Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Getting a desk, just need the good word from this guy of when I can go get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
one time i posted a beard trimmer on craigslist and a guy came over to look at it and when i handed it to him he just started using it on his face/neck

i mean even if he didn't buy it i prob would have just given it to him

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

That sounds great! I got a microwave a few months ago for $30 - this particular model is $100 new and it looked like it had never been used. Haven't had any problems with it so $30 well spent! I hope you have the same luck!

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
yeah who buys a microwave new lol

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

gargle chome posted:

yeah who buys a microwave new lol

Probably the same idiots that buy new underwear. :rolleyes:

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

OctoberBlues posted:

Probably the same idiots that buy new underwear. :rolleyes:

well i duno man i still buy my undies new im just not with you there on that one

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
don't get robbed

also

watch out for snakes!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
love looking for cheap, hard wood on craigslist

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
nice OP, I got a blow job of CL last week

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

:mrwhite::margeball::whitewater:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

the bedbugs come free

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

satanic splash-back posted:

the bedbugs come free

Everyone always makes a bedbug joke, but in fact bedbugs only appear in about 7% of furniture purchased secondhand. And 99% of the time they can easily be eliminated with apple cider vinegar and fenugreek.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Watch out for desk mites.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
You can get the same deals at Goodwill or other thrift store and the chance of being stabbed is at least 7% lower.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
try not to get raped and murdered

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
I posted six sheets of greenboard drywall (maybe $15 worth) for free at 930pm last night and I've gotten over thirty emails about it. Craigslist is crazy.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Enjoy your desk + free spiders op

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Just a few weeks ago I walked out of Goodwill with a perfectly functional and clean cable modem/wifi router and a network switch. And it cost me $15.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
oooooOooooOOOOooO incredible fortune for u canpakes! ^.^

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

notZaar posted:

You can get the same deals at Goodwill or other thrift store and the chance of being stabbed is at least 7% lower.

That's funny because I was once in a goodwill when some crazy homeless person came in and ran around with a knife. Luckily they left and ran across the street to a walgreens and I got to watch the police arrest them.

Anyway, based on my personal experience I would say you're at least 88% more likely to get stabbed at a goodwill then a craigslist transaction.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Did you get the happy ending?

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

OctoberBlues posted:

Anyway, based on my personal experience I would say you're at least 88% more likely to get stabbed at a goodwill then a craigslist transaction.

i've run the numbers and it's true

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

OctoberBlues posted:

Everyone always makes a bedbug joke, but in fact bedbugs only appear in about 7% of furniture purchased secondhand. And 99% of the time they can easily be eliminated with apple cider vinegar and fenugreek.

no they cant

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the desk is filled with spiders and so am i. we are all filled with spiders. atoms are a lie and matter is made of tiny spiders.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Well you have to use organic fenugreek. Let me guess, you just bought a cheap jar and thought that would do the trick??

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Don't buy used furniture for any reason

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Serious Frolicking posted:

the desk is filled with spiders and so am i. we are all filled with spiders. atoms are a lie and matter is made of tiny spiders.

What are the spiders made of?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Is it real wood or fiberboard? Will you be doing a refinish or just using as is?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

don't forget you'll need a scraper of some kind to chisel the vast stalagmites of cum from the underside

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

voting 5

will change to 1 if op is not murdered

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i got my current desk off craigslist for 50 and its a huge piece of garbage

i would have just carved one but i have no loving patience and am not heterosexual

Lurks Morington
Aug 7, 2016

by Smythe
I bought an Alienware 15in laptop for like 200. Went to a mall like 20 minutes away from me, dude was like an hour late. The sun was going down and mall was closing when he rolled up on a bike, wearing a wife beater, and full sleeves and I was like 'this is how I die'. He handed me the bag, smelling so strong of cigarettes, weed, and who knows what drug, and inside was like a brand new computer. Through my white person fear of 'urbans' I ask where the install disks are. He agrees that 'those shits are expensive' and knocks $100 off the 300 asking price. I drive home thinking I bought a stolen computer, but later he texts me if I want buy the disks that came with. I decline, having upgraded to windows 10.

Moral of the story: alienware makes ugly laptops that I don't bring anywhere because I don't need that gamer vibe

Aryu Kiddimeh
Nov 9, 2012
I'm happy for your both

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

extra stout posted:

i got my current desk off craigslist for 50 and its a huge piece of garbage

i would have just carved one but i have no loving patience and am not heterosexual

one of the handiest "always doing home improvement" people I know is also one of the most openly gay people I know

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I got a couch for $40 on CL and it stank like a mofo and I ended up paying someone $50 to haul it to the dump.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Kuato posted:

I got a couch for $40 on CL and it stank like a mofo and I ended up paying someone $50 to haul it to the dump.

Haha, suck it kuato!

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Melchior posted:

I posted six sheets of greenboard drywall (maybe $15 worth) for free at 930pm last night and I've gotten over thirty emails about it. Craigslist is crazy.

I don't even bother posting free poo poo on craigslist. I just put it out front and put a sign on it that it's free and it's gone in like half an hour. At my old house I didn't even need to put a sign on it!

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Moridin920 posted:

one of the handiest "always doing home improvement" people I know is also one of the most openly gay people I know

maybe thats why american men no longer know how tools work, or to not buy them made of plastic from china

that one gay guy made them all insecure about looking like a fruit

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Kuato posted:

what did it smell like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I tried to give away a couch one time and put a sign up in a grocery store where the poors and college students live and a week later my brother and I carried down and put it in a store parking lot for them to deal with because no one had called. The next day I got I think five calls about it.

• Locked thread