Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I dunno why but I stumbled across a article about a clam that lived to be 507 years old. Thats nuts! Do you think a 500 year old clam tastes better or worse than a regular clam? Do you think Jesus peed in the ocean and this clam drank it? How old are the clams at Applebees???

All I know is I want to eat that clam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
opens legs

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

op, eating clams is murder and you make me sick.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Pleeeeeease she's basically a newborn babe by clam standards

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Instead of eating that golden goose, you're better off putting something inside it and get a pearl out of it ! Become rich

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I miss your mother too

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
I don't really like clams, but I can see where you're coming from. Like, making a nice computer chair out of one those 5000 year old trees.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tricky D posted:

I don't really like clams, but I can see where you're coming from. Like, making a nice computer chair out of one those 5000 year old trees.

More like making maple syrup out of a 5000 year old tree and then consuming it

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Some dick grad student cut down the oldest tree known to exist, half a century ago. We've since found older clonal colonies of other kinds of tree but to this date it's the oldest individual tree that has ever been found.

I'd tell you to go join a "destroy things that are outside the scope of our human scale of life cuz we're dicks" club with him, but not even he was a big enough dick to kill it intentionally and he felt hella bad after counting rings. Thing was 5k years old. It was there a thousand years before the pyramids were built. What gives anyone the right to gently caress with a living thing that old? Mondo uncool. Major hubris alert.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Nathilus posted:

Some dick grad student cut down the oldest tree known to exist, half a century ago. We've since found older clonal colonies of other kinds of tree but to this date it's the oldest individual tree that has ever been found.

I'd tell you to go join a "destroy things that are outside the scope of our human scale of life cuz we're dicks" club with him, but not even he was a big enough dick to kill it intentionally and he felt hella bad after counting rings. Thing was 5k years old. It was there a thousand years before the pyramids were built. What gives anyone the right to gently caress with a living thing that old? Mondo uncool. Major hubris alert.

why did he cut it down

did he never see pocahonto

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
have you guys seen those clam that looks like penises? gooey ducks clam?

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

hth posted:

why did he cut it down

did he never see pocahonto

He was trying to get a core and his borer got stuck. A park ranger then helped him retrieve the tool by CUTTING DOWN THE OLDEST INDIVIDUAL LIVING THING KNOWN TO EXIST RAUGH! But of course nobody knew that the tree was that old until after the fact.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Vikings eat those Greenland sharks. They live to be a couple hundred years old. Have to let them rot to get the urea chemicals off their ancient skin.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
Remember the clam pokemon that looks like a vagina? lol

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Remember that scientist who drank billion year old water? I want to drink some old-rear end water.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ill eat ur clam op

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
#itsherturn

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Ehh, what the hell, I'll give it a try.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

yeah keep going

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

I would be ten times as smug as this smug fucker right here.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Sharon Stone is the hottest babe.

His Purple Majesty
Dec 12, 2008
If you want to eat an old clam just show up at your mother's house op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Nathilus posted:

Food Chain bitch boi

• Locked thread