Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Here are some ground rules:
-Time stops, everything freezes, and everything returns to normal when you unfreeze time. People will obviously notice if things have moved or if you have moved
-You will age when time is frozen. I see no way around this, your heart is still beating and whatnot. So if you freeze too much time, people are going to think you have aged very quickly
-You cannot bring anyone with you in the frozen time world, it's just you

So what would you do? One thing that I think would be difficult is transportation. It would be very hard to drive because the roads would be full of "parked" cars. Seems like biking or a motorcycle might be the way to go.

Anyway, would you do good things? Bad things? Robin Hood type things that could fall into a grey area?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

probably smell ladies' bottoms on the subway tbh

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Whatever Rick and Morty did. Wouldn't let my parents get moldy though.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Rob banks, kill people I don't like, break into a police evidence locker and steal all the drugs, put LSD in people's frappucinos at starbucks

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
What would you do op?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'd find out where Op lives and post from his phone or cpu and get him permabanned and/or arrested somehow

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Free groceries. I'm a simple man with simple needs.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

What would you do op?

I would like to say I would do good things, but I would almost certainly just steal everything that I would normally buy at any store. Plus probably everything that Nigmaetcetera said.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

This would also be good for taking naps, but I would try not to abuse that since I would still be aging.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Help my friends out.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i would definitely end capitalism with two swords on my back, one steel and one silver

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I think one of the things I would do, is going into the Oval Office and rip a huge, wet fart.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

I think one of the things I would do, is going into the Oval Office and rip a huge, wet fart.

Assuming you don't live near DC, how would you get there? It seems to me it would almost impossible to travel long distances. An exception of course would be if you could fly a plane, but not sure how that would work with no air traffic controllers and planes just hanging in the air and whatnot?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Kill Joseph Joestar.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
catch up on my masturbation
that backlog really builds up

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

OctoberBlues posted:

Assuming you don't live near DC, how would you get there? It seems to me it would almost impossible to travel long distances. An exception of course would be if you could fly a plane, but not sure how that would work with no air traffic controllers and planes just hanging in the air and whatnot?

now youve got me confused, so if we're unfrozen, can we bring things out of frozenness or whatever

if i walk up to a car, can i not open the door, turn it on, steal it and drive it?

is everything glued to the loving earth and literally the only purpose is looking at girls titties real close you creepy fuckker

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Every time I met a guy for the first time I'd freeze time and jerk him off until he was just a split second from finishing then unfreeze time so right as he looked in my eyes he'd jizz in his pants and even if he were straight it would be hard not to question those kind of results.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord
Sounds to me like OP is making all of this up and it won't actually happen.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

extra stout posted:

now youve got me confused, so if we're unfrozen, can we bring things out of frozenness or whatever

if i walk up to a car, can i not open the door, turn it on, steal it and drive it?

is everything glued to the loving earth and literally the only purpose is looking at girls titties real close you creepy fuckker

No, you could steal a car and drive it, but it would be very hard to drive with cars all over the road that aren't moving.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

OctoberBlues posted:

Take a flipping plane to DC, freeze time, fart, unfreeze time.

You gave us the power to freeze and unfreeze.

Is doing a normal thing such a chore?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

OctoberBlues posted:

Go there first then freeze time, obviously. Wait, can we only freeze time once? Because if so that's a pretty lame wish fulfillment fantasy. I'd be using it several times a day, and send videos of myself demonstrating my powers to news agencies all over the world. The video would end with me saying "All nations have 48 hours to surrender and cede control of their governments to me, The Time Master Chronos". If they didn't let's just say their politicians heads would start to have a tendency towards spontaneously falling off in public.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

Take a flipping plane to DC, freeze time, fart, unfreeze time.

You gave us the power to freeze and unfreeze.

Is doing a normal thing such a chore?

Well I guess you could do that, but you'd have to spend hundreds of dollars on plane tickets. Your money though!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

OctoberBlues posted:

Well I guess you could do that, but you'd have to spend hundreds of dollars on plane tickets. Your money though!

I'm changing my answer to me spending eternity farting in your time frozen mouth.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Go there first then freeze time, obviously. Wait, can we only freeze time once? Because if so that's a pretty lame wish fulfillment fantasy. I'd be using it several times a day, and send videos of myself demonstrating my powers to news agencies all over the world. The video would end with me saying "All nations have 48 hours to surrender and cede control of their governments to me, The Time Master Chronos". If they didn't let's just say their politicians heads would start to have a tendency towards spontaneously falling off in public.

No you can definitely use it however many times you want. I'm just thinking that most of us don't have time to just fly to random places on normal days when time is unfrozen, so it would be preferable to travel when time is frozen, but much more difficult.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
id definitely abuse my powers to get rich af and then probably try to fix the world and become a lunatic wearing a spike suit and calling my self The Shrike

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
sleep in longer before going to work.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Steal lots of money

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
meh if you steal it you still have to explain where it all came from and poo poo to the IRS

just go to Vegas and abuse the gently caress out of it to win at poker/roulette/blackjack

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Volcott posted:

Kill Joseph Joestar.

Live gorgeously forever.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

probably smell ladies' bottoms on the subway tbh

If EVERYTHING is frozen, like planets stop turnin, everyone else's blood stops pumping, food stops bein digested etc, would bottoms still even have a smell? Like would the cool molecules that make bottoms worth smelling even be released?

I bet you'd get one good whiff and then that's it, gotta move on :(

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord
How would one get rich the quickest? You'd still have barriers to vaults, brinks trucks aren't carrying that much money. Robbing some stores means you'd have to sell that poo poo on eBay and CL and gently caress that. I'd be too lazy to utilize this power beyond just stealing a bunch of stuff I'd like, but then I could just use my credit card right now if I really wanted stuff.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kuato posted:

How would one get rich the quickest? You'd still have barriers to vaults, brinks trucks aren't carrying that much money. Robbing some stores means you'd have to sell that poo poo on eBay and CL and gently caress that. I'd be too lazy to utilize this power beyond just stealing a bunch of stuff I'd like, but then I could just use my credit card right now if I really wanted stuff.

Go to Vegas, act like a whale, play on high stakes poker/blackjack tables.

win

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

meh if you steal it you still have to explain where it all came from and poo poo to the IRS

just go to Vegas and abuse the gently caress out of it to win at poker/roulette/blackjack

Yes, making large amounts of money would be interesting... gambling would probably be the way to go. You could also bet large amounts on sporting events and then personally walk on the field and gently caress with the results. Like loosen the ball in the RB's hands so he fumbles, etc. That would be a little more difficult I guess since gambling is only legal in Las Vegas.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

probadly murder some people without repercussions. who are we kidding here?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

Go to Vegas, act like a whale, play on high stakes poker/blackjack tables.

win

Blackjack would be pretty easy to cheat at, but they'd probably kick you out before you could make like super serious money.

Poker might work better, but it would take longer.

naem
May 29, 2011

You could probably set up some kind of jewel heist like get a job at the, jewel factory and rob the vault then be like "look I was here on camera the whole time"

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Pervert stuff obviously.

Ah but riddle me this, if you can only take yourself into stopped-time-continuity, how do you expect to do anything with any other physical object? To move or manipulate things you need force over time. You wouldn't even be able to move through the atmosphere if time is totally stopped for everything else.

The only way I see it as even remotely doable would be to ensure a small radius around you is enveloped within your termporal "things can happen here" zone.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Nathilus posted:

Pervert stuff obviously.

Ah but riddle me this, if you can only take yourself into stopped-time-continuity, how do you expect to do anything with any other physical object? To move or manipulate things you need force over time. You wouldn't even be able to move through the atmosphere if time is totally stopped for everything else.

The only way I see it as even remotely doable would be to ensure a small radius around you is enveloped within your termporal "things can happen here" zone.

Yeah, you basically have to use a cheat code for this... But since no one has ever frozen time before we'll just say it's one of those weird cosmic things where you can actually still move everything.... yep.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

OctoberBlues posted:

Here are some ground rules:
-Time stops, everything freezes, and everything returns to normal when you unfreeze time. People will obviously notice if things have moved or if you have moved
-You will age when time is frozen. I see no way around this, your heart is still beating and whatnot. So if you freeze too much time, people are going to think you have aged very quickly
-You cannot bring anyone with you in the frozen time world, it's just you

So what would you do? One thing that I think would be difficult is transportation. It would be very hard to drive because the roads would be full of "parked" cars. Seems like biking or a motorcycle might be the way to go.

Anyway, would you do good things? Bad things? Robin Hood type things that could fall into a grey area?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

This feels like blatant cross thread promotion to me?!?!

• Locked thread