Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

She's gone and I don't think she's coming back.
There's a hole in the window screen in the basement (and my heart).
She is extremely skittish so I'm pretty sure she won't go near anyone or anything that moves, so she probably won't die a horrible death to the big dogs next door, probably.
She hates me, she screameows at me constantly and only when my kids aren't here does she sleep with me.
She's gone and she's never coming back and I'm heartbroken.

e: here is a picture of her watching My Cat From Hell, her favorite show.

and here she is sleeping my big rear end dog and my daughter

Goodbye Jake, you may have never really loved me but I loved you.

Grem fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Aug 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'm so sorry :( have you tried leaving some food inside of the screen window? If it's patched up or blocked off so that she can't just climb in, eat, and leave again, she may be tempted into coming back and meowing for her dinner.

It might be a long shot but it worked when my boyfriend's cat got out. Good luck and my condolences again :(

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Thanks. I'm putting tape over the hole in the screen so she can still get through and I'd know if she is coming and going. That's actually a lot more plausible way of getting her, chancing upon her when she's inside, than her coming to the door for food. She runs like hell away from everyone and when she's gotten out before I've had to circle around and chase her into the house.

She's only gotten out twice before and never been gone this long.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Grem posted:

Thanks. I'm putting tape over the hole in the screen so she can still get through and I'd know if she is coming and going. That's actually a lot more plausible way of getting her, chancing upon her when she's inside, than her coming to the door for food. She runs like hell away from everyone and when she's gotten out before I've had to circle around and chase her into the house.

She's only gotten out twice before and never been gone this long.

Most cats are found within 4-5 houses of where they escaped. They're not used to all the smells and noises outdoors and they find a place to hide. See if any of the local shelters can let you borrow some live traps and you could put them out with some food and/or treats. You might be able to recruit people for a search party that way too.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

She's back! Was boning down with the girlfriend and my cat screameowed at the bedroom door to be let in!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Awesome :)

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Grem posted:

She's back! Was boning down with the girlfriend and my cat screameowed at the bedroom door to be let in!

:3: this is a good story thanks OP

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I love a story with a happy ending :unsmith:

I know Hope would not run on me but I'm utterly frightened of such a thing anyway. Makes opening the patio screens during the nice weather months hard, though.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Yay! So happy she came back.

Sekhmet
Nov 16, 2001

I'm glad she's back. For next time, or for anyone else looking to this thread for advice:

http://www.catsinthebag.org/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Grem posted:

She has been waiting outside your door for hours, just waiting for the perfect moment to announce her arrival.

• Locked thread