townshend

Updated Personnel Files

Welkin Gunther

Isara Gunther

Faldio Landzaat

Eleanor Varrot

Brigitte Stark

Kreis Czherny

Leon Schmidt

Georg von Damon

Belgen Gunther

Theimer

Vyse Inglebard

New Glossary Files

Atlantic Federation

Gallian Tanks

Imperial Tanks

Federation Tanks

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Oct 10, 2016

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Correction, THIS is where I stopped playing. I remember this map well.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

As a note, I recall that Vyse and Ted's unique Potentials are scaled based on how many foes are sighted when it triggers, and I believe it procs each time they're sighted, which can make Ted all but invincible as he rushes through interception fire to help you one-turn a map, and give Vyse enough power to take down basically anyone he shoots at (he can even score a twofer if you can line up the shot properly). This is why the two of them are among the best of their respective classes.

Also, I like how the lances you guys are using were designed by Isara's father, based on their name. Adds a little depth to the world without having to explicitly state anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

There's another Ellet report in between Chapters 9 and 10.

Video - Squad 7's R&R

In a life-or-death situation, sometimes we see the darkest parts of the human condition rise to the surface...grim aspects that are painful to acknowledge.

Updated Personnel Files

Welkin Gunther

Alicia Melchiott

Isara Gunther

Brigitte Stark

Hans

Note the price for this report, compared to all the others before it. Video games :rolleye:

Mostly I'm just disappointed there was no mission. I'd totally be up for defending House Randgriz's party beach from a surprise attack by Major Bummer and his Surf Imps. They could have had some kind of wackity-rear end tricycle pontoon tank and everything.

Video - Fouzen, Part 1

Now that we've had our obligatory swimsuit hijinks, let's jump straight to concentration camps.

New Recruits

Hannes Salinger, Shocktrooper

Imp Hater: Pure hatred for the Empire yields a boost in accuracy.
Undercover Fire: When crouching, their attack power is boosted.
Kamikaze: Both accuracy and evasion receive a boost when HP drops to a single digit.

Claudia Mann, Engineer

City Kid: Standing on paved roads reminds them on the city, making them feel right at home and upping their defense.
Shut-In: When holed up in camp, they cease to pay attention to the world outside, causing a drop in defense.
Defense Boost: While taking action, they occasionally enjoy heightened defenses.
Demolition Man: Attacks using hand grenades have a set chance of dealing more damage than normal.

If I'm not mistaken, these are the very last of the regular recruits.

New Writing on the Wall

Princess Kidnapping Foiled

Militia Lieutenant Decorated

I'm going to make room for as many of these accuracy add-ons as possible.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Nov 20, 2016

• Locked thread