Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I was driving and i saw a flash of light in my peripheral vision and then heard a loud bang and it sounded like it hit my car.

My first thought was like "woah who the gently caress is shooting at me" (I have a lot of enemies)

that's my lightning story; hope you liked it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NVJ
Apr 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Were you going 88mph

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

that's called a stroke

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

As stupid teens we were out parked in a car somewhere smoking a bowl. It was a little metal piece of crap, and when it was cashed I was sitting shotgun and looking for a place to set it down. The car cig lighter was the approximate size so i just slid it in . Heard a pop, smelled some smoke and not the good kind either. Somehow it'd fried out about 3/4 of the fuses in the car. This was before cell phones so there was no quick call to get us picked up.

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
perhaps you had a pulmonary embolism and the clot travelled to your brain causing a stroke

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ein cooler Typ posted:

that's my lightning story; hope you liked it

I did voting 5

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
seems likely. I have poor health

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
whether it was a stroke or a bolt of lightning, you can clearly see how much god hates you now

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

if your car was struck by lightning it should start talking to you and bringing you on crazy adventures with family-friendly levels of peril. if this doesn't occur within 24 hours then it probably missed you.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

NVJ posted:

Were you going 88mph

Good 1st post

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

satanic splash-back posted:

that's called a stroke

Solid auxiliary 1st

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Sid Vicious posted:

perhaps you had a pulmonary embolism and the clot travelled to your brain causing a stroke

Look who's been watching House!

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

The Bananana posted:

Look who's been watching House!

guilty

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I have 4 minutes left before my ps4 finishes reinstalling Aliem: isolation

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

As stupid teens we were out parked in a car somewhere smoking a bowl. It was a little metal piece of crap, and when it was cashed I was sitting shotgun and looking for a place to set it down. The car cig lighter was the approximate size so i just slid it in . Heard a pop, smelled some smoke and not the good kind either. Somehow it'd fried out about 3/4 of the fuses in the car. This was before cell phones so there was no quick call to get us picked up.

and now your ghost floats through something awful haunting every thread

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

ROFLburger posted:

and now your ghost floats through something awful haunting every thread

And when I tried to go back to empty-quote him to show everyone, I couldn't find it. Then the wise old poster just looked at me and said "Son, he was permabanned back in '06."

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

my apartment was struck by lightening while i was wearing headphone which were connected to my laptop which was plugged in.
it felt like someone punched me as hard as they could on both sides of my head
if your car was struck by lightening, i would think you would feel something

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
it would seem that the lightening also did some permanent damage to your braine

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

ROFLburger posted:

it would seem that the lightening also did some permanent damage to your braine

braien :sci101:

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
A lot of people claim to have turned to Jesus while on a long lonely drive. As if being anointed with hot holy oil at 75mph

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
sounds like swamp gas to me

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy
I read the title as "I think my cat got struck by lightning" and I was curious to see what made you suspect that.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j18e_ID-DpA

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

why would you stick something metal into a power outlet and think you were being smart

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
thats whats known as loud light
most people arent even aware that light makes loud noise a little more than half the time

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

reallivedinosaur posted:

why would you stick something metal into a power outlet and think you were being smart

As stupid teens we were out parked in a car somewhere smoking a bowl.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

ok but this reads like a ridiculous anti-drug propaganda commercial where the kids get high and the one takes his dads gun out and shoots the other one

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i once got chased by either a swamp gas or a goddamn will o' the wisp

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

And when I tried to go back to empty-quote him to show everyone, I couldn't find it. Then the wise old poster just looked at me and said "Son, he was permabanned back in '06."

:eek:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
It's your fault that a herd of reindeer was struck by lightning in Norway, killing at least 323 of the animals?

it happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I had a similar experience only it was a UFO that shot some sort of beam that hit the car. I was scared for a moment, the felt very light and peaceful. When I came to I was on the planet Zergnomph.

That's my Zergnomph story, hope you liked it.

• Locked thread